PDA

View Full Version : Cummings & Stokes given?

Glorious St Pat
23-01-2016, 09:16 PM
Think Cummings was way too greedy today - is he a given to start alongside Stokes - impressed with his attitude today? Or does Keatings get a look in? Can see Fom being on the bench.

Hail hail

Hermit Crab
23-01-2016, 09:18 PM
]Think Cummings was way too greedy today[/B] - is he a given to start alongside Stokes - impressed with his attitude today? Or does Keatings get a look in? Can see Fom being on the bench.

Hail hail

Not just today, needs to lift his head more and pass instead of trying to beat a man 3-4 times. I'd like to see Stokes and Dagnall.

harpo
23-01-2016, 09:25 PM
What? Drop our highest scorer for an unknown...wow!

Ozyhibby
23-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Cummings will start with Stokes.
We have yet to see a goal threat from Dagnell.
Keatings and Malonga have both already shown that they are not as prolific as Jason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
23-01-2016, 09:27 PM

There is a lot of craziness going on these days.

Hermit Crab
23-01-2016, 09:35 PM
There is a lot of craziness going on these days.

In your opinion.....

Hermit Crab
23-01-2016, 09:36 PM

Just my opinion. Not asking you to like it.

portycabbage
23-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Think Cummings was way too greedy today - is he a given to start alongside Stokes - impressed with his attitude today? Or does Keatings get a look in? Can see Fom being on the bench. Hail hail I think Cummings tended to try to beat one too many defenders today, but did well in being positive and at least beating a couple before the point where he should have passed! Laid on goal for Mcginn as well IIRC.

DaveF
23-01-2016, 09:39 PM
I think Cummings tended to try to beat one too many defenders today, but did well in being positive and at least beating a couple before the point where he should have passed! Laid on goal for Mcginn as well IIRC.

Yep, I agree with that. Some poor decision making but showed great desire and urgency from the off and set a good tone for the way the match panned out.

Golden Bear
23-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Personally I doubt if AS would last a full 90mins. He was brought on at the right time today and I think it will be the same next week.

Onceinawhile
23-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Cummings made the wrong decision quite a few times, trying to take players on instead of shooting/passing and vice versa. But drop him? No chance he's one of the few players we have with the ability to pick the ball up and force the issue.

He might not have scored today, but when did he last go two games without a goal? JC starts every week unless injured imo.

Unseen work
23-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Hahaha one poor game and people want him dropped. Unreal

iwasthere1972
23-01-2016, 09:48 PM
These thread titles are getting very cryptic.

Ronniekirk
23-01-2016, 09:59 PM
I think for the first time we may now have players that could form a front two partnership Exactly what the best pairing is am not sure even Stubbs will know this for certain so we may see him play different combinations during games?Exciting times Ahead
Malonga was the player to lose out today and if he is going to be fifth choice striker can see him being unhappy about that so if a bid did come in for him he could move on ,but would still like to keep him as on his day he offers something different

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
23-01-2016, 10:07 PM
Just my opinion. Not asking you to like it.

I don't understand your dislike for our top scorer, it's evident on every thread.

lord bunberry
23-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Hahaha one poor game and people want him dropped. Unreal

****ing madness is what it is

The_Horde
23-01-2016, 10:09 PM
I think he will be dropped. 2 games he's missed opportunities good strikers would score in. He'll come back in, but jase still clearly has much to learn.

truehibernian
23-01-2016, 10:18 PM
I think he will be dropped. 2 games he's missed opportunities good strikers would score in. He'll come back in, but jase still clearly has much to learn.

If anyone is dropped it'll be Dom - cup game needs everyone firing, last few games even when he scored he's languid - Dom won't start next week it's a given. I'd start same 3 today - can't ask for a better bench than Dom, Stokes and Keatings.

lord bunberry
23-01-2016, 10:27 PM

He also scored in one of those games. Only on here could we suggest the answer to our goalscoaring problems would be to drop the only guy who has consistently scored goals for 2 seasons

Golden Bear
23-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Jealously is a terrible thing! 'Mon our very own JC superstar.!

familyman
23-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Think Cummings was way too greedy today - is he a given to start alongside Stokes - impressed with his attitude today? Or does Keatings get a look in? Can see Fom being on the bench.

Hail hail
Good substitutions ,and despite a VERY poor defensive tackle resulting in the loss of a goal,the team otherwise worked their socks off .The lack of a cutting edge was evident ,but when we went direct and at pace we showed what we all know, we can win and win well......keep that pace and drive going and we will have little to worry about....
It was a shame we were on tender hooks after that silly free kick ,but the heads never went down and Keatings and Stokes looked the part as a link up duo....No fault re Cummings just still learning his trade and making some errors in decision making perhaps..but that is how you learn..he is an asset .

lord bunberry
23-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Jason Cummings baby Jason Cummings oh oh oh

B.H.F.C
23-01-2016, 10:36 PM

3 in his last 3 games before today. An assist today. The boy is struggling eh.

Greenworld
23-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Cummings will start with Stokes.
We have yet to see a goal threat from Dagnell.
Keatings and Malonga have both already shown that they are not as prolific as Jason.

