PDA

View Full Version : Yams red card

Monts
24-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Will that straight red today affect our game against them?

FromTheCapital
24-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Suspended unless successful appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuarty27
24-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Lets hope not, he is murder!!

Thecat23
24-01-2016, 01:10 PM
That won't be over turned as he left the ground with both feet.

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 01:19 PM
That won't be over turned as he left the ground with both feet.

Has he gone home then.

LaMotta
24-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Lets hope not, he is murder!!

Aye but Jordan McGhee is worse!

lucky
24-01-2016, 01:20 PM
They are a big physical side who will attempt to bully us.

Thecat23
24-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Has he gone home then.

😂😂

That was very good! 👍🏼

24-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Don't really see how hearts fans can defend that. the guy went lunging in, two feet up off the ground.

Scottie
24-01-2016, 01:30 PM
John Collins was right when he said 'they are just a f****n pub team. If it stands still they will kick it.

GreenLake
24-01-2016, 01:43 PM
The Hamilton sending off later was an even worse tackle tbh. They must have had a bet on for 2 sending offs one in each half.

The Green Goblin
24-01-2016, 01:47 PM

I can tell you how this is going to play out, because it happens in most derbies: there will be a number of poor verging on dangerous challenges by them in the opening twenty minutes. The referee will have a word but do nothing. One of ours will then put in a challenge that might be a foul but isn't bad or reckless and the ref will suddenly decide that he needs to 'take control' and he will get the card out...

24-01-2016, 01:57 PM
I can tell you how this is going to play out, because it happens in most derbies: there will be a number of poor verging on dangerous challenges by them in the opening twenty minutes. The referee will have a word but do nothing. One of ours will then put in a challenge that might be a foul but isn't bad or reckless and the ref will suddenly decide that he needs to 'take control' and he will get the card out...

They'll get away with murder. How Gomis wasn't sent off in the last derby at ER i'll never know, his whole game involved constant fouls on hibs plays to break up the play as much as possible and stop the likes of Allan getting a run at them. I don't know what his foul count was for that game but it must have been well into double figures!

Mr White
24-01-2016, 02:19 PM

:agree: and our first yellow will go to gray or Stevenson, giving them leverage down that side thereafter.

inglisavhibs
24-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Will that straight red today affect our game against them?
Who cares, he's not that good and they will bring in another 6ft plus defender anyway.

Big_Franck
24-01-2016, 02:24 PM

That's what happens in the majority of edinburgh derbies. Hopefully the ref is on to Gomis' constant fouling early on this time, although I doubt it.

Andy74
24-01-2016, 02:25 PM

Yep. Same every time we try and mix it with anyone.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Recent derby history shows that they will get a player sent off, however it will be on the Monday after the game [emoji57] If a series of refs can't spot two footed lunges, head butts, kicks off the ball etc then I don't expect that to change anytime soon. Think Gomis was booked for his 10th foul in the 1-1 draw at Tynecastle last new year [emoji52]

greenpaper55
24-01-2016, 02:47 PM
If that is third in the league then we have nothing to worry about, true they have players from the land of the giants but they were utter gash today, Crash bang(corner) crash bang (long throw) is their main attacking ploy or a long ball for the man with no neck to chase !. We have a decent chance at Tynie.

CorrieHibs
24-01-2016, 05:44 PM
They were p**h today but are strong at home. Still think we can get a draw and beat them in a replay at Easter road.

Billy Whizz
24-01-2016, 05:49 PM
What's the punishment for a straight red, one or two game ban?

Bostonhibby
24-01-2016, 06:05 PM
What's the punishment for a straight red, one or two game ban?
And your portrait painted and hung in the yam hall of fame alongside the other red card legends.

Okay nailed to the wall in the John Robertson "lounge".

ancient hibee
24-01-2016, 09:03 PM
The Hamilton pitch should be redcarded.

Stantons Angel
24-01-2016, 09:19 PM

so rightly said!
They will intimidate us from the start, kick lumps our of our players and try to get someone sent off!

They will play for free kicks to disrupt our play just as they normally do!

McGinn will be their main target, we must be better than them in every department and not lose our cool and most of all we MUST win!!!

Eyrie
24-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Edinburgh derbies are depressingly simple to predict.

When we have the better team, the game is played our way and we win at football.
When they have the better team, the game is played their way and they win at hoofball.
When there isn't much between the two sides, they kick the crap out of our players to stop us playing football and then steal the win.

I think we have the better team this time, so we'll win.

matty_f
24-01-2016, 10:46 PM
What we need is a strong ref who won't be swayed by their almost constant harrassment and protests. Never seen a team who crowd the ref as much since SAF stopped his Man United team from doing it.

lyonhibs
25-01-2016, 06:17 AM
Edinburgh derbies are depressingly simple to predict.

When we have the better team, the game is played our way and we win at football.
When they have the better team, the game is played their way and they win at hoofball.
When there isn't much between the two sides, they kick the crap out of our players to stop us playing football and then steal the win.

I think we have the better team this time, so we'll win.

Which category would the post LC win loss come under then? We had by far the better team on paper, playing some great stuff, 0-1 loss.

The fact is that, whilst I more or less agree with categories 2 and 3, the Yams have more often than not been able to bridge any gap in footballing ability with desire, determination and a decent slice of luck. The stats bear this out.

And how you conclude that we have a better team than the 3rd place team in the league above us, I don't know.

We're capable of winning this for sure, but Hearts are a decidedly more formidable proposition than all of the teams bar 1 that we face in this league.

Bristolhibby
25-01-2016, 07:12 AM

You are forgetting the late Hearts winning goal as we are pressing circa 87 minutes.

