PDA

View Full Version : Parking near Tynecastle

Hibby70
23-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Any recommendations for parking near the Wheatfield on Saturday? Taking the old man whose hips have seeing better days so need to keep the distance down as much as poss.

Are the side streets generally free for parking.

Could ask some Yams but not sure you can trust such people.

Twiglet
23-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Any recommendations for parking near the Wheatfield on Saturday? Taking the old man whose hips have seeing better days so need to keep the distance down as much as poss.

It's Monday to Friday parking there. Maybe best on the opposite side of Gorgie Road. Don't know what the restrictions are on match days. Wheatfield Road is really near the entrance so it might be no parking, especially with the brewery needing access.

Can ask the more sensible jambo at work on Monday.

Alfred E Newman
23-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Any of the streets above Slateford Rd and a short walk to the ground.

MoscowHibs
23-01-2016, 07:20 PM

Try this : https://www.justpark.com/

scoopyboy
23-01-2016, 07:21 PM

Started work at Wheatfield Road in 1976 mate and know the whole area like the back of my hand, you will struggle.

Your best bet would be to park in the Sainsbury car park, it's not too far from there. Don't know their rules on times however.

Twiglet
23-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Started work at Wheatfield Road in 1976 mate and know the whole area like the back of my hand, you will struggle.

Your best bet would be to park in the Sainsbury car park, it's not too far from there. Don't know their rules on times however.

They do say something like 2 hours, but people park there when at Murrayfield and I've never seen anyone getting a ticket. If it's the spaces at the far end by the path I don't know if they bother too much.

Hibby70
23-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Cheers guys. Will have a quick drive round some side streets and failing that go to Sainsburys

Hillsidehibby
23-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Any of the streets above Slateford Rd and a short walk to the ground.

A Jambo mate recommends this.

Itsnoteasy
23-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Cheers guys. Will have a quick drive round some side streets and failing that go to Sainsburys

It is Scottish law, that if you get a ticket from a private parking firm you don't have to pay it. I think Sainsburys will have a 2 hour limit.

Diclonius
23-01-2016, 10:15 PM
At the last semi at Tynecastle we parked near Murrayfield. Will be getting the train this time though.

3pm
23-01-2016, 10:18 PM
Park on it. It's a tip.

Itsnoteasy
23-01-2016, 10:19 PM

My backyard. Here is the best spot that only us locals know. The old VW garage 1 minute past MCD'S is now a bathroom showroom. Round the back is plenty parking. I will double check &report back before weekend. Drop your old man off and park up. You will only be 5 mins

staunchhibby
24-01-2016, 08:49 AM
There is also park and ride at Hermiston where you can park safely and take the bus to Gorgie

Jones28
24-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Parking somewhere further away and getting a taxi might be a good bet? It'll get you closer to the ground than you could park.

Lancs Harp
24-01-2016, 12:43 PM
Think the parking is free along Russell Road which is only a short walk to Tynecastle

24-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Think the parking is free along Russell Road which is only a short walk to Tynecastle

I usually park there - when we're the away team. But Saints have that end on Saturday and the police barriers will be up after the game until they've dispersed.

scoopyboy
24-01-2016, 01:05 PM

A long walk to the Wheatfield though.

Lancs Harp
24-01-2016, 01:43 PM
A long walk to the Wheatfield though.

Its a wee stroll

:greengrin