PDA

View Full Version : Travel Hibs v Morton

aussie_hibee
24-01-2016, 07:22 AM
I'm back on Monday for personal reasons and would like to go to the Morton game on the Tuesday.

I'll be on my own and just wonder if anyone could give advice on going through, buses running, trains etc.

Cheers,

Garin

Keith_M
24-01-2016, 07:27 AM
It's really easy to get to by train.

Edinburgh to Glasgow Queen Street - walk down to Glasgow Central - train heading for Gourock but get off at Cartsdyke, which is only a few minutes from the ground.

EDIT: Just to clarify, if you want a wee drink before the game, then head into Greenock on the train, as the area around the Stadium is a bit of a wasteland. You could then get a train back towards Cartsdyke, although I don't think they run all that often, so I'd check the times first.

aussie_hibee
24-01-2016, 07:32 AM

Edinburgh to Glasgow Queen Street - walk down to Glasgow Central - train heading for Gourock but get off at Cartsdyke, which is only a few minutes from the ground.

EDIT: Just to clarify, if you want a wee drink before the game, then head into Greenock on the train, as the area around the Stadium is a bit of a wasteland. You could then get a train back towards Cartsdyke, although I don't think they run all that often, so I'd check the times first.

:aok:

Keith_M
24-01-2016, 07:38 AM

No problems Bud, I hope you have a great day out.

Pretty Boy
24-01-2016, 07:42 AM
Keep an eye out for a thread with info about buses running, I'd imagine one will appear this week.

With it being a Tuesday there may be 1 or 2 extra spaces due to people being unable to make because of work.

northeast hibby
24-01-2016, 09:33 AM
I'm back on Monday for personal reasons and would like to go to the Morton game on the Tuesday.

I'll be on my own and just wonder if anyone could give advice on going through, buses running, trains etc.

Cheers,

Garin

how long you back for Garin ......

Doug in sunny Johner...

Jones28
24-01-2016, 10:03 AM
Keep an eye out for a thread with info about buses running, I'd imagine one will appear this week.

With it being a Tuesday there may be 1 or 2 extra spaces due to people being unable to make because of work.

Was going to say there's bound to be a bus going through for it, I'm sure somebody can squeeze you on.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 10:38 AM

Cheers,

Garin

You do know that Morton away is Tuesday the 2nd of February and not Tuesday the 26th oh January?

Borderhibbie76
24-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Anyone know if you can PATG for this one, I didnt have a ticket for the original fixture??

greenginger
24-01-2016, 12:42 PM
You do know that Morton away is Tuesday the 2nd of February and not Tuesday the 26th oh January?

Don't go this Tuesday whatever you do . There could be a few Govan knuckle-draggers still wandering the streets from their game on Monday night. :greengrin

aussie_hibee
24-01-2016, 01:11 PM

Yeah, just realised how I wrote it makes it seem like that. Back on the 26th until the 8th.

Cheers everyone, hopefully manage to get through.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Yeah, just realised how I wrote it makes it seem like that. Back on the 26th until the 8th.

See poster Baldy Foghorn, he may have space on his bus. :aok:

Stanton
24-01-2016, 04:29 PM

Greenock Central station is about 4 minutes journey beyond Cartsdyke Station ( Cappielow ).
There are plenty of bars and pubs just outside Greenock Central .
The Glasgow trains taking you back to Cartsdyke ( 4 mins ) are every 20 mins.
There is one boozer at Cappielow ( The Norseman ) but it is situated at the Sinclair Street end which is the opposite end of the Ground from the " Wee Dublin " end where we are located.....though I don't think that should present any real problems

hibeesboii
25-01-2016, 07:48 AM
Will there be tickets on sale for this or is there a patg?

Hiber-nation
25-01-2016, 08:21 AM
Will there be tickets on sale for this or is there a patg?

Pay at the gate, no more tickets on sale but tickets already purchased are still valid.

Wonder how many we've sold and what the capacity is.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets/away

Maybe the thread title could be changed to Morton v Hibs?

hibeesboii
25-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Pay at the gate, no more tickets on sale but tickets already purchased are still valid.

Wonder how many we've sold and what the capacity is.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets/away

Maybe the thread title could be changed to Morton v Hibs?
Cheers for that. Think I'll go through and hopefully get a ticket on the night then.

eastcoasthibby
25-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Cheers for that. Think I'll go through and hopefully get a ticket on the night then.

Looking for 2 tickets for away game at Morton , anyone with tickets from original game but not able to get through to this ...happy to buy them of you
Cheers

Hermit Crab
25-01-2016, 03:23 PM

Looking for 2 tickets for away game at Morton , anyone with tickets from original game but not able to get through to this ...happy to buy them of you
Cheers

It's Pay At The Gate..

JIm
25-01-2016, 03:37 PM

As has been said mate there will be a few buses heading through no doubt. I travel on East Lothian bus so will be looking to tie in at Deer Park for this one (purely down to where I work).

Sure you will get sorted out :thumbsup:

itslegaltender
25-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Not able to go to the re arranged game, now have two tickets available, pm me.

Billy Whizz
25-01-2016, 05:12 PM
It's Pay At The Gate..

I know, but if he buys from a Hibs fan who can't go, that's great. Could end up Morton getting more cash. They should be getting as little as we can give them, for putting us all in an uncovered area

Baldy Foghorn
25-01-2016, 06:56 PM

Cheers,

Garin

I've sent you a PM Garin

Hermit Crab
25-01-2016, 07:20 PM
I know, but if he buys from a Hibs fan who can't go, that's great. Could end up Morton getting more cash. They should be getting as little as we can give them, for putting us all in an uncovered area

Really? :confused: Its the only area they can give us.

Billy Whizz
25-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Really? :confused: Its the only area they can give us.

Rangers fans are in the covered seating area tonight as well

KWJ
25-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Seems Zombie Rangers are getting rather fortuitous so far at Cappielow tonight.