PDA

View Full Version : Marcos Pool Hall / Boozers for Semi Final

HIBERNIAN 1875
15-01-2016, 08:55 PM
Where is everybody heading for a pint before the Semi? I noticed they are playing at 12.30 on BT so a lot of the boozers in and around Gorgie will probably be full of them. :sick:

kaimendhibs
15-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Guy came up to me and asked where the nearest boozer was. Said he was talking to him, boom boom

Frazerbob
15-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Thread on kickback saying a few of their pubs around the ground will be locals only. Drink in Leith then get a taxi at the back of 2pm.

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2016, 09:00 PM
Where is everybody heading for a pint before the Semi? I noticed they are playing at 12.30 on BT so a lot of the boozers in and around Gorgie will probably be full of them. :sick:

Always found that too many boozers got in the way of my semi

Pete
15-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Thread on kickback saying a few of their pubs around the ground will be locals only. Drink in Leith then get a taxi at the back of 2pm.

Good grief they like to talk about hibs, don't they?

To be honest I can't see many knocking back the business and they will all be hibs boozers that afternoon. Their "tough guys" will undoubtedly congregate somewhere, probably Luckies, the Mill or another place that's within skulking distance yet far enough away as not to annoy us.

portycabbage
15-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Always found that too many boozers got in the way of my semi

Almost sounds like you're claiming your cock is notorious for wrecking pubs.:wink:

Bishop Hibee
15-01-2016, 10:14 PM
Apart from the Diggers the boozers in Gorgie are rank and even that isn't what it was. Probably Ryries or Mathers at the west end for me.

StevieBoyKdy
15-01-2016, 10:17 PM
for non locals, what pub is child friendly. Know of fountain-bridge next to cinema, will this let under 18s in?

hibby rae
15-01-2016, 10:22 PM
for non locals, what pub is child friendly. Know of fountain-bridge next to cinema, will this let under 18s in?

Should be fine. Even has a toy box. No colours allowed though.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-01-2016, 10:26 PM

Platform 5 opposite Haymarket.

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Almost sounds like you're claiming your cock is notorious for wrecking pubs.:wink:

Unfortunately all it's notorious for is wrecking marriages, even more unfortunately, usually my own...

Scouse Hibee
Apart from the Diggers the boozers in Gorgie are rank and even that isn't what it was. Probably Ryries or Mathers at the west end for me.

Haymarket bar is a great boozer.

CB_NO3
Platform 5 for me.

portycabbage
15-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Unfortunately all it's notorious for is wrecking marriages, even more unfortunately, usually my own...

At least it's notorious for something.

StevieBoyKdy
15-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Platform 5 opposite Haymarket.

Cheers, Defo going to let's kids in you reckon?
football colours also? Might have to pop them a message. Thanks

Nakedmanoncrack
15-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Was in there with my son (6 years old at the time) before train to Hampden for last semi.
No issues with colours either, might be different later on, don't know, but it's definitely child friendly.

Speedy
15-01-2016, 11:07 PM

You'll get a pint at Tenpin at fountain park if you want to be sure.

kaimendhibs
16-01-2016, 12:40 AM
Beechwood bowling club for me

Hannah_hfc
16-01-2016, 04:44 AM
Cheers, Defo going to let's kids in you reckon?
football colours also? Might have to pop them a message. Thanks
Not sure their policy on football colours but pretty sure being a chain pub selling food they'll be fine with children in!

Probably the safe option for Hibs fans on the day being near the ground but more a neutral pub

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

lucky
16-01-2016, 07:57 AM
Beechwood bowling club for me

Members only though

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-01-2016, 09:39 AM

Ryries isn't!

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2016, 09:43 AM
Ryries isn't!

Been in Ryries a couple of times,can't explain why really as it's ******.

Pretty Boy
16-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Not a fan of Platform 5 at all so will be giving that a miss. I'm mystified as to why it's so popular tbh.

I'd suggest keeping an eye out for a fellow Hibby who might be able to offer something to Hibs fans before the semi......

Mr White
16-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Caley sample room has great beer allows kids and i dont think it shows football so should be clear of them. I'll be heading there with my boy. Decent food too.

Cod Boy
16-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Murrayfield sports bar the old Westfield

Keith_M
16-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Is it too early to start a 'Boozers For The Final' thread?

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-01-2016, 11:28 AM
Dickens has a Hearts themed football museum if anyone fancies that! :-)

HibbyKeith
16-01-2016, 11:32 AM
Tamson's Bar for me, then a lift or Taxi up to the ****hole.

hibs0666
16-01-2016, 11:32 AM
BMC for a cheap peeve.

Bishop Hibee
16-01-2016, 11:33 AM

Not been in for years. Used to be a total Rangers pit where the Union Jack branch left from.

scoopyboy
16-01-2016, 11:40 AM
BMC for a cheap peeve.

BMC have seemingly made it members only for the semi. A lot of Hibs guys drink in there and are no too happy.

A few other clubs have done the same.

Boozers saying regulars only.

Mental that licensed premises turning away custom when it is such a hard game these days.

Hibee87
16-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Not thought that far ahead, but I herd Tunie arms won't be letting us in. There us a prison officers club down Macleod street, not sure what the policy will be I.e members only or a ticket and donation at door, but a nice pub if your at side of the ground and letting folk in

trev the hat
16-01-2016, 11:48 AM
Not thought that far ahead, but I herd Tunie arms won't be letting us in. There us a prison officers club down Macleod street, not sure what the policy will be I.e members only or a ticket and donation at door, but a nice pub if your at side of the ground and letting folk in

There's some Saints buses booked in there

hibs0666
16-01-2016, 11:49 AM
BMC have seemingly made it members only for the semi. A lot of Hibs guys drink in there and are no too happy.

