PDA

View Full Version : 33m Lottery Ticket Washed?

Scouse Hibee
25-01-2016, 06:06 AM
Sounds dodgy to me and I reckon she's at it, numbers are visible but faded and so is 2016, however the actual day,date and barcode are not visible hmmmmm.

patch1875
25-01-2016, 06:54 AM
I agree, reckon she's bought a ticket after the draw and doctored it.

Scouse Hibee
25-01-2016, 07:03 AM
I agree, reckon she's bought a ticket after the draw and doctored it.

One of many tickets recieved by Camelot apparently.

Jack
25-01-2016, 08:33 AM
Camelot (now Canadian owned) will know everything about the winning ticket; the second it was bought; if other lines were bought; was it a lucky dip, there will probably be CCTV of the person buying the ticket.

Anyone trying to con their way to the winnings will be up there with Darwin Award winners.

They can't be done for being stupid so fraud seems a reasonable route.

Future17
25-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Apparently the person involved has sent the "ticket" in the post, stuck to some cardboard, on the advice of Camelot. :confused:

I reckon that's the test. Anyone who genuinely knew they had a ticket worth £33m wouldn't let it out of their sight until they had it in writing the cash was going to their bank account!

Treadstone
25-01-2016, 10:45 AM
Shopkeeper in on this too.

stoneyburn hibs
25-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Apparently the person involved has sent the "ticket" in the post, stuck to some cardboard, on the advice of Camelot. :confused:

I reckon that's the test. Anyone who genuinely knew they had a ticket worth £33m wouldn't let it out of their sight until they had it in writing the cash was going to their bank account!

Wow ! What a nutter.

snooky
25-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Sounds dodgy to me and I reckon she's at it, numbers are visible but faded and so is 2016, however the actual day,date and barcode are not visible hmmmmm.

:agree: Money laundering at its worst

Hiber-nation
26-01-2016, 08:40 AM
:agree: Money laundering at its worst

:top marks

cabbageandribs1875
28-01-2016, 04:54 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35432234

UK lottery operator Camelot has received a "valid claim" for a record £33m Lotto jackpot prize, it says.
The holder of the winning ticket - bought in Worcester for the 9 January draw - has opted to remain anonymous.

looking good for the woman

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2016, 05:22 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35432234

UK lottery operator Camelot has received a "valid claim" for a record £33m Lotto jackpot prize, it says.
The holder of the winning ticket - bought in Worcester for the 9 January draw - has opted to remain anonymous.

looking good for the woman

Can't be her if they are remaining anonymous,she told everyone she had the ticket.They recieved plenty of claims besides hers.

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Can't be her if they are remaining anonymous,she told everyone she had the ticket.They recieved plenty of claims besides hers.

Also a damaged ticket cannot be validated until after the 180 days limit. It would certainly appear as the German granny has bought a ticket after the draw and tried to fob it off as the winning ticket. Jail term beckons me thinks.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Woman who made the washing machine claim isn't the winner. She's apparently got previous for making a similar claim with a scratchcard.

Charge for attempted fraud on the way I think.

cabbageandribs1875
28-01-2016, 06:01 PM

Woman who made the washing machine claim isn't the winner. She's apparently got previous for making a similar claim with a scratchcard.

Charge for attempted fraud on the way I think.

i really really should start reading news items right to the end :greengrin

i wonder what the thoughts are of the newsagent owner that told the world on TV she was a lovely lady :greengrin