PDA

View Full Version : Play off final?

oconnors_strip
25-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Does anyone know if hibs get to the Scottish cup final and are in the premiership play off final when the playoff date would be? Looking to book a holiday ASAP but need to make sure I don't miss the football!!

Monts
25-01-2016, 04:12 PM
If last season is anything to go by, we won't know until the playoff semi final is decided!

oconnors_strip
25-01-2016, 04:40 PM
If last season is anything to go by, we won't know until the playoff semi final is decided!

Thanks. Might just have to change my luck

Billy Whizz
25-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Does anyone know if hibs get to the Scottish cup final and are in the premiership play off final when the playoff date would be? Looking to book a holiday ASAP but need to make sure I don't miss the football!!

Nikki, It's on the SPL website under key dates
1st leg 19th May, 2nd leg 22nd May
Scottish cup final is 21st, so could change depending on who's in it

oconnors_strip
25-01-2016, 06:37 PM

Yeah I went to the website to check dates. Hopefully we win the league and I don't have to worry about it :wink:

hibbysam
25-01-2016, 09:28 PM

If that's the case, and I have no doubt it will be, how much of a farce is that after last years fiasco, still two of the bigger clubs in the championship so still every chance it could affect it! Absolute diddies that run our game

Greenworld
26-01-2016, 07:36 AM
I'm sure SCF date was set in stone when this was mentioned last year so don't think that date will change

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

allezsauzee
26-01-2016, 07:38 AM
Why are you wanting to watch The Rangers play Hamilton in the play offs anyway?

oconnors_strip
26-01-2016, 07:44 AM
Why are you wanting to watch The Rangers play Hamilton in the play offs anyway?

No I want to watch Kilmarnock lol

Seriously was wondering JUST in case we are in it. Holiday is booked now so let's hope we win automatic promotion

dangermouse
26-01-2016, 08:04 AM
No I want to watch Kilmarnock lol

Seriously was wondering JUST in case we are in it. Holiday is booked now so let's hope we win automatic promotion

Winning the league is a given, King Dom will be baning them in starting on Saturday :wink:

Turkish Green
26-01-2016, 09:20 AM

The cup final is a week earlier this season than last. The last game in the Championship is 30 April and the Championship play-offs will be finished before the 21st May. As the fixtures in the Premiership are on 14/15 May, the Play-off final would be after this.

As per last season the Premiership play-off final was played the Thursday before and Sunday after the final. This would be subject to change if a team in the cup final was also involved in the play-offs.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2016, 09:23 AM
The cup final is a week earlier this season than last. The last game in the Championship is 30 April and the Championship play-offs will be finished before the 21st May. As the fixtures in the Premiership are on 14/15 May, the Play-off final would be after this.

As per last season the Premiership play-off final was played the Thursday before and Sunday after the final. This would be subject to change if a team in the cup final was also involved in the play-offs.

The dates in my post are confirmed. Similar to last season, a championship team that gets to the cup final will either have played a few days before it, or possibly not played for 3 weeks. Think Falkirk last season didn't play for 3/4 weeks before the final against Caley

Turkish Green
26-01-2016, 11:27 AM
The dates in my post are confirmed. Similar to last season, a championship team that gets to the cup final will either have played a few days before it, or possibly not played for 3 weeks. Think Falkirk last season didn't play for 3/4 weeks before the final against Caley

Agree but it does depend on what teams reach the SC Final. Of the bottom 6 in the premiership only Hamilton are out of the cup. On present form they would be my prediction for 11th place. Dundee Utd have too much to do to catch them.

Captain Trips
26-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Rangers can worry about these dates as we are taking title.

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2016, 02:46 PM

Or they'll be playing the cup final on Saturday and the playoff final on Sunday.

Can't believe they never considered this after nearly being caught out last year.

monktonharp
26-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know if hibs get to the Scottish cup final and are in the premiership play off final when the playoff date would be? Looking to book a holiday ASAP but need to make sure I don't miss the football!!get some extra lottery tickets for May INSTEAD.

oconnors_strip
26-01-2016, 04:14 PM
get some extra lottery tickets for May INSTEAD.

What you mean by that?!