Mental that licensed premises turning away custom when it is such a hard game these days.

The place has been on its uppers for years and if it wants to cut its nose off to spite its face then that's fine by me. If it would rather have 15 jakeys to a couple of hundred thirsty good guys in green then it deserves everything it gets.

StevieBoyKdy
16-01-2016, 11:49 AM
I've been messaging platform 5 they advised that the local pubs and police are meeting on Tuesday to discuss plans for the day. With hearts on tv they are worried fans of Hibs and them may clash. Beginning to think of you have wee ones a pint in Leith or centre is more suitable rather than stepping foot in the wrong pub. Certainly need to get something sorted cause with 16k fans coming along and a fair few wanting a beer id reckon I'm not wanting to stand outside for a few hours.

scoopyboy
16-01-2016, 11:51 AM
The place has been on its uppers for years and if it wants to cut its nose off to spite its face then that's fine by me. If it woulds rather have 15 jakeys to a couple of hundred thirsty good guys in green then I deserves everything it gets.

Agreed.

I used to go there every lunch time but it doesn't open now.

7Hero
16-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Marcos pool hall in grove street offering half price pool and cheap pints .

More details here

http://www.marcos.uk.com/hibs-cup-day-offer

offshorehibby
16-01-2016, 12:10 PM
The mate's not to good on his legs so was hoping to get into the strathie on gorgie Rd. Not been there since we used to get the gorgie rd end.

Pretty Boy
16-01-2016, 12:10 PM

More details here

That's me sorted then.

Few games of pool and a couple of ice cold Heinekens. Sounds good to me.

Frazerbob
16-01-2016, 12:29 PM
HIBS CUP DAY OFFER

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP SEMI FINAL SPECIAL

HIBERNIAN V ST JOHNSTONE

Saturday 30th January

Hibernian will be taking on the Saints at Tynecastle stadium on Saturday 30th January, so to celebrate we're offering travelling Hibs fans great deals on pool and drink! If you dont have a ticket, dont worry! We will be showing the game LIVE in glorious High Definition on our 70inch TV's!

Pool

Half price pool up until K.O just £3.50 per hour (charged by the minute, a deposit will be required)

Drink

Pints of Fosters or Strongbow only £2.50 until K.O.

Proof of being a hibee required

Well done to Marcos but I hope they don't get a visit from the LSO.......

Frazerbob
16-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Just spoke to a mate who runs a bar in Haymarket. All bars have been asked to attend a meeting at Tyncastle with the police on Tuesday to discuss their plans. The police are concerned that the pubs will be busy with Hearts fans watching their game on TV as normal with 12k Hibs fans also looking for beers. The general feeling is that most pubs that are 'Hearts' pubs will not allow Hibs fans in.

lucky
16-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Can't think there will be that many puddle drinkers out in Gorgie watching them when they know 12000 Hibbies will in the area. If any pubs ban Hibs fans it's a poor show.

Frazerbob
16-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Can't think there will be that many puddle drinkers out in Gorgie watching them when they know 12000 Hibbies will in the area. If any pubs ban Hibs fans it's a poor show.

I can see both sides. You need to look after your regulars who drink in the pub every day/week. They're your bread and butter. Hibs fans at the Gorgie side of the stadium have only come along every 10 years nearly. On the other hand you're going to get a bumper day with the Hibs fans. Probably depends how busy you normally are for Hearts TV game.

The pubs might not get a choice at the end of the day, the police may instruct them one way or the other.

adhibs
16-01-2016, 02:18 PM
Caley sample room has great beer allows kids and i dont think it shows football so should be clear of them. I'll be heading there with my boy. Decent food too.

Thats probably goin to be where i head.

Only other pub i like up that way,not that ive been in many is the golden rule. Is it a big hearts pub? Theve got the colours anyway.

tamig
16-01-2016, 02:25 PM

Is it not more down to the "Scottish & Newcastle" beer now? It's rank imo. I haven't been in the Diggers for years but the McEwans 80 used to be heaven in a glass.

hibeeleicester
16-01-2016, 02:29 PM

More details here

Fantastic, that would be me sorted if I was over!

Hermit Crab
16-01-2016, 02:29 PM

My experience is that they don't like football fans and cater for rugby fans. Also £4+ a pint :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
16-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Is it not more down to the "Scottish & Newcastle" beer now? It's rank imo. I haven't been in the Diggers for years but the McEwans 80 used to be heaven in a glass.

Scottish & Newcastle hasn't been around for a while. McEwans was owned by Heineken for a while but don't think that's the case any longer.

There's no McEwans cask beer at all now which is strange as it was far better than their keg offering which always has a slightly metallic tang imo. Some McEwans stuff is brewed at Caledonian at Slateford and some down in Yorkshire.

Mr White
16-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Thats probably goin to be where i head.

Only other pub i like up that way,not that ive been in many is the golden rule. Is it a big hearts pub? Theve got the colours anyway.

Hearts fans i know head there before and and after home games but i suspect it's not too bad. Agree it's a good pub, went to midweek quiz in there a few times when friends lived nearby.

IFONLY
16-01-2016, 03:06 PM

Im a member, I tried to book the downstairs hall, was told in no uncertain terms that it is a "Hearts club" so I was knocked back. Have since found out that members can sign 10 people in........so if you know a couple of members you could get a crowd in.

Cod Boy
16-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Im a member, I tried to book the downstairs hall, was told in no uncertain terms that it is a "Hearts club" so I was knocked back. Have since found out that members can sign 10 people in........so if you know a couple of members you could get a crowd in.

