PDA

View Full Version : Why get points for giving other clubs money?

Fishwicke
20-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Point system is a joke. Give your money to others. What' s that got to do with loyalty?

kaimendhibs
20-01-2016, 10:11 PM
Its aboutsupporting the team

hibbysam
20-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Point system is a joke. Give your money to others. What' s that got to do with loyalty?

Maybe because 'loyalty' isn't, and has never been about money, it is about supporting the club, however the club do give more points to those coming to Easter Road due to spending money on the club! It's easy to turn up to Easter road every Saturday, it's loyal to trek to Inverness, Dingwall, queen of the south, Dumbarton on a Tuesday night and to ignore these punters would be downright daft!

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-01-2016, 10:16 PM

Have you missed out the smiley from your OP?

Fishwicke
20-01-2016, 10:17 PM
Might be. But how do hibs benefit financially? Loyalty points should be awarded on things that befit hibs. Not taking anything away from away support of which I'm one.

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-01-2016, 10:18 PM
A loyal fan travels all over the country to watch the team, the highlands on a school night, Cowdenbeath in the pissing rain last season-of course that should be acknowledged! Shouldn't all be about money.

A big noisy, encouraging travelling support benefits the team. Not financially but vocally.

Carheenlea
20-01-2016, 10:20 PM

calumhibee1
20-01-2016, 10:23 PM
A loyal fan travels all over the country to watch the team, the highlands on a school night, Cowdenbeath in the pissing rain last season-of course that should be acknowledged! Shouldn't all be about money.

A big noisy, encouraging travelling support benefits the team. Not financially but vocally.

The folk that went to cowden last season should be given free season tickets. That was the most horrendous game I've ever been to.

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Might be. But how do hibs benefit financially? Loyalty points should be awarded on things that befit hibs. Not taking anything away from away support of which I'm one.

:agree: Away fans who put money into other clubs should maybe get loyalty points for each club they visit.

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2016, 10:25 PM

:hilarious :top marks

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-01-2016, 10:27 PM
The folk that went to cowden last season should be given free season tickets. That was the most horrendous game I've ever been to.

Haha it was a shocker eh?! Took me about a week to dry oot

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2016, 10:31 PM
:agree: Away fans who put money into other clubs should maybe get loyalty points for each club they visit.

Good shout BH. First dibs on any cup finals and that they get to.

Do you think it'd be worthwhile buying shares in other clubs as well?

Fishwicke
20-01-2016, 10:35 PM
Been away. Been soaked. Got back from Dingwall at 2 in the morning midweek. But how is someone who puts their hard earned cash in to hibs at every home game now a lesser supporter?

superfurryhibby
20-01-2016, 10:47 PM
Been away. Been soaked. Got back from Dingwall at 2 in the morning midweek. But how is someone who puts their hard earned cash in to hibs at every home game now a lesser supporter?

The answer is.......nobody knows.

I dreamed upon a seashore, sun rapping shell eared sleep. Does that count? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Good shout BH. First dibs on any cup finals and that they get to.

Do you think it'd be worthwhile buying shares in other clubs as well?

If you had enough points, then why not? :agree:

Ringothedog
20-01-2016, 10:55 PM
If you only give loyalty points for home games then you would have 8000 people on the same points total,loyalty points only become an issue for away games. Going by the OP's question I could get tickets to most away games no problem, it then comes to a game where demand exceeds supply and I miss out, is that fair ? The system in place is by no means perfect but currently rewards fans who follow Hibernian home and away.

Fishwicke
20-01-2016, 11:06 PM
:aok:I'l say it again. The system is a joke. Supporters with current top points will always be in that group. . The rest have no chance of catching, no matter what they buy or purchase .

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2016, 11:13 PM
:aok:I'l say it again. The system is a joke. Supporters with current top points will always be in that group. . The rest have no chance of catching, no matter what they buy or purchase .

Unless they stop going to away games?

Only way they'd stay in the top group is if they buy the tickets and sell them on.

Ringothedog
20-01-2016, 11:13 PM

Most of the bigger clubs have something similar in place. Celtic have an away ticket system that is only open to season ticket holders, priority is then given to those fans that have been to the most away games, is that fair ? Probably not. Hearts have a loyalty points system similar to ours. What do you suggest ?

