PDA

View Full Version : Malonga to Italy

lucky
21-01-2016, 12:32 PM
DR reporting that Dom is wanted by Seria B side Pro Vercelli. Will he go? If so how much? I'd rather he stayed.

easty
21-01-2016, 12:33 PM
Hope he stays

Golden Bear
21-01-2016, 12:34 PM
DR reporting that Dom is wanted by Seria B side Pro Vercelli. Will he go? If so how much? I'd rather he stayed.

I'd keep one of them but not so sure about the other fellah.

:wink:

SouthMoroccoStu
21-01-2016, 12:35 PM
The Daily Ranger trying to cause a rift with the fans, unsettle a player and cause a disturbance in the squad

Say it aint so.....

stantonhibby

Was there not something in the summer about him leaving, said his goodbyes etc and then nothing happened. Prefer that he stayed tbh. Can be a matchwinner on his day.

since90plustwo
He will be a free agent in the summer so he will prossibly go for nothing in Jan if we let him go but really can't see that happening.

jabis
21-01-2016, 12:38 PM
I think we all know, that rag of a paper will continue to disrupt hibs for the rest of the season.

marinello59
21-01-2016, 12:40 PM
I hope he stays. One of our best players.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Played in Italy before. No doubt that the DR is stit shirring, but Dom needs to react in the right way to Stokes coming in.

easty
21-01-2016, 12:42 PM
He will be a free agent in the summer so he will prossibly go for nothing in Jan if we let him go but really can't see that happening.

Is that possibly or probably?

Golden Bear
21-01-2016, 12:44 PM
Is that possibly or probably?

I can't really make my mind up on that one but I'm liking this new word.

Iceman1875
21-01-2016, 12:48 PM
I'll go against the grain here but I wouldn't be too saddened if he left. On his day he is clearly a player and has a lot to offer. He frustrates the hell out of me with his laid back approach and lack of desire to track back and work hard for the team.

Technically strong, not on team player willing to muck in IMO [emoji15]

At Easter Road we play...

woodythehibee
21-01-2016, 12:48 PM
I reckon Dom will be off in the summer, which is a shame as I would keep him. He can be great to watch at times.

It looked as if he was leaving in the Summer and Stubbsy didn't seem desperate to keep him. Hopefully he stays though.

easty
21-01-2016, 12:57 PM
I can't really make my mind up on that one but I'm liking this new word.

It'll prosibily get added to the dictionary at some point.

BroxburnHibee
21-01-2016, 01:06 PM
DR in negative Hibs story shock.....

Better get used to that over next few months.

erin go bragh
21-01-2016, 01:08 PM
The most naturally gifted player we have in the squad imo .
I for one hope he stays and signs a new deal .

GGTTH

since90plustwo
21-01-2016, 01:08 PM
It'll prosibily get added to the dictionary at some point.

I think i will go with probably as i am not 100% sure which one i meant :rolleyes:

jabis
21-01-2016, 01:35 PM
I think i will go with probably as i am not 100% sure which one i meant :rolleyes:

You've certainobibly started something .

J-C
21-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Out of contract n the summer, he's been good but rather inconsistent, do we thank him for all he's done and get a wee small fee for him now, or let his contract run down and he goes for nothing. It all depends if AS thinks the other 4 fit strikers will be enough to get us through, if he's only playing 2 up top, then 4 strikers are plenty.

kaimendhibs
21-01-2016, 01:38 PM
I hope he stays. Links the play really well when on his game.

Stevie Reid
21-01-2016, 01:48 PM
One of the best players we have had in recent years. Be very disappointed if he left.

Lancs Harp
21-01-2016, 01:50 PM
Interesting club Pro Vercelli a sort of Queens Park of Italian football. Very successful in the early days of the game over there.

Not that that is relevant to Dom possibly going over there.

I too think Dom would leave this summer so perhaps its a point to debate as to whether we should let him go now ad try and get something for him

Greencore
21-01-2016, 01:50 PM
Good player for us, if he wants to leave then that's life, as he says.. "Next"

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2016, 01:54 PM
I hope we get him to stay beyond the summer, i think he's better against better teams who try and make a game of it.

CallumLaidlaw
21-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Probably the player that causes the biggest debate in the current Hibs team. Fans seem to either love him or hate him. And the ones that hate him, it doesnt seem to matter what he does, he still cant win them over. Personally he gives us something completely different from any of our other strikers. I would like to see him stay.

Lancs Harp
21-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Hes got natural talent. When he's on it he's great to watch but an fade in and out of games. Overall I enjoy watching him. If Im honest I think his game would be far more suited to the continent than Scotland.

Ozyhibby
21-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Not fussed to be honest. Decent on his day but they don't come around often enough. Also misses too many chances for me. Stokes is a far better player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
21-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Very under appreciated. Would be gutted if he left.

Stevie Reid
21-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Probably the player that causes the biggest debate in the current Hibs team. Fans seem to either love him or hate him. And the ones that hate him, it doesnt seem to matter what he does, he still cant win them over. Personally he gives us something completely different from any of our other strikers. I would like to see him stay.

I truly cannot for the life of me understand how anyone doesn't like him - especially given the dearth of quality we've had in our side for years prior to Stubbs' arrival. Even though this has been a disappointing goalscoring season for him, his goals to starts ratio is still hugely impressive (22 in 42), and he has much more to offer than goals.

The reaction of many on here to him is one of the most perplexing things I've encountered when it comes to Hibs (the amount of people who tried to insist that Isaiah Osbourne was an excellent player, and was somehow good for us, is right up there too). I truly thought that his goal against Aberdeen would have won over the remaining ones who don't like him, but sadly not.

The bottom line is this - people just don't like him, and that would remain the case if he scored in every game he played for us (as was almost literally the case, for a good part of last season). They'd still come back with complaints about his demeanour, or work rate (which are utter nonsense anyway). I cannot see that Malonga's game, and indeed Hibs' performaces, would somehow benefit from him running a bit faster when he's not involved in the game.

matty_f
21-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Very under appreciated. Would be gutted if he left.

:agree:

mim
21-01-2016, 02:16 PM
I truly cannot for the life of me understand how anyone doesn't like him - especially given the dearth of quality we've had in our side for years prior to Stubbs' arrival. Even though this has been a disappointing goalscoring season for him, his goals to starts ratio is still hugely impressive (22 in 42), and he has much more to offer than goals.

The reaction of many on here to him is one of the most perplexing things I've encountered when it comes to Hibs (the amount of people who tried to insist that Isaiah Osbourne was an excellent player, and was somehow good for us, is right up there too). I truly thought that his goal against Aberdeen would have won over the remaining ones who don't like him, but sadly not.

The bottom line is this - people just don't like him, and that would remain the case if he scored in every game he played for us (as was almost literally the case, for a good part of last season). They'd still come back with complaints about his demeanour, or work rate (which are utter nonsense anyway). I cannot see that Malonga's game, and indeed Hibs' performaces, would somehow benefit from him running a bit faster when he's not involved in the game.
This 100% :agree:
Our best player by some distance.

SON OF PADDY
21-01-2016, 02:26 PM

It's the same from me !!

Brightside
21-01-2016, 02:31 PM
I'll go against the grain here but I wouldn't be too saddened if he left. On his day he is clearly a player and has a lot to offer. He frustrates the hell out of me with his laid back approach and lack of desire to track back and work hard for the team.

Technically strong, not on team player willing to muck in IMO [emoji15]

If we could get money for him I'd sell him this window.

Deansy
21-01-2016, 02:41 PM
To let Dom go would be utter madness .

essexhibee
21-01-2016, 02:41 PM
He's the Hibs Georgios Samaras! :agree:

Ozyhibby
21-01-2016, 02:45 PM

I can see he has qualities but he is just not consistent enough. Every beautiful bit of skill is matched by him tripping over the ball next time it comes to him.
Don't mind if he stays and would be a decent option coming off the bench but right now we need to be scoring more goals and he is just not getting enough.

Smartie
21-01-2016, 02:45 PM
First name on my team sheet every week. That's been the case since Scott Allan left and remains the same even now we've signed Stokes.

When he plays, we play. Look at our very best performances over the past 18 months and he's been at the heart of them all.

Very clever player, holds it up brilliantly, deceptively quick and has the ability to score a total raker with no warning.

I love the maverick player and Hibs have had too many unappealing, tedious, work-shy, robotic, shrinking violets these last few years. Finally we get a sometimes frustrating but massively talented, moody but bonkers character like Malonga and some don't want him here?

Madness.

leggeto
21-01-2016, 03:02 PM
It will be a load of pi5h, its the daily ranger

snooky
21-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Would like him to stay but if he goes, he'll go with a "Solonga Malonga" & my best wishes.

Iceman1875
21-01-2016, 03:22 PM

Agreed.

dangermouse
21-01-2016, 03:33 PM

Agreed.

Be careful what you wish for.

Stevie Reid
21-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Apart from anything else, we are challenging for a title and need all the good players we have at our disposal.

Springbank
21-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Be careful what you wish for.

I wished for a goal against Falkirk from our strikers when we really needed it

Big_Franck
21-01-2016, 03:45 PM
I like big Dom but he is frustratingly inconsistent and has not scored enough goals this season for me. I'd not be too fussed about him leaving in the summer but I can't see why we would let him go now.

McKenzie
21-01-2016, 04:11 PM
We don't have another striker like him who can hold the ball up and link the play. Would be gutted if he left

Gmack7
21-01-2016, 04:19 PM
We don't have another striker like him who can hold the ball up and link the play. Would be gutted if he left

Maybe dagnall slots in? Maybe not

AlbertK86
21-01-2016, 04:23 PM
I wished for a goal against Falkirk from our strikers when we really needed it

I wished for one against RR and big Dom rattled in a peach

jacomo
21-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Apart from anything else, we are challenging for a title and need all the good players we have at our disposal.

We must keep King Dom. All you doubters are wrong. Tremendous player.

Andy74
21-01-2016, 05:04 PM
I can see he has qualities but he is just not consistent enough. Every beautiful bit of skill is matched by him tripping over the ball next time it comes to him.
Don't mind if he stays and would be a decent option coming off the bench but right now we need to be scoring more goals and he is just not getting enough.

Mostly nonsense.

Pretty Boy
21-01-2016, 05:10 PM
Be disappointed to see him go.

I really want to see him playing 'in the hole' behind Cummings and Stokes. He'd work a treat in there and the other 2 can score the goals.

bingo70
21-01-2016, 05:13 PM
Be disappointed to see him go.

I really want to see him playing 'in the hole' behind Cummings and Stokes. He'd work a treat in there and the other 2 can score the goals.

I did think about that position for him but I think he's at his best when he gets a bit space. I think he could get crowded out in that position.

Andy74
21-01-2016, 05:16 PM
I did think about that position for him but I think he's at his best when he gets a bit space. I think he could get crowded out in that position.

Worked well second half against Raith away recently.

emerald green
21-01-2016, 05:47 PM

The bit in bold. I think you may be onto something there. With some folk (hopefully / probably a small minority), I suspect it's got nothing to do with his demeanour or work rate either.

Brooster
21-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Should really keep him as long as the treble is on but how much would you take for him considering he is out of contract soon? £200k?

hibee-boys
21-01-2016, 05:57 PM
The bit in bold. I think you may be onto something there. With some folk (hopefully / probably a small minority), I suspect it's got nothing to do with his demeanour or work rate either.

If you're suggesting what i think you are I really hope that's not the case, not hibs class.

emerald green
21-01-2016, 06:07 PM
If you're suggesting what i think you are I really hope that's not the case, not hibs class.

It may not be "Hibs class" mate, but I'm afraid there are some folk who are like that. Even some Hibs supporters, believe it or not. Every club has some.

Pedantic_Hibee
21-01-2016, 06:10 PM
I'd sell Cummings before I sold Malonga. The man is a lithe and languid God.

Bishop Hibee
21-01-2016, 06:16 PM
We should be keeping all our good players if we want promotion. That includes Malonga.

Northernhibee
21-01-2016, 06:17 PM
His goal vs Aberdeen was one of the best goals at ER in a long time. Fended off three players, beat his man, great finish. A goal of beauty at any level.

jacomo
21-01-2016, 06:33 PM
It may not be "Hibs class" mate, but I'm afraid there are some folk who are like that. Even some Hibs supporters, believe it or not. Every club has some.

