PDA

View Full Version : Chris Dagnall

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Worked his socks off today. Unlucky not to score, was harshly subbed as well IMO. He was everywhere today, had 2 well-hit shots saved and pressed the defenders and goalkeeper really well.

Really like the look of him so far. Another good addition from Stubbs, gives us something different.

Paisley Hibby
23-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Worked his socks off today. Unlucky not to score, was harshly subbed as well IMO. He was everywhere today, had 2 well-hit shots saved and pressed the defenders and goalkeeper really well.

Really like the look of him so far. Another good addition from Stubbs, gives us something different.

Totally agree BMD. I think a front pairing of Dagnall and Stokes will be awesome.

lord bunberry
23-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Totally agree BMD. I think a front pairing of Dagnall and Stokes will be awesome.
I can't see that happening

Pretty Boy
23-01-2016, 06:09 PM
I said I was surprised he was hooked before Cummings but thinking about it he did look like he was starting to tire a bit.

My kind of player. In defenders faces, works hard, tries to link play and good feet . He looks a shrewd signing.

I think his experience shows at time. There was 1 particular moment in the 2nd half that caught my eye. Lewis totally overhit a cross, Dagnall knew he couldn't win the ball so just dropped 2 or 3 yards off the back post and didn't allow the defener to duck under the ball and let it go for a goal kick, his movement forced the defender to header the ball and concede a corner.

Hermit Crab
23-01-2016, 06:09 PM

:agree:. Some of the runs he was making and the touches he had were two or three moves ahead of the rest of the team. Just the experience he's got and that will help us in the run in. He was unlucky not to get his goal today but I'm sure that will come soon enough.

Smartie
23-01-2016, 06:10 PM
I thought he was superb.

No idea how Stubbs is going to keep all these strikers happy but we don't half have some excellent options up there now with good competition for places.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-01-2016, 06:11 PM
He looked very good. Don't think the substitution was harsh though as he has definitely started to tire as the second half wore on

monktonharp
23-01-2016, 06:14 PM
I thought he was good today. ready to shoot when he got chances and was unlucky not to score. his one twos were good, and was not overgreedy, or trying to always take on another man. played better than JC.

bingo70
23-01-2016, 06:25 PM
Opinions eh?! I thought he was alright, worked hard and was a bit of a pest but I thought he'd struggle to get ahead of Cummings, stokes or malonga and then Keatings did well when he came on too.

O'Rourke3
23-01-2016, 06:39 PM
My first view and I gave him pass marks. Impressed first half - hit a really powerful shot which the keeper had to scramble for as there was "no backlift".In the faces of the defenders all the time. Hope he scores soon.

Big L
23-01-2016, 06:43 PM
I would like to see him in the role Stubbs plays Kea tings at the point of the midfield diamond, good worker good football brain.

hibee_girl
23-01-2016, 06:46 PM
I liked him, especially when he took a heavy elbow to the chin and didn't even react! :greengrin

Godsahibby
23-01-2016, 06:51 PM
He's solid for his size one of the only forwards we have who looks like can hold off a centre half and win the ball when the balls punted route 1. Always a good option to have.

Also looks to have a very good strike on him.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Tireless and linked up well. Seems quite a clever player. Enough to dislodge a Cummings, Stokes or Malonga though? Not sure. But he did very little wrong today without perhaps having the goal threat the other three have.

portyhibernian
23-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Thought he looked good today, constantly making a nuisance of himself and had a couple good efforts saved. Can see him scoring a few between now and the end of the season. Exciting times!

JimBHibees
23-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Thought some of his runs were excellent, very good at keeping himself onside. Not the quickest but good attitude and work rate.

hfc rd
23-01-2016, 07:51 PM
I thought he was good today. ready to shoot when he got chances and was unlucky not to score. his one twos were good, and was not overgreedy, or trying to always take on another man. played better than JC.

This. Think he could be a very good player for us. Early signs look promising.

Zazu62
23-01-2016, 08:10 PM
The boy looks the real deal .. Well played daggers

Eire hibs
23-01-2016, 08:13 PM
He was booked just before the substitution so that may have been a factor in Stubbs thinking.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
23-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Similar signing to David Gray IMO

jabis
23-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Didnae have my glasses on,thout it was Keating,(arrived late)
Thought he was running his erse about a lot,then realized it was dagnall.
Well done the boy🐇

Greenblood70
23-01-2016, 08:35 PM
I think he gives an option up front we didn't previously have, although I'm not sure he'll be prolific in front of goal. We haven't had so many options for such a long time I'd forgotten what it's like, Stubbs has built a very useful squad, its a matter of horses for courses now imo.

Spike Mandela
23-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Needs to stick one or two in the pokey if he wants to keep his place ahead of Stokes or Cummings.

Thecat23
23-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Dagnall looks a player who could easily fill in if Cummings gets injured or even Stokes.

jabis
23-01-2016, 08:41 PM
At the moment,he scares the erse of defenders,he's everywhere,long may it continue.

Carheenlea
23-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Was it just me or did that second half fly by awful quickly? When Stokes came on for Dagnall I thought it was quite early to make a change and thought it was tough on Dagnall as he was having a very good game, but it was 71 minutes the sub was made.

matty_f
23-01-2016, 09:24 PM
I liked what i saw from Dagnall today. Put in a power of work and set the tempo for others. His movement caused St Mirren all sorts of problems and he was unlucky with a couple of efforts.

Good signing, gives us something different up front. I would hate to play against him, he doesn't give defenders a minute's peace.

IWasThere2016
23-01-2016, 09:44 PM
He's a player .. No doubt.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Hope he doesn't turn out like James Collins. ....works his socks off but can't score in a brother

Dashing Bob S
23-01-2016, 10:54 PM
Yes, I'm getting rather fond of 'Daggers'.

marinello59
23-01-2016, 11:42 PM
Yes, I'm getting rather fond of 'Daggers'.

Ah, good old Daggers. One of the Liverpool Dagnalls I believe.

Mikey09
23-01-2016, 11:48 PM
His 10min cameo against Falkirk was impressive. Work rate, desire, decent touch, intelligent runs. Wasn't there today but going by what my boy said he picked up from there. Think this lad will be an important player rest of the season and will start more games than some might think.

Mibbes Aye
23-01-2016, 11:58 PM
His 10min cameo against Falkirk was impressive. Work rate, desire, decent touch, intelligent runs. Wasn't there today but going by what my boy said he picked up from there. Think this lad will be an important player rest of the season and will start more games than some might think.

When he did get the chance to shoot he was fierce and on target. Otherwise he was busy, watching his line and moving well.

There was one moment in the second half when he started his run in expectation of the pass and it didn't quite reach him. Had it worked he was through on the left side of the box and we could have been talking about his debut goal tonight.

Another week or two on the training ground and I think we will be relishing what he brings.

Mikey09
24-01-2016, 12:30 AM
When he did get the chance to shoot he was fierce and on target. Otherwise he was busy, watching his line and moving well.

There was one moment in the second half when he started his run in expectation of the pass and it didn't quite reach him. Had it worked he was through on the left side of the box and we could have been talking about his debut goal tonight.

Another week or two on the training ground and I think we will be relishing what he brings.

Yep... Have a good feeling about this lad! :agree: