PDA

View Full Version : NHC The Secret Footballer

Winston Ingram
25-01-2016, 10:46 PM
http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/29898/strange-case-of-star-player-caught-in-middle-of-chairman-manager-transfer-standoff/

Could he be anymore blatant about who he's talking about? Some serious allegations there.

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2016, 10:51 PM
http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/29898/strange-case-of-star-player-caught-in-middle-of-chairman-manager-transfer-standoff/

Could he be anymore blatant about who he's talking about? Some serious allegations there.

Fairly clear! Dave Kitson and Tony Pulis don't like each other though. He's definitely not missed him in that column.

lucky
25-01-2016, 10:52 PM
I've not got a clue who the £30m player is and who he's not getting a game for.

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2016, 10:54 PM

It's got to be Berahino.

Kitson's TSF and he can't stand Pulis.

Winston Ingram

Berahino.

Bronson
Got to be Eden Hazard

HappyHanlon
Beraino at West Brom

Winston Ingram
25-01-2016, 10:55 PM
Tbf, Pulis has got previous from profiting from player sales.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/apr/27/newsstory.sport1

lucky
25-01-2016, 10:55 PM
Berahino is never worth £30m.

MWHIBBIES
25-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Got to be Eden HazardFor 30 million? No.

It is Berahino for sure.

easty
25-01-2016, 11:13 PM
£30m? Berahino is worth half that.

Anyway, it was Berahino who came out and said he wouldnt play for WBA again, when they didnt let him go in the summer. If Pulis doesn't want to pick him cos of his attitude, then I'd be inclined to believe him

Bronson
25-01-2016, 11:14 PM
For 30 million? No.

It is Berahino for sure.

You're probably right actually, although neither is anywhere near a £30m player, despite being at different ends of the spectrum.

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2016, 11:22 PM
He's worth what someone's willing to pay for him.

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2016, 11:23 PM

Anyway, it was Berahino who came out and said he wouldnt play for WBA again, when they didnt let him go in the summer. If Pulis doesn't want to pick him cos of his attitude, then I'd be inclined to believe him

He's played since he had that tantrum. He's back out of the team for some other reason now.

Winston Ingram
26-01-2016, 06:42 AM

Not disputing any of that. My point was these are pretty blatant & serious allegations

Thecat23
26-01-2016, 07:37 AM

Exactly.

Thecat23
26-01-2016, 07:39 AM
There is still far to many managers in the game that profit big when players are sold. They would rather personal gain than put the club first!

Everyone knows Harry Redknapp was one of the worst for it. Big Sam apparently another.

Pete
26-01-2016, 07:40 AM
It's Scott Allan. We're well shot of him. :agree:

superfurryhibby
26-01-2016, 08:03 AM
Not disputing any of that. My point was these are pretty blatant & serious allegations

It's not really an allegation when it done with the full knowledge of the board? Okay, it's a blight on the game, links between managers and agents. However, the article states that this is all part of the footballing economics and that boards appoint guys like those with links to agents in the full knowledge that transfers will be influenced by the aforementioned ties. If this was done subversively, then it would perhaps be illegal. Money laundering in this age is no longer a case of brown bags full of cash, the seedy underbelly of the game implicates almost everyone, directly or indirectly and that includes boardrooms who sanction these deals.

DH1875
26-01-2016, 08:08 AM
There is still far to many managers in the game that profit big when players are sold. They would rather personal gain than put the club first!

Everyone knows Harry Redknapp was one of the worst for it. Big Sam apparently another.

Happens in Scotland. Sure the last Dundee Utd got a cut of the money.

Thecat23
26-01-2016, 08:12 AM

Happens everywhere. Managers shouldn't be getting a cut from any sale imo as its a conflict of interest.

Some managers will tell agents to go out there way to move players on just for this reason, can't see it stopping anytime soon though.

Winston Ingram
26-01-2016, 08:13 AM

Exactly. It's going to get significantly worse when the EPL's new TV deal comes in.

Treadstone
26-01-2016, 09:10 AM
The Secret Footballer is a busted flush. Originally it was an insightful column with nuggets of real inside information. Now Kitson is on the outside looking in and the stories look as though they are just taken from social media and gossip and rehashed for the broadsheets. Reads like a cross between guesswork and an opinion piece.

J-C
26-01-2016, 09:13 AM

Yep Jackie Mc did indeed get a cut of any transfers, hence the uproar there when the two lads were sold to Celtic.

Winston Ingram
26-01-2016, 09:39 AM
The Secret Footballer is a busted flush. Originally it was an insightful column with nuggets of real inside information. Now Kitson is on the outside looking in and the stories look as though they are just taken from social media and gossip and rehashed for the broadsheets. Reads like a cross between guesswork and an opinion piece.

He used to plauy for Pulis at Stoke and didn't get on.

I'd imagine it is well informed opinion as he's been involved in a transfer with him. Pulis also has well publicised previous when profiting from Transfers

Treadstone
26-01-2016, 10:06 AM
He used to plauy for Pulis at Stoke and didn't get on.

I'd imagine it is well informed opinion as he's been involved in a transfer with him. Pulis also has well publicised previous when profiting from Transfers

Nothing there suggests he is privy to any information coming from any of the parties involved. i bought the original book and you could tell by the latter stages of it he was struggling to fill it. Be hard for a colourful character in football to keep it going never mind an ex-player looking in.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind the spin offs The Secret Wag, The Secret Agent etc

Winston Ingram
26-01-2016, 10:23 AM
Nothing there suggests he is privy to any information coming from any of the parties involved. i bought the original book and you could tell by the latter stages of it he was struggling to fill it. Be hard for a colourful character in football to keep it going never mind an ex-player looking in.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind the spin offs The Secret Wag, The Secret Agent etc

In the article he talks about how he usually uses the same agent to recruit his players. He was recruited by Pulis meaning he's likely to have a better idea than most. On top of that he was also involved in 2 loan moves and a permanent transfer away from Stoke as well as being at Stoke for 2 years where numerous players came in and out.

jacomo
26-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Tbf, Pulis has got previous from profiting from player sales.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/apr/27/newsstory.sport1

Good find. What a charmer.

Just reinforces the view that a large number of people in football are in it to get as much for themselves as possible.

When a club employs a manager - especially on a huge multi-million contract - you would have thought that the very least they could expect is that the manager acts with the best interests of the club at heart.

But I suppose many chairmen are at it too.

JimBHibees
26-01-2016, 10:56 AM
Got to be said alot of supposition in that IMO, dont really think the Baggies are in huge relegation trouble especially not with Pulis in charge as he will keep them up. For a club that supposedly doesnt trust the manager he has been given a significant amount of money to spend recently IMO.

Treadstone
26-01-2016, 11:02 AM
In the article he talks about how he usually uses the same agent to recruit his players. He was recruited by Pulis meaning he's likely to have a better idea than most. On top of that he was also involved in 2 loan moves and a permanent transfer away from Stoke as well as being at Stoke for 2 years where numerous players came in and out.

Left Stoke over five years ago. I doubt WBA, Pulis and Berahino are keeping him in the loop. I don't doubt he knows the machinations of transfer scenarios and applies them for columns when of special interest. ie near the end of the transfer window with the potential biggest signing.

brog
26-01-2016, 11:03 AM
Some of the stories I heard about TP when he was at Palace were shocking & they were from 2 separate but very good sources. TP was popular with the players at Palace but his "relationship" with Steve Parish was horrendous, no Chairman could allow his manager to say the things that TP said to Parish. Again, it was over money, a bonus for avoiding relegation. Just how much money does someone need?

Winston Ingram
26-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Left Stoke over five years ago. I doubt WBA, Pulis and Berahino are keeping him in the loop. I don't doubt he knows the machinations of transfer scenarios and applies them for columns when of special interest. ie near the end of the transfer window with the potential biggest signing.

Not saying they are keeping them in the loop. I'd imagine due to the fact that as he has been involved in 4 transfers where he has been manager and the fact that he spent 2 years with him and people who know him. I don't think it's remotely unreasonable to suggest that his experience and the people he will have kept in contact with would suggest it's quite a bit more than guesswork.

Winston Ingram
26-01-2016, 11:21 AM
Some of the stories I heard about TP when he was at Palace were shocking & they were from 2 separate but very good sources. TP was popular with the players at Palace but his "relationship" with Steve Parish was horrendous, no Chairman could allow his manager to say the things that TP said to Parish. Again, it was over money, a bonus for avoiding relegation. Just how much money does someone need?

He certainly had a very obscure exit. Just left at the beginning of a season with no explanation.

nellio
26-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Makes you wonder why kitson keeps on going with the column when everyone reading has worked out that its him. Well it's either him or Nickey Shorey apparently.

itslegaltender
26-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Makes you wonder why kitson keeps on going with the column when everyone reading has worked out that its him. Well it's either him or Nickey Shorey apparently.

Its Kitson. some Danish journo finally proved it when he deliberately asked Kitson if had ever been to Denmark during an interview and Kitson said he had visited a lot as a kid. In TSF first book, it details how as a family, the Kitsons holidayed in Denmark often.

Treadstone
26-01-2016, 01:17 PM

Selling point. Less people likely to read a Dave Kitson piece. Easier to be vague under perceived anonymity than an open first person column.

Dashing Bob S
26-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Berahino is never worth £30m.

A bin liner stuffed full of used condoms in worth 30 mill if it has a contract with a Premiership club.

nellio
26-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Aye I see what you mean but the whole point of the column is that it's anonymous. Doesnt work as well when its known to be Kitson.

Wasnt aware of the Danish journo proving it was him BTW. Good work.

Treadstone
26-01-2016, 01:28 PM
A bin liner stuffed full of used condoms in worth 30 mill if it has a contract with a Premiership club.

This. And Ramires.