PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Duncan

HibsNZ
26-01-2016, 04:10 AM
First post for a while on here, but I had a friend over here in Auckland (a local football journalist) ask me for some help. Apparently Arthur Duncan moved here a few years ago to be with family and my mate would love to interview him about his time at Hibs and about the derbies he's played in. End of the day if he would prefer his privacy that's fine, but if anybody could help it would be nice to hear from a bit of a Hibs legend in our local press!

ozhibs
26-01-2016, 04:22 AM
Sorry can,t help with contact but it would be great to hear what he has to say.

IanM
26-01-2016, 06:24 AM
http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/player-profiles/item/37-arthur-duncan

That's all I could find but you already knew this !

brog
26-01-2016, 07:49 AM
First post for a while on here, but I had a friend over here in Auckland (a local football journalist) ask me for some help. Apparently Arthur Duncan moved here a few years ago to be with family and my mate would love to interview him about his time at Hibs and about the derbies he's played in. End of the day if he would prefer his privacy that's fine, but if anybody could help it would be nice to hear from a bit of a Hibs legend in our local press!
Arthur would be delighted im sure, he's always very approachable. Try thru ER for ex players association. If problems pm me, good luck!

scm70nyd1973
26-01-2016, 08:33 AM

Kiaora Hibs NZ ! I just moved over here (Mairangi Bay) from Melbourne (come to think of it I will need to change my details !) hopefully for good. I was brought up in Glasgow in the 60s and 70s (not easy when you were a Hibby and a big one at that) but thankfully my old man was a Hibby and he took me to see the TTs for many years until he got bored - I never did and became more than a fanatic. I don't really have any heroes or favourites from the TTs in the early 70s - they were all my heroes and favourites but AD had something in his personality that made you feel as if he was a real decent guy and someone you would like to know (hasten to add I will not be a stalker of his over here !!). If you can trace him and he would be willing to meet up with more than one Hibby - a Weegie at that - then I would be chuffed to bits but more honoured than anything else ! Just knowing that he is in this wonderful country of ours makes me feel good !

ekhibee
26-01-2016, 09:40 AM
This must have been relatively recently, i.e. in the last couple of years. He used to live along from my parents in Breich, West Lothian. He was a chiropodist as well after he left football.

cabbageandribs1875
26-01-2016, 10:13 AM
:singing:Arthur
oh Arthur Duncan
oh Arthur Duncan on the wing

nijinsky, the horse not the ballet dancer

brog
26-01-2016, 10:24 AM
This must have been relatively recently, i.e. in the last couple of years. He used to live along from my parents in Breich, West Lothian. He was a chiropodist as well after he left football.

I think he moved a while ago. I was at the inaugural Hibs Hall of Fame dinner in 2010 IIRC & Arthur couldn't attend as he had already moved away.

DaveF
26-01-2016, 12:39 PM
I think he moved a while ago. I was at the inaugural Hibs Hall of Fame dinner in 2010 IIRC & Arthur couldn't attend as he had already moved away.

Breich or NZ? No wonder left :-)

brog
26-01-2016, 01:00 PM
Breich or NZ? No wonder left :-)

Aye, dreich Breich right enough!

maudette 11
26-01-2016, 06:38 PM
First post for a while on here, but I had a friend over here in Auckland (a local football journalist) ask me for some help. Apparently Arthur Duncan moved here a few years ago to be with family and my mate would love to interview him about his time at Hibs and about the derbies he's played in. End of the day if he would prefer his privacy that's fine, but if anybody could help it would be nice to hear from a bit of a Hibs legend in our local press!Arthur Duncan

Yes Arthur (MY HERO), left in 2009, i remember it well. He left for a better life in NZ, with his wife to be near their son, and at that time 1 grandchild. And they wanted to see him growing up.He still had his private clients when he was with Livingston FC...

Their was a chap at our table at the Hall of Fame Dinner said he had his email address, so i will try and see if my Sister remembers
the guys name.

maudette 11
26-01-2016, 06:40 PM

Arthur Duncan

Yes Arthur (MY HERO), left in 2009, i remember it well. He left for a better life in NZ, with his wife to be near their son, and at that time 1 grandchild. And they wanted to see him growing up.He still had his private clients when he was with Livingston FC...

Their was a chap at our table at the Hall of Fame Dinner said he had his email address, so i will try and see if my Sister remembers
the guys name.

HibsNZ
27-01-2016, 06:28 AM
Kiaora Hibs NZ ! I just moved over here (Mairangi Bay) from Melbourne (come to think of it I will need to change my details !) hopefully for good. I was brought up in Glasgow in the 60s and 70s (not easy when you were a Hibby and a big one at that) but thankfully my old man was a Hibby and he took me to see the TTs for many years until he got bored - I never did and became more than a fanatic. I don't really have any heroes or favourites from the TTs in the early 70s - they were all my heroes and favourites but AD had something in his personality that made you feel as if he was a real decent guy and someone you would like to know (hasten to add I will not be a stalker of his over here !!). If you can trace him and he would be willing to meet up with more than one Hibby - a Weegie at that - then I would be chuffed to bits but more honoured than anything else ! Just knowing that he is in this wonderful country of ours makes me feel good !

If I can make contact and Arthur was ok with it I'd defo try
and get some sort of Hibs get together. I'll keep you posted.

HibsNZ
27-01-2016, 06:30 AM
Arthur Duncan

the guys name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers maudette!

HibsNZ
27-01-2016, 06:32 AM
Arthur would be delighted im sure, he's always very approachable. Try thru ER for ex players association. If problems pm me, good luck!

Cheers Brog I've been told Paul Kane runs it so gonna try and make contact through club.

brog
27-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Cheers Brog I've been told Paul Kane runs it so gonna try and make contact through club.

OK, any probs let me know.

scm70nyd1973
27-01-2016, 06:16 PM

That would be braw or as the Weegies say "pure dead brilliant by the way" !

big-mo
27-01-2016, 07:02 PM
I am secretary of the HFPA ( Hibernian Former Players Association) and we lost contact with Flyer after his move to NZ. We still have his Hall of Fame trophy and would love to get it to him. If anyone can find his details please let me know. Not sure if he is still working as a chiropodist.

WellingtonHibby
27-01-2016, 09:00 PM

Plenty of us down in Wellington, at least six!
We'd all be keen!

heretoday
28-01-2016, 08:37 AM
I am secretary of the HFPA ( Hibernian Former Players Association) and we lost contact with Flyer after his move to NZ. We still have his Hall of Fame trophy and would love to get it to him. If anyone can find his details please let me know. Not sure if he is still working as a chiropodist.

He is surely retired?