Regrettably I agree with you. But you'll get shouted down for it.

.Sean.
21-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Very under appreciated. Would be gutted if he left.:agree:

Big_Franck
21-01-2016, 06:35 PM

That's not the first time this has been suggested on this forum and it may well have been you that suggested it before. It was nonsense then and it's nonsense now.

IMO the main reason he reason he isn't universally popular is that he doesn't score as many goals as he should given the chances he has. His scoring record at Hibs was quoted as being 22 in 42 earlier in the thread, but that's from Wikipedia and it's wrong.

Soccerbase shows it's actually 22 in 56 games, the vast majority of which he started with the vast majority obviously being in the Scottish second tier. He has 6 goals in 23 games this season, which is not good enough IMO and is why his worth to the team is sometimes questioned.

Blaster
21-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Should really keep him as long as the treble is on but how much would you take for him considering he is out of contract soon? £200k?

I think that would be acceptable as long as it was used towards a replacement, preferably a target man. Would prefer him to stay though

Stevie Reid
21-01-2016, 06:52 PM
That's not the first time this has been suggested on this forum and it may well have been you that suggested it before. It was nonsense then and it's nonsense now.

IMO the main reason he reason he isn't universally popular is that he doesn't score as many goals as he should given the chances he has. His scoring record at Hibs was quoted as being 22 in 42 earlier in the thread, but that's from Wikipedia and it's wrong.

Soccerbase shows it's actually 22 in 56 games, the vast majority of which he started with the vast majority obviously being in the Scottish second tier. He has 6 goals in 23 games this season, which is not good enough IMO and is why his worth to the team is sometimes questioned.

My stat isn't wrong - it's from Soccerbase and I stated that it's goals to starts, which is what strikers are judged on.

Green Badger
21-01-2016, 06:56 PM

Big_Franck
21-01-2016, 07:09 PM
My stat isn't wrong - it's from Soccerbase and I stated that it's goals to starts, which is what strikers are judged on.

Fair enough, I missed that in your original post. I disagree that strikers should be judged on the goals to starts ratio though (and I know it's sometimes used by the media) as if we are discounting the appearances as a sub we'd surely also have to discount the goals scored as a sub? Doesn't make any sense otherwise.

One question for you - do you think Malonga has scored enough goals this season?

Stevie Reid
21-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Fair enough, I missed that in your original post. I disagree that strikers should be judged on the goals to starts ratio though (and I know it's sometimes used by the media) as if we are discounting the appearances as a sub we'd surely also have to discount the goals scored as a sub? Doesn't make any sense otherwise.

One question for you - do you think Malonga has scored enough goals this season?

It's only fair to judge on goals to starts, that is how strikers are judged - a sub appearance will very rarely last the majority of the game, whilst starts almost always do. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was famous for being a super sub for Man Utd, and in 11 years there he scored 28 off the bench - i.e. just over 2.5 per season. Dom hasn't even had two seasons with us yet, and I think he's managed more than a couple off the bench.

Could he have scored more goals for us this season? Certainly - any striker usually could. Should be have? Probably, there have been missed chances - again, common for a striker. The key question for me is are we better off having him than not - and my answer to that is overwhelmingly yes. DM was an out of transfer window emergency signing due to Farid's injury - such good business is not often done by many clubs. I find the idea of letting him go a very difficult one to fathom.

His qualities should see every Hibs supporter wishing to retain him, especially with the big games we have coming up, and the fact that we are pushing for the title. The fact that he has been on the fringes of the side at times is a reflection on the quality of the squad that we have now, and not purely down to the fact that his goal returns have diminished.

All strikers go through barren spells, this will pass - and I will say that the quality of some of his goals this season has been exquisite (though you'd always take quantity over quality, clearly). If Jason were to get injured then he becomes even more important to us, and we need all our good players at our disposal at this point in time.

eastmainsmsh
21-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Shame if Dom goes but a fee would be good think he is better than serie b tho

adhibs
21-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Shame if Dom goes but a fee would be good think he is better than serie b tho

Seria b's much more than likely a better than the scottish championship. But then he is better than the level were currently at.

Bostonhibby
21-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Quality player, in the hibs tradition I would be sorry to see him go and that's when we'd realise how good he was.

For me this is a typical ****** story. Pity there's nae one at the rangers they could say an Italian club might actually want! Waghorn?[emoji23]

Big_Franck
21-01-2016, 08:05 PM
It's only fair to judge on goals to starts, that is how strikers are judged - a sub appearance will very rarely last the majority of the game, whilst starts almost always do. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was famous for being a super sub for Man Utd, and in 11 years there he scored 28 off the bench - i.e. just over 2.5 per season. Dom hasn't even had two seasons with us yet, and I think he's managed more than a couple off the bench.

Could he have scored more goals for us this season? Certainly - any striker usually could. Should be have? Probably, there have been missed chances - again, common for a striker. The key question for me is are we better off having him than not - and my answer to that is overwhelmingly yes. DM was an out of transfer window emergency signing due to Farid's injury - such good business is not often done by many clubs. I find the idea of letting him go a very difficult one to fathom.

His qualities should see every Hibs supporter wishing to retain him, especially with the big games we have coming up, and the fact that we are pushing for the title. The fact that he has been on the fringes of the side at times is a reflection on the quality of the squad that we have now, and not purely down to the fact that his goal returns have diminished.

All strikers go through barren spells, this will pass - and I will say that the quality of some of his goals this season has been exquisite (though you'd always take quantity over quality, clearly). If Jason were to get injured then he becomes even more important to us, and we need all our good players at our disposal at this point in time.

That's the crux of it for me. His goalscoring record this season hasn't been good enough and he has received some criticism as a result.

Of course I would take quantity over quality when it comes to goals. Who wouldn't?

I agree that it was a good bit of business to get him when we did though and I agree, as I did earlier, that we should keep him for the time being at least. Whether he stays beyond the summer will in large part be down to his performances and number of goals between now and May.

Stevie Reid
21-01-2016, 08:11 PM
That's the crux of it for me. His goalscoring record this season hasn't been good enough and he has received some criticism as a result.

Of course I would take quantity over quality when it comes to goals. Who wouldn't?