Fishwicke
20-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Most of the bigger clubs have something similar in place. Celtic have an away ticket system that is only open to season ticket holders, priority is then given to those fans that have been to the most away games, is that fair ? Probably not. Hearts have a loyalty points system similar to ours. What do you suggest ?
Not their system. We are Hibernian FC.. We are leaders in many ways. If you know your history .

jon paul jones
20-01-2016, 11:41 PM
I do find it amusing / annoying that I could be off to all the cup games home / away and miss out when it gets to the games that matter. 5 points for being at the quarters / semi if they are "away" is just daft for example.

Hibs are usually lucky to get somewhere between 12k to 17k for a semi if its the right ground / opposition / weekend. There are those that wont go to the semi to cheer on the team but jump out when the glory train arrives come March / May, albeit the clock continues to tick on one of these cups.

I would propose at least 15 points valid for attending away games in the cup. We can't win it if we're not ies the competition and the fans support does count BIG time at away games.

PatHead
20-01-2016, 11:50 PM
I really don't know if the OP is at the wind up or not but I will bite.

I am a Hibs fan who is in the fortunate position that I can currently afford to support Hibs both at Easter Road and at most away games. (I also contribute to HSL).

By following Hibs at away matches I am able to provide vocal support and encourage Hibs onto away victories. I am sure the players are encouraged when they see a large number of supporters behind the goals at away grounds. The team and all supporters benefit from a strong away record.

There are many Hibs supporters who can't afford to do both following Hibs away and contribute to HSL. Some choose to support the team in person at away games. Are they lesser supporters than people who contribute to HSL? The allocation of 100 points to HSL members would appear to say yes.

These fans who follow the club all over the place in all types of weather should be encouraged as well.

Support for the team comes in many ways, not just financially. By all means back Hibs to the best of your ability but acknowledge the effort all fans go to when supporting the team.

I believe fans who give their time and effort following the team at Easter Road and all over the country deserve the first opportunity for tickets where numbers are limited.

wookie70
21-01-2016, 12:15 AM
Easter Road has sold out once since the rebuild. If the fans that only go to home games want a ticket for home games they will get one. To me the loyalty points are to make sure the guys and girls who follow Hibs all over the country are given first dibs on Tickets for away and neutral games. I go to about half the away games and have no issue with anyone who goes to them all being in front of me in the virtual ticket queue. I think the loyalty points are a great idea and the only fly in the ointment is the 100 points awarded to HSL members. Get rid of that and the scheme will reward loyalty properly and the points will make some sense to what their benefits bring. Potentially spending 15 quid on HSL being worth more than attending every away league game seems ridiculous to me.

Since1875Hibs
21-01-2016, 07:00 AM

What a load of rubbish. It's about the loyalty to the team as well as the club and givIng them your backing at matches whatever the day and wherever the location.

Since1875Hibs
21-01-2016, 07:02 AM

Sincere apologies for trying to follow my team home and away, midweek, weekends, early and late kick offs and being rewarded for it.

HibsNutter
21-01-2016, 07:16 AM
I've found that those unhappy with the scheme have been bitter about not having enough points to get tickets for the big games (rangers/hearts/semi first dibs). The system first and foremost benefits those who support the club week in, week out. I'm delighted that it has been implemented as IS working.

PS: Obviously I would welcome any tweaks so that people with the points can only buy for themselves rather than lend their references to others, but that must be extremely difficult.

Brooster
21-01-2016, 07:42 AM
Yawn yawn yawn. Some folk need to get over themselves. Especially folk who are humpty about missing out.

Jack
21-01-2016, 07:43 AM
I think supporters who criticise the team on the pitch, home or away, should have points deducted.

;-)

lyonhibs
21-01-2016, 07:56 AM
I think we've all been taken in by an elaborate hoax. The OP is clearly at it, as it is entitled a "Loyalty Scheme" not a "financial contribution" scheme.

How many - honestly - people will have accrued points through going to plenty of away games who do not also have a home ST/attend regularly at ER as well?? A handful at most.

As for the comment of how do Hibs benefit from having a decent away support, that just shows a profound lack of understanding about how football and footballers work/what motivates them.

hibbysam
21-01-2016, 08:01 AM

There not, I don't know if you have noticed but home fans receive 10 points where away fans receive 5, meaning if I attend 10 home games, someone who only travels away will have to go to 20 games to be on the same points! Its genuinely not that hard to understand!

Speedy
21-01-2016, 08:19 AM

I believe it's about loyalty not about financial contribution.

However, if you're looking for a financial contribution. Away fans cheer on the team,which motivates them, makes them perform better and takes us up the league (meaning more prize money and more casual fans attending).

Pretty Boy
21-01-2016, 08:21 AM
Oh good another loyalty points thread, just what I felt we needed.

Lucius Apuleius
21-01-2016, 08:32 AM
Alcohol consumed methinks

Libby Hibby
21-01-2016, 08:43 AM
I see your point Fishwicke (if that is indeed your real name) but perhaps not as passionate about it as you.

I think there requires to be some sort of points scheme to allow the fans who regularly turn up, home and away, contribute to Hibs financially and have ST's so that these fans get 1st dibs on ticket situations and if that means that some fans have to wait a few days longer to buy a ticket or indeed miss out then that's the breaks.

I don't see what else the club can do. With your point about the top always staying at the top, I agree, it may be difficult to catch these people up but again, that's the breaks and as long as you keep going home and away, keep purchasing your ST's and if your fortunate enough to pay into HSL then you will find your points level.

Some may argue that the club started this at the wrong time, I think the right time, when fan attendance and ST's were down meant that the minimum amount of fans could achieve the most points.

Imagine if they started the scheme when crowds were up and ER was bursting every week?

On a side note, it seems to me that the people complaining about the scheme are the ones that 'go every week' , 'have an ST' and contribute to 'HSL'. I think these people will be fine when it comes to loyalty points so don't see what all the fuss is about.

In my experience, if you really, really, really want a ticket for games, you'll find a way to get one.

Onion
21-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Easter Road has sold out once since the rebuild. If the fans that only go to home games want a ticket for home games they will get one. To me the loyalty points are to make sure the guys and girls who follow Hibs all over the country are given first dibs on Tickets for away and neutral games. I go to about half the away games and have no issue with anyone who goes to them all being in front of me in the virtual ticket queue. I think the loyalty points are a great idea and the only fly in the ointment is the 100 points awarded to HSL members. Get rid of that and the scheme will reward loyalty properly and the points will make some sense to what their benefits bring. Potentially spending 15 quid on HSL being worth more than attending every away league game seems ridiculous to me.

If that's right, totally agree.

If point system simply rewarded fan attendance (home and away) then it would be a lot easier, but Hibs are also trying to recognise financial support. Anomalies are inevitable.

Danderhall Hibs
21-01-2016, 08:54 AM
I see your point Fishwicke (if that is indeed your real name).

You make some good points Libby Hibby (if that is indeed your real name).

Cheers, Danderhall Hibs (this is my real name for the avoidance of doubt).

matty_f
21-01-2016, 08:56 AM
If that's right, totally agree.

If point system simply rewarded fan attendance (home and away) then it would be a lot easier, but Hibs are also trying to recognise financial support. Anomalies are inevitable.

The thing is, how many folk that go to all the away games will have full points for home attendance? The 100 points will make no practical difference.

I have not been to an away game this season, yet i've enough points to be in the first sweep of tickets for the cup games at the PBS. I'm confident that i'll get a ticket for any games i want. I bought shares direct, so don't get the 100 from hsl.

Kavinho
21-01-2016, 08:59 AM
Yawn yawn yawn. Some folk need to get over themselves. Especially folk who are humpty about missing out.

Best post on this topic (multiple threads)

Hermit Crab
21-01-2016, 09:08 AM

Is it only a joke because you might not get a ticket for Tynecastle or is there some other reason?

Hermit Crab
21-01-2016, 09:09 AM
The thing is, how many folk that go to all the away games will have full points for home attendance? The 100 points will make no practical difference.

I have not been to an away game this season, yet i've enough points to be in the first sweep of tickets for the cup games at the PBS. I'm confident that i'll get a ticket for any games i want. I bought shares direct, so don't get the 100 from hsl.

So you won't be going to Tynecastle then?

matty_f
21-01-2016, 09:10 AM

Where did i say that? I have enough points to go.

Hermit Crab
21-01-2016, 09:16 AM

Just took it that you don't go to away games going by your post. Tynecastle is an away game.

matty_f
21-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Just took it that you don't go to away games going by your post. Tynecastle is an away game.

It's mostly down to work, i take the home Saturdays off and have to work away games, however i can easily enough take that Saturday off to go. I'm in the first waive for tickets.

Phil MaGlass
21-01-2016, 09:20 AM
I think itīs about time away fans were rewarded, in my younger years I tried never to miss an away game, then work got in the way, still managed a lot of games. Not only do you get loyalty points but usually a great day out into the bargain.

lyonhibs
21-01-2016, 09:22 AM
It's mostly down to work, i take the home Saturdays off and have to work away games, however i can easily enough take that Saturday off to go. I'm in the first waive for tickets.

Yes, but what he was asking was will you be waiving your right to get a ticket for Tynie??

I'll get my coat :greengrin

Agree entirely with what you said earlier though. Folk are getting hung up on this micro minority that would be getting somewhat screwed by this system, if they existed. The "only attends away games, PATG" fan.

Hermit Crab
21-01-2016, 09:23 AM

It's on the Sunday mind. :wink:

matty_f
21-01-2016, 09:24 AM
It's on the Sunday mind. :wink:

Aye, well I definitely won't be working then :greengrin

Hermit Crab
21-01-2016, 09:26 AM
I think itīs about time away fans were rewarded, in my younger years I tried never to miss an away game, then work got in the way, still managed a lot of games. Not only do you get loyalty points but usually a great day out into the bargain.

I'm in the same boat, as a shift worker I tried everything to make all the games, swaps lieu days and things. I worked dayshifts, midshifts and backshifts so it was always difficult to get to all the games. I'm lucky now that I've just moved jobs and it's permanent nightshift but you're off every ?Saturday.

matty_f
21-01-2016, 09:27 AM
Yes, but what he was asking was will you be waiving your right to get a ticket for Tynie??

I'll get my coat :greengrin

Agree entirely with what you said earlier though. Folk are getting hung up on this micro minority that would be getting somewhat screwed by this system, if they existed. The "only attends away games, PATG" fan.

The other thing is that some of the home and away guys will also have signed up for hsl.

It's folk getting worked up about a day that will never come, imho.

Brooster
21-01-2016, 10:06 AM

Day tripper.

matty_f
21-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Day tripper.

:greengrin That's me!

marinello59
21-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Is it only a joke because you might not get a ticket for Tynecastle or is there some other reason?

Is that not exactly like the 100 points to HSL members being a joke because you might not have the highest points total any more?

marinello59
21-01-2016, 10:11 AM

You are surely at the wind up here. Of course away attendance should get some reward... As should other ways of supporting the club.

Frazerbob
21-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Aye, well I definitely won't be working then :greengrin

Falkirk away was Sunday. Just saying.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2016, 10:14 AM
You are surely at the wind up here. Of course away attendance should get some reward... As should other ways of supporting the club.

Exactly. End of. :agree:

legends of 73
21-01-2016, 10:16 AM
The other thing is that some of the home and away guys will also have signed up for hsl.

It's folk getting worked up about a day that will never come, imho.

Exactly. I go home and away every week will be getting hsl points added in a couple of weeks but it won't make a blind bit of difference to me as I'll always be in the 1st wave for tickets due too attendance.

matty_f
21-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Falkirk away was Sunday. Just saying.

Aye, it was. Decided to watch it with a mate round his house.

Time For Heroes
21-01-2016, 10:23 AM
Ive not read through the thread but i really dont see the problem.
Should people who go to home & away games all season get first dibs at tickets? Absolutely!
I for one dont get to many games as i live outside Scotland but it is only fair that these people get sought after tickets, they've deserved it IMO

Bostonhibby
21-01-2016, 10:23 AM
You're failing to take account of the trainspotters on here who don't do away games for the points but to add to their collection of train sightings and check the punctuality in areas they wouldn't otherwise reach.

Hermit Crab
21-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Is that not exactly like the 100 points to HSL members being a joke because you might not have the highest points total any more?

I won't be the only one.

guillaume
21-01-2016, 10:46 AM
These fans who follow the club all over the place in all types of weather should be encouraged as well.

What about the fans at away games that just sit there and shout about Malonga being lazy, or are too drunk and annoy everyone?
They're not supporting the team or club. Should they forfeit their points?

Ozyhibby
21-01-2016, 11:05 AM
As someone who bought at the pods and payed at the gate at away games all of last season, I really should be whining and bitching about not having enough points but I really don't care that much. One way or another I'll get a ticket for Tynecastle. It's not that long since I've been there and we have not sold our allocation. And we still haven't sold out the semi. Tickets for Hibs games are not that hard to come by folks. Relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk