PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty points

Pages : [1] 2

lucky
24-01-2016, 01:19 PM
There's been lots of comments on the point system. So what's people's views on them? Should we keep them? Scarp them? Do they undermine a ST? Is this costing the club money?

Personally I'd scrap the present system and have a membership scheme for non ST holders. So for big games all ST holders get first crack at tickets then members then a general sale.

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2016, 01:24 PM
I would keep it as it works perfectly well. ST holders always get first crack at the tickets under the current system, ST holders who go to more away games than other ST holders get even more priority, perfectly fair in my opinion as a ST holder who only goes to away games occasionally.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 01:29 PM
I would keep it as it works perfectly well. ST holders always get first crack at the tickets under the current system, ST holders who go to more away games than other ST holders get even more priority, perfectly fair in my opinion as a ST holder who only goes to away games occasionally.

Actually a season ticket holder who also had a season ticket last season will not have enough points for the first phase of Hearts tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SausageSurprise
24-01-2016, 01:29 PM
😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

Golden Bear
24-01-2016, 01:30 PM
There's been lots of comments on the point system. So what's people's views on them? Should we keep them? Scarp them? Do they undermine a ST? Is this costing the club money?

Personally I'd scrap the present system and have a membership scheme for non ST holders. So for big games all ST holders get first crack at tickets then members then a general sale.

I agree. Such a scheme was in operation a few years ago. This time around it would be a plus factor if a loyalty card could be produced which would allow for discount on drink in the BTG as well as merchandise from the club shop.

bod
24-01-2016, 01:30 PM

how about this
st holders who go to more away games than st holders that don't ,get first dibs on games ?

HibsNutter
24-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Allows the most loyal fans first dibs on tickets. It's a success.

HH81
24-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Loyalty point threads are class. I like them and think it should continue.

I reckon some fans who post on these threads check their points daily to make sure they are still there.

CropleyWasGod
24-01-2016, 01:38 PM
As an aside, i wonder if the loyalty points system is having an effect on attendances.

Yesterday, for example, I overheard a few conversations about points. How many people were there because they felt the need to collect points? Even if it's only, say, 500, that has to be a major pointer in its favour.

Ken
24-01-2016, 01:39 PM
The current system works. Everyone who is in the top bracket for the Hearts game has had a full season ticket for 2014/2015 and 2015/2016, plus they have went to 90%-100% of the cup games and a couple of away games at least. Those who are slightly below 391 haven't went to as many away or cup games.

The thing to take from this, is you need to ensure you buy your ticket in advance and always allocate your tickets to your and your parties client references.

1 thing I would like Hibs to do is to show the current points of those in your party when you log in

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Actually a season ticket holder who also had a season ticket last season will not have enough points for the first phase of Hearts tickets.

Might have something to do with a Hibby having a season ticket last season and this season going to more games outwith their season ticket. Personally I think the system works perfectly well. Not just because I have enough points for the Hearts game. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2016, 01:42 PM
Every item you purchase from Hibs that provides money directly to Hibs should have a certain amount of loyalty points.

Example, 1 point for a mug, 5 points for a t shirt costing £20 and 10 points for a replica top costing over £40.

wookie70
24-01-2016, 01:44 PM
how about this
st holders who go to more away games than st holders that don't ,get first dibs on games ? To me that is what the loyalty scheme should be about. Those that go to most games get first dibs. Having a season ticket should entitle you to being above those that don't go to many games. I think the loyalty scheme is a good idea that has generally been well implemented. I disagree with the points going to HSL members as the loyalty scheme's reward is realised in getting preference for game tickets so that is what should accumulate points.

The only other issue I would have is the methodology behind the tranches of ticket sales. I can't understand the need to go so low for the second wave of sales for the SC game v Hearts. Surely they could have made the point threshold far higher for that. Generally it is a good scheme and I think it will get better in time when the points spread out a bit. We just have to bear with it through the early teething problems.

Pretty Boy
24-01-2016, 01:44 PM
I don't really think points should be awarded for purchases from the shop etc. That starts to get messy imo.

I would extend points to those who subscribe to Hibs TV though for example. For many of them non attendance is due to location as opposed to anything else, they should be ahead of someone who lives in Edinburgh but chooses not to attend when cup finals or whatever come around imo.

Generally speaking we have few away games where there is a real scramble for tickets. The loyalty scheme should obviously ensure that refular away attendees get first dibs on the rare occasions there is such a scramble and the current one does. Where we really needed a loyalty scheme was to look after regular walk ups who had no more chance of getting a ticket than a once every 5 seasons type when big games came around. That issue has, if people buy in advance, also been resolved so it's job done again imo.

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2016, 01:46 PM

Everybody that qualified for the first phase was a season ticket holder though. Which illustrates my point, ST holders who have attended other matches also rightly got priority.

Lancs Harp
24-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Every item you purchase from Hibs that provides money directly to Hibs should have a certain amount of loyalty points.

Example, 1 point for a mug, 5 points for a t shirt costing £20 and 10 points for a replica top costing over £40.

Im drinking a brew from my Easter Road mug as I type.

Or by mug were you actually referring to some of our fanbase?:cb

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 01:50 PM
I think that you should also be awarded extra points according to your age. One for every birthday you've had. Makes sense that a 'more mature' fan should have more points than a spotty acne face student whose only been a fan for a few years. :aok:

CropleyWasGod
24-01-2016, 01:51 PM
I think that you should also be awarded extra points according to your age. One for every birthday you've had. Makes sense that a 'more mature' fan should have more points than a spotty acne face student whose only been a fan for a few years. :aok:

There should also be credit for the number of threads on Loyalty Points that we contribute to.

Scouse Hibee

What if they've both been Hibees for their entire life ;-)

Onion

Point system makes complete sense as long as it's fair, folk know what it is trying to achieve and it does that. IMO it's becoming a bit of a mongrel, confused between rewarding / incentivising financial support and fan support. Essential Hibs get the balance right, otherwise they run danger of pissing off lots of very loyal fans and rewarding the wrong people.

The other thing they need to do is speed up the whole sales process. The St J semi sale has thrown up a number of serious flaws which need addressed.

lord bunberry
24-01-2016, 01:53 PM
how about this
st holders who go to more away games than st holders that don't ,get first dibs on games ?
That's how I'd do it. After that we just revert to the old system. I'm already starting to think about whether it's worth me getting our 3 season tickets next season.

Nando™
24-01-2016, 02:08 PM
In general, the loyalty points system is a great addition and helps to make sure the people that have spent the most on match tickets get priority for the higher profile games. However, I wonder if, in time, the system actually acts as a disincentive to people who are swithering about whether or not to buy a season ticket.

For example; Guy expects a poor season ahead, and therefore may not want to sit at Easter Road every other week and watch us play garbage. But, he and his two kids have been ST holders since the loyalty points system started, so he knows that he will still get away derby tickets and the potential semi finals and finals that Hibs are capable of reaching, no matter how crap we are at the time. Guy might be happy enough to leave the STs this season knowing this. And, this type of behaviour will only increase as the years go by.

Another thing that may cause problems, is that the younger generations are going to have a more and more difficult time getting tickets for big away games because their points will be a drop in the ocean compared to the older heads. Personally I think it's important that the kids get a chance to experience these big atmospheres.

Disclaimer: Must admit, I haven't thought too hard about these ideas, so looking for some views on them.

Pretty Boy
24-01-2016, 02:18 PM
In general, the loyalty points system is a great addition and helps to make sure the people that have spent the most on match tickets get priority for the higher profile games. However, I wonder if, in time, the system actually acts as a disincentive to people who are swithering about whether or not to buy a season ticket.

For example; Guy expects a poor season ahead, and therefore may not want to sit at Easter Road every other week and watch us play garbage. But, he and his two kids have been ST holders since the loyalty points system started, so he knows that he will still get away derby tickets and the potential semi finals and finals that Hibs are capable of reaching, no matter how crap we are at the time. Guy might be happy enough to leave the STs this season knowing this. And, this type of behaviour will only increase as the years go by.

Another thing that may cause problems, is that the younger generations are going to have a more and more difficult time getting tickets for big away games because their points will be a drop in the ocean compared to the older heads. Personally I think it's important that the kids get a chance to experience these big atmospheres.

Disclaimer: Must admit, I haven't thought too hard about these ideas, so looking for some views on them.

Is it not the case that points drop off after 2 years? Meaning only the last 2 seasons are valid at any one time.

I thought I read that somewhere although I may be wrong.

lucky
24-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Is no one concerned about .netters stating that the loyalty points system may stop them getting STs?

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Is no one concerned about .netters stating that the loyalty points system may stop them getting STs?

Definitely a concern but it will just put them further down the priority list.

Nando™
24-01-2016, 02:31 PM
Is it not the case that points drop off after 2 years? Meaning only the last 2 seasons are valid at any one time.

Hmm, if this is true then that would solve both of the above potential problems.

Hopefully someone can confirm this.

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2016, 02:36 PM

Yes spot on, only ever 2 seasons will be valid.

David_D
24-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before but I bought a ticket yesterday from the ticket pod as the queue at ticket office was rather long. If I took ticket along to ticket office would I get points added?

Keith_M
24-01-2016, 02:48 PM
What if they've both been Hibees for their entire life ;-)

I'd only award 50% of the normal level of Loyalty Points to the 'Johnny Come Lately, Glory Hunting Scouse Gits'

Nando™
24-01-2016, 02:51 PM

That's great news :aok:

iwasthere1972
Sorry if this has been asked before but I bought a ticket yesterday from the ticket pod as the queue at ticket office was rather long. If I took ticket along to ticket office would I get points added?

My guess is no. It leaves the system open to abuse as it could have been passed on to you by someone.

