PDA

View Full Version : Why is SF not on tv?

Agnes Gordon
25-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Anyone know?
Is other semi being televised?

Billy Whizz
25-01-2016, 06:04 PM
Anyone know?

You're not allowed to show any game live in your country that has a Saturday 3pm ko
The other semi is on the Sunday
UEFA rules I believe

Waxy
25-01-2016, 06:10 PM
It would have been moved if they wanted the match.But no one wanted it.

Michael
25-01-2016, 06:14 PM
You're not allowed to show any game live in your country that has a Saturday 3pm ko
UEFA rules I believe

Just this country, not UEFA I think: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_on_television#3pm_.22Blackout.22

KWJ
25-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Pretty shameful really. So relived and excited that it's on Hibs TV but I do feel for the fans back home.

Prof. Shaggy
25-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Anyone know?

TV wants to show Celtc....:yawn:

Again.

IanM
25-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Regardless of viewing figures, if you were a sponsor you'd love to expect both semi finals to be in the tv. No wonder we don't demand big bucks for our competitions. No offense to the current sponsors

danhibees1875
25-01-2016, 06:43 PM
TV wants to show Celtc....:yawn:

Again.

Would you expect them not to? It's exactly the game I'd choose to show.

Nutmegged
25-01-2016, 06:43 PM
If there was a demand for the game to be shown then I'm sure both semi-finals would have been on TV, viewing figures for both clubs out with playing Celtic or Sevco can't be great or it would have been shown, by the way, I'm delighted, a 3pm Saturday Cup Semi Final, sold out, both clubs fans will be going into it fiercely confident, it will be some occassion.... that enthusiasm may not have been as obvious if its a 12:30 kick off

Prof. Shaggy
25-01-2016, 06:48 PM
Would you expect them not to? It's exactly the game I'd choose to show.

Why?

essexhibee
25-01-2016, 06:50 PM
What?! Joke! Gutted about this.

Can you only watch on Hibs tv if your abroad?

Jonnyboy
25-01-2016, 06:51 PM

'Fraid so, J

danhibees1875
25-01-2016, 06:53 PM
Why?
The same reason that they're always shown, a lot more people are interested in watching that game than ours.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
25-01-2016, 06:55 PM
Next season it's on Bt sports so both games will probably be on

Prof. Shaggy
25-01-2016, 07:14 PM
The same reason that they're always shown, a lot more people are interested in watching that game than ours.

Isn't that, in part, because they're always shown?

I don't want an argument and I'm excited our semifinal is sold out/at 3pm on Saturday etc.

It's the uncontested view that the game with the big team is automatically the one that will be televised that is of concern. It's also more evidence of the marketing of Scottish football to its existing customers.
Not much hope that things will improve that way, imho.

danhibees1875
25-01-2016, 07:42 PM
Isn't that, in part, because they're always shown?

I don't want an argument and I'm excited our semifinal is sold out/at 3pm on Saturday etc.

It's the uncontested view that the game with the big team is automatically the one that will be televised that is of concern. It's also more evidence of the marketing of Scottish football to its existing customers.
Not much hope that things will improve that way, imho.
I don't think more people support Celtic because they're more frequently shown, not to a material level anyway. Maybe the odd person.

As far as I'm aware, more people supported rangers and Celtic before football was shown on t.v.
I get where you're coming from about variety being good and teams getting their spot in limelight, but I don't think hibs v st Johnstone would really make people sit up and take notice of Scottish football although I do think it has the potential to be a better game with better atmosphere, I don't think people would really bother watching it in the first place.

It's a shame that not everyone who wants to watch the game will be allowed to do so, I agree. But that's just the way it is.

Callum_62
25-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Pretty shameful really. So relived and excited that it's on Hibs TV but I do feel for the fans back home.

It is??

Where did you read this? Delighted if true!

Prof. Shaggy
25-01-2016, 08:03 PM
I don't think more people support Celtic because they're more frequently shown, not to a material level anyway. Maybe the odd person.

As far as I'm aware, more people supported rangers and Celtic before football was shown on t.v.
I get where you're coming from about variety being good and teams getting their spot in limelight, but I don't think hibs v st Johnstone would really make people sit up and take notice of Scottish football although I do think it has the potential to be a better game with better atmosphere, I don't think people would really bother watching it in the first place.

It's a shame that not everyone who wants to watch the game will be allowed to do so, I agree. But that's just the way it is.