I agree that it was a good bit of business to get him when we did though and I agree, as I did earlier, that we should keep him for the time being at least. Whether he stays beyond the summer will in large part be down to his performances and number of goals between now and May.

Ironically, not scoring goals doesn't seem to be what he does get criticised for - the same people were making the same complaints about him when he was scoring every week.

Incidentally, the 'you'd always take quantity over quality' was meant as anyone would, not that you would and I wouldn't.

I would agree that if he offers nothing between now and May then he would have something to worry about - however, I find that hard to imagine, and would be delighted if he signed a new contract tomorrow.

The_Exile
21-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Is he an out and out striker though? I'd say Cummings was the main goalscorer with Dom linking phases of play in the opposition half, capable of scoring too so a good player to have on the pitch. If we're talking about winning the league then getting shot of our best all round attacking football player isn't they way to go about it IMO.

Forza Fred
21-01-2016, 08:26 PM
I'd keep him to the end of the season, but wouldn't be upset if he goes then.

Last thing we want to do at the moment is deplete our options.

Having said that...he strikes me as an up and down player...someone who MAY come in and play a leading role, but in other games doesn't even look as if he has bundied on.

We can't afford anything but totally committed players going forward, and I view him as a luxury rather than a necessity.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-01-2016, 08:31 PM
I remember at primary school when Robbie Williams left Take That and all the girls in my class were crying and phoning emergency hotlines to speak to someone about how they were feeling. That's about where I'll be if Dom leaves us. Say it isn't so [emoji45]

swindonhibs
21-01-2016, 08:49 PM

Have said this before, the problem is the quality of players around him IMHO

Willis1875
21-01-2016, 08:59 PM
For as important Jason Cummings is with his goals,his link up play with Malonga could improve,he can be a bit greedy at times instead of looking for the big felly in the box

Golden Bear
21-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Mind you there really is some classic nonsense on this thread! You can only laugh!

Boyle89
21-01-2016, 09:56 PM
It pains me to say this but there might be something to this story. There was an Italian guy at EM today.

HoboHarry
21-01-2016, 10:07 PM
It pains me to say this but there might be something to this story. There was an Italian guy at EM today.
Interesting. There was a guy from the Congo there too as well as another from Morocco.......

Boyle89
21-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Interesting. There was a guy from the Congo there too as well as another from Morocco.......

Not quite sure what you're trying to say. Maybe I'm just putting 2 and 2 together but it might actually happen. I hope it doesn't as I really rate Dom and want him to stay beyond this season!

broondog
21-01-2016, 10:12 PM
I hope he stays. One of our best players.

sorry but he is not even close to being one of our best. average player at best and our 4th choice striker. if we can get anything for him id let him go

snedzuk
21-01-2016, 10:16 PM

And one from linlithgow - maybe hes away to the rosey posey

WeeRussell
21-01-2016, 10:19 PM
sorry but he is not even close to being one of our best. average player at best and our 4th choice striker. if we can get anything for him id let him go

Sorry but you're wrong. The most natural footballer of all of our strikers. Certainly not average.

Until he runs around daft chasing balls he's not going to win, some people will never realise this.

Jonnyboy
21-01-2016, 10:20 PM

:faf:

jacomo
21-01-2016, 10:20 PM

Oh please. You must be at it.

HoboHarry
21-01-2016, 10:21 PM
Oh please. You must be at it.
He is. It's not the first daft comment he has made on this site.

HappyAsHellas
21-01-2016, 10:26 PM
In the league game against Raith, they doubled up on Dom, but not Cummings. How come opposition managers can see the threat he poses whilst at the same game some fans were giving him pelters. Try watching the guy off the ball - his movement and runs drag defenders all over the place creating gaps for others to exploit. we do not have another striker with his footballing brain and it'll be a sad day if he goes.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-01-2016, 10:35 PM

Eh??

Pete
21-01-2016, 10:49 PM

lol

hibsbollah
21-01-2016, 10:49 PM
The radgeness, errant yamfuddery and sheer pishtalking that goes on these days on this site is beyond belief. If you don't appreciate Malonga you should have your season ticket taken away.

Ozyhibby
21-01-2016, 10:58 PM
I'm not a racist and I do appreciate some of the things he brings to the team but for me he just does not score enough goals and not scoring enough goals is our biggest problem just now.
I don't think we need to sell him though as I doubt anyone will offer enough cash to make it worth it. He is decent cover for the run in.

The_Horde
21-01-2016, 11:21 PM
There were a couple of guys beside me and my mates at the Raith cup game. Slated Malonga all match when it suited them. Until Dom scored that absolute pearler. Then they didn't even celebrate, were quiet for the remainder of the match and then slooped off in a rage before the end. Didn't even applaud when Dom went off.

I can only assume these guys post on here, by the look of some of the posts.

Baader
21-01-2016, 11:36 PM
Big player. Some people need to remember where we are and the type of striker we've had to suffer in recent years - Collins? Heffernan? Malonga is a gem we are lucky to have.

On a separate note, The Record's continual pro The Rangers / anti Hibs agenda is an absolute disgrace and an utter embarrassment. It's The Huns' Marca. A complete rag that really would be best shut down.

tamig
22-01-2016, 02:03 AM
We signed Dom for nothing and he can leave for nothing in the summer - if that's what he chooses to do. He's certainly worth more staying with us and playing a big part in the run-in - which I'm sure he will do - than getting some pishy nominal fee now. Malonga is a valuable player for us - there is nobody else in the squad capable of the magic we've seen from him. The folk who slate him just don't appreciate good football imo.

scotiaf
22-01-2016, 05:33 AM
No offense guys, but if you can't see what malonga brings to the team. You don't know football. I appreciate everyone has a right to an opinion but I'm just saying your wrong :)

Johnny_Leith
22-01-2016, 06:04 AM
It's a funny game, football. Divides opinion so strongly on all levels. I hope we keep Dom until the end of the season at least, I was a doubter of his attitude, never his ability, but he has turned my opinion showing some passion and scoring some important goals.

My worry would be if he has his heart set on using Hibs as a stepping stone to a better standard of football, will we see a fully focused Dom?

Borderhibbie76
22-01-2016, 07:17 AM
So the Daily Rag has achieved it's aim by printing a nonsense story...got Hibs fans fighting with eachother on here. Dom is going nowhere in Jan, Stubbsy knows the score even if some hibs fans don't

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
22-01-2016, 07:38 AM
If he's as good as people are saying on here, I'm surprised we are not being inundated with offers on a daily basis.
Seems everybody else in football must be racist or stupid as well. [emoji22]
He's a decent player and will provide decent cover for stokes and Cummings.

rodhibs55
22-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Is this just the Daily Rag setting up a bid for them to take Dom on Tick.

Big_Franck
22-01-2016, 08:18 AM
If he's as good as people are saying on here, I'm surprised we are not being inundated with offers on a daily basis.

Exactly. Numerous english championship scouts have come to watch Cummings so you'd think there would be more interest in Malonga if the self-appointed experts and football connoisseurs on here were right about him.

Don't agree that he will necessarily be cover though. There may well be games when Stubbs decides to go with Malonga and one other, or possibly play all three. I think Malonga will score less goals than the other two between now and the end of the season though.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-01-2016, 08:34 AM
If you sell King Dom, you're gonna have a riot in your hands!

Golden Bear
22-01-2016, 08:34 AM
Going by the ridicule that the great one receives each week, it would seem that the pundits and opposition fans alike have yet to appreciate the footballing abilities of our esteemed player.

Billy McKirdy
22-01-2016, 08:41 AM
So the Daily Rag has achieved it's aim by printing a nonsense story...got Hibs fans fighting with eachother on here. Dom is going nowhere in Jan, Stubbsy knows the score even if some hibs fans don't

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That's exactly what all this is about.
Mission accomplished by the DR.
Nonsense stories like this will be put out
for consumption until the day sevco get promoted and the masses fall for it everytime.
Dom is going nowhere.

Hiber-nation
22-01-2016, 08:54 AM
If you sell King Dom, you're gonna have a riot in your hands!

Riot away then. I like Malonga but he doesn't contribute enough for me and I wouldn't be all that bothered if we got a reasonable fee for him.

jacomo
22-01-2016, 09:03 AM

Much more than a squad player. Regardless if what others do or don't see in him, we play our best football when Dom is on the park.

superfurryhibby
22-01-2016, 09:09 AM
That's exactly what all this is about.
Mission accomplished by the DR.
Nonsense stories like this will be put out
for consumption until the day sevco get promoted and the masses fall for it everytime.
Dom is going nowhere.

To be fair, that's simply nonsense. Fans debate the merits of a player on a message board shock horror. Thee have only been a few daft comments amongst the many observations offered, so no one's fighting with each other really, are they?

We don't know if there is interest elsewhere, it could well be the case or it could be rubbish. Either way I don't think our players morale and commitment rest on the printed word of the Record. Mission accomplished credits them with having influence that they simply don't have, at least in this case.

JimBHibees
22-01-2016, 09:10 AM
Much more than a squad player. Regardless if what others do or don't see in him, we play our best football when Dom is on the park.

Not on Sunday we didnt. I do like him and his ability however there are times the game tends to pass him by IMO.

mentalhibee
22-01-2016, 09:11 AM
On his days he's our best player, can't see him being sold at this stage of the season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-01-2016, 09:11 AM
Riot away then. I like Malonga but he doesn't contribute enough for me and I wouldn't be all that bothered if we got a reasonable fee for him.

It's a song...

Billy McKirdy
22-01-2016, 09:27 AM
To be fair, that's simply nonsense. Fans debate the merits of a player on a message board shock horror. Thee have only been a few daft comments amongst the many observations offered, so no one's fighting with each other really, are they?

We don't know if there is interest elsewhere, it could well be the case or it could be rubbish. Either way I don't think our players morale and commitment rest on the printed word of the Record. Mission accomplished credits them with having influence that they simply don't have, at least in this case.

I wouldn't say it's complete nonsense and they do have a certain influence on the ill informed at least.

I'm merely saying and stating the obvious as have others that the rags and this one in particular excell in this schit stirring.

s.a.m
22-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Evening News Sport (http://twitter.com/edinburghsport)
@edinburghsport (http://twitter.com/edinburghsport)

Italian club confirm interest in Hibs striker. bit.ly/1PIBBWt (https://t.co/y0ULGfyiHb)

J-C
22-01-2016, 09:57 AM
As good a player Dom is, he's failed to score enough goals this season and this is one of the main reasons Stokes has been brought in, I can only see him being used from the bench now and it's whether he wants to be seen as a sub.

matty_f
22-01-2016, 10:07 AM

How many bids have Celtc had for Griffiths? Just because we're not inundated with bids doesn't mean Malonga isn't a cracking player.

superfurryhibby
22-01-2016, 10:30 AM
How many bids have Celtc had for Griffiths? Just because we're not inundated with bids doesn't mean Malonga isn't a cracking player.

Griffiths contract is n't expiring in a few months.

From what I've seen of Malonga, he's a decent footballer, needs to be a bit more dynamic and score more. Capable of some inspirational play, but needs to produce it a bit more often than he does, especially at the level we're playing at just now.

I suspect he will be away, if the interest in concrete.

MrSmith
22-01-2016, 10:42 AM
How about we start a story ...

Daily Record owns up to being bias towards Rangers and that Fat Boab writes everything for them ... PC Plod formerly known as Keek Smackson claimed that if the truth be told, no one could handle it! Further comments by Bomber Orange suggest, Rangers couldn't sign anyone without the assisatnce provided by the Daily Record. Former sports writer Gerry McNee claims to have written an honest article for the Daily Record in 1972! However, the Daily Record dispute this with Fat Boab claiming that nothing got past level 1690 without prior verification and subject to a bears fightback.

Andy74
22-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Griffiths contract is n't expiring in a few months.

From what I've seen of Malonga, he's a decent footballer, needs to be a bit more dynamic and score more. Capable of some inspirational play, but needs to produce it a bit more often than he does, especially at the level we're playing at just now.

I suspect he will be away, if the interest in concrete.

We've had this same thing with various decent footballers. We focus on the thing that they need to do more. It's not really his main attribute, poaching and scoring lots of goals.

I think we have got so used to his touch and ability to hold the ball and keep it moving that it doesn't really matter anymore.

The guy I think of most wth these sorts of discussions is Boozy.

