PDA

View Full Version : Inverness v Hertz

Stanton1972
24-01-2016, 01:37 AM
This game kicks off at 12.30 next week and on tv so you can imagine loads of pubs round Tyne will be showing this with a good few of them turning up with their putrid tops on, has no one even thought about this for next weeks semi final ??
This could cause mayhem in gorgie next week!!

Frazerbob
24-01-2016, 01:47 AM
This game kicks off at 12.30 next week and on tv so you can imagine loads of pubs round Tyne will be showing this with a good few of them turning up with their putrid tops on, has no one even thought about this for next weeks semi final ??
This could cause mayhem in gorgie next week!!

It's been covered in the Marcos/Semi Pubs thread. Police, public and and fans all very aware of yeh situation.

lyonhibs
24-01-2016, 06:07 AM
Why, out of interest, could this "cause mayhem"?

Are we the Old Firm circa 1995?? Some shouting and chest bumping from a few orangutans on either side perhaps, but "mayhem"?

I doubt it especially, as Frazerbob says, measures have preemptively been taken.

Carheenlea
24-01-2016, 06:46 AM
There was plans afoot for maybe a couple of pints in our home town of Peebles then heading to Tynecastle, but there are some Hearts fans here who might be in the pub to watch the lunchtime KO from Inverness, so looks like that plan will be scuppered.

Zazu62
24-01-2016, 08:20 AM
There was plans afoot for maybe a couple of pints in our home town of Peebles then heading to Tynecastle, but there are some Hearts fans here who might be in the pub to watch the lunchtime KO from Inverness, so looks like that plan will be scuppered.

Why not?

Pretty Boy
24-01-2016, 08:29 AM
I'm playing football in the morning, heading to Marcos afterwards with a few of the football boys for a few beers then heading for Tynecastle.

I don't envisage any mayhem in that and if people are sensible then there really shouldn't be any.

SausageSurprise
24-01-2016, 08:39 AM
It's the police ****ing themselves as per usual

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 08:44 AM
It's the police ****ing themselves as per usual

Sounds like the fans are the ones who are worried.

Can people not handle their drink or enjoy the day being Hibs fans ?

You would need to be a pretty thick Jambo to hang about when 12,000 Hibs fans are in the area. While there may be some of them - I hope both sets of fans behave.

SausageSurprise
24-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Sounds like the fans are the ones who are worried.

Can people not handle their drink or enjoy the day being Hibs fans ?

You would need to be a pretty thick Jambo to hang about when 12,000 Hibs fans are in the area. While there may be some of them - I hope both sets of fans behave.

Sorry I don't buy why a Jambo should avoid there local to watch there team on television just because we are in town

GreenCastle
24-01-2016, 09:19 AM
While they may want to go watch their team play in their local - I doubt they will be stupid enough to wear a full hearts kit / scarf which would just encourage Hibs fans to say something.

Again it comes down to basic behaviour and I'm hoping the Hibs fans who go next week act with a bit of class and that's inside and outside the stadium.

Sir David Gray
24-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Whilst I certainly don't expect any "mayhem" I can't believe that we are playing our semi final at Tynecastle on the same day that Hearts are playing live on television.

Whoever organised that needs their head looked.

Pretty Boy
24-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Whilst I certainly don't expect any "mayhem" I can't believe that we are playing our semi final at Tynecastle on the same day that Hearts are playing live on television.

Whoever organised that needs their head looked.

It was organised by those that run Scottish football.

Once the liquid lunch details were sorted and Celtic were given the kick off time they wanted there wasn't time to think about any other logistics.

Sir David Gray
24-01-2016, 10:22 AM
It was organised by those that run Scottish football.

Once the liquid lunch details were sorted and Celtic were given the kick off time they wanted there wasn't time to think about any other logistics.

Can you imagine Celtic being allowed to play a semi final at Ibrox on the same day that Sevco are live on TV, or vice versa?

Not a chance.

Jones28
24-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Can you imagine Celtic being allowed to play a semi final at Ibrox on the same day that Sevco are live on TV, or vice versa?

Not a chance.

I think it's more to do with there being a massive proportion of their supporters who would attack each other in the street without provocation. If most Hibs fans see a hearts top they think nothing of it, and vice versa.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-01-2016, 11:00 AM

Spot on, think I'll just stay in the house all day - just in case ;-)

Jack
24-01-2016, 11:26 AM
I would imagine most of the Yams locals will be local to their house rather than to gorgie.

Spike Mandela
24-01-2016, 12:11 PM
If Inveness beat them there could be a few drunk, bitter and deflated Jambos wandering around, not to mention a few drunken taunting Hibs fans firing off 'the banter'. What could possibly go wrong?:cb

we are hibs
24-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Don't worry guys. Id imagine all 300'000 of them will travel up to Inverness after their impressive result today.

broondog
24-01-2016, 03:16 PM
"Cause mayhem" - not enough facepalms for this. have to admit this place is getting more and more ridiculous by the day.

chinaman
24-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Sorry I don't buy why a Jambo should avoid there local to watch there team on television just because we are in town
You can join the yaks be friendly
If you like...even give them a sausage surprise😲

lyonhibs
24-01-2016, 04:06 PM

Not a chance.

No indeed, and the differences between the 2 sets of fans (or rather 4) that that infers is something we should be proud of, no?