J

hibsmad
25-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Hearts fan at work reckons he is okay to play. According to him both Rossi and Augustyn are both missing against Caley but back for derby. Anyone know if this is the case or not? I really fancy the Nigerian guy getting a run out against us as he is apparently pish!

SeanWilson
25-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Which category would the post LC win loss come under then? We had by far the better team on paper, playing some great stuff, 0-1 loss.

The fact is that, whilst I more or less agree with categories 2 and 3, the Yams have more often than not been able to bridge any gap in footballing ability with desire, determination and a decent slice of luck. The stats bear this out.

And how you conclude that we have a better team than the 3rd place team in the league above us, I don't know.

We're capable of winning this for sure, but Hearts are a decidedly more formidable proposition than all of the teams bar 1 that we face in this league.

I'm presuming you didn't see them yesterday? TB's hibs could have beat that hearts team!

Moulin Yarns
25-01-2016, 02:47 PM
Hearts fan at work reckons he is okay to play. According to him both Rossi and Augustyn are both missing against Caley but back for derby. Anyone know if this is the case or not? I really fancy the Nigerian guy getting a run out against us as he is apparently pish!

Augustyn is the next SPFL game after 30/1/16 Not sure about Rossi yet, but think it is a league game.

hibsmad
25-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Augustyn is the next SPFL game after 30/1/16 Not sure about Rossi yet, but think it is a league game.

Cheers. I never watch Hearts so don't know enough about any of them to know if I'd like them out or not.

I just know that every Hearts supporter I've spoken with doesn't rate the Nigerian so quite fancied him coming in as cover.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-01-2016, 03:01 PM

Neilson believes they are both out for Saturday.

Argylehibby
25-01-2016, 03:01 PM

didnt see the tackle but if it was the same as McGinns against Falkirk would it not be a 2 game ban for violent conduct and that would be league and cup? :dunno:

dangermouse
25-01-2016, 03:32 PM
didnt see the tackle but if it was the same as McGinns against Falkirk would it not be a 2 game ban for violent conduct and that would be league and cup? :dunno:

It was worse than McGinn's. McGinn got his reduced to a yellow card, don't see that happening with Rossi.

Tynie01011973
25-01-2016, 03:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn3DtR47wP0

Franck Stanton
25-01-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm presuming you didn't see them yesterday? TB's hibs could have beat that hearts team!

You have just taken this too far. arf arf :greengrin

erin go bragh
25-01-2016, 05:07 PM
And your portrait painted and hung in the yam hall of fame alongside the other red card legends.

Okay nailed to the wall in the John Robertson "lounge".

Would have to be bluetack BH . The first nail would flatten that hut :)

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
25-01-2016, 05:33 PM
Would have to be bluetack BH . The first nail would flatten that hut :)

GGTTH

:greengrin Aye, if the calor gas flame doesn't do for it first.

Argylehibby
25-01-2016, 09:42 PM
It was worse than McGinn's. McGinn got his reduced to a yellow card, don't see that happening with Rossi.

Definitely worse than McGinns and he was originally given a 2 game ban so will surely be the same punishment for this one. I think violent conduct is next game + next one in same competition so possibly will be 2 league games.

monktonharp
26-01-2016, 01:41 AM
Rossi's lunge was a shocker, and within a yard's distance of the ref, if I recall. not any doubt about it. don't care if his ban is recinded in anyway, because he looked poor.

allezsauzee
26-01-2016, 06:49 AM
We don't want them whining that they were missing key players when we dump them out the cup in their own back yard anyway. :greengrin

Onion
26-01-2016, 07:00 AM
We don't want them whining that they were missing key players when we dump them out the cup in their own back yard anyway. :greengrin

Nice thought, but anyone with any experience of Hibs v Hearts over the last 30 years knows that it makes no difference who the Yams put out on the park, they will give 110% and be very hard to beat.

Turkish Green
26-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Nice thought, but anyone with any experience of Hibs v Hearts over the last 30 years knows that it makes no difference who the Yams put out on the park, they will give 110% and be very hard to beat.

And this current team will be no different. For me the question will be who does Neilson pick at LB. Neither McGhee or Oshaniwa come across as being the full monty. Pressing them down the right flank should be the tactic as I cannot see whoever is LB holding out for 90 minutes without making a mistake.

dangermouse
26-01-2016, 11:51 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-defender-igor-rossi-banned-for-cup-derby-1-4011532

GreenLake
26-01-2016, 11:56 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-defender-igor-rossi-banned-for-cup-derby-1-4011532

It's a pity as he would have been a liability for them

Diclonius
26-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Good. One less player to kick us off the park.

Eyrie
26-01-2016, 07:53 PM
It's a pity as he would have been a liability for them

But by definition his understudy must be even worse.

Aldo
26-01-2016, 08:03 PM

Shame TBH cos he's a total liability.

Bostonhibby
26-01-2016, 08:08 PM

there will be an equally large unskilled brute, well schooled in the dirty tricks philosophy and practice ready to step in, remember this is a Potter team. All down to how early the ref manages their break up play centred around fouling.

PatHead
26-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Hearts supporter told me that since the Nigerian World Cup star had been dropped their defence had been much more solid. Seemingly he is pants

Hopefully they play him instead.

Gmack7
30-01-2016, 07:18 AM
As there game is off today does this mean the other big galoot Augustus is now suspended for our cup win?

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-01-2016, 07:21 AM
Hearts supporter told me that since the Nigerian World Cup star had been dropped their defence had been much more solid. Seemingly he is pants

Hopefully they play him instead.

Weird eh because when they signed him he was going to be the greatest player to grace Edinburgh football since Sauzee. After all he had just played in the World Cup against Messi so that automatically made him amazing [emoji52]

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-01-2016, 07:23 AM
As there game is off today does this mean the other big galoot Augustus is now suspended for our cup win?

I think his suspension is for the league only as it was a build up of yellows