As I say, I can see your point. However the miserable and tainted duopoly which has strangled the game for at least the last generation is sustained, but in spite of the problems at Ibrox by the fact that there is never any change to the glorification of the (spurious) feats of the Glasgow teams and the message that they are the only teams worth watching.

Don't accept anything because "that's the way it is"!!:stirrer:

Hermit Crab
25-01-2016, 08:17 PM
UEFA rules I believe

The SC final is a Saturday 3pm though?

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Its allowed if there are no other games on.

SeanWilson
25-01-2016, 08:25 PM
The SC final is a Saturday 3pm though?

No other games are being played. The rule is to avoid people not going to see their team because a glamour tie is on the tv down the pub....

bournehibby
25-01-2016, 08:35 PM
'Fraid so, J
Does the Engerlish South Coast count as "abroad ?" :wink:

Bh

KWJ
25-01-2016, 08:49 PM
It is??

Where did you read this? Delighted if true!

On the live tv page after the St. Mirren game. It said audio for UK and audio + video for overseas. I assume it still says this, but I can't check at work.

Jack Hackett
25-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Does the Engerlish South Coast count as "abroad ?" :wink:

Bh

If they'd voted 'YES', it would have...

...I didn't get a say in the matter, so don't blame me :greengrin

Frazerbob
25-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Christ, everyone moans about too many games getting moved for TV. I'm delighted to be going to a semi at 3pm on a Saturday.

lyonhibs
25-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Christ, everyone moans about too many games getting moved for TV. I'm delighted to be going to a semi at 3pm on a Saturday.

That was my first thought. We can't have our cake and eat it when it comes to televised games.

Even though it means I won't get to watch it.

PETRIE!!!!!

lucky
25-01-2016, 09:36 PM

Got to say I agree. If this was a 12:30 KO on either Sat or Sun I doubt we'd have sold out

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2016, 09:41 PM
That was my first thought. We can't have our came and eat it when it comes to televised games.

Even though it means I won't get to watch it.

PETRIE!!!!!

Dont let my missus hear you say that, its the only time she's quiet.

Time For Heroes
25-01-2016, 09:45 PM

I wont be able to watch it as i live in England but I 100% agree with you

itslegaltender
25-01-2016, 10:15 PM
would imagine there would be ways to watch Hibs tv by doing a "netflix US" on your computer.

hhibs
25-01-2016, 11:25 PM
would imagine there would be ways to watch Hibs tv by doing a "netflix US" on your computer.

Yep,look up google.

monktonharp
26-01-2016, 02:23 AM
Pretty shameful really. So relived and excited that it's on Hibs TV but I do feel for the fans back home.I feel for their loss:rolleyes: they fans that go to most Hibernian games, home and away ,will be there though so that's a plus

lyonhibs
26-01-2016, 07:16 AM
Dont let my missus hear you say that, its the only time she's quiet.

When are you here until? Shall I try the veal??

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2016, 07:45 AM
When are you here until? Shall I try the veal??

:greengrin

Turkish Green
26-01-2016, 10:40 AM
On the live tv page after the St. Mirren game. It said audio for UK and audio + video for overseas. I assume it still says this, but I can't check at work.

I could not find this. I'd be delighted if true, but I have a feeling it will be audio only.

Turkish Green
26-01-2016, 10:43 AM

You need to get yourself a non-UK VPN. My VPN provider gives me both a UK and US addresses.

Try Hola for free access.

lord bunberry
26-01-2016, 10:59 AM
You need to get yourself a non-UK VPN. My VPN provider gives me both a UK and US addresses.

Try Hola for free access.
Can you sign up for hibs TV with a non uk vpn?

lyonhibs
26-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Can you sign up for hibs TV with a non uk vpn?

Hibs TV is specifically (or rather especially) aimed at overseas fans, so I'd hope so :greengrin

California-Hibs
26-01-2016, 03:07 PM
I could not find this. I'd be delighted if true, but I have a feeling it will be audio only.

It's on Hibs TV. It says it right there under the up and coming game with St Johnstone. Live video for overseas subscribers. I'm absolutely delighted it's on!!!!!

KWJ
26-01-2016, 04:34 PM
I feel for their loss:rolleyes: they fans that go to most Hibernian games, home and away ,will be there though so that's a plus

Who shat in your Weetos this morning? :greengrin

The Hibees are gaunna put on a show which should be available for all to see :aok: