PDA

View Full Version : Living near Hibs players, past and present

Iceman1875
21-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Just a bit of fun, don't expect you to post your address [emoji23]

As the title says, anyone ever lived near a Hibs player? Any stories to share?

As a late teen, Nick Colgan lived in my hometown and would pick up KT for training in his Audi TT, loved that car at the time.

At Easter Road we play...

iwasthere1972
21-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Not a Hibs player but I did stay next door to Tam McCòurt when we were wee laddies. I also lived opposite the Krankies when I lived in Guernsey. Fandabbydozey. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
21-01-2016, 04:32 PM

As a late teen, Nick Colgan lived in my hometown and would pick up KT for training in his Audi TT, loved that car at the time.

In my early teens Brian Welsh's mother was my next door neighbour until she passed away. Used to see him fairly regular and he gave some signed photos and things when he found out I was ST holder at ER.

Franck Stanton
21-01-2016, 04:33 PM
Calum Milne lived near me in Mid Calder, often had a wee chat when bumped into him whilst I was walking the dog. Always had a good natter - good guy.

Iceman1875
In my early teens Brian Welsh's mother was my next door neighbour until she passed away. Used to see him fairly regular and he gave some signed photos and things when he found out I was ST holder at ER.

Who can forget his ****gy hair! Decent defender too from what I remember.

BroxburnHibee
Stokes used to live here :greengrin

Hermit Crab
21-01-2016, 04:34 PM
A friend of mine stays a stones throw away from Griffiths.

Hermit Crab
21-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Who can forget his ****gy hair! Decent defender too from what I remember.

Decent player, He was massive as well, couldn't believe how tall he was. Then again I didn't hit 6ft until I was about 16.

matty_f
21-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Willie Miller used to stay in my street.

Iceman1875
21-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Decent player, He was massive as well, couldn't believe how tall he was. Then again I didn't hit 6ft until I was about 16.

I remember him from the sticker albums around '97... Always had bloody doubles of Brian Welsh

Frazerbob
21-01-2016, 04:38 PM
I own a flat in Lochend, where the Sunblest bakery stood. When I lived there, Hibs owned a couple of flats in my stair. Various players lived there including Torben Joneleit and Danny Galbraith. Torben in particular was a great guy.

Not sure if the club still own the flats.

hibee_girl
21-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Zemmama, Benji and Claros lived near me when they were here as did Ryan Mcgivern

There must be players around here just now as often seen Forster waiting in his car in the morning

Dashing Bob S
21-01-2016, 04:46 PM
I own a flat in Lochend, where the Sunblest bakery stood. When I lived there, Hibs owned a couple of flats in my stair. Various players lived there including Torben Joneleit and Danny Galbraith. Torben in particular was a great guy.

Not sure if the club still own the flats.

Is that your way of saying Galbraith was a bit of a *unt? Or that they were both good guys, but Torben just had that extra sociable edge?

Pretty Boy
21-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Dirk Lehman used to live just round the corner from me when he was at Hibs. Always had his living room curtains closed, wonder what he was up to?

Kevin Thomson was, and may still be, a regular in a sunbed place round the corner from my parents.

Mark79
21-01-2016, 04:48 PM
I stayed in a certain council estate for a short time where Willie millers folks stayed a few doors away. He used to often visit them and have a kick about with us kids.

Where I live now is a semi detached house and I believe pat Stanton stayed in the house next door when they were new. Talk of many a party with Eric Stevens on and Co in attendance I believe.

Iceman1875
21-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Would love to hear about Best, Sauzee, Latapy if anyone has got anything to share!

Smartie
21-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Dirk Lehman used to live just round the corner from me when he was at Hibs. Always had his living room curtains closed, wonder what he was up to?

Kevin Thomson was, and may still be, a regular in a sunbed place round the corner from my parents.

Making, erm, movies perhaps?

Jay
21-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Calum Milne lived near me in Mid Calder, often had a wee chat when bumped into him whilst I was walking the dog. Always had a good natter - good guy.

You must have lived near me, he was two doors down. Unfortunately he often partied a bit hard at the weekend for the rest of us in the block. Nice guy though.

Mr White
21-01-2016, 04:53 PM
Ulrik Laursen rented a house a few doors down from me for a while after he first moved to hibs. Saw mixu going in to visit him a couple of times.

grammyb111
21-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Andy Watson lived on my street and came to the odd party my folks threw, was a decent bloke. At the same time Alex McLeish lived round the corner while he was manager, after the 6-2 game we went to his house and laid a scarf outside, like a one scarf memorial to a dead player or something! Around that time Grant Brebner bought a house in the area too, though sold it really quickly, could've been about the time he was doing all the gambling so I guess it makes sense...

Allant1981
21-01-2016, 05:00 PM
My aunt stays 2 doors away from liam fontaine

MKHIBEE
21-01-2016, 05:00 PM
I lived in the same street as Eric Schaedler over 40 years ago, used to see him training on his own at the local junior club ground and he invited me to join him once.

Franck Stanton
21-01-2016, 05:01 PM
You must have lived near me, he was two doors down. Unfortunately he often partied a bit hard at the weekend for the rest of us in the block. Nice guy though.
I lived in Ochiltree Cresc at the time, he lived nearby in, I think Bishops park ? however walked dog along footpath rear Ochiltree, and down towards Peoples Garage area.

Edit - May not have been Bishops Park, but think it was close to Lizzie Brice garage - street on right as you go down hill towards Ochiltree.

thebakerboy
21-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Andy Goram used to live nearby and used to drink in the same pub. My daughter couldnt believe it when one day walking along the street and a big hand landed on my shoulder and her then football hero said hello mate how you doing.

WoreTheGreen
21-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Slighty off topic l have worked in Sir pat stanton last two houses also was working in Laurie Rielly's house on the day Yogie got sacked. Gave me a persnal guided tour of his memoribellia true gent. On the down side l delivered papers to John geig of the old gers . Almost fogot wee robbo's ma in law he stayed there at the time the night before we beat them funny enough did not come through as i knew and l was a HIBBY

hibees 7062
21-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Wullie Murray and Alex McGee stayed in our street a wee while ago

Mon Dieu4
21-01-2016, 05:10 PM
Ivan was my neighbour, great guy and really down to earth, total athlete, used to bump into him in the kebab shop on Saturday nights or scotmid getting a late night snacks, always had time for a chat though

patch1875
21-01-2016, 05:14 PM
Not really a proper player but Tim Clancy.

Danderhall Hibs
21-01-2016, 05:14 PM
Ivan and Ian murray (Ian moved into Ivan's house when he left) stay(ed) in the estate over the road. Both have/had kids in my kids class.

cameronw-hfc
21-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Went to school, and got the same school bus with Liam Henderson. Get on with him very well, as well as playing in the same school team as his brother, all great guys, still live round the corner and have a chat with Liam regularly! :agree:

overdrive
21-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Yogi lived around the corner from me when I was a lad. He then moved a few streets away and his new house was next to the bus stop I got the bus to uni from. Quite often saw him defrosting his car in the morning (by pouring water from the kettle on the windscreen :rolleyes:)

Hibbie_Cameron
21-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Live close to and speak quite often to Jackie McNamara. Keith Wright also stays quite close by

WoreTheGreen
21-01-2016, 05:22 PM
Yogi lived around the corner from me when I was a lad. He then moved a few streets away and his new house was next to the bus stop I got the bus to uni from. Quite often saw him defrosting his car in the morning (by pouring water from the kettle on the windscreen :rolleyes:)

Lochend?

StevieT
21-01-2016, 05:27 PM
When I was growing up I lived in Mouncastle (Crescent) and none other than Sir Pat Stanton moved in at the foot of the street. I would often see him in his garden / washing his car etc and would stop and have a chat.

Silky
21-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Lochend?

I think that may have been Restalrig. He lived round the corner from me when I was younger.

Jay
21-01-2016, 05:30 PM
I lived in Ochiltree Cresc at the time, he lived nearby in, I think Bishops park ? however walked dog along footpath rear Ochiltree, and down towards Peoples Garage area.

Edit - May not have been Bishops Park, but think it was close to Lizzie Brice garage - street on right as you go down hill towards Ochiltree.

Yep it was Bishops park, gardens backed onto the bus stop.

WoreTheGreen
21-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Opposite "the bottom shop" restalrig/ lochend

Jim44
21-01-2016, 05:33 PM
My son lives round the corner from Lewis Stevenson.

Golden Bear
21-01-2016, 05:36 PM
We occasionally gave our ex goalkeeper Mike Mcdonald a lift home after the games. He could tell a good story but I always remember one trip home from an away fixture when we travelled 70 miles and he never opened his mouth. Transpired he'd fallen out big style with the Manager at the time!

DH1875
21-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Dylan has bought a WHOLE street next to where I live lol.