Scouse Hibee
I'd only award 50% of the normal level of Loyalty Points to the 'Johnny Come Lately, Glory Hunting Scouse Gits'

I can live with that, the glory hunting hasn't quite gone to plan though, not sure where I went wrong to be honest :-)

Pretty Boy

Short answer is no. No points are added retrospectively.

Baldy Foghorn

So no benefits of attending away games to support the team then?

I think the LP system is good, still not perfect, but trying to cater for all who buy tickets through Hibs.......

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2016, 02:52 PM

I reckon some fans who post on these threads check their points daily to make sure they are still there.

Stop it.....:faf::faf::faf:

Keith_M
24-01-2016, 02:52 PM
I can live with that, the glory hunting hasn't quite gone to plan though, not sure where I went wrong to be honest :-)

:greengrin

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 02:55 PM

Actually, you had the top up or bought tickets for the home cup games you would.

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Actually, you had the top up or bought tickets for the home cup games you would.

Yep that's me.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 02:59 PM

I reckon some fans just post on these threads to deliberately try and wind up others.

Onion
24-01-2016, 02:59 PM

When did it change to 2 years ?

Took this from Hibs website posted July 2015 ...

As a result of the discussions some changes were proposed to the system for 15/16. The point levels for 2015/16 have been increased to 10 and 5 points for home and away matches respectively, with season ticket holders receiving 180 points. Point totals will be carried over from last season, with a rolling 3 year cycle planned for accumulation of points. For example, when season 2017/18 begins the points from 14/15 will be removed.

The accumulation of points is designed to recognise the ongoing commitment of supporters across seasons, with the 3 year period able to capture ongoing loyalty without supporters building an unassailable points total or handicapping new supporters of the Club.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Yep that's me.

And me. :aok:.

Ged
24-01-2016, 03:00 PM

Keep it as it is and add anything that put more money into the club. So that's shop purchases, Hibs TV subscription, buying hospitality, mascot and 12th man packages, etc.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2016, 03:01 PM

Season tickets for 2 seasons, Falkirk Semi, and all cup ties at home, and semi v Saints would get you 395 points.....

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Keep it as it is and add anything that put more money into the club. So that's shop purchases, Hibs TV subscription, buying hospitality, mascot and 12th man packages, etc.

:top marks

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Season tickets for 2 seasons, Falkirk Semi, and all cup ties at home, and semi v Saints would get you 395 points.....

So Ozys post is incorrect then?

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 03:05 PM

How many points Pies, pizzas, bovril, juice, coffee, tea, pints, hot dogs?

Baldy Foghorn

It would be correct, if he never had a CTU or missed cup home ties?

Andy74
There should be a way of getting points for games you attend whether the ticket is bought through Hibs or not.

If it's purely there to award attendance it should award attendance.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2016, 03:06 PM

That would fall into rewards scheme category......

Ged
24-01-2016, 03:07 PM

Stop being stupid.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 03:07 PM
There should be a way of getting points for games you attend whether the ticket is bought through Hibs or not.

I'm not saying hasn't been done but I've not heard of any other club awarding points for anything other than attendance home or away. It would just be too complicated.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 03:08 PM

Don't see how? I never mentioned games in Glasgow etc.

Baldy Foghorn

Agree to an extent Andy, but Hibs have no control if you buy ticket at away ground, as no receipt given, and ticket could be passed on to someone else etc.....

Andy74
I'm not saying hasn't been done but I've not heard of any other club awarding points for anything other than attendance home or away. It would just be too complicated.

I'm talking about attendance at Hibs away games.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Stop being stupid.

How is he being stupid, if you want points for spend where does it stop? Catering, hospitality etc is what some are asking for here

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 03:10 PM

Same as you would get in Scrabble. Hot dog sales may take a tumble. :aok:

Simples.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 03:12 PM
I'm talking about attendance at Hibs away games.

Thats how it should be if I'm honest.

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2016, 03:12 PM
When did it change to 2 years ?

Took this from Hibs website posted July 2015 ...

As a result of the discussions some changes were proposed to the system for 15/16. The point levels for 2015/16 have been increased to 10 and 5 points for home and away matches respectively, with season ticket holders receiving 180 points. Point totals will be carried over from last season, with a rolling 3 year cycle planned for accumulation of points. For example, when season 2017/18 begins the points from 14/15 will be removed.

The accumulation of points is designed to recognise the ongoing commitment of supporters across seasons, with the 3 year period able to capture ongoing loyalty without supporters building an unassailable points total or handicapping new supporters of the Club.

Hmmm my mistake then, have the literature somewhere and could have swore it says 2 years, I stand corrected.

Onion
24-01-2016, 03:21 PM

Leanne made the objective of the scheme quite clear in October on Hibs website ...

"Whilst the underpinning principle of the loyalty points scheme will continue to be to reward attendance at matches, I would also like to make a couple of other observations: First, the loyalty scheme is something that we are learning about all the time. We will work hard to try to ensure we make it as fair as we can. But, second, we must also be free to choose to use loyalty points in other ways on occasion as we develop various areas of the Club."

That means the point system needs to be weighted towards folk who actually go along to game and support the team. It has to avoid anomalous situations where folk can buy 40 bananas from the Hibs shop and get ahead of a ST holder :wink:

Andy74
24-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Thats how it should be if I'm honest.

At the moment it's fine if you buy away tickets in advance through Hibs.

If you don't live near the stadium or don't know far enough in advance you get no points for paying at the gate.

I'm just below threshold for Hearts game but Ive largely paid at gate for away games because I don't tend to know in advance.

Makes no odds this time as I'm not going to Hearts game but it's not an equitable situation if the emphasis is on in the attendance part.

Onion
24-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Hmmm my mistake then, have the literature somewhere and could have swore it says 2 years, I stand corrected.

This was on the back of a review of the scheme last June involving supporter groups, so might have changed to 3 years then ?

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Leanne made the objective of the scheme quite clear in October on Hibs website ...

"Whilst the underpinning principle of the loyalty points scheme will continue to be to reward attendance at matches, I would also like to make a couple of other observations: First, the loyalty scheme is something that we are learning about all the time. We will work hard to try to ensure we make it as fair as we can. But, second, we must also be free to choose to use loyalty points in other ways on occasion as we develop various areas of the Club."

That means the point system needs to be weightedtowards folk who actually go along to game and support the team. It has to avoid anomalous situations where folk can buy 40 bananas from the Hibs shop and get ahead of a ST holder :wink:

:hilarious

We would be on slippery grounds then.

DaveF
24-01-2016, 03:28 PM
How is he being stupid, if you want points for spend where does it stop? Catering, hospitality etc is what some are asking for here

It is stupid though BF. Points for food is just taking it to stupid levels and is one of the reasons these loyalty points threads go pear shaped in the way they do (all IMHO, of course!)

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2016, 03:28 PM
This was on the back of a review of the scheme last June involving supporter groups, so might have changed to 3 years then ?

Ah yes that might be the case.

SunshineOnLeith
24-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Personally, I think the loyalty points system is a waste of time and leads to ridiculous situations like the HSL points which has been done to death on here.

Regardless of that, however, there's a pretty big logistical problem with walk up fans to Easter Road for normal league games. The organisation at our ticket office on match days just isn't good enough to deal with every single walk up fan. It's all well and good saying they should buy online and print at home, or leave the pub earier, or whatever, but there needs to be an acknowledgement that a significant proportion of fans will pitch up 10-15 minutes before kick off, cash in hand. This is not a behaviour which Hibs can change, and nor should they when it allows for someone who lives on Easter Road, for example, to decide at 2.45 that they want to go and watch Hibs.

Would it be possible to have a unique code printed on each ticket so that, if someone just goes to the pod and pays their cash, they can log on to their online account and enter the code for the points after the game? I realise it's open to abuse by people giving away ticket stubs but would that really be a big issue?

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2016, 03:34 PM
It is stupid though BF. Points for food is just taking it to stupid levels and is one of the reasons these loyalty points threads go pear shaped in the way they do (all IMHO, of course!)

All points threads go pear shaped, or banana shaped as per one of the posts above....:greengrin

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 03:35 PM

How is it? As BF has said that is what some folk are calling for. Points for food and things, ridiculous imo. Stupid levels would be getting points for buying a keyring for example from the club shop. Points should be awarded for attendance only, if you were to award points for shop purchases then it puts further pressure on fans to buy even more stuff to keep up at the high level points to get tickets for away games.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2016, 03:37 PM
How is it? As BF has said that is what some folk are calling for. Points for food and things, ridiculous imo. Stupid levels would be getting points for buying a keyring for example from the club shop. Points should be awarded for attendance only, if you were to award points for shop purchases then it puts further pressure on fans to buy even more stuff to keep up at the high level points to get tickets for away games.

Spend should fall into rewards scheme IMO of course.....Ticket points for attendance

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Personally, I think the loyalty points system is a waste of time and leads to ridiculous situations like the HSL points which has been done to death on here.

Regardless of that, however, there's a pretty big logistical problem with walk up fans to Easter Road for normal league games. The organisation at our ticket office on match days just isn't good enough to deal with every single walk up fan. It's all well and good saying they should buy online and print at home, or leave the pub earier, or whatever, but there needs to be an acknowledgement that a significant proportion of fans will pitch up 10-15 minutes before kick off, cash in hand. This is not a behaviour which Hibs can change, and nor should they when it allows for someone who lives on Easter Road, for example, to decide at 2.45 that they want to go and watch Hibs.

Would it be possible to have a unique code printed on each ticket so that, if someone just goes to the pod and pays their cash, they can log on to their online account and enter the code for the points after the game? I realise it's open to abuse by people giving away ticket stubs but would that really be a big issue?

To be fair all fans know how it works now its been in for a year so if they roll up fresh from the pub with cash in hand then that's their own fault as they know they won't get any points for cash gates.

