PDA

View Full Version : st johnstone, morton or hearts?

noz
26-01-2016, 06:36 PM
our next 3 games....

you could argue Morton is the most important (promotion over cup for me) ... thoughts?

hibs0666
26-01-2016, 06:36 PM
our next 3 games....

you could argue Morton is the most important (promotion over cup for me) ... thoughts?

The next one.

Malthibby
26-01-2016, 06:42 PM
The next one.

Then the one after that........

Ronniekirk
26-01-2016, 06:49 PM
our next 3 games....

Clearly in an ideal world we would win all three pragmatically we need to not fall further behind Rangers if we want to have a chance of winning the Title ,so we need to win that one .
To take three scalps of teams in the league above us and reach a Cup Final would send out a significant message to other teams that we are clearly a team capable of playing at a higher level and would earn us income for the next a transfer Window so again a must win for me .
Our record against Hearts isn't great and it would be good to put one over them in the Scottish Cup given that Final So again another must win for me

So in short and for completely different reasons we need to win them all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Morton.

matty_f
26-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Good thread. :agree: Promotion is the number one priority IMHO, however I agree with hibs0666 - the next game is the most important one. As cliched as it is, if the squad were to give one game more importance than the other then they'd come a cropper at some point.

I just want the games coming thick and fast again - I think we lost some momentum in the international break and then with the Morton game being called off. We have had a few games since and have started to see performances picking up again. I think we're in with a good shout on Saturday, it'll be really tough but it's winable. Whatever happens there, it's good that there's very little time to reflect on it, there's another game right away.

We should be looking to win all three. Never thought I'd say this, but out of all three the one that I would be least bothered about winning is the derby. Mental!

Sir David Gray
26-01-2016, 07:08 PM
We need to get promoted - in the grand scheme of things I'll be quite happy to wait another year for the Scottish Cup if it means we're playing top flight football next season.

Of course I want to beat Hearts but beating Morton next Tuesday is the priority.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Crazy as it seems, the 1st 2 are the most important in my opinion. 1st one gets a place in a national
Cup final, the 2nd one is another 3 points.
Would hate to lose to that mob though

James70
26-01-2016, 07:33 PM
In order of importance I would put Hearts first, St Johnstone 2nd and Morton 3rd.

Lose one or both of the cup ties and we are denied money spinning ties later on as well as giving that lot bragging rights yet again. Lose to Morton and all is not lost even if it means getting involved in play offs.

Every game from now till the end of the season is important to win though.

.Sean.
26-01-2016, 07:37 PM
We'll win them all

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Morton game. Other 2 are a bonus.

Hibernia&Alba
26-01-2016, 07:38 PM
The league must always be the priority, IMO, and particularly so when we're in the Championship and desperately need promotion. But it's nice to have so many important games to play at this stage of the season; a cup semi-final and a cup derby match in addition to a promotion push means good times. :agree:

bod
26-01-2016, 07:41 PM
The next game is the most important.1 game at a time

Aldo
26-01-2016, 07:42 PM
Morton for me as Promotion is the main aim.... However every game on its merit and we must go out to try and one every game!

Zazu62
26-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Hearts every single time

PISTOL1875
26-01-2016, 07:51 PM
We need to get promoted - in the grand scheme of things I'll be quite happy to wait another year for the Scottish Cup if it means we're playing top flight football next season.

Of course I want to beat Hearts but beating Morton next Tuesday is the priority.

We WILL be prompted - as Champions...

Sir David Gray
26-01-2016, 07:53 PM
We WILL be prompted - as Champions...

Only if we keep picking up three points! :wink:

we are hibs
26-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Hearts every single time

This. Beating them is everything. Losing isn't an option on the 7th

Michael
26-01-2016, 08:54 PM
For me the Scottish Cup is always the priority regardless of who we're playing in it. If we won the cup I wouldn't care if never played in the Premiership again.

Baw187
26-01-2016, 08:55 PM
There isn't s priority to be had. We aim to, and expect to, win them all. Whether we do or not is a different matter but we have to believe we can, and with good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibernianJK
26-01-2016, 09:00 PM
For me the Scottish Cup is always the priority regardless of who we're playing in it. If we won the cup I wouldn't care if never played in the Premiership again.

I think that's very short minded and would not bode well for the future of this club whatsoever.

Phil MaGlass
26-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Morton. We will beat St.J by 2 hoals and Hertz game isnae important. We will beat them easily

Craigmount Hibs
26-01-2016, 11:02 PM
Good thread. :agree: Promotion is the number one priority IMHO, however I agree with hibs0666 - the next game is the most important one. As cliched as it is, if the squad were to give one game more importance than the other then they'd come a cropper at some point.

I just want the games coming thick and fast again - I think we lost some momentum in the international break and then with the Morton game being called off. We have had a few games since and have started to see performances picking up again. I think we're in with a good shout on Saturday, it'll be really tough but it's winable. Whatever happens there, it's good that there's very little time to reflect on it, there's another game right away.

We should be looking to win all three. Never thought I'd say this, but out of all three the one that I would be least bothered about winning is the derby. Mental!
By the time the 7th comes around, we'll all be bothered about it. Let's hope we're flying, after wins against both st j and morton.

I desperately wanna win all 3.

SteveHFC
26-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Every game is.

wookie70
26-01-2016, 11:23 PM
Why the Morton game was arranged between these games is a mystery to me. In order of importance for me, Morton, Saints, them

Pete
26-01-2016, 11:26 PM
St. Johnstone.

Easily.

Mikey09
26-01-2016, 11:37 PM
We'll win them all

Thats the ****ing attitude!! :agree:

monktonharp
26-01-2016, 11:40 PM
Crazy as it seems, the 1st 2 are the most important in my opinion. 1st one gets a place in a national
Cup final, the 2nd one is another 3 points.
Would hate to lose to that mob thoughsame , with the proviso that we don't lose to that mob, rather draw then beat them at home:greengrin

monktonharp
26-01-2016, 11:46 PM
The league must always be the priority, IMO, and particularly so when we're in the Championship and desperately need promotion. But it's nice to have so many important games to play at this stage of the season; a cup semi-final and a cup derby match in addition to a promotion push means good times. :agree:the fact that we have such a run of very important games coming hard and fast, makes me optimistic and believing that we will get something very good out of these 3 games. glass half full.

B.H.F.C
26-01-2016, 11:58 PM
Just win on Saturday and take it from there. They are all important for different reasons and winning the semi final would set us up nicely for next week.