Jumbo
21-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Jim Brown also of the yams, used to live near me, alway used to give us an alright boys or toot of horn when passing 👍

WoreTheGreen
21-01-2016, 05:43 PM
We occasionally gave our ex goalkeeper Mike Mcdonald a lift home after the games. He could tell a good story!

Perm gone? Came from StokeCity understuddy to Banks?

Golden Bear
21-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Perm gone? Came from StokeCity understuddy to Banks?

That's the guy. Was also with Clydebank for a while.

bigwheel
21-01-2016, 05:46 PM
I love a good old "stalker" thread ! [emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel
21-01-2016, 05:47 PM
We occasionally gave our ex goalkeeper Mike Mcdonald a lift home after the games. He could tell a good story but I always remember one trip home from an away fixture when we travelled 70 miles and he never opened his mouth. Transpired he'd fallen out big style with the Manager at the time!

Supermac!

Hibee87
21-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Claros and kujabi stated just up the road, claros seemed to walk everywhere. Also spoony had a flat at hawkhill and the one time I spoke to him was after a defeat at Tynie and he seemed completely devastated.

Kato
21-01-2016, 05:51 PM
A friend of mine stays a stones throw away from Griffiths.

A friend of mine stays a muffins throw away from Cummings.

Golden Bear
21-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Supermac!

:thumbsup:

We've had a lot worse as 'keepers that's for sure.

Halifaxhibby
21-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Kano stays round the corner from my folks house. Used to deliver his paper in the morning. Good tipper at christmas!!

GGTTH
FTHMFC

Albanian Hibs
21-01-2016, 05:57 PM
When I was growing up I lived in Mouncastle (Crescent) and none other than Sir Pat Stanton moved in at the foot of the street. I would often see him in his garden / washing his car etc and would stop and have a chat.

I stayed in Mountcastle Crescent until 2000 and I didn't know Pat stayed there?

WoreTheGreen
21-01-2016, 05:59 PM
:thumbsup:

We've had a lot worse as 'keepers that's for sure.

Wee had a kepper from St johnstone? Part time first training sesh vomitted falsh teeth fell out and broke on floor Fairs to say did not get signed

Andy74
21-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Stokes used to live here :greengrin

Did he really just live on the Main Street in a town not know for its love of anything green and white? Struggling to think of any footballer type locations on the main road.

McD
21-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Used to live along the road from Alan maybury in Bathgate.

i think Paul cairney may have also lived there as I'm sure I saw him at the sauna/steam/swimming a few times.

Andy74
21-01-2016, 06:10 PM
Darren Jackson stayed round the corner. Not sure after his bankruptcy what the script is.

Pedantic_Hibee
21-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Yogi lived at the bottom of my street, opposite Mace the shop. I was in Cornhill Terrace.

Pedantic_Hibee
21-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Andy Goram used to live nearby and used to drink in the same pub. My daughter couldnt believe it when one day walking along the street and a big hand landed on my shoulder and her then football hero said hello mate how you doing.

Which one?

PaulC
21-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Gordon Hunter used to live in Scotland street when I lived in the New Town. Also saw Sauzee around that area a lot so I take it he lived in the New Town while at Hibs.

Where I live now Gary Smith lives 4 doors along from me.

hibee_girl
21-01-2016, 06:14 PM

I pass that house everyday, my sons friends used to live there and everytime I'd pick him up i'd be thinking 'I'm in yogis house' :greengrin

magnificent_seven
21-01-2016, 06:17 PM

I stay about 4 doors down from Anthony Stokes in the west end of Glasgow. Not sure for how much longer mind you. Also I'm sure he rents his flat off of Allan McGregor.

Steve20
21-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Latapy used to buy cigarettes from the shop down the road from where I stayed when I was growing up in Dundas Street.

Matty Jack used to drink in my local (Clark's Bar)

PaulC
21-01-2016, 06:26 PM
Matty Jack used to drink in my local (Clark's Bar)

And park his left hand drive BMW outside the bookies next door to Clark's

Deek01
21-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Darren Jackson stayed round the corner. Not sure after his bankruptcy what the script is.

Sure he's in the Falkirk area now

WhileTheChief..
21-01-2016, 06:40 PM
Would love to hear about Best, Sauzee, Latapy if anyone has got anything to share!