The last paragraph is totally unrealistic imo.

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 03:39 PM
I am all for some sort of system to reward fans who spend lots of money at the club and also make the effort to attend away games (even if money doesn't go to Hibs - it's great for the club to appreciate those who back the team on the road).

How this is done is the real challenge..the current system has inconsistencies for example not every away game counts for loyalty points.

It also seems old that those with more loyalty points will gain even more as they will always be in 1st wave. Like the rich getting richer.

Season tickets need to remain key here - lose these fans and we will have a real problem.

Should Hibs actually just use 5 brackets to sell tickets every time for example..

(Think the below would need altered slightly to encourage people to get more points)

Platinum - Current Full Season ticket holders with cup top up - over 180 and current members

Gold - Current Full season ticket holders without a cup top up - 180 points and more

Silver - Loyalty points 180 and under - current half seasons and anyone with a precious season ticket or over 180 points.

Bronze - Anyone below 180 loyalty points

General sale

I understand though fans plough lots of money in via different areas..

Hibs tv
Club shop
Hospitality
Food
Hsl

These also need to be looked at where they fit in.

It's a work in progress but I still definitely feel it need tweaked.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Spend should fall into rewards scheme IMO of course.....Ticket points for attendance

Which of course would not effect the points scheme and would be a totally seperate thing. It would work providing it doesn't interfere with getting tickets.

DaveF
24-01-2016, 03:41 PM

And it's stupid IMO. Did I not say that earlier? :greengrin

I'll just keep buying my ST, attend the odd away game and if I don't get a ticket for the SC final then I'm going to kick up ****ing hell :greengrin

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 03:41 PM
I honestly don't mind this scheme as it does not stop me getting tickets but I am concerned that a number of posters are now saying that they now have no incentive to buy a season ticket.

Carheenlea
24-01-2016, 03:43 PM
The Loyalty Point Scheme was going to work just fine as a means of acknowledging match attendance at home and away to assist with fair ticketing distribution before bulldozing through point allocating for HSL membership without more careful consideration. Suggestions of other ways of points being allocated will muddy the scheme further and complicate further what should be a simple process.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 03:45 PM
I am all for some sort of system to reward fans who spend lots of money at the club and also make the effort to attend away games (even if money doesn't go to Hibs - it's great for the club to appreciate those who back the team on the road).

How this is done is the real challenge..the current system has inconsistencies for example not every away game counts for loyalty points.

It also seems old that those with more loyalty points will gain even more as they will always be in 1st wave. Like the rich getting richer.

Season tickets need to remain key here - lose these fans and we will have a real problem.

Do Hibs actually just use 5 brackets to sell tickets every time for example..

(Think the below would need altered slightly to encourage people to get more points)

Platinum - Current Full Season ticket holders with cup top up - over 180 and current members

Gold - Current Full season ticket holders without a cup top up - 180 points and more

Silver - Loyalty points 180 and under - current half seasons and anyone with a precious season ticket or over 180 points.

Bronze - Anyone below 180 loyalty points

General sale

I understand though fans plough lots of money in via different areas..

Hibs tv
Club shop
Hospitality
Food
Hsl

These also need to be looked at where they fit in.

It's a work in progress but I still definitely feel it need tweaked.

Not a bad idea but you could maybe award slighty more points for ctu as the fans are giving more money with a chance of no cup home games at all meaning they've spent £50-£60 more. If season ticket holder without the ctu then buys tickets for any home cup games then points are awarded accordinly to bring them up towards the level of a current ctu holder?

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 03:47 PM
And it's stupid IMO. Did I not say that earlier? :greengrin

I'll just keep buying my ST, attend the odd away game and if I don't get a ticket for the SC final then I'm going to kick up ****ing hell :greengrin

You calling me stupid like Ged did? :wink:

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 03:48 PM

Can you imagine the number of fans falling over each other after the game looking for discarded tickets in the hope that they strike it lucky. I would prefer a system whereby you could buy online and rather than print at home be able to scan the ticket image on your mobile phone at the turnstiles. I think some people have actually tried this and it worked.

This whole loyalty points ideas are getting crazier by the minute.

Onion
24-01-2016, 03:48 PM

See no problem in Hibs giving points for anything that generates revenue for the club (we all gain) AS LONG as it's a fraction of the points given for match attendance e.g. 1 point for every £50 spent in shop. Fans travelling to away matches will fork out £40 - 50 to follow the team, so 5 points seems reasonable. This is all about weighting and prioritising the right people.

And obviously, I want to be able to exchange my Tesco, Avios and Nectar points for Hibs points at some stage :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2016, 03:49 PM
The Loyalty Point Scheme was going to work just fine as a means of acknowledging match attendance at home and away to assist with fair ticketing distribution before bulldozing through point allocating for HSL membership without more careful consideration. Suggestions of other ways of points being allocated will muddy the scheme further and complicate further what should be a simple process.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

SunshineOnLeith
24-01-2016, 03:51 PM
[/B]

Can you imagine the number of fans falling over each other after the game looking for discarded tickets in the hope that they strike it lucky. I would prefer a system whereby you could buy online and rather than print at home be able to scan the ticket image on your mobile phone at the turnstiles. I think some people have actually tried this and it worked.

This whole loyalty points ideas are getting crazier by the minute.

About 5, maybe? 6, at a push?

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 03:52 PM
See no problem in Hibs giving points for anything that generates revenue for the club (we all gain) AS LONG as it's a fraction of the points given for match attendance e.g. 1 point for every £50 spent in shop. Fans travelling to away matches will fork out £40 - 50 to follow the team, so 5 points seems reasonable. This is all about weighting and prioritising the right people.

And obviously, I want to be able to exchange my Tesco, Avios and Nectar points for Hibs points at some stage :wink:

I point for £50. That's a thousand pound spend to get 20 points. I can see Rodders rubbing his hands already.

DaveF
24-01-2016, 03:52 PM
I honestly don't mind this scheme as it does not stop me getting tickets but I am concerned that a number of posters are now saying that they now have no incentive to buy a season ticket.

1 poster (albeit with 3 tickets) is all I can see. Personally, I can't imagine any Hibs fan, who can afford it, not renewing because they took the hump over loyalty points.

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 03:53 PM
About 5, maybe? 6, at a push?

No pushing allowed either.

Since90+2
24-01-2016, 03:55 PM
The problem with the points system being used for instance for the Hearts game is that about 5000 season ticket holders don't get a shot at a ticket until the 2nd wave and thus unlikely to get a ticket.

If you start a level of priority above season ticket holders you then have a real problem and not the petty squabbling going on over this messageboard. I would imagine a decent number of season ticket holders will purchase a ticket on the basis that they have at least parity with others for high demand matches. Even if 300 decided not to renew due to the new points system that equals a massive amount of cash to the club. I think the club will be very keen to avoid this and will act accordingly.

Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the support.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 03:56 PM
1 poster (albeit with 3 tickets) is all I can see. Personally, I can't imagine any Hibs fan, who can afford it, not renewing because they took the hump over loyalty points.

It's not the hump, it would be a rational decision if you previously bought your season ticket to get priority access to tickets and you now find that it does not give you that then you might take the very rational decision to give it a miss.
And it's not just one poster.

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2016, 04:01 PM
When we go up next season, myself and my mate Billy were going to purchase season tickets. I dont know about him yet, but i will just pay at the gate.

We will miss the televised games and any bonus of being in the pot for away games has gone.

No point buying one now.

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 04:01 PM
The problem with the points system being used for instance for the Hearts game is that about 5000 season ticket holders don't get a shot at a ticket until the 2nd wave and thus unlikely to get a ticket.

If you start a level of priority above season ticket holders you then have a real problem and not the petty squabbling going on over this messageboard. I would imagine a decent number of season ticket holders will purchase a ticket on the basis that they have at least parity with others for high demand matches. Even if 300 decided not to renew due to the new points system that equals a massive amount of cash to the club. I think the club will be very keen to avoid this and will act accordingly.

Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the support.

Surely this level of priority above season ticket holders is season ticket holders. :confused:

Since90+2
24-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Surely this level of priority above season ticket holders is season ticket holders. :confused:

Are all season ticket holders given the same priority for tickets?

The answer is currently no which is were the potential problem lies.

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Are all season ticket holders given the same priority for tickets?

The answer is currently no which is were the potential problem lies.

Obviously not. Are you suggesting that Hibs do away with points awarded for cup/away games?

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 04:09 PM
The new system has clearly diminished the value of a season ticket, which is unfortunate.

Since90+2
24-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Obviously not. Are you suggesting that Hibs do away with points awarded for cup/away games?

Season ticket holders , and that's all of them whether they attend away matches or not, need to be in the first wave of ticket sales for big games. If you take that away it diminishes the appeal of the ticket (not for all , or even the majority , but for it would for some) and then you have the issue.

DaveF
24-01-2016, 04:12 PM
It's not the hump, it would be a rational decision if you previously bought your season ticket to get priority access to tickets and you now find that it does not give you that then you might take the very rational decision to give it a miss.
And it's not just one poster.

Fair enough.

I guess I'm old fashioned as I thought we bought STs to financially support the club we love.

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2016, 04:14 PM
The new system has clearly diminished the value of a season ticket, which is unfortunate.

Not for me it hasn't,I have not been to an away game this season yet was in the first wave for priority.

marinello59
24-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Not for me it hasn't,I have not been to an away game this season yet was in the first wave for priority.

Those who didn't have a season ticket last year won't qualify. Or those who didn't buy the cup top up which paid off well this year in terms of games and loyalty points whether you went to the games or not.

Andy74
24-01-2016, 04:17 PM

It has. When this first came out it seemed that season ticket holders in general woukd always retain top priority.

That's not the way it has developed. So yes it has made the value of a season ticket for all those that can't go to as many away games diminished.

