PDA

View Full Version : Dylan

Billy Whizz
23-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Anyone know why he was missing today? Big player for us and would love him fit for the next few games

FromTheCapital
23-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Precaution for next week.
Slight niggle - no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hfc rd
23-01-2016, 08:10 PM

Good. Was worried when I didn't seem him in the pre-match warm up as got a big run of games coming up now.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2016, 08:13 PM

I really hope that's the case.

Zazu62
Didn't miss him tho. Wouldn't start him next week. Would play the exact same team with the only possible change stokes for dagnall

SonOfDavidFrancey
Kicked from one end of Falkirk to the other last week by Houston's hammer throwers

Billy Whizz
23-01-2016, 08:14 PM

Good news, where did you hear this from

brianmc
23-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Didn't miss him tho. Wouldn't start him next week. Would play the exact same team with the only possible change stokes for dagnall

Thought we missed his tempo/drive massively today in the pedestrian midfield. If he's fit next week I'd have him straight back in the team.

KWJ
23-01-2016, 08:23 PM
I'd keep Bartley in the team and pick between Dylan and Fyvie for the semi.

Really harsh on Dagnell to be dropped but you've gotta have Stokes in there and sadly can't see where Malonga gets into the team. Jase could do with a big game.

Really tough team to pick for Stubbs, in a good way fortunately.

Aldo
23-01-2016, 08:27 PM
Dylan is an absolute must next week IMHO.

His drive and willingness to take the ball forward is an absolute must for us especially against St Johnstone.

He'll start

truehibernian
23-01-2016, 08:28 PM

DM is a terrific player - problem we have is we don't have a settled midfield but today provided balance - next weekend I'd definitely stick with Bartley as Saints have a weak midfield physically. Liam Craig is a nice player but his index finger has stronger muscles than his biceps - Wotherspoon and Craig can easily be nullified.

Plus I think they're very very weak down their right flank - Lewis, Dagnall, McGinn and Henderson - field day !

Billy Whizz
23-01-2016, 08:30 PM

Really harsh on Dagnell to be dropped but you've gotta have Stokes in there and sadly can't see where Malonga gets into the team. Jase could do with a big game.

Think Bartley is one for the derby,

truehibernian
23-01-2016, 08:31 PM

His drive and willingness to take the ball forward is an absolute must for us especially against St Johnstone.

He'll start

I wouldn't Aldo - today's set up was ideal - very creative and front foot.

DM likes to take, turn, and give. I think a cup tie next week needs verve and 'in the face' football - I genuinely think Hibs could take this game by the scruff and win it early - the O'Halloran stuff is unsettling their squad.

Jugular - go for it - same team as starting today for me.

Aldo
23-01-2016, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't Aldo - today's set up was ideal - very creative and front foot. DM likes to take, turn, and give. I think a cup tie next week needs verve and 'in the face' football - I genuinely think Hibs could take this game by the scruff and win it early - the O'Halloran stuff is unsettling their squad. Jugular - go for it - same team as starting today for me.

I see where your coming from TH but Stubbs likes Dylan.

Tough choices ahead for Stubbs mate but good choices and problems to have IMHO!

truehibernian
23-01-2016, 08:49 PM
I see where your coming from TH but Stubbs likes Dylan.

Tough choices ahead for Stubbs mate but good choices and problems to have IMHO!

Can you imagine Rae's face today when he saw our subs ? I'd imagine Tommy Wright would be the same seeing Dylan, Stokes, et al on the bench - for me Dagnall has to play. He caused so many unforced errors it was magic !

I've been annoyed this year at our lack of pressing especially in a league technically poor - we have to press from the start and if we do we'll score earlier - our strikers up til now have been good but they don't press. Loved the way Dagnall did and it occupied them.

My dilemma is Stokes - some say 'no brainer' playing him, I'm still thinking great sub to bring on......I'd seriously go with same starting formation today - played best in a while.

