PDA

View Full Version : Ref Today

Pretty Boy
23-01-2016, 06:25 PM
Who was it?

Thought he was the best we have had in a while, let the game flow, played advantage when it was on and only got the cards out when needed.

Couple of dodgy decisions of course but on the whole I'd settle for one like him every week.

Hermit Crab
23-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Who was it?

Thought he was the best we have had in a while, let the game flow, played advantage when it was on and only got the cards out when needed.

Couple of dodgy decisions of course but on the whole I'd settle for one like him every week.

I felt the tackle on Henderson in second half was a bit naughty and maybe even a two footer, no card for that? :confused: I don't know his name but he did try to play advantage when play raged on.

Onceinawhile
23-01-2016, 06:32 PM
He certainly tried to play advantage and brought it back when there wasn't one. Should've had the cards out earlier, but had a decent game.

Berwickhibby
23-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Eh?!!!! Good ref, St Mirren players were conning him constantly..... And don't get me started on the penalty shouts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Awful, let them away with constant fouls.

Billy Whizz
23-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Awful, let them away with constant fouls.

Me too, thought he had a shocker

greenlex
23-01-2016, 06:36 PM
That first challenge from Hanlon. How on earth that was a free kick I'll never know.

Badge
23-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Who was it?

You're joking. He was poor.

O'Rourke3
23-01-2016, 06:37 PM
John Robertson. Thought he got conned a lot but PB is correct, he did try and let the game flow. He also seemed to think a couple fo handballs were not worthy of a foul either.

JimBHibees
23-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Me too, thought he had a shocker

Agree some of their tackling was awful. How Thompson got a ticking off for booting Lewis near the end was a joke. Challenge on Dagnall just after half time was as clear a foul as you can get. Thought he missed too much for me.

lord bunberry
23-01-2016, 06:39 PM
I didn't really notice him, which means he was good. :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2016, 06:43 PM
John Robertson. Thought he got conned a lot but PB is correct, he did try and let the game flow. He also seemed to think a couple fo handballs were not worthy of a foul either.Don Robertson, not John.

HoboHarry
23-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Really don't know why we have these threads - we could copy and paste them every week. One group liked him and the other thought he had a shocker.

DaveF
23-01-2016, 06:44 PM
I felt the tackle on Henderson in second half was a bit naughty and maybe even a two footer, no card for that? :confused: I don't know his name but he did try to play advantage when play raged on.

The guy was booked,he just took his time doing so.

I thought the ref was largely OK. Sure he got some things wrong as everyone does, but he did try to let the game flow and while he wasn't card happy I'd rather have that than an arse like Willie Collum.

Jay
23-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Who was it?

I agree.

The_Sauz
23-01-2016, 06:58 PM
The good thing about getting another poor Ref is, Cummings gets away with his poor effort in diving!
Time for JC to nip it in the bud, as he looks a complete idiot when he starts throwing himself to the ground like a school kid.

Oh and another thing....were did they find the east side linesman :doh: it seemed that he did not like to call for anything. The foul on Gray in the second half (a yard in front of him) was the worst of the lot! He seem to wait for the Ref to give it before putting up his flag.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Thought he was hopeless

maturehibby
23-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Reason the East Side Assistant Referee did not give anything other than ball out but not for whom and offsides is because the Referee has instructed him NOT to give any major decisions is in case they go against what the referee is pointing and appears that they are singing from the same Hymn sheet throughout and not pointing in different directions - I know these things :wink:

hibbymick
23-01-2016, 07:05 PM
The good thing about getting another poor Ref is, Cummings gets away with his poor effort in diving!
Time for JC to nip it in the bud, as he looks a complete idiot when he starts throwing himself to the ground like a school kid.

Oh and another thing....were did they find the east side linesman :doh: it seemed that he did not like to call for anything. The foul on Gray in the second half (a yard in front of him) was the worst of the lot! He seem to wait for the Ref to give it before putting up his flag.

We thought the same about the linesman, didnt flag for anything except offside even if it was a clear cut foul right under his nose.

cabbageandribs1875
23-01-2016, 07:07 PM
blatant hand ball that most off the east(and the linesman) will have saw in the 2nd half..30 seconds later when the ball went out and the booing started the referee is tapping his chest like it came off the guys chest...it didn't, it came of his arm/hand ffs, oh aye..and the east side linesman waiting on any decision coming from the referee first...take responsibility ya freakin blind goat

Golden Bear
23-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Who was it?

I agree. Today the football was the focal point of the game rather than inept officials.

hibs0666
23-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Thought he was very good.

hibsbollah
23-01-2016, 07:11 PM
I thought he was horrendous. Gave them every 50/50 decision and didn't let the game flow at all.

hibbymick
23-01-2016, 07:13 PM
I was surprised he didnt book Henderson for leaving the pitch after he scored.

Alfred E Newman
23-01-2016, 07:15 PM
It was refreshing to see a ref using the advantage law sensibly for a change. Could have produced cards before he did but kept them in his pocket. He also communicated with the players as the game went on with a quiet word of warning when required . The Henderson tackle looked reckless but not malicious and he sensibly gave himself time to think before dishing out a yellow card which was probably the right decision. As far as I saw it the only decision he got wrong was the blatant hand ball in the centre circle.
Good performance I thought .

