PDA

View Full Version : Pat Nevin vs Paul Hartley

Treadstone
26-01-2016, 12:52 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3417006/Paul-Hartley-rages-pundit-Pat-Nevin-crticism-Dundee-defending-speaking-absolute-nonsense.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Kind of agree with Hartley but to go along the lines of "you've never managed" is a bit crass.

GreenArmyyy!
26-01-2016, 12:53 PM
Hartley is a balloon and Nevin is a very articulate pundit, not even going to read the article. No offence to you mate! Hartley just riles me up.

Humo
26-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Sportscene is crap inspite of Pat Nevin not because of. I've got a lot of time for Pat Nevin I think he's one of the better pundits out there.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

aljo7-0
26-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Hartley should stick to making jam

dangermouse
26-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Hartley should stick to making jam

Or fly fishing

Edson Arantes
26-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Or fly fishing

Just got that!

Franck Stanton
26-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Hartley is an obnoxious little ****-bag who wears his wives silk thongs. Really have no time for him, he thinks he is a superstar when , in reality, he is nothing more than the crap I would scrape off my shoe whenever I have the misfortune to step in dogs pooh . My daughter used to cut his hair years ago and was fed up with him "goming on" to her even though he was married. Told her to let her scissors slip and cut the wee scroats throat.

Edson Arantes
26-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Hartley is an obnoxious little ****-bag who wears his wives silk thongs. Really have no time for him, he thinks he is a superstar when , in reality, he is nothing more than the crap I would scrape off my shoe whenever I have the misfortune to step in dogs pooh . My daughter used to cut his hair years ago and was fed up with him "goming on" to her even though he was married. Told her to let her scissors slip and cut the wee scroats throat.

Ye dinny like him then? :wink:

Franck Stanton
26-01-2016, 02:13 PM

Ach, I like the hertz mair than I like him. [& ah f'n HATE the yams].

Hiber-nation
26-01-2016, 02:54 PM
I used to like Nevin but he's terrible on Sportscene, doesn't even know half the players' names and rambles a load of nonsense. Hartley was right.

Deansy
26-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Never liked Hartley - especially when he was with us, playing the role of a 'Timorous wee beastie' - then grows a beard and fake plums and comes back with the 'Charity Thieves' as some kind of 'Macho Man' !!

A coward, nothing more, nothing less.

GreenArmy1875
26-01-2016, 03:05 PM
I agree with Hartley. Sport scene is shocking

26-01-2016, 03:15 PM
I quite like Pat Nevin but have to agree that sportscene is *****. If you compare sportscene pundits to the pundits on MoTD and such like, its embarrassing.

Paul Hartleys still a hearts **** though :greengrin

Del Boy
26-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Hate Hartley but agree with everything he says on this!

green.and.white
26-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Pat Nevin is a very poor pundit, his analysis of Dundee's defending at Aberdeen's goal was totally off the mark imo.

He is a Hibby, and that's great, but I don't like him at all as a pundit.

ekhibee
26-01-2016, 04:00 PM
I used to like Nevin but he's terrible on Sportscene, doesn't even know half the players' names and rambles a load of nonsense. Hartley was right.
Yep, that about sums it up for me too. Nevin's an intelligent guy and a generally likeable bloke, but the other reason he pisses me off is that he likes The Fall cos their lead singer is, without doubt, a complete tosser.

lord bunberry
26-01-2016, 04:26 PM
I quite like Pat Nevin but have to agree that sportscene is *****. If you compare sportscene pundits to the pundits on MoTD and such like, its embarrassing.

Paul Hartleys still a hearts **** though :greengrin
When you consider the amount of money that MOTD pundits are on its no surprise. I'm sure GL gets paid more than the BBC spends on Scottish football in total.

.Sean.
26-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Nevin is a decent Hibs man whilst Paul Hartley is a greasy Hearts **** and that's all that should said on the matter :aok:

pacorosssco
26-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Go go go wash yersell paul fartley

26-01-2016, 05:02 PM
When you consider the amount of money that MOTD pundits are on its no surprise. I'm sure GL gets paid more than the BBC spends on Scottish football in total.

I totally agree theres far more money involved etc. But the guys on MoTD give a far better analysis of the game and far more insightful opinions.

ancient hibee
26-01-2016, 05:39 PM
When they step up to the new screen they're on pins in case it doesn't work.The whole show is very amateurish and the idea of having someone on who is involved in the Scottish game is ludicrous as they are not going to say anything controversial.Hartley was quite right to have a pop.

