PDA

View Full Version : Lets give Malongas song a final airing at the weekend

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-01-2016, 11:27 AM
I feel this is only right as we were never given the chance ti say goodbye to Dom. He was/is a well liked player and showing some appreciation when we didn't get a chance to say farewell says nothing about the management team before anyone starts that malarky.

Lets do it!!

truehibernian
26-01-2016, 11:30 AM
Appreciate the sentiment but I'm getting behind Jason and Stokesy and the lads still here - wish him well on his Twitter or the club page but I'd rather sing about Hibs and our front line playing on Saturday BMD.

Alfred E Newman
26-01-2016, 11:32 AM
I feel this is only right as we were never given the chance ti say goodbye to Dom. He was/is a well liked player and showing some appreciation when we didn't get a chance to say farewell says nothing about the management team before anyone starts that malarky.

Lets do it!!

Really? It's surely no time for sentiment, I want the best 11 players on the park on Saturday all bursting their gut trying to get us into the final .

Waxy
26-01-2016, 11:37 AM
For a minute. The minute of his number.

Bad Martini
26-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Not for me either. He was a decent player for Hibs a lot of the time. I'd prefer to save the unwavering dedication to ex-players for legends who were outstanding players all the time. There are a few. You could count them on your fingers and toes and have change.

Just my opinion mind.

Wish him well but thats it.:aok:

Andy74
26-01-2016, 11:40 AM
Appreciate the sentiment but I'm getting behind Jason and Stokesy and the lads still here - wish him well on his Twitter or the club page but I'd rather sing about Hibs and our front line playing on Saturday BMD.

Yeah because they will get upset about a bit of recognition being given to one of their mates that we didn't get the chance to give a wee send off to.

Sudds_1
26-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Yeah because they will get upset about a bit of recognition being given to one of their mates that we didn't get the chance to give a wee send off to.

....source? :-)

stoneyburn hibs
26-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Sad that he is gone but it's a no from me.

lucky
26-01-2016, 11:45 AM
No from me. Let cheer our players not ex players. It's not as if he's a Hibs legend. Don't forget he's got a pay off to leave Hibs early and is going to move to another club.

My_Wife_Camille
26-01-2016, 11:45 AM
Sing the Malonga song for the 7th minute and Boo Liam Craig for the 10th minute. Sounds good:thumbsup:

Teo10
26-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Sing the Malonga song for the 7th minute and Boo Liam Craig for the 10th minute. Sounds good:thumbsup:

:agree:

This ^

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-01-2016, 11:54 AM

Haha yes!

hibbysam
26-01-2016, 12:26 PM
No from me. Let cheer our players not ex players. It's not as if he's a Hibs legend. Don't forget he's got a pay off to leave Hibs early and is going to move to another club.

That is just made up nonsense, nowhere does it say that Dom has received any pay off, he was the one looking for an early termination which Hibs have agreed to, at no point will the boy get "paid off".

My_Wife_Camille
26-01-2016, 12:30 PM
That is just made up nonsense, nowhere does it say that Dom has received any pay off, he was the one looking for an early termination which Hibs have agreed to, at no point will the boy get "paid off".
Who cares if he got a pay off or not? It's not like singing his song for 30 seconds is going to take any money from the budget.

lucky
26-01-2016, 12:34 PM

That was what Kenny Miller reported yesterday so your the one talking nonsense

KeithTheHibby
26-01-2016, 12:50 PM

And of course a Sun journo is to be believed right enough. FWIW I would be very surprised if information like this was ever leaked from the club so we will probably never know.

CapitalGreen
26-01-2016, 12:54 PM

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/6886014/Dominique-Malonga-agrees-deal-to-leave-Hibs.html

Where in this article does it say he was paid off?

lyonhibs
26-01-2016, 12:55 PM
That was what Kenny Miller* reported yesterday so your the one talking nonsense

*Millar :greengrin

Centre Hawf
26-01-2016, 12:59 PM
I'd quite happily sing Dom's song. He was a personal favourite off mine and I think it would be a nice gesture, once it's done it's done and we all move on however. He was a cracking player who scored some important goals including an absolute stunner to put to bed the most difficult tie of our run so far (St J's won't be easy before anyone thinks i'm suggesting an automatic win) so lets thank him for getting us to the Semi Final on Saturday. I doubt us singing it for 20/30 seconds will get Jason and Stokesy in such a strop they'll underperform or go on strike.

Do do do...

Andy74
26-01-2016, 01:05 PM

He didn't report that he received any sort of pay off. Far more likely we have just let him go if he wanted to go to another club this window.

lord bunberry
26-01-2016, 01:58 PM
I'm up for singing it.

Loopz
26-01-2016, 02:26 PM
A song for the 7th minute at Tynecastle :cb

Doo doo doo Dominique Malonga
Doo doo doo, big Dom has left our shores
Doo doo doo Dominique Malonga
Doo doo doo, we'll no longer see him score

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-01-2016, 02:41 PM
I blame The X Factor for all these songs appearing on .net! ;-)

adhibs
26-01-2016, 02:43 PM
As long as the circumstances are right, would be a fitting goodbye and thanks.

bod
26-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Can we sing about Paul tosh aswell ? we never got the chance to say goodbye to him either

monktonharp
26-01-2016, 02:49 PM
I'm up for singing it.not for me m'lord. ask our potential goal scorers to wear a farewell dom emblazoned t shirt if you want

proud_and_green
26-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Nope not for me.

Sad to see him go, I liked him. But he's gone and we move on and the next thing is St J in the Cup!

hfc rd
26-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Song for the derby at Tynie - "Youse never beat big Dom"

Scouse Hibee
26-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Reserve the song for when he comes back to visit us so he will feel really special, what do we sing when Franck visits? In fact sing what you like, I never listen anyway.

Centre Hawf
26-01-2016, 10:59 PM
Song for the derby at Tynie - "Youse never beat big Dom"

This actually sounds a lot better. It winds up the Yams in the process of singing about Dom.

mca
27-01-2016, 12:16 AM
Much as I Loved the Doo Doo do....

(Some) Ex-Players - Have a Habit of Biting us on the Erchi.. Do They Not... :wink:

Pete
27-01-2016, 06:45 AM

(Some) Ex-Players - Have a Habit of Biting us on the Erchi.. Do They Not... :wink:

Not sure if that will make a difference as he won't be playing against us any time soon.

No doubt Liam Craig will get it tight (uncalled for and undeserved IMO) on Saturday and our "songs" towards him might...what's that expression again?

J-C
27-01-2016, 07:52 AM

Not if the rumours are true and he's of to Italy.