Wouldn't give them the money after there comment

.Sean.
16-01-2016, 06:00 PM
Crawl down the Grassmarket for my lot I think

hibby rae
16-01-2016, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=tamig;4548932]Is it not more down to the "Scottish & Newcastle" beer now? It's rank imo. I haven't been in the Diggers for years but the McEwans 80 used to be heaven in a glass.[/QUOTE

I'm from around there, still go in Diggers every so often. That, and the new Fountain, are the best pubs in the area. You don't get any ***** in either of them really.

hibby rae
16-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Diggers has 40 malts at £2.50 and they do 35ml measures ;)

MartinfaePorty
16-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Never liked the Haymarket, although had a few celebratory pints there a good few years ago (1993 or 1994) after watching St Johnstone hump them 4-2 in the league cup after being 2-0 down at half-time.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Godsahibby
16-01-2016, 09:46 PM
Polly Tavern for me pre semi.

JimBHibees
17-01-2016, 07:50 AM
HIBS CUP DAY OFFER

HIBERNIAN V ST JOHNSTONE

Saturday 30th January

Hibernian will be taking on the Saints at Tynecastle stadium on Saturday 30th January, so to celebrate we're offering travelling Hibs fans great deals on pool and drink! If you dont have a ticket, dont worry! We will be showing the game LIVE in glorious High Definition on our 70inch TV's!

Pool

Half price pool up until K.O just £3.50 per hour (charged by the minute, a deposit will be required)

Drink

How can they show the game live?

Hermit Crab
17-01-2016, 10:04 AM
HIBS CUP DAY OFFER

HIBERNIAN V ST JOHNSTONE

Saturday 30th January

Pool

Drink

Ask them how they show a game live in the pub that isn't on tv?? :confused:

Greenworld
17-01-2016, 10:13 AM

Yes a few Gorgie Greens boys drink here the same guys sit on the same seats for about 30 years never liked the place

The place has been on its uppers for years and if it wants to cut its nose off to spite its face then that's fine by me. If it would rather have 15 jakeys to a couple of hundred thirsty good guys in green then it deserves everything it gets.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

DaveF
17-01-2016, 11:35 AM

I can only assume that's an error.

I'm still going to head there anyway as the deal itself looks decent and its not too far from the game.

DH1875
17-01-2016, 11:38 AM

If there's a live feed going abroad for any reason then anyone with internet access should be able to watch it. Not strictly legal though.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-01-2016, 12:59 PM
I'm guessing the Roseburn will be Saints fans since they are in the Roseburn stand? Annoying if so since that's 'ours' usually when we head across that side of town. Some decent suggestions on here but nowhere yet that makes me think it will be as good as a jumping Roseburn

staunchhibby
17-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Might be worth giving the prison officers club in mc leod street a call to see what chances are of getting in.

Father Ted
17-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Hibs should contact Murrayfield and open some bars up for the fans and share the profits between them

LeithSqualk
17-01-2016, 10:50 PM
I think it may be best drinking up town and grab a taxi for kick off. Tynecastle Arms got raided by trading standards for watering down their spirits. The Manager got sacked but if that's what they do to their Jambo customers what will they do to us

wee davie
18-01-2016, 12:05 AM
Dianes pool hall in morrison st. Owned and run by hibbies only £2.50 a pint.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Since90+2
18-01-2016, 05:41 AM
McGowan's at Fountainpark is only a 10 minute stroll from Tyne Astle and has plenty big screens if there is a 1230 game in that day.

Torto7062
18-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Roseburn Bar anyone ?

Hermit Crab
18-01-2016, 07:58 AM
Roseburn Bar anyone ?

St Johnstone end

iwasthere1972
18-01-2016, 07:58 AM
Roseburn Bar anyone ?

Not for me. Surely the St Johnstone fans will be drinking there with them having the Roseburn end at Tynecastle. I'm drinking up town then jumping on a number 1 to Gorgie.

CallumLaidlaw
18-01-2016, 08:07 AM
We're booked in to the Caley sample rooms for breakfast :aok:

Nakedmanoncrack
18-01-2016, 08:28 AM
Dianes pool hall in morrison st. Owned and run by hibbies only £2.50 a pint.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

If no kids in tow, Diane's is always entertaining, a good choice.

NAE NOOKIE
18-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Thinking of going to the Wetherspoons at the west end of George street and jumping on a bus down to the ground ..... does anybody know the score with kids & club colours if we do?

Derek Dougan
18-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Thinking of going to the Wetherspoons at the west end of George street and jumping on a bus down to the ground ..... does anybody know the score with kids & club colours if we do?

Kids are fine as long as they are eating. No colours though. Imagine they will have staff on the door.

StevieBoyKdy
18-01-2016, 10:46 AM
We're booked in to the Caley sample rooms for breakfast :aok:

Thats where we are wanting to go. Are they taking bookings like ha?

CallumLaidlaw
18-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Thats where we are wanting to go. Are they taking bookings like ha?

Yeah they are :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
18-01-2016, 11:02 AM
Drink in Easter Road, HSA, Four in Hand etc, and then get the number 1 straight to the piggery?

Torto7062
18-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Not for me. Surely the St Johnstone fans will be drinking there with them having the Roseburn end at Tynecastle. I'm drinking up town then jumping on a number 1 to Gorgie.

Surely we can mingle with the 5 or 6 that will be there 😂😂

DH1875
18-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Drink in Easter Road, HSA, Four in Hand etc, and then get the number 1 straight to the piggery?

How long does that take on the bus?

Baldy Foghorn
18-01-2016, 11:24 AM
How long does that take on the bus?

30-40 mins?

Edson Arantes
18-01-2016, 11:46 AM

No colours.

Greenworld
18-01-2016, 12:55 PM
You could head to Corstorphine area you have ..winstons...corrie inn....the oak...white lady (witherspoon pub) the no1 bus leaves from near the Corstorphine inn only 10 mins to ground....taxis a plenty pubs will phone them 5mins to gorgie

tam4hibs
19-01-2016, 11:01 AM

More details here

Anyone know if Marcos let kids in for this match? Couple guys coming with their kids to the semi and seems like an ideal location to feed them and let us have a couple pints...

Geo_1875
19-01-2016, 11:09 AM
You could head to Corstorphine area you have ..winstons...corrie inn....the oak...white lady (witherspoon pub) the no1 bus leaves from near the Corstorphine inn only 10 mins to ground....taxis a plenty pubs will phone them 5mins to gorgie

Bandit country and their games on TV that day. Could be a laugh.

7Hero
19-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Marcos are doing a Half Price pool and Selected Pints £2.50 Deal for Hibs fans, prior to the Cup Semi Final at Tynecastle.

More info here..

Not far too walk from Haymarket to the ground, open from 11am.

On a separate note if anybody was up for a Hibs.net annual Pool tournament this is something we would definitely be interested in hosting, so if any interest in that post here too, we could have part of the entry fee going back to hibs.net to help with funding the site..

Cheers

GBTH

Jamesconnolly
19-01-2016, 11:25 AM
Marcos are doing a Half Price pool and Selected Pints £2.50 Deal for Hibs fans, prior to the Cup Semi Final at Tynecastle.

More info here..

Not far too walk from Haymarket to the ground, open from 11am.

On a separate note if anybody was up for a Hibs.net annual Pool tournament this is something we would definitely be interested in hosting, so if any interest in that post here too, we could have part of the entry fee going back to hibs.net to help with funding the site..

Cheers

GBTH

Do you know if they let kids in

7Hero
19-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Do you know if they let kids in

Due to crazy licensing laws the kids are allowed in the pool hall but not the bar itself, there is a seated area on the mezzanine they are also allowed in. So in answer to your question yes - just not in the bar area.

ta

hhibs
19-01-2016, 12:18 PM
If no kids in tow, Diane's is always entertaining, a good choice.

Yes indeed ,Guinness was £2.75 a pint !!!! last time I was in (December)

7Hero
19-01-2016, 12:26 PM
please note on another post it was stated the game was live at the pool hall, unfortunately it will not be..

HIBEES 4 LIFE
19-01-2016, 12:52 PM
please note on another post it was stated the game was live at the pool hall, unfortunately it will not be..

Any reason why not?

CallumLaidlaw
19-01-2016, 12:53 PM
Any reason why not?

Because the game isn't on tv. I reckon Marcos presumed it was.

HIBEES 4 LIFE
19-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Because the game isn't on tv. I reckon Marcos presumed it was.

Pretty good reason..........i was getting confused with game against that other mob

Pretty Boy
19-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Will definitely be in pre semi final.

I'll leave the pool comp to others as I'm utter humpty at pool. Darts on the other hand....

Father Ted
19-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Has anyone heard what the outcome of the meeting between the cops and licensees was? I think I can guess!

TamHibs
19-01-2016, 02:41 PM
25 of us are booked into the Caley Sample Rooms for breakfast & then 60 of us are booked into the Gorgie Mills Bowling Club for the rest of the day.

Starting to get the buzz for the semi final :aok:

Pete
19-01-2016, 03:22 PM
For those in the South or West of the city there are always the places on Colinton Road or Polwarth. They are always full on match days and it's all downhill to the stadium.

Saying that, I think the only ones left are the Ettrick and that kilted pig.

Edit: the corn exchange/pockets is owned by the same people as marcos and I'm sure that will be hibs friendly.

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Use my bowling network to go to Gorgie Mills or Bainfield probably.

Hermit Crab
19-01-2016, 09:36 PM
The golden rule pub on yeaman (sp) place is a good boozer!

IFONLY
20-01-2016, 03:20 PM

Gorgie Mills is fully booked....don't know about the Bainfield

TamHibs
20-01-2016, 03:21 PM

Where are you's booked into Tam?

Scouse Hibee
20-01-2016, 05:22 PM

Don't need a booking ;-)

Frazerbob
20-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Has anyone heard what the outcome of the meeting between the cops and licensees was? I think I can guess!

Basically, all the traditional Hearts pubs, who expect to have their usual decent number of Jambos in to watch their game on TV, will be regulars only, no Hibs fans (unless they happen to be a regular). The other pubs who aren't usually football pubs have been advised to go no colours or large groups. Platform 5, who have had issues with Hibs casuals on Derby Days, will be operating a strict no colours or groups policy and will be running well below capacity. After the game, the pubs have been advised to close their doors until the crowds have passed. Basically, the police are hoping everyone heads back to their local areas throughout the city rather than hanging around Haymarket.

My advise would be to drink in Leith and jump in a taxi or bus at the back of 2.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Basically, all the traditional Hearts pubs, who expect to have their usual decent number of Jambos in to watch their game on TV, will be regulars only, no Hibs fans (unless they happen to be a regular). The other pubs who aren't usually football pubs have been advised to go no colours or large groups. Platform 5, who have had issues with Hibs casuals on Derby Days, will be operating a strict no colours or groups policy and will be running well below capacity. After the game, the pubs have been advised to close their doors until the crowds have passed. Basically, the police are hoping everyone heads back to their local areas throughout the city rather than hanging around Haymarket.

My advise would be to drink in Leith and jump in a taxi or bus at the back of 2.

Utterly ridiculous.

DaveF
23-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Just bumping this back to the top with the game only a week away.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Marcos is a good shout. I am the worst pool player known to man though!

DH1875
23-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Take it you dont need to be a member to get into marcos.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-01-2016, 05:08 PM
Take it you dont need to be a member to get into marcos.

Nope.

lord bunberry
23-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Will definitely be in pre semi final.