Benny Brazil lived near me in the 80s :wink:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/ally-benny-brazil-hibs-unlikely-hat-trick-hero-1-3670617

HibbyAndy
21-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Sure he's in the Falkirk area now

He is.

scooby
21-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Benny Brazil lived near me in the 80s :wink:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/ally-benny-brazil-hibs-unlikely-hat-trick-hero-1-3670617

In Balerno?

WhileTheChief..
21-01-2016, 06:46 PM
In Balerno?

Yup.

scooby
21-01-2016, 06:47 PM
Scott Brown lived in the same street as me, but moved out when he joined the lesser greens.

hibee-boys
21-01-2016, 06:51 PM
One of my mates stayed in the same street as John Collins, Gareth Evans was a frequent visitor. Once joined us in a kick about in the street, can't recall him ever showing of his six pack though!

scooby
21-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Yup.

Haha I probably know you in that case!

PISTOL1875
21-01-2016, 07:06 PM
I pick up and take home Gary Smith's son to work every morning.. Really good lad and cracking football player...

WhileTheChief..
21-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Haha I probably know you in that case!

I wasn't the only Hibs fan in Balerno you know! Thee were at least another 2 or 3 of us. High school was murder though, was all Hearts and Aberdeen fans back then.

matty_f
21-01-2016, 07:16 PM
My son lives round the corner from Lewis Stevenson.

Is that in Duloch in Dunfermline? See Lewis in the Tesco there a fair bit.

Lmc2105
21-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Kujabi & Mcgivern stayed beside me on Hawkhill close as did Claros :greengrin:

scooby
21-01-2016, 07:19 PM
I wasn't the only Hibs fan in Balerno you know! Thee were at least another 2 or 3 of us. High school was murder though, was all Hearts and Aberdeen fans back then.

I remember it well, I only knew two other hibbys in Balerno back then, you're probably one of them!

jdships
21-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Lived over the fence from Pat Stanton at Mountcastle in early '70's
Lovely family to have as neighbours !!:thumbsup:

EastCalderHibby
21-01-2016, 07:27 PM

his mum /dad still stay in beech ave dont know if he stayed with them at that time though

StevieT
21-01-2016, 07:27 PM
I stayed in Mountcastle Crescent until 2000 and I didn't know Pat stayed there?

I am talking early 1970's. If you come up the Crescent from the bottom, first wee cup-de-sac on the left, first house on the left.

Jonnyboy
21-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Did he really just live on the Main Street in a town not know for its love of anything green and white? Struggling to think of any footballer type locations on the main road.

He did indeed, Andy. Story I heard was thyat he decided to move out after somebody chucked a chair through his living room window (from the outside :greengrin)

I used to live opposite Gary Mackay and I feel ashamed just admitting that :greengrin

Richibee
21-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Lived a couple of streets away from Peter Cormack in the late 60's

cameronw-hfc
21-01-2016, 07:42 PM
He did indeed, Andy. Story I heard was thyat he decided to move out after somebody chucked a chair through his living room window (from the outside :greengrin)

I used to live opposite Gary Mackay and I feel ashamed just admitting that :greengrin

I heard he moved after the orange walk stopped right outside his house for the second year in a row and player louder and even had people lobbing rocks and bricks at his window! Funny placement for a house though for someone as well known, being right on the main street. Is there not a Rangers pub just on the other side of the road as well? :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
21-01-2016, 07:43 PM
I heard he moved after the orange walk stopped right outside his house for the second year in a row and player louder and even had people lobbing rocks and bricks at his window! Funny placement for a house though for someone as well known, being right on the main street. Is there not a Rangers pub just on the other side of the road as well? :rolleyes:

Yep.

cameronw-hfc
21-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Yep.

Must have been a cracking deal for the house then, otherwise can't understand him taking it.

Hibee87
21-01-2016, 07:54 PM
I just remembered our 3rd choice goalie stayed on or just off Easter road Jason gardner I think it was? I grew up in Albion road and recall him helping training at abbeyhill primary a few times as well. Coincidentally I moved to mid Calder when I was about 11 and vaguely remembered meeting him whilst drunk about 7 or 8 years ago outside the bull. Can't remember exactly what I said but I think I kept him talking about hibs for a while, I definitely blamed him for me being a **** keeper which he took in jest, top bloke. At least when I was reeking he was haha

weststandhibby
21-01-2016, 07:57 PM
One for the older hibees here. Jim McArthur rented a house round corner from where we stayed in the 70's. Was always up for a kick about in the street outside his house. Proper gent.

Also seem to recall Mike McDonald being based in the Pollock Halls and again joining usfor kick a bouts on a Sunday .

