PDA

View Full Version : Aidan Connolly

ekhibee
21-01-2016, 02:35 PM
I see this young guy's leaving D Utd. When I first saw a him playing in a few highlights he looked a really good young player in the making. Looks like his confidence has been shot since. I suppose he's another player playing in a position we've already got plenty of competition, but I still reckon he could have been a good player for a team like Hibs. Thoughts?

Billy Whizz
21-01-2016, 02:41 PM
I see this young guy's leaving D Utd. When I first saw a him playing in a few highlights he looked a really good young player in the making. Looks like his confidence has been shot since. I suppose he's another player playing in a position we've already got plenty of competition, but I still reckon he could have been a good player for a team like Hibs. Thoughts?
He was linked to Hibs in the last window, Stanton/Connolly swap. Can't get in the United team though

Billy Whizz
21-01-2016, 03:18 PM
Noticed Mcgowan has left United too, back to China

Iain G
21-01-2016, 03:19 PM

Mixu dismantling the team there?!

GordonHFC
21-01-2016, 03:26 PM

Thought he was supposed to be signing a pre contract with Abersheep?

Ozyhibby
21-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Mixu dismantling the team there?!

They are not really a team anyway. He has to do something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Needs strong characters up for the fight.

Smartie
21-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Good to see Mixu getting in about it.

They've got a stinking squad of players and nae money so he had to try something. My mate says he's been starting to get abuse these past few weeks so it's good to see he's not taking it lying down and by shipping out big earners and players who aren't cutting it at least he stands a chance of doing some wheeling and dealing and turning it around.

I'm no Dundee United fan whatsoever but I'd love to see the big guy turn this around (although obviously not at our cost). He was a great player for us and he got a raw deal from us as manager (I include myself in this) and I'd like to see him succeed from what is a difficult situation.

Hermit Crab
21-01-2016, 04:04 PM

Was he not one of their better defenders?:confused:

hibees 7062
21-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Sheep wanted McGowan

Big_Franck
21-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Was he not one of their better defenders?:confused:

Naw, he's been brutal for them whenever I've seen them. He'll probably have been on a decent wage and they can get better IMO. Was hoping he'd sign for Aberdeen or Hearts again so disappointed to hear he's off to China.

Connolly has looked ok when i've seen him, but the fact he can't get in a terrible Dundee United team speaks volumes.

Jones28
21-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Surprised to see McGowan has left, though personally if he's in China he's not far enough away.

Hope Mixu can turn things around, dyou think he'll get the sack if they go down?

portycabbage
21-01-2016, 05:39 PM

They must have got wind of this news over there, hence the recent economic growth figures being the worst they've been for 25 years.

DH1875
21-01-2016, 05:42 PM
Surprised to see McGowan has left, though personally if he's in China he's not far enough away.

Hope Mixu can turn things around, dyou think he'll get the sack if they go down?

Is Mixu's contract not up at the end of the season or did they give him a 2 year deal? Either way, reckon he'll be gone when they go down.

Jones28
21-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Is Mixu's contract not up at the end of the season or did they give him a 2 year deal? Either way, reckon he'll be gone when they go down.

Not sure mate, I'd imagine he would go if they go down.

Stevie Reid
21-01-2016, 05:54 PM
Connolly looked a good wee player on the few occasions that I saw him, always looking to get on the ball and make things happen. Must be one of the smallest players to ever play in the SPL mind you, he's tiny.

Would be surprised if we pursued him.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-01-2016, 06:05 PM
McGowan is an utter tubesteak. Just thought I'd add that.

Big L
21-01-2016, 08:54 PM
Dun Utd are down no matter what Mixu does, it's to big a job, and Hamilton are doing what we did, sinking like a stone. It would be ironic if we don't win this league, that we could be facing them in the play off!!

Hermit Crab
22-01-2016, 12:08 PM
Connolly has signed for Raith Rovers until the end of the season.

Bayern Bru
22-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Connolly looked a good wee player on the few occasions that I saw him, always looking to get on the ball and make things happen. Must be one of the smallest players to ever play in the SPL mind you, he's tiny.

Would be surprised if we pursued him.

5ft 4in - same height as Feruz, actually.

Didn't realise he was Paddy Connolly's son! (Aidan, not Feruz).

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-01-2016, 01:34 PM
See they are wanting to send out Charlie Telfer on loan as well.