I'll leave the pool comp to others as I'm utter humpty at pool. Darts on the other hand....
I got myself a dartboard last week, I'm just getting used to my darts at the moment, before the 180s start flowing :greengrin

monktonharp
23-01-2016, 05:30 PM
BMC for a cheap peeve. Oh, never been in the Broken Marriage Club. what's it like, apart from cheap peeve?:confused:

Hibee87
23-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Anyone know the script with the shandon and locarno pool halls?

StevieBoyKdy
23-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Sunny side supporters club what times this opening?

cleanyman
23-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Got a rare day off.

Doesn't sound great.

Stay clear of Gorgie until the kick off then?

BS44
23-01-2016, 06:23 PM
Anyone know the script with the shandon and locarno pool halls?

The brothers that own them are both good Hibs fans so you'll definitely be welcome. B)

monktonharp
23-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Might be worth giving the prison officers club in mc leod street a call to see what chances are of getting in.this is fast becoming a "will they let us in" thread. annoying to see the like of BMC not welcoming business, but that's fine by me. some of the pubs up there, are obviously in the "hate Hibs" club. not a friendly bunch, but that's their problem if they want to throw money out the windae.

itslegaltender
23-01-2016, 06:31 PM
The brothers that own them are both good Hibs fans so you'll definitely be welcome. B)

And the bakers that used to be malones have the best pies in Edinburgh

monktonharp
23-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Anyone know the script with the shandon and locarno pool halls?don't know, but A young lady I know, told me her mother runs Diane's pool hall. don't know if it's still open though. the girl is a ST holder at the Siro, but not seen her for a while.

Cod Boy
23-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Can rule out the old Westfield now called the Murrayfield sports bar.They have 5 buses of St johnstone fans booked in

KWJ
23-01-2016, 07:21 PM
Cannae believe the game isnae on the box.

Fortunately it's on HibsTV for us overseas Hibees that'll be up early.

MSK
23-01-2016, 07:24 PM
don't know, but A young lady I know, told me her mother runs Diane's pool hall. don't know if it's still open though. the girl is a ST holder at the Siro, but not seen her for a while.Lee McNair 👍

S4uzee
23-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Can rule out the old Westfield now called the Murrayfield sports bar.They have 5 buses of St johnstone fans booked in
That was my plan :rolleyes:

andrew70
23-01-2016, 07:32 PM
What time does the Harp and Castle open, fancy a wee sesh down Leith before a taxi to the Asbestos Dome.

we'll be in town for 1015!

Albanian Hibs
25-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Anyone heading to Diane's pool hall?

SausageSurprise
25-01-2016, 07:32 PM
A couple of our boys are wanting to drink in the footlights and jump a taxi. Personally not that keen as I'd rather some matchday atmosphere and a sing song

CorrieHibs
25-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Who is all heading to marco's? Do people think it will be a good turn out there?

Pretty Boy
25-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Who is all heading to marco's? Do people think it will be a good turn out there?

I'll be heading along with a few guys I play football with for about 1.

I reckon it's going to be pretty busy.

Scouse Hibee
25-01-2016, 07:42 PM
So many choices, so many different people I know telling me different places they are going, pretty undecided just now where to go :confused:

Platform 5 after the game for Lpool v West Ham is a cert though.

Albanian Hibs
25-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Think we will be heading to Diane's for 11ish 🍻

HH81
25-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Anyone for a game of pool?

SeanWilson
25-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Oh, never been in the Broken Marriage Club. what's it like, apart from cheap peeve?:confused:

Used to drink in here years ago.... If you're ok with absolutely rank, hideous Masonic Hun patter - you'll be ok. Otherwise, steer clear.

SausageSurprise
25-01-2016, 07:45 PM
So many choices, so many different people I know telling me different places they are going, pretty undecided just now where to go :confused:

You not staying for the penalties?

Scouse Hibee
25-01-2016, 07:48 PM
You not staying for the penalties?

Nah probably won't bother unless you get extra loyalty points for it. Liverpool game is far more important.

LeithSqualk
26-01-2016, 05:18 AM

Have a back up plan as they may close after the game for the crowd to disperse

oconnors_strip
26-01-2016, 07:53 AM
What time does the Harp and Castle open, fancy a wee sesh down Leith before a taxi to the Asbestos Dome.

we'll be in town for 1015!

11am and serving food all day

Speedy
26-01-2016, 08:02 AM
Murrayfield sports bar the old Westfield

They've got a good number of St Johnstone fans booked in. (5 iirc but may be wrong)

Edit: see I've been beaten to it :greengrin

HIBS1968
26-01-2016, 12:43 PM
Anyone know if the BMC is open before the match as I had heard they were not opening before or after the match ?? Thanks

andrew70
26-01-2016, 02:39 PM
11am and serving food all day

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-01-2016, 02:52 PM
Dickens Bar on Dalry Road opens at 0900, I very much doubt you'd get in wearing Hibs colours though.

monktonharp
26-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Dickens Bar on Dalry Road opens at 0900, I very much doubt you'd get in wearing Hibs colours though.might not get a welcome in there. the gorgie mob will be in there to watch their game v ICT on tv wont they?

Since90+2
26-01-2016, 03:00 PM
A fair few Hibees actually drink in Dickens (and atleast 1 of the bar staff too) , not sure how it would work on Saturday though with the Hearts game being on TV.

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-01-2016, 03:05 PM
anyone considering the Jolly Botanist at haymarket?

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-01-2016, 03:12 PM
might not get a welcome in there. the gorgie mob will be in there to watch their game v ICT on tv wont they?

There was about 10 of them there on Sunday.

Scouse Hibee
26-01-2016, 03:57 PM

Can't see many folk willing to pay their prices.

lucky
26-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Not sure there will be lots of puddle drinkers out watching them on TV in pubs at lunchtime on Saturday

Pete
26-01-2016, 04:10 PM

Prefered the spiders web. They had decent taste in music.

trev the hat
26-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Prefered the spiders web. They had decent taste in music.