Scouse Hibee
21-01-2016, 08:07 PM
Kano stays 2 minutes away from me apparently. I only moved here in December,haven't seen him yet.

Aldo
21-01-2016, 08:09 PM

Callum Milne used to pop up and help with a bit of training when I played for East Calder back in the late 80's early 90's

Aldo
21-01-2016, 08:10 PM
Stokes used to live here :greengrin He did and so did I. About a 2 minute walk from where I used to stay! He used to stay very very close to the Buchan!

SeanWilson
21-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Used to sell Stuart Lovel his racing post, 10 lines on the lottery and 10 scratch cards every Saturday morning in morningside 😂

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Keith Wright lived in the next stair to me when I was growing up in Greendykes in the 70's and 80's.

celthedd1
21-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Keith Wright lived in the next stair to me when I was growing up in Greendykes in the 70's and 80's.

Live near OTJ in Bangor North Wales, often see him at the gym.

silverhibee
21-01-2016, 08:19 PM
A friend of mine stays a muffins throw away from Cummings.

They in the tin pail :greengrin

Bostonhibby
21-01-2016, 08:26 PM
For a while I Shared the same "back green" as Alex Cropley as a youth.

Jim44
21-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Is that in Duloch in Dunfermline? See Lewis in the Tesco there a fair bit.

Yup.

WoreTheGreen
21-01-2016, 08:32 PM
And bother jimmy? Coach at nitten star great guy

Jay
21-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Callum Milne used to pop up and help with a bit of training when I played for East Calder back in the late 80's early 90's

My son played for East Calder but wasn't born until 97 :)

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Darren Jackson lived in my street when I was growing up and he played for us. There was a park right outside his house that we played football in and we'd often ring his bell and ask him if he was coming out to play [emoji23] Fair play to him he actually did a couple of times. Was my favourite player at the time so was amazing. His daughter went to my primary so there was no escaping for him. Similarly, Andy Goram also lived in Bonnyrigg for a while when he played for us, three doors along from my mate and we'd knock his door and get him out to kick the ball about as well. We must have been annoying.
Gordon Rae's son was in my class from primary 1 right through school and they lived a stones throw from school so would pop up most days. His house was just full of Hibs memorabilia on the walls and I'd constantly ask him about all the strips and photos.
Benji lived opposite me when I lived in my flat in Leith and any time we were drunk and we bumped into him he would get 'Benji Benji' chanted at him. He used to enjoy it, I think.

All in all, I've annoyed a few Hibs players looking back.

overdrive
21-01-2016, 10:00 PM
I think that may have been Restalrig. He lived round the corner from me when I was younger.

Yep, opposite Mace as someone said. He was at Pirniefield before that (may have been somewhere else inbetween)

malcky
21-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Live near OTJ in Bangor North Wales, often see him at the gym.

Lived near Jimmy Orourke drumbrae around 1972 and Barberton 1978 stalker alert :wink:

Leith_Hibee
21-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Willie Miller used to stay in my street. in Bingham?

MSK
21-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Willie Miller used to stay in my street.Willie Miller lived beside me in Bingham too

jamieross
21-01-2016, 10:24 PM
When I was at college the youth team players from out of town stayed in the same dorms as me. Used to speak to a few of them in the mornings in the cafe before class.

Sauzee07
21-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Back in '99/'00 i lived in a basement flat in Northumberland Street in the New Town. Was a dump, but a great address. Franck Sauzee lived a few doors along for a while. Rented property I think.

Surely no-one can top having Le God as a neighbour?!

martin1875
21-01-2016, 10:29 PM
Tom Taiwo lives round the corner from me in Porty.

cmcd
21-01-2016, 10:43 PM

He could drink a few pints of lager also Once had to get off the bus at Eddleston to have a pee We had already made a stop at Leadburn Great guy Mike

KeithTheHibby
21-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Paul Hanlon stays round the corner from me.

James70
21-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Supermac!

Yes? :greengrin

Mike lived along the road from my mother, had a kickabout with him and his younger brother once and got a lift into Edinburgh in a blizzard when our car broke down. A really nice guy.

snedzuk
21-01-2016, 11:25 PM
I lived next to maurice malpas ........ until he told me to **** off

BroxburnHibee
22-01-2016, 12:59 AM

Didn't know his address but he did stay here for a while.

Broxburn is nowhere near as bad as some of the other West Lothian towns for that. Too many Edinburgh folk moved in :greengrin

Hibbyradge
22-01-2016, 01:32 AM

I lived across the road from him until last month.

Slicer
22-01-2016, 01:59 AM
Jock Govan lived across the street from me. Half/full back during the Famous 5 era.

HibeeMassive
22-01-2016, 07:18 AM

Me too :greengrin

TamHibs
22-01-2016, 08:02 AM
My auld man lives a few doors down from Ian Murray

bigwheel
22-01-2016, 08:02 AM
Yes? :greengrin

Mike lived along the road from my mother, had a kickabout with him and his younger brother once and got a lift into Edinburgh in a blizzard when our car broke down. A really nice guy.

Good keeper - I recall a performance from him in a semi final V Aberdeen at Dens Park - he was outstanding - kept them at bay for almost the whole game - might have been at error for their goal - it's a bit misty now - but his heroics throughout the game were mesmerising.

matty_f
22-01-2016, 08:03 AM
in Bingham?

No, Blackchapel Close up by the Fort.

Craig_HFC
22-01-2016, 08:17 AM
Michael Renwick used to live in Doublehedges and he presented a couple of Player of the Year awards for Inch Colts as we played in the field opposite his house.

PaulC
22-01-2016, 08:26 AM

Ahhh so the guy I see walking about in Porty who looks like Tom Taiwo is actually Tom Taiwo 😄 He is smaller than I expected

Edson Arantes
22-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Grandparents lived above Roy Barry.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-01-2016, 12:40 PM
Paul Hanlon lives near my Grandparents in Clermiston area

WeeRussell
22-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Is that your way of saying Galbraith was a bit of a *unt? Or that they were both good guys, but Torben just had that extra sociable edge?

I was quite pally with Galbraith at School - he's okay for a hearts ***t.

mim
22-01-2016, 12:53 PM
Kano stays round the corner from my folks house. Used to deliver his paper in the morning. Good tipper at christmas!!

GGTTH
FTHMFC

Kano stays 2 minutes away from me apparently. I only moved here in December,haven't seen him yet.

Lived a few doors up from a young Kano and his mum and dad in Sydney Terrace in the sixties.

Brightside
22-01-2016, 12:56 PM

He's never oot the chippie!

I used to live near Gordon Hunter as a kid and delivered Rolls and Papers to his house. NoTW, Sunday Mail, Dozen well fired.

KdyHby
22-01-2016, 12:58 PM
Jackie McNamara moved in immediately next door to me last year. It was a weird experience having JM and Ralph Callachan chatting next to me while I worked on my garden. The house will be up for sale within a few months if anyone fancies having JM as a neighbour!

Brightside
22-01-2016, 01:00 PM
I pick up and take home Gary Smith's son to work every morning.. Really good lad and cracking football player...

Is he in Porty now? I keep seeing Gary Smith on the Prom.

Moulin Yarns
22-01-2016, 01:32 PM
As a kid at school my best mate lived next to Peter Marinello in Logie Green

PaulC
22-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Is he in Porty now? I keep seeing Gary Smith on the Prom.

He is, been there for a good 10 years

PaulC
22-01-2016, 03:01 PM
He's never oot the chippie!

I used to live near Gordon Hunter as a kid and delivered Rolls and Papers to his house. NoTW, Sunday Mail, Dozen well fired.

Is Tom a Carlos or St Andrews chippie man?

jabis
22-01-2016, 03:06 PM
Gordon Hunter used to live in Scotland street when I lived in the New Town. Also saw Sauzee around that area a lot so I take it he lived in the New Town while at Hibs.

Where I live now Gary Smith lives 4 doors along from me.

Must use your car to let pupils do some reverse parking 😁

stoneyburn hibs
22-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Not living next door but Scott Nisbet, ex Rangers would sometimes have a kick about with us down Muirhouse/Pennywell .

Lago
22-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Jock Govan lived across the street from me. Half/full back during the Famous 5 era.
Used to have a drink and chat with Jock when I stayed in Dalkeith, some great story's from his playkng days.
Des Bremner lived round the corner from me in Kirkcaldy & Jim McArthur lived a few streets away, although I think he is now in Dunfermline or Dalgetty Bay.

PaulC
22-01-2016, 03:32 PM
Must use your car to let pupils do some reverse parking 😁

Right outside my house normally 😄

Brightside
22-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Is Tom a Carlos or St Andrews chippie man?

