PDA

View Full Version : East Kilbride v Celtic

Ozyhibby
25-01-2016, 04:31 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hamilton/1340314-hamilton-have-no-intention-of-hosting-east-kilbride-v-celtic/

Hibs should step in and offer Easter road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SausageSurprise
25-01-2016, 04:35 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hamilton/1340314-hamilton-have-no-intention-of-hosting-east-kilbride-v-celtic/

Same day as the Edinburgh derby? No chance plod will agree. Play it at East Kilbrides ground, if it's not fit for purpose then they should not have been admitted entry to the tournament and therefor be expelled from competing any further

AndyM_1875
25-01-2016, 04:37 PM

It'll go to Hampden, which is basically a home tie for the soapdodgers.

Boyle89
25-01-2016, 04:38 PM
A game that takes place in just under two weeks time doesn't have a venue yet? Scottish football really is a mess.

Since90+2
25-01-2016, 04:39 PM
It wont be at Easter Road.

If Lothian had got through they were planning on playing the game at Livingston as the police would not have allowed Celtic to play in Edinburgh on the same day as the Edinburgh derby.

Hiber-nation
25-01-2016, 04:40 PM
We'll get it played at Hamilton's ground but we won't bother asking Hamilton, we'll just go ahead and announce it.

What a joke of an organisation.

Pete
25-01-2016, 04:41 PM
So the SFA announce that the game will be played at Hamilton without actually even asking Hamilton. No wonder they said they are washing their hair that day.

There was probably more dialogue with Celtic than anyone else.

Hibee87
25-01-2016, 04:42 PM
East Kilbride are going to give up 'home advantage' and play it at Celtic Park. Wasnt sure this was possible, but what ive been told

Auckland Hibs
25-01-2016, 04:58 PM
East Kilbride are going to give up 'home advantage' and play it at Celtic Park. Wasnt sure this was possible, but what ive been told

Sad if true, takes away some of what the SC is about IMO - guess the positive is the game will set them up financially for the next decade.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Surely St Mirren, Clyde, Morton etc are all relatively local venues that make more sense than switching it to Celtic Park?

I suppose Celtic Park with even 15000 there will generate more cash than any of the others for EK.

lapsedhibee
25-01-2016, 05:26 PM
I suppose Celtic Park with even 15000 there will generate more cash than any of the others for EK.

It's just us and Roma all over again! :grr: :panic:

Billy Whizz
25-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Take it to St Mirren Park, not too far away

Gettin' Auld
25-01-2016, 05:46 PM
I wonder why Hamilton are turning down what could be a nice wee earner for them?

MartinfaePorty
25-01-2016, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure I've ever heard of this happening in a match in Scotland. Would be surprised if they were allowed to play it at Celtic Park.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Andy74
25-01-2016, 05:58 PM
I wonder why Hamilton are turning down what could be a nice wee earner for them?

They've got stuff planned that day that they don't want to move. If it's club and community things they are best served in the long run to keep their own people happy.

Speedy
25-01-2016, 05:59 PM

Says they already have a full fixture list (youth etc.), probably also pissed off at hearing about it through the media.

KWJ
25-01-2016, 06:13 PM
I think the only embarrassing thing here is that they assumed they could have it at Hamilton's ground without asking them.

There's no problem with the tie being switched so that more people can enjoy it and give the club a very nice little earner while also allowing the players the opportunity to play at an SPFL stadium, I'm sure they'd want it at Celtic park.

I heard, I think it was, the East Kilbride chairman saying that he wanted the game to played at their home ground as it's a great occasion for the club but I think with all the facts in front of him he'd want it moved too. It's still a great occasion for the club, as well as the Scottish Cup, and they get a nice little earner into the bargain.

DH1875
25-01-2016, 06:53 PM
Would have thought Motherwell or Airdrie could hold the game.

ekhibee
25-01-2016, 07:23 PM
On the radio the other day they were saying that New Douglas Park was only EK's 7th choice after the likes of Hampden, Celtic Park, Firhill, Broadwood and a couple of others. Nobody on the radio seemed to know why that was either.

Sylar
25-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Well, East Kilbride are getting their wish as they never wanted it there in the first place.

They've no realistic chance of progression so little wonder they're all about the money they'll generate. If Septic Park helps them achieve that, I don't see the problem as it'll be their funeral.

Personally, I think they should just play it in East Kilbride - there's no way their park can be that much worse than a Central Park or Cliftonhill!

grunt
25-01-2016, 07:31 PM
On the radio the other day they were saying that New Douglas Park was only EK's 7th choice after the likes of Hampden, Celtic Park, Firhill, Broadwood and a couple of others. Nobody on the radio seemed to know why that was either.
Which raises the question of the SFA's previous "explanation" about their decision - an explanation which explained nothing. No one in the media seemed to mention the fact that the SFA had issued a press release which simply restated the rules without addressing the EKFC Chairman's legitimate question as to why NDP had been selected.

steakbake
25-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Well, East Kilbride are getting their wish as they never wanted it there in the first place.

They've no realistic chance of progression so little wonder they're all about the money they'll generate. If Septic Park helps them achieve that, I don't see the problem as it'll be their funeral.

Personally, I think they should just play it in East Kilbride - there's no way their park can be that much worse than a Central Park or Cliftonhill!

... or the PBS.

madabouthibs
25-01-2016, 08:02 PM
Excelsior is a decent venue, and not too far up the road.

Andy Bee
26-01-2016, 12:56 AM

East Kilbride was their first choice and ruled out by the SFA, considering it only holds 450 people I can understand that but the chairman sounded genuine on the radio stating he wanted it played at EK, Hampden was their second, New Douglas Park was their seventh choice and was the only club that never replied to their covering letter asking for details, availability etc, why the SFA announced it was to be held there is anybodys guess

TBH they're a recently formed team who could actually get somewhere considering the support they could generate, I'd be doing cartwheels if I was involved with EK and the game does go ahead at Celtic Park.

monktonharp
26-01-2016, 01:29 AM
I wonder why Hamilton are turning down what could be a nice wee earner for them?I'm NOT

monktonharp
26-01-2016, 01:46 AM
I think there is more to this, than meets the eye, from Hamilton's point of view. they dinnae want Celtic, in their ground. they fly the butcher.s apron above the stand. sorry to be blunt but that's a fact., and a west of Scotland thing. However, EK to Paisley up the back road is surely a lot closer for E.Klibride fans and it could hold a very good crowd with a great atmosphere for this match surely. logical choice, if agreed by both clubs. then again, were dealing with the SFA here, and logic does not really come into it. hard neck, to let the press know, before discussions with Hamilton Accies

Billy Whizz
26-01-2016, 06:40 PM
Now confirmed at Airdrie's stadium

Sylar
26-01-2016, 06:43 PM
I think there is more to this, than meets the eye, from Hamilton's point of view. they dinnae want Celtic, in their ground. they fly the butcher.s apron above the stand. sorry to be blunt but that's a fact., and a west of Scotland thing. However, EK to Paisley up the back road is surely a lot closer for E.Klibride fans and it could hold a very good crowd with a great atmosphere for this match surely. logical choice, if agreed by both clubs. then again, were dealing with the SFA here, and logic does not really come into it. hard neck, to let the press know, before discussions with Hamilton Accies

A "fact" might be a fact, when it is in fact a fact but that's complete and utter bull****.

Iggy Pope
26-01-2016, 09:34 PM

But the game's gone to Airdrie. AIRDRIE FFS!

ChicagoHibee
26-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Same day as the Edinburgh derby? No chance plod will agree. Play it at East Kilbrides ground, if it's not fit for purpose then they should not have been admitted entry to the tournament and therefor be expelled from competing any further

Spot on my friend.

Scouse Hibee
26-01-2016, 10:55 PM

Yes let's just throw all the teams with a ground not fit for the purpose of holding a tie against Celtic out of the cup. Brilliant you must be on the board of the SFA.

ian cruise
26-01-2016, 11:29 PM

Are you saying EK to Paisley is closer than EK to Hamilton? Because it's definitely not, not by a long shot. Apologies if it's not what you were saying and I've just picked you up wrong.

Hannah_hfc
27-01-2016, 10:57 PM
I'd have said Motherwell or Hampden are alot closer to East Kilbride than Airdrie?

Odd that neither of those two were chosen and certainly can't get my head around the SFA announcing Hamilton without consulting them. Madness!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Andy Bee
27-01-2016, 11:09 PM
I'd have said Motherwell or Hampden are alot closer to East Kilbride than Airdrie?

Odd that neither of those two were chosen and certainly can't get my head around the SFA announcing Hamilton without consulting them. Madness!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

There was also a charity match arranged at the Excelsior on the same day, quite funny really, Radio Clyde announced the Excelsior was to be the venue and IIRC Gordon Dalziel, who's a pundit on the show say's "naw it isnae, I've got a charity match arranged there for that Sunday". The EK chairman then phones in and offers him the EK ground and a £500 donation. What a shambles :greengrin

brianmc
27-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Are you saying EK to Paisley is closer than EK to Hamilton? Because it's definitely not, not by a long shot. Apologies if it's not what you were saying and I've just picked you up wrong.

Ek to Paisley is 13 miles. EK to Airdrie is 14 miles - so whilst there's not much of a difference monkton is correct about that....... BUT, butcher's apron? WTF? Absolute drivel!