PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant today

lord bunberry
23-01-2016, 04:04 PM
I thought we were superb today. We were a joy to watch today at times

California-Hibs
23-01-2016, 04:07 PM
I thought we were superb today. We were a joy to watch today at times

Agreed! We create so many chances and cut teams apart with our passing at times. So good to watch today!

CraigHibee
23-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Played some fantastic football at times today, was pleasing to hear there were over 10K there today as well :aok:

Hibiza
23-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Played some fantastic football at times today, was pleasing to hear there were over 10K there today as well :aok:
Brill

The Harp Awakes
23-01-2016, 04:19 PM
Yep, the whole team played well. Never let St Mirren into the game. Henderson outstanding and McGinn not far behind. Stokes looked sharp when he came on:thumbsup:

Diclonius
23-01-2016, 04:19 PM
One of the most enjoyable games at ER this season. Great to watch.

California-Hibs
23-01-2016, 04:23 PM

Don't think you'll see any less than 10k gor the rest of the season now. That number will only continue to creep up!

Pretty Boy
23-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Some of the movement and link up between Henderson, Fyvie and Dagnall in particular was great.

We played with pace at times yet slowed it down and kept possession when we had to. Excepting a slow 10 mins at the start of the 2nd half that was the best 90 minutes we have produced in weeks.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Dagnall looks a player already. As for Stokes, if he gets the ball in a dangerous position, he will put it away.

Northernhibee
23-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Good to hear about Dagnall, more excited by his signing than Stokes just because of the element of the unknown.

hibsbollah
23-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Could have been 6 or 7 if you think about Cummings (twice) and Fontaine and Hanlon missing good chances. We were very good all over the park. The old **** behind me still managed to shout 'you're shi'ite' at Fyvie a number of times :rolleyes:

Pete
23-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Will be different against St Johnstone but still fairly confident. Bring it on. :thumbsup:

lucky
23-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Some of the movement and link up between Henderson, Fyvie and Dagnall in particular was great.

We played with pace at times yet slowed it down and kept possession when we had to. Excepting a slow 10 mins at the start of the 2nd half that was the best 90 minutes we have produced in weeks.

Said the exact same to my mates at the game. Stubbs has got a headache next week with his team selection

hfc rd
23-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Really thought the team played well. The passing and movement was great to watch. Stubbs and the coaching staff have a big selection headache for next week but that's a good thing. I can't wait! Love watching this Hibs team at the moment!

GGTTH

PatHead
23-01-2016, 06:53 PM
Great performance. What a difference an early goal makes.

Only complaint is we should have had 5 or 6.

Greenblood70
23-01-2016, 06:57 PM
We dominated St Mirren today. How we didn't score more than 3 I do not know. There were at least a dozen chances where we came close to hitting the back of the net.

Dagnall for me looks like a hard working player, some decent touches, but I'm not sure he's gong to score too many. Doesn't seem like a natural goal scorer. I'd like too see Stokes and Jase together tbh.

Special mention for Henderson today who I thought was absolutely superb. Great goal, a constant threat and his deliveries at corners deserved better than they got...we need to attack these better (although its nitpicking).

Stokes will help us be more clinical, that's all that was lacking today imo.

ehf
23-01-2016, 07:05 PM

I would put the first 10 mins of the second half down to St Mirren coming out fired up; they put us under a bit of pressure in that period but we weathered it and should really have had 5 or 6 goals.

Nakedmanoncrack
23-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Similar to a lot of games this season - largely one way traffic but still not getting the goals the performance merits.

Smartie
23-01-2016, 07:11 PM
I would put the first 10 mins of the second half down to St Mirren coming out fired up; they put us under a bit of pressure in that period but we weathered it and should really have had 5 or 6 goals.

:agree:

You can't expect to dominate for 90 minutes. St Mirren weren't that bad, they had a few decent players and having had the lift of the goal before half-time you'd expect them to come out after half-time all guns blazing. It was important we didn't lose another goal during that spell not just that we did very well to restrict the chances they created before getting back into the game ourselves in an attacking sense.

It was the best first half we've had in weeks/ months which was encouraging. It really lets you see the value of an early goal to settle the whole place down and I hope we start at the same tempo every week in future.