St Andrews.

jabis
22-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Right outside my house normally 😄

Black polo,just L plates,don't throw any flares at us 😇

aarsan
22-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Didn't know his address but he did stay here for a while.

Broxburn is nowhere near as bad as some of the other West Lothian towns for that. Too many Edinburgh folk moved in :greengrin

Stayed in the big house, set off the road next to Broxburn Bargain centre. looks like somewhere the Adams family woud stay !

PaulC
22-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Black polo,just L plates,don't throw any flares at us 😇

Watch out for the Black x3 when reversing 👍

Aldo
22-01-2016, 05:57 PM
My son played for East Calder but wasn't born until 97 :)

East Calder amateurs run by Boaby Laird and co!!

Just a wee bit younger than me Mrs S!! ;-)

Aldo
22-01-2016, 05:59 PM
Stayed in the big house, set off the road next to Broxburn Bargain centre. looks like somewhere the Adams family woud stay !

The old dental practice which was renovated!

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Not living next door but Scott Nisbet, ex Rangers would sometimes have a kick about with us down Muirhouse/Pennywell .

Scott Nisbet lived opposite me in North Gyle when I moved there in 92.

bob12345
22-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Mcleish lived round the corner from me. My mum organised for me to have a shirt signed by the squad for my birthday and he dropped it round himself.

My brother used to play at the same age group as Mixu's kid and the big man always used to turn up to games throwing sticks for his dog to chase.

Chris Hogg always used to come into my work to play snooker. Could have saved a fortune by getting a membership!

Oh and lastly Ian Murray used to go to my high school and the Hibs supporting English teacher retired his seat!

HibbyAndy
22-01-2016, 06:13 PM

Akent his missus when they stayed near the Laird & dog Near Bonnyrigg

DaveF
22-01-2016, 06:17 PM

Nisbet stayed in the same estate as me in 1999 \ early 2000's when I lived in Bonnyrigg.

I also stayed a corner kick from Keith Wright when growing up in Greendykes :greengrin

Jay
22-01-2016, 06:19 PM
East Calder amateurs run by Boaby Laird and co!!

Just a wee bit younger than me Mrs S!! ;-)

Think the amateurs ceased to be last year but I could be wrong Rab McCulloch was running it.

HibbyAndy
22-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Nisbet stayed in the same estate as me in 1999 \ early 2000's when I lived in Bonnyrigg.

I also stayed a corner kick from Keith Wright when growing up in Greendykes :greengrin

Didnae ken you lived in bonnyrigg Dave, Calderwood was ace on a Saturday night :thumbsup:

DaveF
22-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Didnae ken you lived in bonnyrigg Dave, Calderwood was ace on a Saturday night :thumbsup:

I was only there for a couple of years. Lived in the new (well it was new then) Peacock estates and didn't venture into the pubs too much :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
22-01-2016, 07:19 PM
Akent his missus when they stayed near the Laird & dog Near Bonnyrigg

True story and I think it was reported in the press at the time, during one Sunday kick about he got injured and had to miss the next Rangers game. Fined and reprimanded. Played for them but a good guy.

silverhibee
22-01-2016, 08:58 PM
The old dental practice which was renovated!

He was warned about Broxburn, but he thought it was a nice wee place (which it is) but it is full of the type of folk that wouldn't take to kindly to him moving in to basically bang in the middle of the town, explains the dentist, a strange looking house, why he thought moving in to the main street through a town, any town was a good idea. :rolleyes: :greengrin

It is a tough old town so it is, my Uncle who had a haulage firm up by the red hills would have bare knuckle fights in his yard, this would be about 40 years ago mind you, :greengrin but always had a rep for the locals to support the old club fae Glasgow and a few nutters as well.

silverhibee
22-01-2016, 09:04 PM

Lived along past Martello Court in Muirhouse, used to have great games against Scott, Muirhouse Primary vs Silverknowes Primary, and muck about's in the street, remember him having to walk through Muirhouse in his Rangers suit when he stayed at his mums, was a decent guy back then.

Skol
22-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Not long after joining Rangers, Craig Paterson moved in a few streets away.

One day me and my (hibby) mate were in the school playing football using their goalposts. Craig was out for a run and one of us (forget who) shouted
' Craig Paterson's a poof'. (in our defence that kind of thing was almost acceptable in those days !!!)