Not a bad soul night in there either 😉

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Can't see many folk willing to pay their prices.

It's not that bad is it?

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Scouse Hibee
26-01-2016, 06:29 PM
It's not that bad is it?

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Not for me as I expect it in there, but anyone comparing it to the likes of Platform 5 will probably object. Having said that I normally drink Gin in there.

StevieBoyKdy
26-01-2016, 09:57 PM
If your going to marcos pool hall with kids, pool area only not in bar area

cabbageandribs1875
26-01-2016, 10:12 PM
Platform 5 or Dianes pool hall...choices choices :hmmm: or..what's the chances of getting in to that caley sample room place ?

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-01-2016, 10:20 PM

Decent bar but more one that I would go with the mrs for a few gins as opposed to a lager fuelled football sesh with the lads. I think there's potential to be disappointed wherever we all end up as can't see a good old sing song like the Roseburn developing in any of the suggestions so far.

Anyone know the capacity of Marcos bar area? Is it likely to fill up pretty quickly?

Spike Mandela
26-01-2016, 10:56 PM

Going to Sighthill bowling club. My old stomping ground.

DaveF
28-01-2016, 08:32 PM
Just bumping this in readiness for the saturday pub rush :greengrin

FromTheCapital
28-01-2016, 08:42 PM
According the the bounce, the Roseburn will be full of Hibs fans? :Dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
28-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Cant make my mind up.

Starbucks, Nero or Costa? :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Costa is the most likely to score first.

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Going to Sighthill bowling club. My old stomping ground.

Have decided to take it easy before the game, and get pushed celebrating and watching the Pool after it :-)

munchar
28-01-2016, 09:06 PM

Looks like most boozers near *********** will make us unwelcome, so why give them the pleasure of knocking us back, or giving them our cash?
Easter Road pre match, & a fast black at 2pm to the game.
GGTTH :gwa::flag:

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-01-2016, 09:34 PM
I've been informed via a 3rd party that Dickens will have door staff from 1200 onwards, it opens at 0900, do with that info as you wish! :-)

Don't shoot the messenger though!

hibs0666
28-01-2016, 09:34 PM
We've got a child friendly pub sorted. Serves food too and is 10 minutes away on the he bus. Result 😋

StevieBoyKdy
28-01-2016, 09:48 PM
We've got a child friendly pub sorted. Serves food too and is 10 minutes away on the he bus. Result 

Go on...

Frazerbob
28-01-2016, 10:15 PM
I've been informed via a 3rd party that Dickens will have door staff from 1200 onwards, it opens at 0900, do with that info as you wish! :-)

Don't shoot the messenger though!

That's where we're going. Seems they will have their regulars and some pre arranged Hibs and Saints fans in. Not sure they'll be letting loads of randoms in......after 12pm.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-01-2016, 11:47 PM
That's where we're going. Seems they will have their regulars and some pre arranged Hibs and Saints fans in. Not sure they'll be letting loads of randoms in......after 12pm.

See you in there Frazer, has Callum granted you access? ;-)

CL0762
29-01-2016, 08:53 AM
Decent bar but more one that I would go with the mrs for a few gins as opposed to a lager fuelled football sesh with the lads. I think there's potential to be disappointed wherever we all end up as can't see a good old sing song like the Roseburn developing in any of the suggestions so far.

Anyone know the capacity of Marcos bar area? Is it likely to fill up pretty quickly?

It's definitely not as big as it used to be but I wouldn't be able to put a figure on how many bodies you can get in there.

.Sean.
29-01-2016, 09:26 AM
Diane's or Marco's for my lot

Frazerbob
29-01-2016, 10:15 AM
See you in there Frazer, has Callum granted you access? ;-)

Yeh he has. He bowls with a few of the boys. I don't know him.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Yeh he has. He bowls with a few of the boys. I don't know him.

He has an "interesting" past but, he has never done me any harm.

Siralbertkidd
29-01-2016, 10:26 AM
He has an "interesting" past but, he has never done me any harm.

Neither has Strongbow :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-01-2016, 10:31 AM
Thats open to debate! :)

offshorehibby
29-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Any body got info on Strafords, thinking of heading there. Mate not great on his feet so that's the nearest. Either that or i have a couple of pints in Tamsons and just meet him before game.

Albanian Hibs
29-01-2016, 11:16 AM
What time is everyone heading to Diane's pool hall for?

hibs0666
29-01-2016, 11:47 AM
If there is any justice the yams game will be postponed and all those pubs and clubs that have banned hibs supporters will have a dreadful days trading. Hell mend them.

Frazerbob
29-01-2016, 12:56 PM
If there is any justice the yams game will be postponed and all those pubs and clubs that have banned hibs supporters will have a dreadful days trading. Hell mend them.

I have to say, I see their point. I run a pub quite near Pittodrie. It's rammed every Sheep home game and busy whenever they're on the TV. It'll never happen however if the situation ever arose that they were on TV before The Rangers played a semi at Pittodrie, I would not allow any Huns in. I would look after my regulars who use me week in week out rather than take a few quid from the Huns I wont see again. How much money do you think a wee pub on Gorgie Road will take from Hibs fans in the couple of hours before the game? Not enough to risk your bread and butter trade I'd suggest. Having said that, I would laugh if the Merricks game was called off!

hibs0666
29-01-2016, 02:07 PM
I have to say, I see their point. I run a pub quite near Pittodrie. It's rammed every Sheep home game and busy whenever they're on the TV. It'll never happen however if the situation ever arose that they were on TV before The Rangers played a semi at Pittodrie, I would not allow any Huns in. I would look after my regulars who use me week in week out rather than take a few quid from the Huns I wont see again. How much money do you think a wee pub on Gorgie Road will take from Hibs fans in the couple of hours before the game? Not enough to risk your bread and butter trade I'd suggest. Having said that, I would laugh if the Merricks game was called off!