As the manager said after the game he has been playing keatings out of position ...I believe he has lots to offer if played up front through the middle ....you never know he may well be the perfect foil for stokes

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
23-01-2016, 10:39 PM
3 in his last 3 games before today. An assist today. The boy is struggling eh.

This whole thing reminds me of the time when the experts on here said fletcher was too one footed. Imbeciles

Libby Hibby
23-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Jason Cummings baby, Jason Cummings whoa oh oh oh 🎶

lord bunberry
23-01-2016, 10:41 PM
As the manager said after the game he has been playing keatings out of position ...I believe he has lots to offer if played up front through the middle ....you never know he may well be the perfect foil for stokes

He won't because he doesn't score as many goals as Cummings

Greenworld
23-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Well not from right midfield I agree not saying he will or would score more but he is a very good player....

lord bunberry
23-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Jason Cummings baby, Jason Cumming whoa oh oh oh 🎶
Jason Cummings oh oh oh

Col2
23-01-2016, 10:48 PM
If Stokes has a good week training, double sessions etc then I can see Stubbs taking a calculated risk with him for first 60 mins and then replace with Dagnall. Cummings is out top scorer by a mile and has movement and energy. He is a certain starter in my opinion.

Given St Johnstone have drawn two and lost four of last 6 games, scoring one....I would say us starting with Stokes would make them seriously worried!!

Regardless he is 100% starting against the gimps from across the road and he will run riot against that defence!

DH1875
23-01-2016, 10:55 PM
Don't think you can start both against STJ. Would have no problems going with them against most of this league though.

silverhibee
23-01-2016, 11:18 PM

I think he misses Deek. :greengrin

monktonharp
23-01-2016, 11:34 PM
Cummings will be first on the team list next week, of that I am certain. Dagnall or Dagnall alongside, then Dagnall and a combination of Dag/Dagnall as the game goes on. If we're chasing it, sling the lot on :greengrin

stevie-bee
23-01-2016, 11:40 PM
Heard Jason has been down at Rotherham having a look around ,
He is not leaving this window maybe in the summer , he is waiting to see what happens with hibs get promoted new contract

marinello59
23-01-2016, 11:43 PM
He is not leaving this window maybe in the summer , he is waiting to see what happens with hibs get promoted new contract

Where did you hear that?

stevie-bee
23-01-2016, 11:49 PM
One of his mates

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2016, 11:49 PM

I see dead people.

silverhibee
24-01-2016, 12:13 AM

I've heard that's not true.

stevie-bee
24-01-2016, 12:21 AM
Only telling what I heard ,
One of mates who is a jambo went to school with him ,

silverhibee
24-01-2016, 12:22 AM
I see dead people.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/6GPb1t1WMsoeZbTM4vs_fA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NTQwO2g9MjQ1/http://l.yimg.com/cd/diminuendo/1.0/original/0d120a259b85a8d31ce2f63f5eaf5f40c000c989.gif

Thecat23
24-01-2016, 12:23 AM
Not just today, needs to lift his head more and pass instead of trying to beat a man 3-4 times. I'd like to see Stokes and Dagnall.

Dropping our top goal scorer would be a bit daft right now. Jason can be greedy but he's more likely to score than any of the other strikers we have apart from Stokes!

Libby Hibby
24-01-2016, 07:10 AM
In the big games, Jason has always produced be it The Rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd this season and in games where we have needed a goal, he often pops up.

It would be insane to rest him with the run of games we have coming up IMO.

We were too reliant on him, I've expressed this in the past but not now with what we have now at our disposal up front. It keeps the 5 of them on their toes, if they want to play, they need to play well, quite simple really.

Alex Trager
24-01-2016, 07:18 AM
This whole thing reminds me of the time when the experts on here said fletcher was too one footed. Imbeciles

To be fair he still very much is too one footed.

But with regard to jase you have my backing.

Crazy times

Alex Trager
24-01-2016, 07:24 AM
In the big games, Jason has always produced be it The Rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd this season and in games where we have needed a goal, he often pops up.

It would be insane to rest him with the run of games we have coming up IMO.

We were too reliant on him, I've expressed this in the past but not now with what we have now at our disposal up front. It keeps the 5 of them on their toes, if they want to play, they need to play well, quite simple really.

Jason will start of that there is no doubt.

He had a poor game yesterday, although I would say the crowd got on at him a bit too easy/soon yesterday when he should have shot in the second half and 75% of the ground went radge. I thought that was harsh. It led to him taking a shot from jokes out the next time he had a clear sight of goal.

He'll start because he's a brilliant goal scorer. He always makes himself very busy, dropping deep to link up play for example.

Keith_M
24-01-2016, 08:09 AM
Cummings and Stokes up front with Keatings and Dagnal just behind.

We'll be winning games 7-3, 5-2, etc

:greengrin

lucky
24-01-2016, 08:21 AM
I thought JC did OK yesterday. He was a lot more involved than normal. He did miss a good chance but that happens to all strikers. He'll learn of of Stokes and Dagnall. Our squad has a bit of depth so AS will rotate then strikers in the coming months

hibbypostie
24-01-2016, 10:23 AM

aye his pass for the McGinn goal was shocking eh lol

easty
24-01-2016, 10:37 AM
****ing madness is what it is

:agree:

Cummings should always play. He's a proper goalscorer, who's having a great season.

Danderhall Hibs
24-01-2016, 10:39 AM
aye his pass for the McGinn goal was shocking eh lol

That was one - there were a few other times when he ran blindly into bodies.

He's got a lot of potential but has lots to learn - hopefully Dagnall and Stokes can bring him on.

overdrive
24-01-2016, 10:44 AM
I'd start with Cummings and Malonga next week and bring Stokes on with 30 mins to go. We seem to score a lot of late goals and Stokes would be perfect for that.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Cummings isn't just a great goal scorer, he's a great player as well. He is always hungry to get on the ball, brave enough to take players on in the final third and he gets into great positions. And he is getting better all the time.
He's the hottest property in Scottish football right now for a reason.
Luckily Stubbs knows this and once both are fit, Stokes and Cummings will play up front.
And anyone who thinks they won't be able to make a good partnership is crazy as well. Stokes is a very creative player, who has a lot more to his game than just goals. Just ask Gary Hooper if Stokes is a good strike partner.

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Cummings is always going to lose the ball more than ANYONE else in the team. The reason is he will be taking players on in the final third or in the box where space is tight.

He scores goals, he lays them on, he is a bit greedy, Messi's not coming.

Enjoy him while he's here.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2016, 10:58 AM
Cummings is always going to lose the ball more than ANYONE else in the team. The reason is he will be taking players on in the final third or in the box where space is tight.

Speaking of Messi, he has lost the ball more than any other player in the Spanish league for the last 6 seasons in a row for the very same reasons you speak of.

s.a.m
24-01-2016, 11:02 AM

:aok::agree:

Jones28
24-01-2016, 11:09 AM
Felt sorry for Jason yesterday, but he was always hungry and wanting the ball which is the mark of a good player.

Could see him getting frustrated towards the end of the match, I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did as it just wasn't going to happen for him.

hibbysam
24-01-2016, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't start Stokes next week, the match has the potential to go to extra time and penalties and I feel Dagnalls running for 60/70 minutes and workrate could cause massive problems and if we are still level at that point stokes to come on and find masses of space, he would be a massive player if it went into Extra Time however he wouldn't last 120 minutes if he started.

FromTheCapital
24-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Oxley
Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson
McGeouch
Fyvie
McGinn
Henderson
Stokes
Cummings

That would be my team :aok

Keith_M
24-01-2016, 12:44 PM
Maybe we're gonna switch back to the good old days of the 50s and play a 2-3-5 formation.

225-EasterRd
24-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Would like to see stokes and Cummings with dagnall in behind them.

hibbypostie
24-01-2016, 01:20 PM
seriously if you think cummings should be dropped the you can never post anything again and expect to be take seriously

GreenArmy1875
24-01-2016, 01:53 PM
Cummings Dagnall and Stokes would be my first choice

rcarter1
24-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Jason will start of that there is no doubt.

He had a poor game yesterday, although I would say the crowd got on at him a bit too easy/soon yesterday when he should have shot in the second half and 75% of the ground went radge. I thought that was harsh. It led to him taking a shot from jokes out the next time he had a clear sight of goal.

He'll start because he's a brilliant goal scorer. He always makes himself very busy, dropping deep to link up play for example.

:agree: Too many lose the head when a player - in a split second of decision time - ends up making the apparently wrong decision. Cummings is great for us, and it will be very interesting to see how him and Stokes can do when playing together. Keatings Malonga and Dagnall also bring different options. Great position for Stubbs to be in.

Unseen work
24-01-2016, 02:22 PM
Imo yesterday watching Cummings was like him trying to show that he is still the main man type of thing.

dont change your game or try be different now stokes is in. He has been fantastic since his debut playing his own way, keep learning and he will be a fantastic player.

Nutmegged
24-01-2016, 06:35 PM
Jason is greedy, that shouldn't shock anyone, most natural goalscorers are, he's still learning his trade though but he is doing so while scoring goalsnat a very good rate, Cummings will continue to be our main striker with Stokes the link up forward

edwards
24-01-2016, 06:53 PM
If Stokes has a good week training, double sessions etc then I can see Stubbs taking a calculated risk with him for first 60 mins and then replace with Dagnall. Cummings is out top scorer by a mile and has movement and energy. He is a certain starter in my opinion.

Given St Johnstone have drawn two and lost four of last 6 games, scoring one....I would say us starting with Stokes would make them seriously worried!!

Regardless he is 100% starting against the gimps from across the road and he will run riot against that defence!

Would agree with this Cummings looked frustrated yesterday and needs to pass a little more but goes far too deep to get the ball at times, Cummings and Stokes for me up front, Dagnell won't want to spend time on the bench along with Keatings and Malonga. It's time to do something about it set up more goals and get some yerself onwards and upwards.

JimBHibees
24-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Actually thought a lot of his play yesterday was sharp however some of his decision making wasn't great. These things happen. He is excellent in the big games so IMO will score on Saturday and v Hearts.