PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Annoucer For Next Week

hfc rd
24-01-2016, 02:43 AM
Not that it really bothers me as I couldn't care less who it is but does anyone know who the stadium announcer at the PBS is going to be next weekend? A guy sitting behind me at the game mentioned it was going to be that yam roaster Scott Wilson?

If so, then winning next week will be even more sweeter and give that yam roaster a little preview on what's going to be coming his way on February 7th at 12.30pm.

HappyHibby93
24-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Would imagine that it will be Scott Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
24-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Scott Wilson.

Glory Lurker
24-01-2016, 01:50 PM
Oh barry :rolleyes:. Will we get the usual "derby legends" guff at half time, too?

Treadstone
24-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Calls himself a broadcaster on his Twitter bio.

wookie70
24-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Can't stand him but that probably means he does his job for his employer very well. The one at ER is pretty dull. There was a game he didn't do this year and I thought his replacement was excellent.

Diclonius
24-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Scott Wilson did the last semi at Tynecastle. If I remember correctly he sounded far more excited announcing St Johnstone's goal than any of our three.

24-01-2016, 02:12 PM
Scott Wilson epitomizes everything it means to be a yam - obsessed with turning everything and anything hearts do into a dig at hibs, classless and generally a completely arrogant, unfunny ****er. Typical yam - more obsessed with trying get one over on hibs than anything else.

sauzeelegod
24-01-2016, 02:22 PM
He's a trumpet of a laddie. I was at the hertz v Everton pre season friendly at the beginning of the season ( Everton end) and he made a comment along the lines of "welcome Everton to the home of Edinburgs big team" utter cringeworthy behaviour.

Sir David Gray
24-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Can't stand him but that probably means he does his job for his employer very well. The one at ER is pretty dull. There was a game he didn't do this year and I thought his replacement was excellent.

I'm surprised you can even hear him to be able to pass any comment.

We have a terrible PA system.

wookie70
24-01-2016, 02:31 PM

Crystal clear in the West Upper, unfortunately

24-01-2016, 02:34 PM
He's a trumpet of a laddie. I was at the hertz v Everton pre season friendly at the beginning of the season ( Everton end) and he made a comment along the lines of "welcome Everton to the home of Edinburgs big team" utter cringeworthy behaviour.

The man seems utterly incapable of stringing a sentence together than doesn't involve having a dig at hibs in some way. Fair enough on derby day having a bit of banter to get the crowd going, i sometimes wish hibs would do this a bit more when hearts come to ER, but clearly hibs are just part of his every match day patter. Rather strange seen as we are supposedly the "insignificant wee team".

Pretty Boy
24-01-2016, 02:37 PM

I'd imagine most Everton fans were either not listening or totally bemused by such a comment.

They play in a city with a really big team.

Jones28
24-01-2016, 02:39 PM

We really do, I was in the east and I couldn't hear a word he said.

Sir David Gray
24-01-2016, 02:47 PM
We really do, I was in the east and I couldn't hear a word he said.

I'm in the east stand as well and I haven't a clue what the guy is saying every week.

CorrieHibs
24-01-2016, 02:57 PM
2 of my mates went to Hearts v Rangers last season in hospitality. Both Rangers fans. Said Scott Wilson was embarrassing. Must of mentioned that Scottish cup final at least 5 times giving it the 5-1 nonsense. Absolute sad act.!

frazeHFC
25-01-2016, 12:46 AM
He's annoying but he certainly knows how to wind us up at derbies and get the home fans going. Having to listen to him 2 weeks running what a joy...

jgl07
25-01-2016, 02:03 AM
I support Edinburgh Monarchs Speedway team and we have to put up with the ******** every Friday.

Scott Wilson is an absolute trumpet

TAHibby
25-01-2016, 02:06 AM
Hopefully will get to enjoy announcing plenty Hibs goals

Greencore
25-01-2016, 03:04 AM
Wonder if they will play glory glory to the hibees if we win. Like Easter road done when hertz won against ict, the hearts song was played...

Spike Mandela
25-01-2016, 08:04 AM
Just ignore him, starting by deleting this thread. Don't give him the satisfaction.

Bostonhibby
25-01-2016, 08:15 AM
To be fair imagine your job being entirely dependant on appealing to the average yam by churning out the same simple phrases week in week out.

It certainly worked for Romanov.

Salt N Sauzee
25-01-2016, 08:36 AM
He's annoying but he certainly knows how to wind us up at derbies and get the home fans going. Having to listen to him 2 weeks running what a joy...

He certainly doesn't

chrisski33
25-01-2016, 09:21 AM
Im surprised anyone pays any attention to any announcers at stadiums theu all talk nonsense or u cannae hear them (like ours)

JimBHibees
25-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Isnae a bad lad for a jambo, just doing a job.

tanfield
25-01-2016, 10:11 AM

This!

Albanian Hibs
25-01-2016, 10:20 AM

Doesn't wind me up at all.

lyonhibs
25-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Just ignore him, starting by deleting this thread. Don't give him the satisfaction.

:agree: :agree:

It's his job to make Hibs fans think he's a roaster/trumpet or whatever. Doesn't really bother me, in fact I'd love for us to get out the 6-2 or 0-7 team on the pitch at ER and wind them up a bit.

Granted, we don't have an "on call" Club "legend" that is quite such an irritating, racist (allegedly) bellend as Gary "Medals" MacKay to call on, but I'm ok with that.

SunshineOnLeith
25-01-2016, 11:37 AM
He's good at his job.

RCNG
25-01-2016, 01:21 PM
I'd imagine most Everton fans were either not listening or totally bemused by such a comment.

They play in a city with a really big team.

He said "Edinburghs's premier club". Can't argue with that. Still a P***k though.

Hibernia&Alba
25-01-2016, 01:26 PM
What a bawbag he is; always tries to wind us up and seems obsessed with Hibs. Don't give him the satisfaction of letting him annoy you.

25-01-2016, 01:32 PM
:agree: :agree:

It's his job to make Hibs fans think he's a roaster/trumpet or whatever. Doesn't really bother me, in fact I'd love for us to get out the 6-2 or 0-7 team on the pitch at ER and wind them up a bit.

Granted, we don't have an "on call" Club "legend" that is quite such an irritating, racist (allegedly) bellend as Gary "Medals" MacKay to call on, but I'm ok with that.

I'd be delighted if our announcer on derby days was willing to wind them up a bit more, it would certainly be enjoyable for us home supporters. But if every week he was constantly referencing hearts even though we weren't playing them, I'd start to find that very boring and irritating.