I'm more thinking about social clubs like the bmc to be honest. That place has chosen to ban Hibs supporters and leave two function rooms empty. All for the sake of keeping 15 jakeys happy.

HH81
29-01-2016, 02:59 PM
I am happy to set up a table for killer pool, it is a quick game where you get 3 lifes and you lose one by missing a shot, we could so it where winner takes alll minus cost of the table.

£2.00 entry per game or something. If quite a few enter can be some good money for the winner. I'd be willing to keep track of the lifes etc. Message me or post on this thread if you fancy this and can arrange a time etc... Also can explain it more if any one needs some info.

hibbypostie
29-01-2016, 03:26 PM

:agree:

Real Emerald
29-01-2016, 05:49 PM
I see the hearts game is in doubt and are having a 7:30am inspection. Would be ironic if no hearts game on TV and all the Gorgie pubs missing out on a wedge. Karma

Frazerbob
29-01-2016, 06:37 PM
I'm more thinking about social clubs like the bmc to be honest. That place has chosen to ban Hibs supporters and leave two function rooms empty. All for the sake of keeping 15 jakeys happy.

That's just daft. I tried to book Murrayfield Indoor Sports Club for 20 friends and family. I go there before rugby internationals when it is heaving. They refused my booking as they don't take bookings from football fans. The group is almost entirely the same people.

staunchhibby
29-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Heading to prison officers club mc leod street before the game.

Broken Gnome
29-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Heading to prison officers club mc leod street before the game.

Is that not loaded with Saints fans? Know some booked in there, good few buses have that plan.

iwasthere1972
29-01-2016, 06:56 PM

Good call. Just poke our heads in the doors of these establishments, wave our Wonga and disappear. :aok:

dp00
29-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Murrayfield hotel any good ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
29-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Murrayfield hotel any good ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think full of saints fans..

Murrayfield
Roseburn all saints bars

Nakedmanoncrack
29-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Think full of saints fans..

Murrayfield
Roseburn all saints bars

Since when did we start allocating pubs?
Surely you just go wherever suits you, plenty of us in Roseburn last time.

The_Horde
29-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Roseburn is gonna be full of hibbies, apparently a shed load getting there for opening time.

Lancs Harp
29-01-2016, 09:24 PM
Probably grab a bite to eat and a pint or two around Haymarket.

dp00
29-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Surely Saints and Hibs fans can be civil have a bit banter and be in the same pub before the game :/

GreenCastle
29-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Surely Saints and Hibs fans can be civil have a bit banter and be in the same pub before the game :/

Yeah agreed.

Was just told by a friend that they plan to be in most of the bars on roseburn side.

I'm sure it will be full of Hibs fans also :)

SON OF PADDY
29-01-2016, 10:38 PM
Good call. Just poke our heads in the doors of these establishments, wave our Wonga and disappear. :aok:

I like the cut off your jib " @uck them " up town then fast black to the sh@tehole.

Tynie01011973
30-01-2016, 06:57 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35442014

YAMS game is off - #uck the local Pubs no getting the green pounds today :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
30-01-2016, 10:02 AM
we're sticking to the plans we made :agree: karma

kentao
30-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Can anyone confirm if the roseburn are allowing hibbys in?

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Nae door staff at Dickens yet.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2016, 10:58 AM
There is now.

iwasthere1972
30-01-2016, 11:13 AM
I like the cut off your jib " @uck them " up town then fast black to the sh@tehole.

I would also chuck a stink bomb in for good measure but they would probably think that it was an air freshener.

Real Emerald
30-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Haymarket and very nice except the prices. Hibs and saints fans no probs.

Hibstrooper
30-01-2016, 11:25 AM
Diggers accepting both sets of fans

Albanian Hibs
30-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Dianes pool hall heaving and have promcclaimers songs on!

DaveF
30-01-2016, 12:15 PM
Marcos was far too busy. Didn't stay long.

marinello59
30-01-2016, 12:58 PM
Marcos was far too busy. Didn't stay long.

Queue for bar was far too long for us.

DaveF
30-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Queue for bar was far too long for us.

We went to priory bar on Morrison st. Crap beer selection but plenty of room.

Edson Arantes
30-01-2016, 01:06 PM
Platform 5?

dp00
30-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Murrayfield hotel was decent

lucky
30-01-2016, 04:59 PM
The Roseburn looked empty when I passed around 1pm

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2016, 06:23 PM
Good banter in Dickens between both sets of fans after the game. Must've been enjoyable for any local Jambos that were in to witness the SOL singalong when it came on the jukebox.

Bishop Hibee
31-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Mathers (west end) was full of Hibees pre-match as was the Cask and Barrel (Broughton St) post-match. Great day out.

Stuarty27
31-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Marcos was a farce, they advertised for fans and only had 2 folk serving, took over 35 mins to get a drink and when we finally got to the bar they had ran out of clean glasses!

LeithSqualk
31-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Marcos was a farce, they advertised for fans and only had 2 folk serving, took over 35 mins to get a drink and when we finally got to the bar they had ran out of clean glasses!

I would have bailed long before 35 min. Where did everyone else drink/knocked back from

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 07:30 PM

Clear case of wanting the money over the bar but unwilling to pay the wage bill to provide the service required.

NthCarolinaHibs
31-01-2016, 07:37 PM
No one allowed in Platform 5 after half twelve... even when punters left,we were not allowed in...went up to Mercat and got served after a short wait..

Frazerbob
31-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Marcos was always going to be a disaster. Their drink promos were illegal for a start, not complying with the 72 hour rule. Rank amateurs.