That's what I've said we need to watch.

Rewarding the loyalty of a few that can make all the games could come at a cost. I don't think it was a problem that needed sorted and if affects season ticket sales then it's a mistake.

lord bunberry
24-01-2016, 04:18 PM
I was the poster you're talking about. I'd like to make it clear I wouldn't be stopping my own season ticket(I've got enough points to be in the top bracket) I get another 2 season tickets for my Mrs and my daughter, they don't make it to quite a few games and now they don't get priority for away games. I have to ask myself is it worth buying them a season ticket.

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 04:19 PM
The other that needs to be sorted is trying to find a way to sit with an other at an away game or semi / final.

Not sure if this could be built in but 1 ticket per person makes it slower and harder to shift large amounts of tickets.

zolliehibs
24-01-2016, 04:20 PM
I think we'll see how the system properly works in its third season since a 3 year rolling period is its limit. By that point priority will be given to those who go to all away games as well, followed by those that have had 3 season tickets in a row, then 2 in the last 3 years etc...

It's probably never going to please anyone overall but its fairer than all current ST holders getting access to a small number of tickets, like at Ibrox or Tynecastle (if in the league next year and they only give us half the stand).

Also, although I did benefit from the 100 HSL points, I do agree with those saying its harsh that non-HSL shareholders didn't get the same gift.

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Those who didn't have a season ticket last year won't qualify. Or those who didn't buy the cup top up which paid off well this year in terms of games and loyalty points whether you went to the games or not.

I had a ST last year and didn't buy the cup top up this year,the value of my ticket has not diminished at all, my loyalty has been rewarded so I'm happy.

DaveF
24-01-2016, 04:25 PM
I was the poster you're talking about. I'd like to make it clear I wouldn't be stopping my own season ticket(I've got enough points to be in the top bracket) I get another 2 season tickets for my Mrs and my daughter, they don't make it to quite a few games and now they don't get priority for away games. I have to ask myself is it worth buying them a season ticket.

Your call and if priority tickets is a big thing for you then that's a choice you are entitled to make.

Clearly this issue does not work me up as much as others. I buy my ST to support the team at home and only make a few away games per season. I don't base my ST purchase on points.

Andy74
24-01-2016, 04:25 PM
I had a ST last year and didn't buy the cup top up this year,the value of my ticket has not diminished at all, my loyalty has been rewarded so I'm happy.

You cant be in first wave for Hearts game so it has diminished from what would have been the previous position.

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2016, 04:28 PM
You cant be in first wave for Hearts game so it has diminished from what would have been the previous position.

Yes I am so it has not diminished at all.consecutive ST's and attended all home cup games.

Andy74
24-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Yes I am so it has not diminished at all.consecutive ST's and attended all home cup games.

Okay. Get you but you previously would have had the priority without having to pay for the cup games.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 04:37 PM
My mate has a season ticket and had one last season as well and he is not in the first wave of tickets. That would not have happened under the old system.
The value of his season ticket has been diminished.
He's been a season ticket holder now for 20 years in a row but has a young family now and doesn't do away games. Seems a bit unfair that he has to lose out.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 04:39 PM
My mate has a season ticket and had one last season as well and he is not in the first wave of tickets. That would not have happened under the old system.
He's been a season ticket holder now for 20 years in a row but has a young family now and doesn't do away games. Seems a bit unfair that he has to lose out.

Well if he'd went to the home cup games Falkirk semi and the semi next week he'd have enough points so he must have missed games.

Nando™
24-01-2016, 04:39 PM
Previously:
Buy a ST = Always first priority for tickets for big games.

Now:
Buy a ST = Not necessarily going to get first priority.

Therefore, the value of a ST is reduced. Incontrovertible fact.

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 04:40 PM
All this loyalty points debate does is to show how important it is to renew your season ticket. I would have liked to see the second wave of sales for Tynecastle to start at 330 points enabling fans who have consecutive season tickets but under 391 points to have a better chance of getting a ticket. :tin hat:

Since90+2
24-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Previously:

Now:

:top marks

Billy Whizz
24-01-2016, 04:42 PM

He doesn't do away games, what's the problem then?

Blaster
24-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Previously:

Now:

Spot on. I think the first wave for the hearts cup tie was fine. However the 2nd wave should have been 360 for people with a season ticket for the last 2 years. 180 is too low

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Well if he'd went to the home cup games Falkirk semi and the semi next week he'd have enough points so he must have missed games.

Outrageous disloyalty.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Previously:

Now:

Previously:
No reward for fans that travel to all away games.

Now:
Fans that have shown loyalty by travelling to away games get rewarded by getting priority.

Being a loyal supporter isn't just about buying a season ticket for home games nowadays.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Outrageous disloyalty.

In terms of the points system it's working correctly then. Miss games and you drop down the pecking order.

DaveF
24-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Previously:

Now:
Fans that have shown loyalty by travelling to away games get rewarded by getting priority.

Being a loyal supporter isn't just about buying a season ticket for home games nowadays.

Oh, I think you'll find the club changing the loyalty points system if all us home ST's buyers decided to spit the dummy and stop buying.

Thankfully, we don't cry like babies over points and tickets :wink:

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Previously:

Now:

Not now that people who go to away games have designed a new system to reward people like them, right enough. [emoji23]

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2016, 04:49 PM
In terms of the points system it's working correctly then. Miss games and you drop down the pecking order.

Spot on, we either have a loyalty system that rewards loyalty or we have one that makes no sense.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Oh, I think you'll find the club changing the loyalty points system if all us home ST's buyers decided to spit the dummy and stop buying.

Thankfully, we don't cry like babies over points and tickets :wink:

That's likely to happen right enough.

DaveF
24-01-2016, 04:52 PM
That's likely to happen right enough.

You're right, it's not going to happen, because loyal fans who attend at home won't greet like 2 year old's about points :agree:

You crack on being an uber fan :greengrin

Nando™
24-01-2016, 04:53 PM
Previously:

Now:

I know, I'm only pointing out the effect on the value of a ST.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Not now that people who go to away games have designed a new system to reward people like them, right enough. [emoji23]

Cool story bro. What is your problem with fans that attend away games? You come across very resentful at fans that travel away. Are you jealous or something? You slagged us off the other day by calling the system an uber system for über fans. Now we've designed a new system to suit away fans? Complete rubbish and you live in a fantasy land controlled by hsl.....

Onion

:agree: Whenever Hibs set the bar for sales above 180 points they are likely to brass off some ST holders - and maybe their other ST pals as well as they'll be unable to buy seats together (in that wave). Looking ahead, if we get to the LC Final, Hibs really have to set the first wave bar to no higher than 180, as all Hell will break loose :cb.

marinello59
Previously:

Now:

Priority is fair, they should be higher up the order when it comes to the chance of getting a ticket. What we now have though is a small group being guaranteed a ticket for certain high demand games. That's a new thing. I benefit from it but I am not so sure, in terms of ST value, that it is the right thing to be doing. The system is fine in principle but it does need s few tweaks here and there.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 04:56 PM
You're right, it's not going to happen, because loyal fans who attend at home won't greet like 2 year old's about points :agree:

You crack on being an uber fan :greengrin

See you at Morton a week in Tuesday then.........?

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Can we cut out this uber fan nonsense?

DaveF
24-01-2016, 04:59 PM
See you at Morton a week in Tuesday then.........?

Nope. Get my daughter from her dancing on Tuesdays.

I've done all my away days and got all the badges, but sadly they didn't dish out super fan tags in those days. We were just normal fans :greengrin.

Family comes first now over non ER games.

Onion
24-01-2016, 05:00 PM

You could easily argue that those who have used their priority privilege should not be rewarded with more points (5 points for an away game) for attending those games. They've already had that benefit and should be excluded from the first phase sale for the next away match :greengrin

DaveF

You're right, my bad :aok:

iwasthere1972
:agree: Whenever Hibs set the bar for sales above 180 points they are likely to brass off some ST holders - and maybe their other ST pals as well as they'll be unable to buy seats together (in that wave). Looking ahead, if we get to the LC Final, Hibs really have to set the first wave bar to no higher than 180, as all Hell will break loose :cb.

180 points and above = 11,000 fans. Two tickets each and still some left over for wave two.

I know, I'm getting ahead of myself.

3pm
24-01-2016, 05:01 PM

It'd be better if the whole thread was cut out.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2016, 05:02 PM

:aok::agree:

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Cool story bro. What is your problem with fans that attend away games? You come across very resentful at fans that travel away. Are you jealous or something? You slagged us off the other day by calling the system an uber system for über fans. Now we've designed a new system to suit away fans? Complete rubbish and you live in a fantasy land controlled by hsl.....

Did you help design the system?

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Nope. Get my daughter from her dancing on Tuesdays.

I've done all my away days and got all the badges, but sadly they didn't dish out super fan tags in those days. We were just normal fans :greengrin.

Family comes first now over non ER games.

:rolleyes:

DaveF
24-01-2016, 05:05 PM
:rolleyes:

It's true though :agree:

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 05:05 PM

:agree:

Listen, don't mention the loyalty points! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. So It's all forgotten now, and let's hear no more about it.

Anyway I'm away to eat my Waldorf salad.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 05:06 PM
It's true though :agree:

Not anymore. :wink:

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 05:07 PM

Listen, don't mention the loyalty points! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. So It's all forgotten now, and let's hear no more about it.

Anyway I'm away to eat my Waldorf salad.

Yes, thank you major. :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
24-01-2016, 05:07 PM

I used to go to games with Ozyhibby back in the nineties and I think he's probably ticked off most away grounds if not all.

Maybe you should steer clear of making assumptions.