ACLeith
23-01-2016, 07:16 PM
For me one of the better ones we've had this season. Never tried to be the centre of attention. Saw him have a quiet word with players.

PPZPOL
23-01-2016, 07:19 PM
Thought the ref was good with advantages especially. Commented as much at the game, a few 50/50 decisions that you'll get throughout a full game but they'll happen all the time so can't really nit pick. The more the ref is prepared to the let game flow, all the better in my opinion.

KWJ
23-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Funny to see the differing opinions here likesay.

I thought he was very good. Few wrong of course, the Hanlon decision for one and maybe there could've been a booking or two either way. Dunno how Fontaine wasn't put in for bringing them down at the halfway line on the break.

Would take him every week if he performed like that.

JC was perhaps even lucky not to go in book for diving.

KWJ
23-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Really don't know why we have these threads - we could copy and paste them every week. One group liked him and the other thought he had a shocker.

Hardly. I think most are in agreement when a ref has a shocker.

HoboHarry
23-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Hardly. I think most are in agreement when a ref has a shocker.
Like today you mean?

tanfield
23-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Thought the ref today was decent

O'Rourke3
23-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Don Robertson, not John.
I blame the PA.....

matty_f
23-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Few bad decisions but also let the game go where he could. Did well for our first goal. Gets rare pass marks from me - just.

SJNB Hibby
23-01-2016, 07:51 PM

We complain about Refs inconsistencies, and then you read a thread like this---Were all these folk watching the same Ref??? :confused:

H18 SFR
23-01-2016, 07:55 PM
I thought the ref was very average. Some of the advantages he played didn't even look like fouls. He gave several fouls in favour of defenders when they were simply being pressurised by an opponent.

Overall, decidedly average.

stoneyburn hibs
23-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Another pish ref, the guy who had the shocker on Henderson should have walked for an almost knee high tackle.
He also should have dealt with Thompson, that's twice I've seen him at ER this season and the guy is finished. He tried to make up for it by constantly fouling and was lucky he didn't give Lewis a dull one. The best one was where he tried to shove Fontaine during a high ball, bounced of him and landed on his bahookie

KWJ
23-01-2016, 08:27 PM
Like today you mean?

A proper shocker, a normal shocker is about a 6/10 for a Scottish ref.

10/10 - No bad.
9/10 - Okay.
8/10 - Pish
7/10 - Utter pish
6/10 - Shocker
5/10 - Bring back the foreign refs
4/10 - Bill Crombie
3/10 - Worst ref performance ever
2/10 - Craig Thompson
1/10 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/5381190.stm

Famous Fiver
23-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Ref was awful.

He let their hammer throwers have a field day( Goodwin must be coaching them) while he gave innocuous fouls throughout EXCEPT in the penalty area where we should have had at least two.

The total irony of course is that the St Mirren goal came from a (soft) free kick.

I am all for playing advantage but there were at least two occasions that, after the play was completed, he should have gone back and booked the Saints player. Never even had a word on either occasion.

When the outstretched arm clearly diverted the flight of the ball he indicated it came off the Saints player's chest. WTF!

Another candidate for Specsavers and had very selective decision making.

stantonhibby
23-01-2016, 08:32 PM
Thought he was poor tbh. I'm sure if we had drawn the game the comments would be worse.

Hermit Crab
23-01-2016, 08:34 PM
I thought he was horrendous. Gave them every 50/50 decision and didn't let the game flow at all.

Can't agree with that at all I'm afraid.

PISTOL1875
23-01-2016, 08:41 PM
I was surprised he didnt book Henderson for leaving the pitch after he scored.

I am surprised he didn't send off Lewis Stevenson for two very bookable offences. On another day with another ref LS could've been off..

Thecat23
23-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Who was it?

Totally agree, let the game flow wasn't card happy and one of the better ones I've seen. Said it at the game as well, yes couple of dodgy ones but every ref has them.

No complaints from me.

Thecat23
23-01-2016, 08:47 PM

He was far from horrendous, if you compare him to other refs this season. I counted 4 times he let play continue when it was a foul. Can't say I remember any ref doing that this season! Gave us loads of decisions as well.

KWJ
23-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Ref was awful.

He let their hammer throwers have a field day( Goodwin must be coaching them) while he gave innocuous fouls throughout EXCEPT in the penalty area where we should have had at least two.

The total irony of course is that the St Mirren goal came from a (soft) free kick.

I am all for playing advantage but there were at least two occasions that, after the play was completed, he should have gone back and booked the Saints player. Never even had a word on either occasion.

When the outstretched arm clearly diverted the flight of the ball he indicated it came off the Saints player's chest. WTF!

Disagree. Aye he got the handball decision wrong and a couple others like Hanlon's tackle for first foul. No idea what you're suggesting should've been penalties.

He did go back and book one of their guys after the Henderson foul apparently and a couple Hibs boys were lucky not to get yellow too.

SmashinGlass
23-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Ref was awful.

The St Mirren goal came from a clear free kick. Nothing soft about it. Bartley hung a leg in and it was a clear foul. Other than that, I thought the ref was pretty average. Got a few poor ones wrong. The early Hanlon one where it was clear as day that he got the ball and also the midfield handball he missed.