He went radio rental and we were for the first time ever relieved that there was a 5m fence around the school playing fields

ArmadaleHibs
22-01-2016, 09:31 PM
I stayed at double hedges since I was ten. When I was about 15 I delivered Steve archibalds newspaper for best part of a year when playing for Hibs. He stayed opposite kings buildings in what can only be described as a mansion. I played footy as a kid with mikey renwick.

gorgie greens
22-01-2016, 11:03 PM

sauzee stayed in Northumberland street in the new town , well i picked him up once in my taxi there,

Topographic Hibby
23-01-2016, 12:58 AM
sauzee stayed in Northumberland street in the new town , well i picked him up once in my taxi there,

...ie the most expensive street in Scotland!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-35060899

Forza Fred
23-01-2016, 07:16 AM
Jimmy O'Rourke stayed in the Narellan Motel in my Sydney suburb in south west Sydney when he was out here.

Colr
23-01-2016, 09:19 AM
Ally Brazil used to live in my town when I was a kid.

Aldo
23-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Think the amateurs ceased to be last year but I could be wrong Rab McCulloch was running it.

Been a long long time since I last played there Mrs S. 1991.

Grove used to be our 'home pub'

Aldo
23-01-2016, 09:25 AM
He was warned about Broxburn, but he thought it was a nice wee place (which it is) but it is full of the type of folk that wouldn't take to kindly to him moving in to basically bang in the middle of the town, explains the dentist, a strange looking house, why he thought moving in to the main street through a town, any town was a good idea. :rolleyes: :greengrin It is a tough old town so it is, my Uncle who had a haulage firm up by the red hills would have bare knuckle fights in his yard, this would be about 40 years ago mind you, :greengrin but always had a rep for the locals to support the old club fae Glasgow and a few nutters as well.

Very very large Hun contingent and a stones throw from a Hun pub at the time. Massive Oranges walks in the marching season as well.

Surely had to be other places he could of stayed.

I lived far enough out of the Main Street for it not to bother me but Defoe tensions raised at times.

Jay
23-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Been a long long time since I last played there Mrs S. 1991.

Grove used to be our 'home pub'

The Grove had been a Tesco for a few years now :)

Andy74
23-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Very very large Hun contingent and a stones throw from a Hun pub at the time. Massive Oranges walks in the marching season as well.

Surely had to be other places he could of stayed.

I lived far enough out of the Main Street for it not to bother me but Defoe tensions raised at times.

I know the house now. Past it this morning. Lovely house maybe best in town but a very strange choice for a prominent Celtic player.

Green Man
23-01-2016, 01:14 PM
I used to stay across the stair from Mickey Weir's brother. He never came to visit.

Squealing pig
23-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Wullie temperley stays in my street . good friends with his son

Aldo
23-01-2016, 02:29 PM
The Grove had been a Tesco for a few years now :)

Is it.

Told you it had been a while?? ;-)

Persevere80
25-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Ivan was my neighbour, great guy and really down to earth, total athlete, used to bump into him in the kebab shop on Saturday nights or scotmid getting a late night snacks, always had time for a chat though

I seen Ivan in Scotmid a few times too. He signed the back of my paper when I was buying the morning rolls the day after the derby (the one when Deano crashed into Gordon)

He always had time to talk. I will always remember talking to him outside coopers bar. Everyone was in the pub singing, he's here, he's there. little did they know he was standing right outside.

AinsterHibs
25-01-2016, 04:36 PM

Same here, the house:flag: next door.

Good Hibby :)

AinsterHibs
25-01-2016, 04:39 PM

You must have been at the end of the block, as I was at the gable-end, and he was the next one to me.

He did like his parties.:flag:

AinsterHibs
25-01-2016, 04:40 PM

Twas Bishops Park :):flag:

speedy_gonzales
25-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Maybe not up there with Sauzee & the likes but Tony Caig lived across from my house for a year. Derek Townsley was a regular visitor.
A couple of years back Brad McKay (ex hearts) lived in the same flat and upset all the neighbours, living his rock'n'roll lifestyle.

pedroorange1875
25-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Me and Joe Tortolano were neighbours for a few years....great guy, should never have moved :-)

silverhibee
25-01-2016, 11:37 PM
I used to stay across the stair from Mickey Weir's brother. He never came to visit.

Tubbs. ?

Bill Milne
26-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Arthur Milne used to be down the road from my family. His widow is still there, in fact. Used to cause confusion in the paper shop due to us having the same surname.

WestEndHibee
26-01-2016, 10:54 AM
Providing that he's still staying over here in the West, I live a couple of streets away from Anthony Stokes. See him quite often in the supermarket nearby.