As for the loyalty points I genuinely don't see the problem. ST holders, on the whole, get priority. Every so often the club may use points as a sweetener for something else (e.g. the share issue). That's fine by me.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 05:09 PM
I used to go to games with Ozyhibby back in the nineties and I think he's probably ticked off most away grounds if not all.

Maybe you should steer clear of making assumptions.

As for the loyalty points I genuinely don't see the problem. ST holders, on the whole, get priority. Every so often the club may use points as a sweetener for something else (e.g. the share issue). That's fine by me.

Regardless if he attends games or not he should not be slagging off fans that go to games. I don't care if he went 20 years ago.

DaveF
24-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Regardless if he attends games or not he should not be slagging off fans that go to games. I don't care if he went 20 years ago.

Why not. Just because you don't like it?

If his posts offend so much, he'll be pretty much shot down by others I suspect. And I'm certain he's big enough to take it or defend his point of view.

Mibbes Aye
24-01-2016, 05:12 PM

I don't see where he has slagged off people for going to away games.

Maybe you should stop making things up as well as making assumptions :greengrin

Libby Hibby
24-01-2016, 05:18 PM

Well said 3pm

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Why not. Just because you don't like it?

If his posts offend so much, he'll be pretty much shot down by others I suspect. And I'm certain he's big enough to take it or defend his point of view.

Are you saying it's ok to slag off fans that go to games? :confused:

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 05:21 PM

I'm not slagging anybody off. Fans that go to games are what keeps the club going. I was just pointing out that the new system has elevated some season ticket holders into a new category of being guaranteed a ticket that did not exist before. I was curious if the people who designed the system fell into that category? Probably not.
I still attend the odd away game (5 so far this season) but usually pay at the gate when I get there and will still do it that way.
I have no personal interest in the loyalty scheme.
I'll duck out of the loyalty point debate now as I don't want the attacks on HSL to continue.

HH81
24-01-2016, 05:22 PM
HC make sure you take time off this thread to check your points are still showing on the ticket site. It might cheer you up.

Hours later and your still talking about it ha.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 05:24 PM

I don't see where he has slagged off people for going to away games.

Maybe you should stop making things up as well as making assumptions :greengrin

See above.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2016, 05:28 PM
What about a time out, and enjoy what we are witnessing on the park for a bit? :cb

Mibbes Aye
24-01-2016, 05:29 PM
See above.

That's not slagging people off for going to away games.

It's not really even slagging people off.

You said he was being resentful, had a problem with folk, suggested he was jealous etc but you can't back that up.

Why not just withdraw the comments gracefully?

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 05:32 PM
That's not slagging people off for going to away games.

It's not really even slagging people off.

You said he was being resentful, had a problem with folk, suggested he was jealous etc but you can't back that up.

Why not just withdraw the comments gracefully?

No i didnt. I asked him those questions. There's a difference.

iwasthere1972
24-01-2016, 05:32 PM
I've had it up to here with this loyalty points nonsense. In fact I no longer want mine and am looking to get rid of them. First come first served.

SausageSurprise
24-01-2016, 05:34 PM

It would be even better if all loyalty point talk was abolished from the site altogether

DaveF
24-01-2016, 05:38 PM
I think this one will be getting locked shortly if the bitching continues.

Andy74
24-01-2016, 05:38 PM
It would be even better if all loyalty point talk was abolished from the site altogether

Why's that?

It's a pretty fundamental change to the way that tickets have always been distributed and is a fairly big change to the value of a season ticket.

It also seems to have gone through one or two changes and it seems open to further changes.

It has also introduced a bit of a hassle for groups that want to book together.

It helps a small number of people that might not have had an issue anyway though.

I think it's natural that it will continue to be discussed.

SausageSurprise
24-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Why's that?

It's a pretty fundamental change to the way that tickets have always been distributed and is a fairly big change to the value of a season ticket.

It also seems to have gone through one or two changes and it seems open to further changes.

It has also introduced a bit of a hassle for groups that want to book together.

It helps a small number of people that might not have had an issue anyway though.

I think it's natural that it will continue to be discussed.

For what it's worth I think it's a great initiative as long as it remains for away tickets, NOT pies, BTG pints or whatever from the shop. All the in fighting we have seen because of the points is pretty pathetic. If anyone has any issue with the scheme then they should take it up with the club directly and not resort to some of the pathetic posts we've seen over the last few weeks

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2016, 05:48 PM
For what it's worth I think it's a great initiative as long as it remains for away tickets, NOT pies, BTG pints or whatever from the shop. All the in fighting we have seen because of the points is pretty pathetic. If anyone has any issue with the scheme then they should take it up with the club directly and not resort to some of the pathetic posts we've seen over the last few weeks

Pathetic post in your opinion, just because people disagree does not make their views pathetic.

I'm in the camp that thinks money spent that goes directly to Hibs should get loyalty points, and season tickets should no be devalued as they have been now.

Personally i'd scrap it.

Lee Marvin
24-01-2016, 06:00 PM
Season tickets have been devalued, that is what you call a fact.

Nobody can actually have an arguement against that. Nobody.

I'm beginning to believe system should be scrapped for this reason too. If we lose season tickets over this, the system is counterproductive.

Can I ask those who passionately believe in this scheme, how many times have you missed out on a game you wanted to attend?

Golden Bear
24-01-2016, 06:00 PM
I'd scrap it as well but still ensure that season ticket holders are given priority status in regard to the distribution of tickets.
There is surely a place for a form of smart membership card which would entitle the holder to cash discounts in BTG and the club shop. An adminstration fee would need to be charged to cover the setting up costs. An added attraction to holders of membership cards could be that they would be next in line to season ticket holders when it comes to the distribution of tickets .

DaveF
24-01-2016, 06:02 PM

I'm beginning to believe system should be scrapped for this reason too. If we lose season tickets over this, the system is counterproductive.

Can I ask those who passionatly believe in this scheme, how many times have you missed out on a game you wanted to attend?

I think that one's been asked a few times but I can't recall an answer coming back. Could be wrong though.

lucky
This is how Man Utd do there ticket distribution. I like the loyalty pot idea.
http://www.manutd.com/en/Tickets-And-Hospitality/Tickets-And-Hospitality-News/2015/Jul/Away-Games.aspx

Lee Marvin
I think that one's been asked a few times but I can't recall an answer coming back. Could be wrong though.

I wonder why nobody has responded....

Andy74
24-01-2016, 06:03 PM
I'd scrap it as well but still ensure that season ticket holders are given priority status in regard to the distribution of tickets.
There is surely a place for a form of smart membership card which would entitle the holder to cash discounts in BTG and the club shop. An adminstration fee would need to be charged to cover the setting up costs. An added attraction to holders of membership cards could be that they would be next in line to season ticket holders when it comes to the distribution of tickets .

Which to me is what the scheme at launch was about. A way for those below season ticket holders to get some form of priority above others in general sale.

It appears to have been taken over as a way to establish a group above general season ticket holders. Which I think is a problem.

marinello59
24-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Which to me is what the scheme at launch was about. A way for those below season ticket holders to get some form of priority above others in general sale.

It appears to have been taken over as a way to establish a group above general season ticket holders. Which I think is a problem.

I don't think it has been taken over by anything. It's still on its infancy and changes may need to be made. I've said I'd like to see it binned but in hindsight I reckon we should stick with it but improve it as required.

Billy Whizz
24-01-2016, 06:10 PM

Can I ask those who passionately believe in this scheme, how many times have you missed out on a game you wanted to attend?

You buy a season ticket to watch Hibs at home, don't you, I do. Things have changed over the years, we used to get League and Scottish cup games as part of our season ticket purchase, we don't now. The loyalty scheme is here to stay, might need some tweaks here and there, but the principle will remain the same

Hiber-nation
24-01-2016, 06:11 PM

Don't think there's anything that annoys me more on here.

Fans who attend away games should probably get even more priority although I'm happy with the scheme as it stands.

Libby Hibby
24-01-2016, 06:13 PM
I like the loyalty scheme idea, it's the fairest way for all ticket matches to be allocated.

Those wanting it scrapped, what would you replace it with?

Danderhall Hibs
24-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Previously:

Now:

:agree: it can be spun whatever way you like but the above are correct and the value of the ST has been diminished further.

Billy Whizz
24-01-2016, 06:17 PM
:agree: it can be spun whatever way you like but the above are correct and the value of the ST has been diminished further.

I don't get this "value has reduced" nonsense

lord bunberry
You buy a season ticket to watch Hibs at home, don't you, I do. Things have changed over the years, we used to get League and Scottish cup games as part of our season ticket purchase, we don't now. The loyalty scheme is here to stay, might need some tweaks here and there, but the principle will remain the same
What if you buy one now but know you're going to miss 4 or 5 games? You've still got the benefits of priority for away games, take that away and it becomes less attractive.

matty_f

Season ticket holders should get priority, imho. Whatever scheme we use, a season ticket holder should always have the opportunity of a ticket.

jodjam
24-01-2016, 06:18 PM

Absolutely. After 30+ years as a season ticket holder I will call it a day and walk up when not working.

Golden Bear
24-01-2016, 06:18 PM
I like the loyalty scheme idea, it's the fairest way for all ticket matches to be allocated.

Those wanting it scrapped, what would you replace it with?

I don't think you would need anything fancy. Simply a scheme whereby season ticket holders are prioritised before distribution goes out to a general sale. Back to what it used to be I guess - it was a lot simpler.

Danderhall Hibs
24-01-2016, 06:20 PM
I don't get this "value has reduced" nonsense

It's only nonsense if you've not thought about it or aren't affected by it.

It's already about the same to pay at the gate every week, now i don't get a chance at getting a ticket for tiny.

Be as well just paying at the gate when I fancy it.

What benefits does my ST bring me?

Billy Whizz
24-01-2016, 06:23 PM
It's already about the same to pay at the gate every week, now i don't get a chance at getting a ticket for tiny.

Be as well just paying at the gate when I fancy it.

What benefits does my ST bring me?
I've had a season ticket for 20 consecutive years, and not once have I bought it to get priority for away games.

I think it's also been mentioned in various threads, that if you were a season ticket holder last season and this, been to the home cup games and possibly one away game, you'd be in the priority for Tynie.

jodjam
24-01-2016, 06:28 PM
What if you buy one now but know you're going to miss 4 or 5 games? You've still got the benefits of priority for away games, take that away and it becomes less attractive.

This is my situation to for all the 3 tickets I buy. I buy early to support the club financially and to get first dibs on pbs etc

Billy Whizz
24-01-2016, 06:34 PM
This is my situation to for all the 3 tickets I buy. I buy early to support the club financially and to get first dibs on pbs etc

This place will go into meltdown next season when we go up. Budgie only giving away fans max 3 out of 5 blocks in the Roseburn. Looks like we'll only get around 2,000 tickets

Danderhall Hibs
24-01-2016, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=Billy Whizz;4559001]I've had a season ticket for 20 consecutive years, and not once have I bought it to get priority for away games.

I think it's also been mentioned in various threads, that if you were a season ticket holder last season and this, been to the home cup games and possibly one away game, you'd be in the priority for Tynie.[/QUOTE

Had ST for the last few years but not the top up and missed the pre season game and first league cup game cos I was on holiday - means I get chucked into batch 2.

Carheenlea
24-01-2016, 06:48 PM

I wonder why nobody has responded....

It would be easy for those who will not struggle for tickets to adopt an "I'm alright Jack" attitude and sit quietly on the sidelines without too much care about anyone else. There are strong and differing arguments with this subject, and those who favour a match attending point system are as entitled to argue as passionately as those who favour alternative measures to point accumulation/priority etc.

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Away games...

Am I correct saying some teams we play away do pay at gate ? Meaning no loyalty recorded for that away game.

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2016, 06:52 PM
It would be easy for those who will not struggle for tickets to adopt an "I'm alright Jack" attitude and sit quietly on the sidelines without too much care about anyone else. There are strong and differing arguments with this subject, and those who favour a match attending point system are as entitled to argue as passionately as those who favour alternative measures to point accumulation/priority etc.

Lee Marvin
24-01-2016, 06:53 PM
I've had a season ticket for 20 consecutive years, and not once have I bought it to get priority for away games.

I think it's also been mentioned in various threads, that if you were a season ticket holder last season and this, been to the home cup games and possibly one away game, you'd be in the priority for Tynie.

You are missing the point. You are describing you. Many people have already said they will stop getting one as they feel it doesn't benefit them.

If this is the way a few hundred feel, we have a problem.

Real Emerald
24-01-2016, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=Billy Whizz;4559001]I've had a season ticket for 20 consecutive years, and not once have I bought it to get priority for away games.

I think it's also been mentioned in various threads, that if you were a season ticket holder last season and this, been to the home cup games and possibly one away game, you'd be in the priority for Tynie.[/QUOTE

Had ST for the last few years but not the top up and missed the pre season game and first league cup game cos I was on holiday - means I get chucked into batch 2.

That's what happened to me too. ST holder for years but miss some games that I can't money back from. Now I miss a couple of cup games due to holidays and boom I lose the chance of first dibs on tickets. If my season ticket is more expensive than walk ups and I don't get the same priority perks I got before, the season ticket will get the boot.

I like others, think a loyalty scheme is a good way of rewarding walk up's that don't have season tickets but a season ticket should trump everything and there should be nothing higher.

I think they should have put the derby tickets on sale to ST holders on a first come first served basis.

Speedy
24-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Previously:

Now:

Conversely, everyone in the top tier has a season ticket so there is still value there.

The most loyal fans should get first option.

Pretty Boy
24-01-2016, 07:02 PM
Away games...

Am I correct saying some teams we play away do pay at gate ? Meaning no loyalty recorded for that away game.

All away games now have the option of advance purchase.

If someone chooses not to/can't do so then they miss out on loyalty points.

lord bunberry
24-01-2016, 07:24 PM
I will keep my own season ticket but just pay at the gate for my other 2.

lord bunberry
24-01-2016, 07:26 PM

No loyalty points were awarded for Raith away in the league.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2016, 07:28 PM
No loyalty points were awarded for Raith away in the league.

Raith never gave Hibs tickets for league game

BoomtownHibees
24-01-2016, 07:28 PM
All this talk about the diminished value of a season ticket makes no sense. Even though you are not in the first batch for away tickets, are you not still up against the same amount of folk going for tickets as if they went back to the old way? This meaning that you still have as much chance of getting a ticket?

If away games is your thing, then surely you would have enough points to be in the top group anyway no? Or is just because it's a cup game at Tynie that you feel you should be rewarded in the same way as someone who has been to every away game this season?

Eyrie
24-01-2016, 07:29 PM
I thought that a season ticket was worth more loyalty points than buying tickets for each home game individually?

The current system awards regular attendance by giving priority to those who attend the most matches. So someone who has a season ticket and attends away games deserves priority over someone who has a season ticket, but that second person still gets priority over everyone else. An irregular attender like me is low down the list, which is entirely correct.

I think a mistake was made in setting the HSL points so high, but going forward I'd be in favour of adding one point per full £10 spent in the clubstore or on Hibs TV. That won't make a huge difference but does acknowledge that those purchases go direct to Hibs. I'd draw the line at adding anything for spending on a pie etc simply for practicality reasons - the queues are bad enough without people wanting their loyalty card scanned.

Anyway, I'm off to claim the five points on offer for replying to this thread.

lord bunberry
24-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Raith never gave Hibs tickets for league game
:agree: I ordered tickets direct from Raith

guillaume
24-01-2016, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=Danderhall Hibs;4559011]

That's what happened to me too. ST holder for years but miss some games that I can't money back from. Now I miss a couple of cup games due to holidays and boom I lose the chance of first dibs on tickets. If my season ticket is more expensive than walk ups and I don't get the same priority perks I got before, the season ticket will get the boot.

I like others, think a loyalty scheme is a good way of rewarding walk up's that don't have season tickets but a season ticket should trump everything and there should be nothing higher.

I think they should have put the derby tickets on sale to ST holders on a first come first served basis.

I agree with these views too.
Season tickets are being devalued now they don't guarantee holders first priority for big games.

I'm happy for 'away' points to be available to ensure those who regularly travel get first priority for ibrox etc.
I'm happy for regular walk-ups to be recognised so they get second priority for semis & finals.
But I think we need to ensure that all season ticket holders - as the lifeblood of the club - are given first priority for tynie, semis and finals.

That keeps with the Hibs traditional system, and will help ensure people keep buying STs even if they can't make all the games.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 07:38 PM
:agree: I ordered tickets direct from Raith

As did I but you you never got any points for it.

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 07:39 PM

I don't think this is true for every AWAY game.

I also think the system will also see those with the highest points keep gaining even more as they always get 1st priority on away tickets. Where as the rest are playing catch up.

You will basically end up with around 2000 people a lot further ahead then others.

I think the only way those who still have a decent amount of points but not at the top get a chance to catch up if Hibs find a way to offer points for other purchases.

If the technology was there we all should get a membership card like a Nectar card and scan for all purchases in club shop / food / away trips - you can also use your ticket stub to add points where there aren't added - like using an old receipt to get your Tesco points.

Hibs should be looking at a club membership idea - though cost may limit this.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 07:42 PM
All this talk about the diminished value of a season ticket makes no sense. Even though you are not in the first batch for away tickets, are you not still up against the same amount of folk going for tickets as if they went back to the old way? This meaning that you still have as much chance of getting a ticket?

No. Under the old system with roughly 7000 season ticket holders and 3500 tickets you had a roughly 50% chance of a ticket.
Now, under the new system, about 3000 fans get first dibs. A 100% chance of a ticket.
This leaves 500 tickets to be divided among 4000 season ticket holders. A 12.5% chance of a ticket.

Figures are approx.

BoomtownHibees
24-01-2016, 07:44 PM
No. Under the old system with roughly 7000 season ticket holders and 3500 tickets you had a roughly 50% chance of a ticket.
Now, under the new system, about 3000 fans get first dibs. A 100% chance of a ticket.
This leaves 500 tickets to be divided among 4000 fans. A 12.5% chance of a ticket.

Figures are approx.

That's only if all 3000 in the first batch buy a ticket though which I would think is unlikely.

Carheenlea
24-01-2016, 07:45 PM
I don't think this is true for every AWAY game.

I also think the system will also see those with the highest points keep gaining even more as they always get 1st priority on away tickets. Where as the rest are playing catch up.

You will basically end up with around 2000 people a lot further ahead then others.

I think the only way those who still have a decent amount of points but not at the top get a chance to catch up if Hibs find a way to offer points for other purchases.

If the technology was there we all should get a membership card like a Nectar card and scan for all purchases in club shop / food / away trips - you can also use your ticket stub to add points where there aren't added - like using an old receipt to get your Tesco points.

Hibs should be looking at a club membership idea - though cost may limit this.

It will go in cycles I imagine, maybe over a couple of seasons, so the highest points tally's will still be relevant and gives people an equal chance to accumulate required thresholds.

wookie70
24-01-2016, 07:45 PM
The SC game at Tynecastle is a good example of where the loyalty points work. Whatever Hibs do demand will outstrip supply. We have 8000 or so ST holders bums looking at 3400 seats. Before loyalty points there would have been a big scramble with every ST holder having equal chance. That isn't a disaster but with loyalty pointsy the folk who have supported the Team, mostly at home, but also away, get some priority. That seems fair enough to me.

There are at least 4 perennially empty seats where I am that must be season ticket holders as I cannot purchase them. Should the season ticket holders who buy these seats, but don't come to any games, get the same chance of a ticket as someone who goes home and away. Not for me.

I am able to get a ticket in the first wave for the cup game v hearts but the three kids I take are not. They have all had season tickets the last two years, and been away from home too. They just miss out though as the league cup games were on school nights and that meant they were unable to attend. Not great for the bairns, but they are only losing out to Hibees who have been to more games. That seems reasonable to me.

Season Ticket purchase already gives you priority of your seat at ER for every game including cup games, even if you don't get the top up or usually go to home cup games. That is the main reward for the ST. After that it gets you a big chunk of points for premium games. The games with limited tickets are always away from ER. This is the case at smaller grounds and Ibrox as well as big SC ties. Those most likely not to get a ticket tend not to go to away games. Again that seems fair enough.

We have a demand for tickets. That is a very good thing. We just have to get used to the fact that we all can't get a ticket for every game. To keep "uber fan" status you have to keep going to games. These guys and girls have earnt the right to get first dibs on tickets away from ER. Those, who like me, don't go to all the away games should applaud our fellow fans for their loyalty when they get to buy tickets for Ibrox etc.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 07:47 PM
That's only if all 3000 in the first batch buy a ticket though which I would think is unlikely.

I'm confident they will take 2950 of them at least.

lord bunberry
24-01-2016, 07:48 PM
As did I but you you never got any points for it.
I know, that's what I said :greengrin

Real Emerald
24-01-2016, 07:48 PM

If away games is your thing, then surely you would have enough points to be in the top group anyway no? Or is just because it's a cup game at Tynie that you feel you should be rewarded in the same way as someone who has been to every away game this season?

In replying to your post I'm not trying to be cheaky so please don't take it that way. But, it really doesn't matter what you think if season ticket holders feel their ticket has been devalued. If that season ticket holder doesn't renew, there is no point in any argument about them not being devalued. We will end up with a higher group of fans who always get priority and season ticket holders getting pissed of about it. When they don't renew the scheme will have back fired. That is really the be all and end all to the argument.

SausageSurprise
24-01-2016, 07:50 PM
We have a demand for tickets. That is a very good thing. We just have to get used to the fact that we all can't get a ticket for every game. To keep "uber fan" status you have to keep going to games. These guys and girls have earnt the right to get first dibs on tickets away from ER. Those, who like me, don't go to all the away games should applaud our fellow fans for their loyalty when they get to buy tickets for Ibrox etc.

Well said sir

Lee Marvin
24-01-2016, 07:50 PM
This leaves 500 tickets to be divided among 4000 fans. A 12.5% chance of a ticket.

Figures are approx.

Baffling how people do not get this.

The people who seem to be most in favour of this scheme are those with the most points and those opposed generally are those in second tier. This is logical. However, how many games someone has missed because they couldn't get a ticket has still not been discussed!!? (Despite it being asked a few times)

This is crucial to the debate imo

BoomtownHibees
24-01-2016, 07:51 PM
In replying to your post I'm not trying to be cheaky so please don't take it that way. But, it really doesn't matter what you think if season ticket holders feel their ticket has been devalued. If that season ticket holder doesn't renew, there is no point in any argument about them not being devalued. We will end up with a higher group of fans who always get priority and season ticket holders getting pissed of about it. When they don't renew the scheme will have back fired. That is really the be all and end all to the argument.

You missed "end of"

Real Emerald
24-01-2016, 07:53 PM
You missed "end of"

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Hibs should offer higher loyalty points for fans who buy their Season Tickets early on for the new season.

I still think Hibs kids (future fans) suffer in this system - a 15 year old for example - old enough to go on their own but for various reasons can't always make away games (can't drive and parents won't let them travel outside Edinburgh possibly with a friend).

Also can't make evening cup games (so don't buy cup top up) as they have school the next day for example also.

Come the derby they have no chance to see Hibs play.

I remember when I was 15 a ST holder I was able to get a ticket - saw us win and one of the best memories being a Hibs fan.

Lee Marvin
24-01-2016, 07:55 PM

This is exactly where I am.

If we start losing season ticket holders because of this, the scheme has failed. It seems this may happen judging by the numerous threads over the past week.

ronaldo7
24-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Hibs should offer higher loyalty points for fans who buy their Season Tickets early on for the new season.

I still think Hibs kids (future fans) suffer in this system - a 15 year old for example - old enough to go on their own but for various reasons can't always make away games (can't drive and parents won't let them travel outside Edinburgh possibly with a friend).

Also can't make evening cup games (so don't buy cup top up) as they have school the next day for example also.

Come the derby they have no chance to see Hibs play.

I remember when I was 15 a ST holder I was able to get a ticket - saw us win and one of the best memories being a Hibs fan.

This would be the early season give away 100 points sir. Ta

The mid season give away would be when HSL are struggling for numbers, 100 points sir.

The end of season give away will be more frugal however. A pint in the Hibs Club sir. Cheers.

Billy Whizz
24-01-2016, 07:58 PM
This leaves 500 tickets to be divided among 4000 season ticket holders. A 12.5% chance of a ticket.

Figures are approx.

Priorities have changed when Hibernian introduced a loyalty scheme.
The 8 year old I take will fall down the pecking order in a few weeks when the HSL points are added to other fans. I can hardly ask his mum, a single mother for more money on top of his season ticket and away tickets!

For the record, I'm 100% behind HSL

Danderhall Hibs
24-01-2016, 07:59 PM
I'm confident they will take 2950 of them at least.

They will - and if they're not going they'll sell their ticket on to one of us lower regarded ST holders (or maybe even a day tripper) and keep the loyalty points. I know of a couple of folk that will be doing this.

ronaldo7
24-01-2016, 08:01 PM
The 8 year old I take will fall down the pecking order in a few weeks when the HSL points are added to other fans. I can hardly ask his mum, a single mother for more money on top of his season ticket and away tickets!

So am I Billy, but it seems the lads/lassies (season ticket holders) who can't attend midweek matches due to school hours will miss out on the away tickets for Tiny et al.

We are restricting our future fans imo.

Billy Whizz
24-01-2016, 08:02 PM
So am I Billy, but it seems the lads/lassies (season ticket holders) who can't attend midweek matches due to school hours will miss out on the away tickets for Tiny et al.

I'm with you on this, his mum won't let him go to midweek matches, too late on a school night

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 08:03 PM

Yup - Hibs kids are being disadvantaged - these are the future fans also.

Many fans were taken to games (home or away) by parents - our away support will turn into older people and younger ones will miss out getting a taste of some Hibs away games.

ronaldo7
24-01-2016, 08:04 PM
I'm with you on this, his mum won't let him go to midweek matches, too late on a school night

Back to the bairns standing outside the pubs with a bottle of juice and a bag o crisps...If they're lucky.:aok:

Billy Whizz
24-01-2016, 08:06 PM
Back to the bairns standing outside the pubs with a bottle of juice and a bag o crisps...If they're lucky.:aok:

Ronnie I'm not that old to remember this😀

marinello59
24-01-2016, 08:06 PM

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 08:07 PM
They should just put all high priority games on an auction side and auction off the 3000 etc - I am sure some folk would pay over the odds and Hibs make some decent money. Though that would price out those possibly with lower income...

ronaldo7
24-01-2016, 08:07 PM
Ronnie I'm not that old to remember this

:fibber:

Lee Marvin
24-01-2016, 08:08 PM

This is an important point. With the scheme the 'rich get richer' thus making it much harder for the younger generation to attend and experience big away games. I doubt I'd love hibs as much as I do if I'd not been pished in the roseburn about 20 times

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 08:11 PM
The annoying thing about all this discussion is the demand for away tickets to certain venues but our home crowds still need to increase drastically !!!

We need to find more ways to get fans to ER - success in in any competition this season would help that.

Billy Whizz
24-01-2016, 08:12 PM
The annoying thing about all this discussion is the demand for away tickets to certain venues but our home crowds still need to increase drastically !!!

We need to find more ways to get fans to ER - success in in any competition this season would help that.

Great point, any suggestions

hfc rd
24-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Will loyalty points even be considered for non ST holders on who is eligible to purchase a ticket if for example the Scottish Cup game against Hearts in two weeks finished as a draw?

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Great point, any suggestions

Win the league...or a cup..

Next season lower the price...just a little...give more loyalty points for an buying early

Then price goes up to normal and same amount as this season of loyalty points given?

Have different prices for different areas? Central - End of Stand etc ?

Buy a ST - recommend a friend and get discount on your ticket or a voucher to spend in club store.

More ST benefits - Meet the players day / East Mains tours / Stadium tours / ST discounts in club shop or at food outlets.

I am sure some is paid to do this job...

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Years ago when supply outstripped demand for Liverpool cup final tickets at Wembley, priority to ST holders was decided by season ticket serial numbers, ie, all those with season ticket serial numbers ending in a 6 could buy first, then a couple of days later another number would be announced, no idea how they picked which numbers went first but it took away any feeling of another ST holder getting priority over you when it was just considered luck of the draw.

ronaldo7
24-01-2016, 08:32 PM
Years ago when supply outstripped demand for Liverpool cup final tickets at Wembley, priority to ST holders was decided by season ticket serial numbers, ie, all those with season ticket serial numbers ending in a 6 could buy first, then a couple of days later another number would be announced, no idea how they picked which numbers went first but it took away any feeling of another ST holder getting priority over you when it was just considered luck of the draw.

