PDA

View Full Version : McGinn in centre mid.

mjhibby
26-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Is it just me who feels McGinn should be in centre midfield where I think he would do much more damage and create and score more goals. He drifts past players so easily but out wide he looks to cross and his speed of thought at most times is quicker than Jason etc. Hopefully if he played there we could kill games off quicker.

CB_NO3
26-01-2016, 09:48 PM
100% agree. He is wasted on the left. He needs to be involved in the centre of the park, hunting and chasing down the opposition and driving at their defence.

coco22
26-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Agree. Although Stubbs has the midfield rotating fairly well, I think he would be more effective centrally. Very good despite a slight loss of his mojo

Michael
26-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Agreed...but we have a lot of choice. I thought that McGeouch looked really good in the deeper role he had against Falkirk.

I'm beginning to think we'd look best with this set up in the middle:

----(DEFENCE)----

------McGeouch---

----Fyvie----------

------McGinn-----

----(ATTACK)----

Frogga
26-01-2016, 10:05 PM
I don't think he was on the left was he?

It looked like we were playing a diamond on Saturday.

------Bartley------

Fyvie-------McGinn

----Henderson----

1van Sprou7e
26-01-2016, 11:45 PM
I don't think he was on the left was he?

It looked like we were playing a diamond on Saturday.

------Bartley------

Fyvie-------McGinn

----Henderson----

Aye we usually play a narrow diamond with 4 CMs, dunno what OP is chattin

J-C
27-01-2016, 12:07 AM
McGinn's a left footer and plays on that side of the central midfield, it will only be natural for him to go slightly wider to link up with Stevenson, our midfield never have a rigged structure, Stubbs has always allowed them a free role to intertwine their positions.

Craigmount Hibs
27-01-2016, 12:11 AM
Is it just me who feels McGinn should be in centre midfield where I think he would do much more damage and create and score more goals. He drifts past players so easily but out wide he looks to cross and his speed of thought at most times is quicker than Jason etc. Hopefully if he played there we could kill games off quicker.

I think he's been used on the left of a diamond all the time, rather than wide left. If we changed to playing with wingers, I'd agree - but we don't have the players to do that, so I'd leave him where he is. Reckon once he returns to the form of Oct/Nov, no-one will mind where he's playing.

ancient hibee
27-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Reckon McGinn could do with a rest as soon as possible.

mjhibby
31-01-2016, 08:09 AM
McGinn did all his best work from centre mid including that superb ran at the end. Just saying stubbsy.

lucky
31-01-2016, 08:13 AM
Reckon McGinn could do with a rest as soon as possible.

Do you still hold that view?