PDA

View Full Version : Sauzee video

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-01-2016, 02:46 PM
http://youtu.be/vXhJr7ZytUw

Love this.

matty_f
26-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Saw #francksauzeeday was trending earlier on twitter and facebook, folk posting photos of the great man.

Would be good to see more!

Onion
26-01-2016, 03:21 PM

Love this.

Never seen that before. Brilliant !

Dan Sarf
26-01-2016, 03:51 PM

Love this.

Wonderful. Sitting here grinning at my screen. :flag:

Hibi
26-01-2016, 06:15 PM
Wonderful. Sitting here grinning at my screen. :flag:

Yep, same here but with a tear in my eye. Absolute legend, for me the best we've had but I'm 35 so missed out on some earlier players. But just the way he carried himself, the presence and influence he had on others in the team added to an outstanding ability makes him the best. Oh and he was never beaten off that mob.

Craig_HFC
26-01-2016, 07:56 PM
He wasn't bad, was he?

bingo70
26-01-2016, 08:02 PM
Saw #francksauzeeday was trending earlier on twitter and facebook, folk posting photos of the great man.

Would be good to see more!

I feel like I should really know this and I'm sure I'll be a disgrace to the .net family but I don't get it, why is today sauzee day? Guessing this is an anniversary of a big game?!

Apologies in advance

gillythehibby
26-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Seen this a few times. Effin briliant :-)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Great player!!

I'm_cabbaged
26-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Great player!!

Beyond a great player!!! Sadly I don't think we'll ever see a player of that caliber in the famous green and white again in my lifetime 😞

Scooter
26-01-2016, 08:59 PM
I would love to see if Leanne can reach out to him. I know he hates Rod but would love to see him back. You would sell out easter road if you had him on the pitch at HT

matty_f
26-01-2016, 09:06 PM
I feel like I should really know this and I'm sure I'll be a disgrace to the .net family but I don't get it, why is today sauzee day? Guessing this is an anniversary of a big game?!

Apologies in advance

Think it was just a random thing started by some gadgie on facebook. (not me, by the way - I can't take the credit) :greengrin

HoboHarry
26-01-2016, 09:09 PM
Yep, same here but with a tear in my eye. Absolute legend, for me the best we've had but I'm 35 so missed out on some earlier players. But just the way he carried himself, the presence and influence he had on others in the team added to an outstanding ability makes him the best. Oh and he was never beaten off that mob.

He's the best ever for me too and I'm old enough to remember Sloop, Brownlie et al......

mca
26-01-2016, 10:46 PM
I would love to see if Leanne can reach out to him. I know he hates Rod but would love to see him back. You would sell out easter road if you had him on the pitch at HT

Yep. I Would want Tickets for that... :agree:

hibee1875
26-01-2016, 10:59 PM
If/when we win the league an excuse to get members of the last first division team out on the last day of the season?

Hibbyradge
26-01-2016, 11:21 PM
He's up there with the best in my lifetime.

I loved him.

California-Hibs
27-01-2016, 04:29 AM
It's such a bizarre situation that we haven't ever seen him back even once since he was sacked as manager. You'd have to think theres some seriously bad blood between him and Petrie. I'd have hoped his obvious love for the club would of seen past this. I think we can most definitely count on not seeing him anytime soon regardless of a league or cup win, while Petrie remains. If in fact, that is the reason he has always been distant.

An absolute legend and would be worshiped on a return! Hopefully one day.

HoboHarry
27-01-2016, 05:06 AM
I'm not clear on this either. Wasn't it Malcolm McPherson (name might be wrong) that sacked him? Can anyone explain (with facts and not made up stuff) why he would dislike RP?

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2016, 06:14 AM
I spoke with Scott Lindsay about communication and the benefits of myth-busting things like the player revolt but for whatever reason it fell on deaf ears. We need to move of and leeann has bigger fish to fry in getting things in place for promotion but I'd like to think in this Hibee glasnost that if an incident like the revolt came up there would be better communication from the club rather than the communication void that prevailed so much prior to her arrival.

Edit as I recall it was Malcolm Macpherson that had to do the deed.

BSEJVT
27-01-2016, 08:01 AM
There's only one Sauzee

Great great player, even at the age we got him he had everything.

Hibrandenburg
27-01-2016, 08:14 AM
It's such a bizarre situation that we haven't ever seen him back even once since he was sacked as manager. You'd have to think theres some seriously bad blood between him and Petrie. I'd have hoped his obvious love for the club would of seen past this. I think we can most definitely count on not seeing him anytime soon regardless of a league or cup win, while Petrie remains. If in fact, that is the reason he has always been distant.

An absolute legend and would be worshiped on a return! Hopefully one day.

Think the bad blood goes deeper than Petrie, he was treated like a God during his time as a player and obviously had a true affinity towards the club, the fans and even the city only to have his bubble burst when they turned on him when things went wrong as a manager.

Excellent video, thanks for sharing.

Purple Bukta
27-01-2016, 08:32 AM
Superb, brings back some great memories.
:hibees:hibees

zlatan
27-01-2016, 01:16 PM
That pass back to the keeper at Rugby Park :not worth

Is there any footage of him taking out both Livi strikers with one flick of the boot in the semi at Hampden?