JIm
23-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Quality player, quality missus 😂🇳🇬

truehibernian
23-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Quality player, quality missus 😂🇳🇬

Aye she's not bad eh

Aldo
23-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Can you imagine Rae's face today when he saw our subs ? I'd imagine Tommy Wright would be the same seeing Dylan, Stokes, et al on the bench - for me Dagnall has to play. He caused so many unforced errors it was magic ! I've been annoyed this year at our lack of pressing especially in a league technically poor - we have to press from the start and if we do we'll score earlier - our strikers up til now have been good but they don't press. Loved the way Dagnall did and it occupied them. My dilemma is Stokes - some say 'no brainer' playing him, I'm still thinking great sub to bring on......I'd seriously go with same starting formation today - played best in a while.

I'll trust your judgement on this TH as I wasn't there today.

TBH the vast majority of PL teams would love to have some of our players.

They will still be dangerous and should not be underestimated but if we play to our potential and ability we should cause them more problems than they cause us

matty_f
23-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Dylan was brilliant against Falkirk and i'd have expected him to keep his place today had he been fit.

Brilliant dilemma for Stubbs to have - thus is exactly why you build a good squad.

23-01-2016, 09:16 PM

He'll start

Totally agree.

Gatecrasher
23-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Kicked from one end of Falkirk to the other last week by Houston's hammer throwers
And St mirren weren't much better today, glad we got through it without any major issues

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-01-2016, 10:05 PM
I thought Bartley struggled at times today. I've been impressed with him so far but not today. I would absolutely have Dylan in for him if fit next week

AlbertK86
23-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Thought we missed his tempo/drive massively today in the pedestrian midfield. If he's fit next week I'd have him straight back in the team.

Agree I'd have him back in next week but harsh on today's midfield saying they were pedestrian. Tempo was a lot better than many other games this season

SON OF PADDY
23-01-2016, 10:23 PM

Absolutely "top player"
if fit he must start.

truehibernian
23-01-2016, 10:44 PM
Agree I'd have him back in next week but harsh on today's midfield saying they were pedestrian. Tempo was a lot better than many other games this season

Midfield was far from pedestrian - same team next week, really well balanced - could have scored 7 today !

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2016, 10:46 PM

Bartley over Dylan...no danger mate sorry

Dashing Bob S
23-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Anyone know why he was missing today? Big player for us and would love him fit for the next few games

Because the line ups they are-a changin.

Greenworld
23-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Can you imagine Rae's face today when he saw our subs ? I'd imagine Tommy Wright would be the same seeing Dylan, Stokes, et al on the bench - for me Dagnall has to play. He caused so many unforced errors it was magic !

I've been annoyed this year at our lack of pressing especially in a league technically poor - we have to press from the start and if we do we'll score earlier - our strikers up til now have been good but they don't press. Loved the way Dagnall did and it occupied them.

My dilemma is Stokes - some say 'no brainer' playing him, I'm still thinking great sub to bring on......I'd seriously go with same starting formation today - played best in a while.
However missed a barrow load of chances as a team....think stokes would have scored a few more

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2016, 10:58 PM

Dashing Bob S
23-01-2016, 11:00 PM

I think Bartley might be needed there as it will be a physical game, but I'd have McGeough start every time as first pick.

Bishop Hibee
23-01-2016, 11:05 PM
Hopefully he's back for the semi. Bartley back in for 3-5-2 v Hertz.

truehibernian
23-01-2016, 11:05 PM

I'd absolutely start Bartley over Dylan - did you ever see Liam Craig win a physical battle at Hibs ?

Onceinawhile
23-01-2016, 11:07 PM
Dylan or thommo over Bartley v St Johnstone

Bartley is so limited it's horrible. Two foot passes at best. But he's a beast.

Bartley and Dylan v hearts.

truehibernian
23-01-2016, 11:08 PM
I'd absolutely start Bartley over Dylan - did you ever see Liam Craig win a physical battle at Hibs ?

Both Craig and Wotherspoon are utter saps / they hate a physical game - Bartley, Fyvie and McGinn will absolutely nullify their midfield

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2016, 11:12 PM
No but one his day Dylan imo is our best player deffo up there with Mcginn. ..if fit he plays and I think Stubbsy will agree with that. I like Bartley too but it was his clumsy tackle that let st midden back in game today

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

gorgie greens
24-01-2016, 07:36 AM
agree but he would be in my team instead of Fyfie, although Fyfie has been better the last 2 games,
nice dilema for Stubbs to have and the same up front .

Alex Trager
24-01-2016, 07:55 AM
Quality player, quality missus [emoji23][emoji1184]

Pic?