PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: KEVIN THOMSON SPEAKS TO HIBS TV

RSS Bot
26-01-2016, 06:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6119)

3pm
26-01-2016, 06:48 PM
Worth a listen.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Worth a listen.

Changed my thoughts on his short term role at Hibs, really wants to play

Winston Ingram
26-01-2016, 06:55 PM
Has he been tae Stokesy & Leigh's barber? :hmmm:

Liam89
26-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Is the interviewer new? He seems pretty nervous! a lot of eh's. Good interview, KT does seem sincere and obviously has a lot of respect for the club. Glad to have him back.

scooby
26-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Is the interviewer new? He seems pretty nervous! a lot of eh's. Good interview, KT does seem sincere and obviously has a lot of respect for the club. Glad to have him back.

I really struggle to listen to the interviewer, I hate knocking people, but i'm not sure he's cut out for that role.
I've lost interest before the end of the last few interviews I've watched.

.Sean.
26-01-2016, 07:42 PM
He spoke very well in hospitality after Saturday's match too. You'd not have found anyone with less time for him than myself after the way he left first time round but as I've got older and realised just how much of an erse everyone makes of things in your early 20's, never mind when your every move is scrutinised and twisted by the *******s in the Weejie media, I've learned to cut him plenty slack because there's no doubt he's one of us again :aok:

keep the faith
26-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Great to hear KT wanting to be here and earn a longer stay. I think he is going to be a very good signing good to be around the club.
What's the story with the interviewer though........

Viva_Palmeiras
26-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Plenty of figures in Scottish football for whom the "eh" creeps in. Give the boy a chance. Imagine if you're new to the gig or perhaps a fan who's slightly "star struck"?
It was noticeable but Jim Leishman is a poet and articulate story teller - do you count his "eh's" or David Francies? Cos they've used a few in their time....

Andy74
26-01-2016, 09:14 PM

Fink he is.

jacomo
26-01-2016, 09:25 PM
He spoke very well in hospitality after Saturday's match too. You'd not have found anyone with less time for him than myself after the way he left first time round but as I've got older and realised just how much of an erse everyone makes of things in your early 20's, never mind when your every move is scrutinised and twisted by the *******s in the Weejie media, I've learned to cut him plenty slack because there's no doubt he's one of us again :aok:

:agree:

Well said. A lot of young players who have money and adulation thrown at them just don't know how to handle it. They are easily manipulated by the many sharks in the game who see a chance to make a quick buck.

Infuriating when it's one of your own, all the same, but time is a great healer.

Welcome back Katie, even if you did behave like a spoilt wee brat all those years ago. :stirrer: :wink:

Edson Arantes
26-01-2016, 09:27 PM

Come on man, he's not going to say "I'm disappointed to be back" is he?

He's not the answer or even a short term good signing.

Hair is good though.

Peevemor
26-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Most of these interviews are pretty pointless. The interviewer can't ask the questions he really wants to ask (eg. How much of a c*** was TB/MP) and the interviewee can't give real answers (eg. Yeah - TB/MP were total c****s).

The interviewer sounds like Cliff's Hibs TV sidekick. I like him - he doesn't put on any airs and graces but remains pretty articulate and speaks more sense than our main commentator.

IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Fink he is.

:tee hee:

cmcd
26-01-2016, 10:07 PM
Come on man, he's not going to say "I'm disappointed to be back" is he?

He's not the answer or even a short term good signing.

Hair is good though.

I'm sure AS thinks otherwise

JohnStephens91
26-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Hi everyone,

It's the interviewer, John, here and I just want to thank everyone for their constructive criticism. Coming from a predominantly print and online media background, I accept that I have a few things to work on in terms of broadcast. It may not be perfect now, or indeed ever, but I will also try my best and work hard to improve. The only thing I can't change is the pronunciation of 'th', so I end up saying 'fought' as opposed to 'thought', even years of speech therapy couldn't help that, but it thankfully cured my lisp.

For those of you who want to know my background, I have gained a lot of experience despite being relatively young. I was a volunteer in the Hibs TV/Media team, filling in a number of roles for three years. I also covered the Development Squad for the Evening News and various other tidbits for them and the Scotsman. I have covered a USA game away to Holland, interviewing people like Jürgen Klinsmann, and had experience working at the Guardian just after I graduated. I've done a small amount of work for Forth One too, covering games involving local teams.

Like I said, I'm always looking for feedback and I'm always seeking to improve. I feel I get the content that people need to hear and know, but understand my delivery on camera is not the best. With Thomson I did talk to him about various things, including his last spell.

Whenever you read the programme, watch an interview or read a web article, comment on it. Part of growing as a professional is to learn your faults and work on them.

Thanks for all your support and feedback.

GGTTH

bigwheel
26-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Hi everyone,

It's the interviewer, John, here and I just want to thank everyone for their constructive criticism. Coming from a predominantly print and online media background, I accept that I have a few things to work on in terms of broadcast. It may not be perfect now, or indeed ever, but I will also try my best and work hard to improve. The only thing I can't change is the pronunciation of 'th', so I end up saying 'fought' as opposed to 'thought', even years of speech therapy couldn't help that, but it thankfully cured my lisp.

For those of you who want to know my background, I have gained a lot of experience despite being relatively young. I was a volunteer in the Hibs TV/Media team, filling in a number of roles for three years. I also covered the Development Squad for the Evening News and various other tidbits for them and the Scotsman. I have covered a USA game away to Holland, interviewing people like Jürgen Klinsmann, and had experience working at the Guardian just after I graduated. I've done a small amount of work for Forth One too, covering games involving local teams.

Like I said, I'm always looking for feedback and I'm always seeking to improve. I feel I get the content that people need to hear and know, but understand my delivery on camera is not the best. With Thomson I did talk to him about various things, including his last spell.

Whenever you read the programme, watch an interview or read a web article, comment on it. Part of growing as a professional is to learn your faults and work on them.

GGTTH

Good on you Buddy! Keep up the good work, it's getting better all the time...

Jonnyboy
26-01-2016, 10:28 PM
Hi everyone,

GGTTH

Good stuff, John. Keep at it pal :agree:

keep the faith
26-01-2016, 10:31 PM
Hi everyone,

GGTTH

Thanks for the context you give people like myself who are too quick too criticise without thinking we all learn and develop as we go. Good luck with the role and for your work in promoting our club.

Dunbar Hibee
26-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Fink he is.

Bet you feel like a bit of a dick now.

Liam89
26-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Hi everyone,

GGTTH

:aok: Keep it up mate.

Peevemor
26-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Hi everyone,

You can't say fairer than that then. :greengrin

GGTTH

Good stuff. Keep up the good work - as I posted before, I think you're doing a fine job. :aok:

S4uzee
26-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Hi everyone,

GGTTH
Good on you mate.
You will be learning all the time and will continue to improve. Keep it up 👍🏻

DC_Hibs
26-01-2016, 10:48 PM
Hi everyone,

It's the interviewer, John, here..........

I'm sure with that attitude and willingness to learn you will do more than alright for yourself.
All the best!

Leithenhibby
26-01-2016, 10:51 PM
Hi everyone,

GGTTH

Good on you John :wink:

Everyday is a school day!........... and it's only for the rest of your life :greengrin

J-C
26-01-2016, 10:59 PM
Hi everyone,

GGTTH

Well done bud, I thought you did well enough, so keep up the good work.

I do internet radio djing and my first few shows were a right mess, hesitation, forgetting what I was going to say but after 3 years at it now, I feel as if I do it fairly professionally to a certain extent, well the 2-3 hundred listeners I get seem to be happy enough with it. :aok:

InterviewLoI
26-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Hi everyone,

GGTTH

For what it's worth, I think you're doing a sick job man! Keep it up. Its good to see Hibs media team doing well and engaging with the fans!

iwasthere1972
26-01-2016, 11:48 PM
For what it's worth, I think you're doing a sick job man! Keep it up. Its good to see Hibs media team doing well and engaging with the fans!

A sick job. That's a compliment nowadays. :greengrin

Wicked.

InterviewLoI
26-01-2016, 11:55 PM
A sick job. That's a compliment nowadays. :greengrin

Wicked.

I wouldn't say its wicked now, he's not quite there yet. Tom Zanelli was radical

Beefster
27-01-2016, 05:47 AM
Hi everyone,

GGTTH

Good for you on coming on here and responding. I think you could probably have a decent career in diplomacy, if you wanted it. Your restraint is amazing!

patlowe
27-01-2016, 07:26 AM
Interviewer did a great job IMO - got an insight into why KT left Dundee, his intentions to play and his plans for the future.

As for KT, both himself and Stokes have been accused of destabilising squads in the past but I'm confident that Stubbs has the personality to bring the best out of their characters. There's no doubt, if fit, Thomson can make a significant contribution at some stage. Sounds like he was desperate to come back as well so I doubt he's making much of a dent on the wage bill.

ekhibee
27-01-2016, 09:33 AM
In terms of playing ability, Thomson, in his first stint at the club, looked like being one of the best players ever to play for Hibs. He got an injury, in which he missed a good half season, and he was never as good a player after that. If you include all the different injuries he's had throughout his playing career, it is in some ways quite remarkable that he can still play at the highest level, and it's a credit to him that he still can. Nevertheless, it's as a coach that he can really help Hibs, and I hope he ends up focussing on that as opposed to playing. Best of luck to him.

Big_Franck
27-01-2016, 10:39 AM
Hi everyone,

GGTTH

Thanks for posting this. It's great to see you have taken the constructive criticism in the manner I'm sure it was meant. Thanks also for the 3 years volunteer service you gave Hibs TV previously as i'm sure the service couldn't work as it does without the volunteers. As a regular viewer I look forward to seeing the service go from strength to strength. GGTTH

Peevemor
27-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Good piece in the EEN today too.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kevin-thomson-still-dreaming-of-winning-cup-with-hibs-1-4012412

He speaks very highly of Alan Stubbs

“The manager is brilliant. He is in there in the morning playing darts with the players – I think he’s spent a lot of time in the boozer by the look of things. When I came in to do the media he was beating the young boys at table-tennis.

“He’s in the gym with Danny Handling every day. I think he’s doing that because he knows how hard it is to be injured at a young age. He helps him along and I think that’s absolutely terrific.

“I wish I’d had that throughout my career. I think he has created an environment that people love coming into.”

Vault Boy
27-01-2016, 11:09 AM
Good piece in the EEN today too.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kevin-thomson-still-dreaming-of-winning-cup-with-hibs-1-4012412

He speaks very highly of Alan Stubbs

Those parts put a smile on my face when I read them. It's so refreshing to hear such positivity surrounding the man management skills of our staff, rather than the polar opposite. Incidentally I hope Danny is getting along well with his recovery.

Bad Martini
27-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone,

GGTTH

Great post mate and you have shown more restraint than most of us would have shown. Two things I'd say:

1) GIRFUY to all who criticised the poster above for his dialect/language/anything else without knowing one iota about his background :agree:
2) Good luck to the above poster as he develops in the role. :aok:

...maybe some folk should focus on the matter in question which was in fact, what Thomson had to say...not how the interviewer asking the questions spoke, particularly when the guy is a fellow Hibby. :agree:

heretoday
27-01-2016, 11:25 AM
Get out there and do it on the pitch Thommo and we'll be happy.

There's too much flipping talk.:blah:

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2016, 11:49 AM

Why? It is irritating – there’s nothing he can do about it but it’s still irritating. Like the guy that’s on Sportsound every now and again is.

Anyway well done to the boy for posting on here. I’m sure you’ll get some criticism, some of it may even be constructive!

TAHibby
27-01-2016, 11:50 AM
Hi everyone,

GGTTH

Think I might have filled out a uni survey of yours once a couple of years ago though I can't quite remember, glad it's worked out for you with what I'm sure must be a dream job! :thumbsup:

Phil MaGlass
27-01-2016, 02:06 PM

Just burst out laughing at this comment, well done John on coming on and giving us a wee bit

happiehibbie
27-01-2016, 02:17 PM
Well done bud, I thought you did well enough, so keep up the good work.

I do internet radio djing and my first few shows were a right mess, hesitation, forgetting what I was going to say but after 3 years at it now, I feel as if I do it fairly professionally to a certain extent, well the 2-3 hundred listeners I get seem to be happy enough with it. :aok:

EH, lol:)

J-C
27-01-2016, 03:25 PM
EH, lol:)

S, you know exactly what I mean, what were you like when you did your 1st gig, all about being confident and knowing what you're going to say, the more you do it the better you get...well hopefully. :greengrin