Purple & Green
26-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Hartley has a bash at a celebrity Hibby, the same week he loses Kevin Thomson to Hibs.

I think the two things might be related....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overdrive
26-01-2016, 06:02 PM

Someone cuts Hartley's hair?

heretoday
26-01-2016, 06:41 PM
To hell with all pundits, including ones who have adopted us as their fave club. Pat's ok but I get tired of his voice and need a holiday from him.

Hartley's a bit of a type but fair play to him for having a go at the media instead of mouthing the usual platitudes that make us all look stupid.

bingo70
26-01-2016, 07:57 PM
I totally agree theres far more money involved etc. But the guys on MoTD give a far better analysis of the game and far more insightful opinions.

It needs to be moved back to a Saturday night for a start.

I'm amazed anyone watches it on a Sunday night when the goals have been available online before that.

I'm not sure what needs done to improve the show, I don't think it's just money but I used to love sport scene on a Saturday night and I doubt the product was much better then.

.Sean.
26-01-2016, 08:00 PM
It needs to be moved back to a Saturday night for a start.

I'm amazed anyone watches it on a Sunday night when the goals have been available online before that.

I'm not sure what needs done to improve the show, I don't think it's just money but I used to love sport scene on a Saturday night and I doubt the product was much better then.the only reason it's on on a Sunday is because the Old Firm often play away games on a Sunday and you'll need to appease their Neanderthal support who'll think they have a god-given right to be on Sportscene every weekend.

Ozyhibby
26-01-2016, 08:06 PM
Michael Stewart looked like he might make a decent job of it until he got distracted by his political ambitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halifaxhibby
26-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Someone cuts Hartley's hair?

Aye, the council. They'll be back on friday to finish it!!!

bingo70
26-01-2016, 08:25 PM
the only reason it's on on a Sunday is because the Old Firm often play away games on a Sunday and you'll need to appease their Neanderthal support who'll think they have a god-given right to be on Sportscene every weekend.

Ah makes sense, hadn't thought of that.

They could do a sportscene on a Saturday night with the goals but also then attempt to promote the sunday games with exclusive interviews and general pre match hype.......

Or they could put it on a Sunday night when nobody (or very few folk) are interested.

Zazu62
26-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Why isn't sportscene on the tele on a Saturday night it's just stupid having it on a Sunday night no one cares by then

mjhibby
26-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Sport scene is crap because the presenters ask terrible questions and constant references to the bigot brothers. Let the guests analyse and discuss the games. The likes of Stewart,nevin etc are well capable of giving good insight if they are allowed to and have the time.

jon paul jones
26-01-2016, 11:56 PM
My best Saturdays when HFC were at home and I had no-one to answer to was

Alarm at 11:00
Pub 12:30
14:45 ER
17:00 Pub
21:30 Chippy and Bus/Taxi
22:30 Sportscene

Throw in a post game 17:15 cup draw straight after a home win with 200 folk crowded into the Albion and a good day all round

Ah the 90s

Wheat Hound
27-01-2016, 08:39 AM

Throw in a post game 17:15 cup draw straight after a home win with 200 folk crowded into the Albion and a good day all round

Ah the 90s

The perfect day

hibsmad
27-01-2016, 10:54 AM

Ah the 90s

I remember those days well. Now, thanks to having a wife, two kids under 6 and a job, my day tends to go ...

07:00 Alarm (Our youngest telling me she's hungry and would like some breakfast)
09:00 Go to work
14:00 Start checking .Net for team news
15:00 Can't get to ER as still working so my Dad uses my ST
15:01-16:50 Check .Net and LiveScore app constantly for match updates
18:00 Get home and go through pre night time routine with kids
20:00 Eat something not as good as a chippy or kebab for dinner
22:30 Go to bed without seeing any football as too knackered to stay up and watch Match of the Day

:boo hoo:

ancient hibee
27-01-2016, 11:04 AM

Ah the 90s

Wimp.When I was your age I was just getting in from the Friday night at 11.00 on the Saturday.

JimBHibees
27-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Sport scene is crap because the presenters ask terrible questions and constant references to the bigot brothers. Let the guests analyse and discuss the games. The likes of Stewart,nevin etc are well capable of giving good insight if they are allowed to and have the time.

Just watched the programme back and cant really see the issue that Hartley had with Nevin, he maybe went on a bit too much about it however the positioning of the back 4 at times was very poor as was the right back for the only goal of the game. Ironic that Hartley only mentioned Nevin as Stephen Thomson was pretty much agreeing with every thing Pat said and doesnt appear to have been slated in the same way. Strange one.

Kato
27-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Strange one.

He certainly is.

Sammy7nil
27-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Biscuits on radio slagging off Pat Nevin.
I think that wee jambo fud has forgotten it is Pats job to have an opinion. Preston never says a a critical word about any of his buddies.

Roxyhibee
27-01-2016, 08:47 PM
I think that wee jambo fud has forgotten it is Pats job to have an opinion. Preston never says a a critical word about any of his buddies.

Heard some it.

Preston, as expected, diplaying full on, irritating, squeaky voiced, attention seeking little tw&t form - protecting where his loyalties lie at all costs. Consistently transparent and vacuous, as always.

Welt.

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Heard some it.

Preston, as expected, diplaying full on, irritating, squeaky voiced, attention seeking little tw&t form - protecting where his loyalties lie at all costs. Consistently transparent and vacuous, as always.

Welt.

I've not listened yet - was Preston saying Hartley is right?

Is he trying to talk himself out of a job?!

JimBHibees
27-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Heard some it.

Welt.

Why is Steven Thompson not getting slated by Hartley as he agreed with everything Pat said?

ekhibee
27-01-2016, 09:28 PM
To be fair to Preston he did say it's all about opinions, and I agree with that. To me Nevin's been hit by a storm he certainly wasn't expecting and Hartley's making more out of it than needs be, but even though Nevin's a nice enough bloke, he never seems to say a sentence when a whole paragraph will do. He does over-emphasize points sometimes, not to be biassed or vindictive, but almost like a wee boy trying to impress his elders with the use of big words. One of the other members of the panel (Steven somebody,a journalist) on Sportsound tonight made a fair point: it's one thing having a go at the media regarding their criticism of a football match, they're used to it and it goes with the territory, but Nevin was a professional footballer with vast experience both at club and international level. He's perfectly entitled to have an opinion about a certain game.

JimBHibees
27-01-2016, 09:29 PM
To be fair to Preston he did say it's all about opinions, and I agree with that. To me Nevin's been hit by a storm he certainly wasn't expecting and Hartley's making more out of it than needs be, but even though Nevin's a nice enough bloke, he never seems to say a sentence when a whole paragraph will do. He does over-emphasize points sometimes, not to be biassed or vindictive, but almost like a wee boy trying to impress his elders with the use of big words. One of the other members of the panel (Steven somebody,a journalist) on Sportsound tonight made a fair point: it's one thing having a go at the media regarding their criticism of a football match, they're used to it and it goes with the territory, but Nevin was a professional footballer with vast experience both at club and international level. He's perfectly entitled to have an opinion about a certain game.

Yep and certainly was a far better player than both Hartley and Preston.

Halifaxhibby
28-01-2016, 12:19 AM
Slow week for the press. Nothin really happenin. Deflect the point sevco cant afford to pay saints more than 200k for a winger that has scored 4/5 goals this season.(how very dare they!!!!), more focus on KT the m8 glasswalker and hibs' 100,000 fans, witherspoons comments about us winning the treble.
Decent journalism?, wrong country!.

greenlex
28-01-2016, 02:38 AM
Nobody's really taking about Dundees performance as such other than the bust up. Job done. Well played Hartley.

bandylegs_jLeighton
28-01-2016, 05:54 AM
Vladimir Romanov...

Frazerbob
28-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Michael Stewart looked like he might make a decent job of it until he got distracted by his political ambitions.

Haha that's the best "SNP bad" shout yet!

Joe6-2
28-01-2016, 03:44 PM

Who does?

mjhibby
28-01-2016, 04:18 PM

Only Michael Stewart and pat say it as they see it. The rest are total sycophants who spout the usual bland nonsense that won't offend theirs pals in the game. Hartley is right on one thing. Sportscene is mince.

Carheenlea
30-01-2016, 09:16 AM
Yep, that about sums it up for me too. Nevin's an intelligent guy and a generally likeable bloke, but the other reason he pisses me off is that he likes The Fall cos their lead singer is, without doubt, a complete tosser.

Right you, let's sort this out outside :take that

ekhibee
30-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Right you, let's sort this out outside :take that
:lips seal