He is now seen as one of the most gifted players we have had in recent years and we haven't had anyone since almost who could take the ball in and move it the way he did, but when he was here he was largely not rated, he didn't tackle enough and he didn't get forward and score goals.

We need all sort of different players to different roles - we play better with Malonga in the team and I would be extremely unhappy to lose him.

Blaster
22-01-2016, 10:49 AM
As I mentioned earlier in the thread I hope he stays. I think he is a good player with great technique

But if he does leave I also think he is replaceable. Possibly not with someone as as much technique but someone who would score more goals

Stevie Reid
22-01-2016, 11:09 AM
Also worth noting that, whilst this season has been disappointing overall in terms of his goal return - and I firmly believe that there's much more to his game than that - he's scored 3 in his last 5 games for us.

Brightside
22-01-2016, 11:17 AM
For people to suggest that you must know nothing about football if you point out a players faults in mental! Dom is a technically gifted player compared to the majority of home grown players. But his effort is questionable in many games and the coaches will openly tell you that. If he put in the amount of effort that JC puts in he would be nowhere near the Scottish league...

Golden Bear
22-01-2016, 11:28 AM
For people to suggest that you must know nothing about football if you point out a players faults in mental! Dom is a technically gifted player compared to the majority of home grown players. But his effort is questionable in many games and the coaches will openly tell you that. If he put in the amount of effort that JC puts in he would be nowhere near the Scottish league...

Absolutely correct.

Ozyhibby
22-01-2016, 11:37 AM

Not just that you know nothing about football but possibly racist as well. [emoji3]

Edson Arantes
22-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Good player.

Surely the SPL is preferable to Serie B?

Thecat23
22-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Big Dom is a good player, holds it well and when he wants to can put in a shift. Yes he does drift out games at times and you can get frustrated watching him. But overall he's up there with the best at the club!

If the money was right would i sell? Yes! I'd also sell Jason if we got silly money but that's football. Every player can be replaced simple as that if the club has the proper scouts and they are doing their jobs right!

He's at Hibs for a reason, if he was anything special he'd be down south or playing for a better team. Either way if he stays great, if he goes he goes.

Brightside
22-01-2016, 11:50 AM
Good player.

I wouldn't have thought so... SPL is prob equiv to the local pub league in Italy.

Salt N Sauzee
22-01-2016, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't have thought so... SPL is prob equiv to the local pub league in Italy.

That's the spirit!! :aok:

My_Wife_Camille
22-01-2016, 12:11 PM
There were a couple of guys beside me and my mates at the Raith cup game. Slated Malonga all match when it suited them. Until Dom scored that absolute pearler. Then they didn't even celebrate, were quiet for the remainder of the match and then slooped off in a rage before the end. Didn't even applaud when Dom went off.

I can only assume these guys post on here, by the look of some of the posts.
In the railway stand by any chance? Me and my mates spotted a couple of guys who were exactly like that. They seemed even more furious when Dom scored the screamer than they were when he did something wrong. They were moaning saying things like "what has he done for us lately" and then POW. Not even a hint of emotion

Weirdos.

Brightside
22-01-2016, 12:11 PM
That's the spirit!! :aok:

Honesty is the best policy. Scottish football is very very poor.

Captain Trips
22-01-2016, 12:12 PM
I will be really excited when this club is in a position to lose Malonga and it be no problem, we are not near that. He is required for the final push on.

Stevie Reid
22-01-2016, 12:18 PM
In the railway stand by any chance? Me and my mates spotted a couple of guys who were exactly like that. They seemed even more furious when Dom scored the screamer than they were when he did something wrong. They were moaning saying things like "what has he done for us lately" and then POW. Not even a hint of emotion

Weirdos.

In our very first competitive game of the season vs Rangers at ER, when Malonga went off injured after 24 minutes, the guy in the row behind us loudly booed him and told him to "**** off" - we were a goal up at that point, incidentally.

Usually manage to bite my tongue when folk around are like that, but he got challenged by a couple of us - apparently he "wasn't injured and just didn't fancy it".

aljo7-0
22-01-2016, 12:25 PM
I took my 12 year old daughter to the Queen of the South game. She comes along every so often. She asked me after 10 minutes where the guy was. What guy - I asked.
You know Dad the one who everyone moans about when he is playing until he scores then they sing for him.
I wasn't instantly sure who she meant but when he came on and she said it was him- it all made sense
He did score and everyone went mental singing his song

Kind of sums up the mixed feeling for him

SunshineOnLeith
22-01-2016, 12:33 PM
I'll be gutted if he leaves. He's just so damn cool.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Has the day come when we are good enough to dismiss a player of Malonga's ability and his worth to the squad? :confused:

Wow, what have I missed, must have been that bang on the head.

Hibee_Rab
22-01-2016, 12:50 PM
You've certainobibly started something .

Hinbees!

Ozyhibby
22-01-2016, 12:50 PM
Has the day come when we are good enough to dismiss a player of Malonga's ability and his worth to the squad? :confused:

Wow, what have I missed, must have been that bang on the head.

Don't think anybody wants shot of him, just recognising he is now down the pecking order.

SunshineOnLeith
22-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Don't think anybody wants shot of him, just recognising he is now down the pecking order.

He's started our last three games, and has featured in every game since 17 November, how exactly is that "down the pecking order"?

Brightside
22-01-2016, 01:28 PM
He's started our last three games, and has featured in every game since 17 November, how exactly is that "down the pecking order"?

Stokes and Cumming will be the front two I would think.

snedzuk
22-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Good player.

Snow, rain and pies versus sunshine, red wine and olives. Hmmmmm

SunshineOnLeith
22-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Stokes and Cumming will be the front two I would think.

Maybe. Personally, I think we'll go with all 3 in most games. Point is, we simply don't know yet.

Smartie
22-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Snow, rain and pies versus sunshine, red wine and olives. Hmmmmm

If you put it that way he'd be stark raving bonkers to leave us for them.

jacomo
22-01-2016, 02:04 PM

Struggling to understand your point here.

If he was a more complete player he'd not be playing in Scotland, yet because he is playing in Scotland you don't want him?

All of our players have 'faults', if you want to put it that way, otherwise they'd be playing at a much higher level. Hardly a big insight, is it?

The point is, here is a proven and effective striker, we are playing for three prizes, and people want shot of him. Madness.

hibsbollah
22-01-2016, 02:22 PM
I took my 12 year old daughter to the Queen of the South game. She comes along every so often. She asked me after 10 minutes where the guy was. What guy - I asked.
You know Dad the one who everyone moans about when he is playing until he scores then they sing for him.

:faf:
:top marks
As so often in life, kids are remarkably perceptive, more than their parents sometimes.

Brightside
22-01-2016, 02:37 PM
Struggling to understand your point here.

If he was a more complete player he'd not be playing in Scotland, yet because he is playing in Scotland you don't want him?

All of our players have 'faults', if you want to put it that way, otherwise they'd be playing at a much higher level. Hardly a big insight, is it?

The point is, here is a proven and effective striker, we are playing for three prizes, and people want shot of him. Madness.

I certainly didn't say I wanted shot of him. But if we were offered a decent amount of money for him I'd be inclined to take it.

Smartie
22-01-2016, 02:41 PM
I certainly didn't say I wanted shot of him. But if we were offered a decent amount of money for him I'd be inclined to take it.

How much would you consider to be decent?

Who would you propose spending the money on to get equivalent to/ better than Malonga?

superfurryhibby
22-01-2016, 02:57 PM

Who would you propose spending the money on to get equivalent to/ better than Malonga?

Stokes wages being covered would maybe do it?

Brightside
22-01-2016, 03:01 PM

At this point I'd rip a hand off for 100k.

Andy74
22-01-2016, 03:04 PM
At this point I'd rip a hand off for 100k.

As long as it was your own with that chat! :greengrin

Ozyhibby
22-01-2016, 03:08 PM
£100k wouldn't be enough. Far more important that we have him for the run in.

Brightside
22-01-2016, 03:11 PM
£100k wouldn't be enough. Far more important that we have him for the run in.

Yeh I don't think he will be sold but he'll go for free after this season.

eastmainsmsh
22-01-2016, 03:12 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadio_Silvio_Piola_(Vercelli)

Like meadow bank or old city park

Please stay Dom even if u leave for free help us get back up and you can maybe pick your club

Pete
22-01-2016, 03:13 PM
As for Dom, I'd hate to lose him but if he goes then he does so with my blessing. Comes across as if he's knackered sometimes but there's no denying his quality.

He'd probably walk into any team in the top flight excluding Celtic.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2016, 03:45 PM

Is he?

Viva_Palmeiras
22-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Let the anti-Dom flumpets and oxleymorons Howl at the moon. Only opion that counts is Stubbs'

Ozyhibby
22-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Let the anti-Dom flumpets and oxleymorons Howl at the moon. Only opion that counts is Stubbs'

Name calling is not very nice. [emoji3]

emerald green
22-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Regrettably I agree with you. But you'll get shouted down for it.

Cheers, but I didn't get too much of a rollocking. So far anyway.:greengrin

Nope, it wasn't me. I'm not sure why you would think that. :confused: So just to be 100% clear, my post was definitely not directed at anyone posting on this forum.

However, as far as it being nonsense is concerned, I must disagree. What I was suggesting is that there are people who do hold racist views, and that includes some Hibs supporters. Do you seriously believe there aren't any Hibs supporters, at all, who may hold racist views? Unfortunately, racism is still a problem in society generally today, and to pretend otherwise is delusional.

We may have moved on from the quite open and blatant racism seen at many football grounds in the 80s & 90s - Hearts supporters throwing bananas at Mark Walters of Rangers at Tynecastle comes to mind for example - but racist views are still there, albeit it's kept more under wraps these days I would say. I have heard certain comments made at ER over the years to know for certain it hasn't magically disappeared.

Cabbage7062
22-01-2016, 05:23 PM
We are a better team when he plays. Superb natural ability to link up play. If he played like we know he can every week, he would be playing at a much higher level. I'd be sad to see him go. Hope he stays beyond the summer :agree:

Jim44
22-01-2016, 05:40 PM
I can't help feeling that the feel good factor and unity of a few weeks ago is in danger of slowly drifting away. The long drawn out Stokes 'is he, isn't he ' saga, the anti-Thomson sentiments and the differences of opinion about Malonga seem to be pulling us under a negative cloud. Can we not just be satisfied with what we have and get on with the job of having a good successful second half of the season?

marinello59
22-01-2016, 05:51 PM
I can't help feeling that the feel good factor and unity of a few weeks ago is in danger of slowly drifting away. The long drawn out Stokes 'is he, isn't he ' saga, the anti-Thomson sentiments and the differences of opinion about Malonga seem to be pulling us under a negative cloud. Can we not just be satisfied with what we have and get on with the job of having a good successful second half of the season?

Just ignore the whingers, they tend to shout the loudest. The overwhelming majority are happy with what we are seeing this season.

greenlex
22-01-2016, 05:59 PM
A few wins on the bounce will sort that out. Next Four games would be nice.

Big_Franck
22-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Cheers, but I didn't get too much of a rollocking. So far anyway.:greengrin

Nope, it wasn't me. I'm not sure why you would think that. :confused: So just to be 100% clear, my post was definitely not directed at anyone posting on this forum.

However, as far as it being nonsense is concerned, I must disagree. What I was suggesting is that there are people who do hold racist views, and that includes some Hibs supporters. Do you seriously believe there aren't any Hibs supporters, at all, who may hold racist views? Unfortunately, racism is still a problem in society generally today, and to pretend otherwise is delusional.

We may have moved on from the quite open and blatant racism seen at many football grounds in the 80s & 90s - Hearts supporters throwing bananas at Mark Walters of Rangers at Tynecastle comes to mind for example - but racist views are still there, albeit it's kept more under wraps these days I would say. I have heard certain comments made at ER over the years to know for certain it hasn't magically disappeared.

I don't know why I thought it was you that suggested it before, your username came to mind for some reason when I thought back to reading that. Apologies if it wasn't you.

I had thought that you were suggesting those on here that sometimes question his worth to the team were doing so because they were racist, so apologies if I read it wrong. I obviously agree that there are some Hibs fans that are racist eejits. Thankfully I don't think there are many, and every year there are less, but they do tend to be loud.

Anyway, hopefully the big man gets back to banging them in on a regular basis over the next 4 months!

