PDA

View Full Version : Kwik Fit Flyer

Jamesie
27-01-2016, 07:32 AM
I was flying down to Heathrow earlier this week and the plane flew over Brentford’s ground.

For some reason this reminded me of years gone by, probably the early 1990s, when the Kwik Fit Flyer – owned by a Sir Tom Farmer company I recall and more commonly used to deliver traffic reports for Radio Forth – would occasionally land behind the East Stand at around 4.25pm on a match day Saturday to pick up passengers.

From memory I think this was often Alex Miller, off on some foreign scouting mission and requiring to get to the airport sharpish. Anyone else remember this? To my ten or eleven year old self it was often more exciting than the football!

O'Rourke3
27-01-2016, 08:34 AM
Jackie Thompson anf the KFF. Actually worked woth her whiile she was doing that. She was one of the 'choir" in The Royal Mile Banquets. Now the liquid rooms

Sent via the bushes @ EM

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Jackie Thompson anf the KFF. Actually worked woth her whiile she was doing that. She was one of the 'choir" in The Royal Mile Banquets. Now the liquid rooms

Sent via the bushes @ EM

I was part of that show as well. Were you in the choir?

O'Rourke3
27-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Indeed....not in the first batch but was there a coupme of years in all almost till the place shut. Big choir to start. Got a lot smaller. Good fun though. I'll send you a PM....

Sent via the bushes @ EM