How many scousers turned their ticket upside down and demanded a Wembley ticket.:wink:

Billy Whizz
24-01-2016, 08:32 PM

Or turned up at the TO in a white suit

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2016, 08:34 PM
How many scousers turned their ticket upside down and demanded a Wembley ticket.:wink:

Plenty I would imagine, especially for the 84 & 86 Finals against Everton :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Or turned up at the TO in a white suit

I think you have a white suit fetish mate :greengrin

Billy Whizz
24-01-2016, 08:36 PM
I think you have a white suit fetish mate :greengrin

I was in Torremolinos last week

lord bunberry
24-01-2016, 08:38 PM
My Mrs and my daughter are 50 points behind me for this very reason. It's not that they don't want to go, it's because they can't.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 09:10 PM
My Mrs and my daughter are 50 points behind me for this very reason. It's not that they don't want to go, it's because they can't.

It will be a shame for the club to lose two season ticket holders over this. [emoji22]

Danderhall Hibs
24-01-2016, 09:28 PM
It will be a shame for the club to lose two season ticket holders over this. [emoji22]

Strange comment from a guy that's constantly pushing everyone to spend more on the club.

B.H.F.C
24-01-2016, 09:36 PM
So people feel a season ticket is devalued and aren't going to renew as they don't get first dibs on tickets for certain games. Yet by not renewing they are only pushing themselves further down the order.

I think the points system is here to stay. I think its a straightforward concept, although I would agree the club need to be careful not to move the goalposts with it as it runs. I go every week so I benefit from it but I think, in this day and age, having something like this in place is much better than having to queue at ER for tickets at silly o'clock in the morning, as would likely be the case for the forthcoming Derby.

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 09:43 PM
The best thing Hibs have done for a while is the online ticketing and print at home :agree::thumbsup:credit for sorting that out :aok:

SneakersO'Toole
24-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Baffling how people do not get this.

The people who seem to be most in favour of this scheme are those with the most points and those opposed generally are those in second tier. This is logical. However, how many games someone has missed because they couldn't get a ticket has still not been discussed!!? (Despite it being asked a few times)

This is crucial to the debate imo

Nobody is answering this question because the answer is obvious. The 300-400 or so who travelled home and away before the scheme will have never missed out on a ticket, because the scenarios where tickets were in such high demand were so infrequent. Now we have a system where these same people are being rewarded for their attendance but by a consequence other fractions of the support are divided and worse yet, others are questioning their ST commitment.

As it stands there appears to be more negatives being born from this system than positives. Ultimately if meaningful numbers of ST holders start backing off because of this scheme then it should be scrapped or overhauled, regardless of the wishes of the away support contingent. Harsh on them but even they would surely understand that ST money surely means more to the club than attendance at away grounds.

SneakersO'Toole
24-01-2016, 09:49 PM
I go every week so I benefit from it but I think, in this day and age, having something like this in place is much better than having to queue at ER for tickets at silly o'clock in the morning, as would likely be the case for the forthcoming Derby.

You don't need a loyalty system to avoid the days of old with 4am queues. Online ticketing have solved that. Just saying.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Strange comment from a guy that's constantly pushing everyone to spend more on the club.

It's entirely in line with my wish for the club to bring in as much money as possible. I don't want the club to lose any season ticket holders. I want the club to encourage more people to become season ticket holders.

B.H.F.C
24-01-2016, 09:55 PM
You don't need a loyalty system to avoid the days of old with 4am queues. Online ticketing have solved that. Just saying.

You still get queues online as well. And on the phones. With the loyalty system I don't need to worry about being too far back in the queue and missing out.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 09:56 PM
You still get queues online as well. And on the phones. With the loyalty system I don't need to worry about being too far back in the queue and missing out.

I'm alright Jack. [emoji23]

Onion
24-01-2016, 10:00 PM
So people feel a season ticket is devalued and aren't going to renew as they don't get first dibs on tickets for certain games. Yet by not renewing they are only pushing themselves further down the order.

I think the points system is here to stay. I think its a straightforward concept, although I would agree the club need to be careful not to move the goalposts with it as it runs. I go every week so I benefit from it but I think, in this day and age, having something like this in place is much better than having to queue at ER for tickets at silly o'clock in the morning, as would likely be the case for the forthcoming Derby.

That might be the case for some, but the main complaint is that the current ST has been devalued. I'd be amazed if this was Hibs intent and don't remember a whole lot of debate and argument among ST holders about the previous "first come" system. So, it appears that in trying to reward the most loyal (who probably didn't really need rewarded anyway), the club has annoyed some ST holders - the very people they say are the life-blood of the club.

Clearly, access to big game tickets is not the main reason for buying a ST, but without question it has been a very valuable, tangible benefit over the last 5 or 6 years with Hibs reaching play offs and so many Semis and Finals. Perception is also important and those current ST holders with 180 - 200 points have had something taken away - first wave access. You can try dress that up any way you like, but that's the fact.

Lee Marvin
24-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Nobody is answering this question because the answer is obvious. The 300-400 or so who travelled home and away before the scheme will have never missed out on a ticket, because the scenarios where tickets were in such high demand were so infrequent. Now we have a system where these same people are being rewarded for their attendance but by a consequence other fractions of the support are divided and worse yet, others are questioning their ST commitment.

As it stands there appears to be more negatives being born from this system than positives. Ultimately if meaningful numbers of ST holders start backing off because of this scheme then it should be scrapped or overhauled, regardless of the wishes of the away support contingent. Harsh on them but even they would surely understand that ST money surely means more to the club than attendance at away grounds.

Exactly this. I can also see more negatives than positives, this thread clearly highlights this.

SneakersO'Toole
24-01-2016, 10:04 PM

That's fine. I wouldnt necessarily disagree that if you have been home and away all season that you don't deserve that. But we have a system currently that potentially is starting to alienate ST holders. If this manifests itself further, then the current set up is wrong and needs scrapped/changed.

Lee Marvin
That might be the case for some, but the main complaint is that the current ST has been devalued. I'd be amazed if this was Hibs intent and don't remember a whole lot of debate and argument among ST holders about the previous "first come" system. So, it appears that in trying to reward the most loyal (who probably didn't really need rewarded anyway), the club has annoyed some ST holders - the very people they say are the life-blood of the club.

Clearly, access to big game tickets is not the main reason for buying a ST, but without question it has been a very valuable, tangible benefit over the last 5 or 6 years with Hibs reaching play offs and so many Semis and Finals. Perception is also important and those current ST holders with 180 - 200 points have had something taken away - first wave access. You can try dress that up any way you like, but that's the fact.

Spot on

B.H.F.C

Clearly, access to big game tickets is not the main reason for buying a ST, but without question it has been a very valuable, tangible benefit over the last 5 or 6 years with Hibs reaching play offs and so many Semis and Finals. Perception is also important and those current ST holders with 180 - 200 points have had something taken away - first wave access. You can try dress that up any way you like, but that the fact.

I don't disagree that benefit has been taken away. But I also believe that someone who regularly attends home and away should have priority over someone who purely attends at home.

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Hopefully LD or the club / fans reps read this thread and take into consideration the various concerns.

You will never please everyone and it's a work in progress but ST holders and getting annoyed and possible younger fans missing out isn't ideal..

SneakersO'Toole
24-01-2016, 10:07 PM
Is the Hearts game the first game this season that loyalty points have really come into play seriously? Certainly the first time it has created this much discussion.

Genuine question, of the 300-400 who follow hibs home and away how many of them wouldn't have got a ticket for this match under the old system?

BoomtownHibees
24-01-2016, 10:07 PM
That's fine. I wouldnt necessarily disagree that if you have been home and away all season that you don't deserve that. But we have a system currently that potentially is starting to alienate ST holders. If this manifests itself further, then the current set up is wrong and needs scrapped/changed.

If these season ticket holders were even semi-regulars at away games then they would be in the top batch for tickets anyway. Is it because it's a cup game at Tynecastle that folk now think "aw that's no fair, I want to go to that one" having never bothered about an away game all season?

SneakersO'Toole
24-01-2016, 10:09 PM
If these season ticket holders were even semi-regulars at away games then they would be in the top batch for tickets anyway. Is it because it's a cup game at Tynecastle that folk now think "aw that's no fair, I want to go to that one" having never bothered about an away game all season?

Totally missing the point of my and others posts.

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 10:11 PM

Hibs would rather have sell outs every week with Season Ticket holders than worry about how many fans turn up to away games.

Away game fans are important also - often the real die hards but really Hibs don't get much benefit except vocal support.

ST holders are vital for this club and income. They need to make people want to buy a ticket.

ronaldo7
24-01-2016, 10:11 PM

:agree: I already know of two families who are not getting a season for their child next season due to the system and the points difference between the parent and child that has happened this season (due to matches played on school nights). They've decided to keep them enrolled in the Hibs kids where they get 5 matches for £15 and will take them to other matches as they see fit. East standers at £85 for a kids ticket.

It's their choice I suppose, but it will cost Hibs.

Lee Marvin
24-01-2016, 10:12 PM

That's not technically true. I'm a season ticket holder this year and a semi regular away attender. I'm not eligible. Why?

I never had one last year. So, has my season ticket been devalued compared to the old system?

B.H.F.C
24-01-2016, 10:12 PM

Come the summer if we have a large number of people not renewing for this reason, then of course it's something the club would need to look at. But half season ticket sales increased our number of season ticket holders by about 10% so at the moment it doesn't appear to be that much of a hindrance. Of course that might change but that's hypothetical at the moment.

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Come the summer if we have a large number of people not renewing for this reason, then of course it's something the club would need to look at. But half season ticket sales increased our number of season ticket holders by about 10% so at the moment it doesn't appear to be that much of a hindrance. Of course that might change but that's hypothetical at the moment.

Hibs need to plan ahead and can't risk fans not renewing.

They should be looking across the city and making fans realise we need to do our part and increase our crowds.

Success and ideally promotion or most ideal winning the league will 100% boost sales. It's so vital fans continue to come to ER and grow the current crowds and do their part to get us promoted.