Andy74
22-01-2016, 06:13 PM
I don't know why I thought it was you that suggested it before, your username came to mind for some reason when I thought back to reading that. Apologies if it wasn't you.

I had thought that you were suggesting those on here that sometimes question his worth to the team were doing so because they were racist, so apologies if I read it wrong. I obviously agree that there are some Hibs fans that are racist eejits. Thankfully I don't think there are many, and every year there are less, but they do tend to be loud.

Anyway, hopefully the big man gets back to banging them in on a regular basis over the next 4 months!

Malonga's record over the last few weeks suggests he has been back to banging them in.

Big_Franck
22-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Malonga's record over the last few weeks suggests he has been back to banging them in.

True, you could say he has 3 goals in the last 5 games in support of that statement. You could also say he has 3 goals in the last 12 games if you wanted to be critical. Hopefully he keeps up his scoring rate of late. Anyway, i've said all I want to on this thread so i'm out.

allezsauzee
22-01-2016, 06:21 PM
I'm astounded that anyone would want Dom to leave. Quite apart from the fact his scoring record is decent, he brings other players into the game so well and out of all the players we have at Easter Road is the one who I enjoy watching most. Sure he doesn't run about an awful lot and misses the odd sitter but there's no-one kills a ball so stylishly and nonchalantly as our Dom and most of his goals are quality.

dmc1875
22-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Dom will not be down the pecking order. Keatings and Dagnall will be. Id expect Dom to play deeper with stokes and Cummings up top.

Quality player, sign him up on a new contract. Would walk into any team outwith Celtic and possibly Aberdeen IMO.

Andy74
22-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Dom will not be down the pecking order. Keatings and Dagnall will be. Id expect Dom to play deeper with stokes and Cummings up top.

Quality player, sign him up on a new contract. Would walk into any team outwith Celtic and possibly Aberdeen IMO.

As opposed to walking in to the Aberdeen team he just walked round them.

Anyway, last player since Sauzee that you could trust to serve you a decent Martini. 😉

ancient hibee
22-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Suspect Cummings and Malonga will start tomorrow and if all goes according to plan Stokes will replace Cummings with half an hour to go.

jacomo
22-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Suspect Cummings and Malonga will start tomorrow and if all goes according to plan Stokes will replace Cummings with half an hour to go.

I don't know why everyone assumes Stokes is a certain starter. How can he be match fit? He's barely played this season.

Jim44
22-01-2016, 11:34 PM
I don't know why everyone assumes Stokes is a certain starter. How can he be match fit? He's barely played this season.[/QUOTE]

After all the hype, I think Stubbs will give him 60 mins., and if nothing is happening, will wheech him aff and switch things around. But I really think we'll win by three clear goals tomorrow with Stokes taking a bow with ten minutes to go and two debut goals to his credit.

superbam
22-01-2016, 11:47 PM
I'm amazed that some folk think dom's worth should be only measured in goals. Brings so much more to the team. Most gifted footballer in the squad.

B.H.F.C
22-01-2016, 11:57 PM

Aye but 6 goals all season suggest he's not.

I think he's a very good player at our level. But I don't think he's played to his potential over the course of the season.

Unseen work
23-01-2016, 06:16 AM
I'm amazed that some folk think dom's worth should be only measured in goals. Brings so much more to the team. Most gifted footballer in the squad.

Most gifted in the squad?! I doubt that. He does have the odd moment of magic but to be the most gifted in the squad u need to have the consistency to play to your potential like cummings mcginn or mcgeouch or allan last season.

For a striker to only have 6 goals in this league by January is poor imo

The Leith Dutch
23-01-2016, 09:10 AM
One of the best players we have for me.

When he's on he's fantastic and he's probably the best we have for bringing others into the game.
A lot of the times something he does looks bad for me are some of the other players not being tuned in to him.
I think if Stokes tunes in to what he does and vice versa we'll be handing out some serious thrashings.

There's also the fact that we need squad continuity and while we have a lot of strikers now where are we in the summer?

I'd love El Alagui back but the injury is a concern.
If Cummings keeps his form I doubt we'll be able to hold on to him in the summer.
Stokes is a loan.

That means we'd have Keatings, Dagnall and Insall plus the kids in the summer.
Given that I think a major part of our current success was not having to rebuild the entire team in the summer then I'd say signing Dom should be a priority.

emerald green
23-01-2016, 12:02 PM

No problem. Maybe I didn't make myself entirely clear in my initial post. The perils of posting on an internet forum! :greengrin

I hope DM does keep scoring goals for Hibs. He's a very good footballer. :aok:

matty_f
23-01-2016, 12:08 PM
One of the best players we have for me.

When he's on he's fantastic and he's probably the best we have for bringing others into the game.
A lot of the times something he does looks bad for me are some of the other players not being tuned in to him.
I think if Stokes tunes in to what he does and vice versa we'll be handing out some serious thrashings.

There's also the fact that we need squad continuity and while we have a lot of strikers now where are we in the summer?

I'd love El Alagui back but the injury is a concern.
If Cummings keeps his form I doubt we'll be able to hold on to him in the summer.
Stokes is a loan.

That means we'd have Keatings, Dagnall and Insall plus the kids in the summer.
Given that I think a major part of our current success was not having to rebuild the entire team in the summer then I'd say signing Dom should be a priority.

Not sure that works as a poem, to be honest.

HiBremian
23-01-2016, 01:44 PM
One of the best players we have
for me.

When he's on he's
fantastic
and he's
probably the best we have
for bringing others into
the game.

A lot
of the times something he does looks
bad
for me are some of the other players not being tuned in to him.

I think
if
Stokes
tunes in
to what he does and vice versa we'll be handing out some serious
thrashings.

There's also the fact that
we need squad
continuity
and while we have a lot of strikers now
where are we in the summer?

I'd love El Alagui back but
the injury is a concern.
If Cummings keeps his form
I doubt we'll be able to
hold on
to him in the summer.
Stokes is a
loan.

That means
we'd have Keatings, Dagnall and Insall
plus the kids
in the summer. Given
that I think a major part of our
current success was
not having to rebuild the entire team
in the summer then I'd say signing
Dom
should
be
a
priority.

Not sure that works as a poem, to be honest.

Better, don't you think? :greengrin