We had a great time pre match in Dickens. Mixed crowd having a we sing song and lots of friendly banter. The Jambo host was very welcoming.

After the game we went to Thomson's Bar on Morrison Street. Full of Hibbies and some great beers. A couple of hours later we headed back to Leith. Brass Monkey knocked us back, football fans obviously not welcome in the nouveau Leith bars. Harp was too busy so we ended up in Robbies, which is a shadow of it's former self. All in all, a great day had!

StevieBoyKdy
31-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Was one of the first in Marcos, total farce, 3 people serving max mainly two folks and one glass collecting. Prob was slow service and they didn't anticipate a big crowd as they got. Everyone started get 2/3 pints at a time instead of one resulting in even longer cues. Glad I won't be going back in a hurry.

offshorehibby
31-01-2016, 08:55 PM
Stratfords was a great laugh before game, a good crowd of Hibees and a small smattering of Saints, busy after game as well.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2016, 09:34 PM
We had a great time pre match in Dickens. Mixed crowd having a we sing song and lots of friendly banter. The Jambo host was very welcoming.

Rather surprisingly there's a Jambo giving the Hibs fans that were in Dickens pre-match a decent bit of praise over on JKB, even more surprisingly none of the roasters have shot him down in flames yet.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-01-2016, 09:58 PM
Was at Marcos for it opening, got served immediately then waited 20 mins for drink two. Bulk bought to save queuing again and played pool for an hour or so then left and went to Stratford. Mental from Marcos to plan it all and advertise it so much but then only have 3 folk serving

FranckSuzy
31-01-2016, 10:04 PM
A group of us were booked into the ground floor room of Merchiston Hearts, with Saints fans upstairs. Well, what can I say...? To start with, the 'lady' on the door was getting tore into a bevvy, there were 3 tables around the walls with about 2 chairs in total.... It was actually like going to a random's house party who just happens to have pawned all their furniture. To top it off, one of the 'toilets' was actually just a hole in the ground... It made going back to Sunnyside seem like stepping into a 5* establishment :greengrin

oconnors_strip
31-01-2016, 10:08 PM
A group of us were booked into the ground floor room of Merchiston Hearts, with Saints fans upstairs. Well, what can I say...? To start with, the 'lady' on the door was getting tore into a bevvy, there were 3 tables around the walls with about 2 chairs in total.... It was actually like going to a random's house party who just happens to have pawned all their furniture. To top it off, one of the 'toilets' was actually just a hole in the ground... It made going back to Sunnyside seem like stepping into a 5* establishment :greengrin

And the ladies toilet upstairs was so small that if you were any bigger than a size 18 (very curvy to you men) you would get stuck in the cubicle!!

And no southern comfort in the downstairs bar, the barman wouldn't get his colleague to go get it or allow me to nip upstairs quickly. I wasn't going to cause a riot with the 40 or so saintees.

hibbymick
31-01-2016, 10:15 PM
My mate ended up in a pub no far from the ground and watched it live on TV.

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2016, 01:41 AM
No one allowed in Platform 5 after half twelve... even when punters left,we were not allowed in...went up to Mercat and got served after a short wait..

went in there after the game, bro in-law went out for a fag and called me saying he couldn't get back in...even though he still had some drink left...first and last visit for me

macca70
01-02-2016, 09:49 AM
went in there after the game, bro in-law went out for a fag and called me saying he couldn't get back in...even though he still had some drink left...first and last visit for me

I was in Platform 5 from 11.30am, what a joke!!!

When I 1st arrived it was busy, mixed crowd of Hibby's and Saintee's.

I got a table with 4 seats as I had a couple of mates on way to meet me.

Mates arrived, no colours on, by this time it was significantly quiter as a group of about 20 Super J fans had left.

Bouncers wouldn't let my mate in, stating the managers instructions as pub was at capacity.

The lower level was barely half full, I had a table with 4 unoccupied seats but they weren't allowing anyone else in.

Wonder if they will adopt the same policy this Saturday for the rugby!! I very much doubt it. Will be avoiding in future as it was a complete farce of a situation.

Albanian Hibs
01-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Diane's pool hall was jumping before the match and it was only £2.50 a pint. The doors were closed post match after instruction from the police 😬

SeanWilson
01-02-2016, 09:53 AM

Mates arrived, no colours on, by this time it was significantly quiter as a group of about 20 Super J fans had left.

Bouncers wouldn't let my mate in, stating the managers instructions as pub was at capacity.

The lower level was barely half full, I had a table with 4 unoccupied seats but they weren't allowing anyone else in.

Wonder if they will adopt the same policy this Saturday for the rugby!! I very much doubt it. Will be avoiding in future as it was a complete farce of a situation.

yeah - we got off train at 12.40 - walked across, loads of tables free in clear view but bouncers knocking everyone back... we just wandered along to Coates Gardens and had a few in one of the wee hotels, was about 15 of us, all hibees, good crack!

Frazerbob
01-02-2016, 01:46 PM

Platform 5 have had a lot of grief the last couple of Derbies due to our casuals making it their venue of choice before, during and after the games. With all the worry about Hearts fans being in the area for their TV game, they were advised by the police to refuse entry to large groups and to operate well below capacity. This was mentioned by me on this thread in the run up to the game. Now, in that situation you don't have to take the advice of the police but it is definitely advisable. What I would say is, when the Hearts game was cancelled all earlier concerns where surely no longer valid. There was never going to be bother between Hibs and Saints fans so the pubs should have just embraced all fans.

I suspect on Sunday, they will be even tighter on the door.

IFONLY
01-02-2016, 02:09 PM

Behave yourself..!!!!!!!! the toilet that you are describing had an out of order sign on it, the reason there was a lack of tables and chairs was to allow more people in, but not everyone who had a ticket turned up. What was the problem with having Saints fans upstairs?

HibbySpurs
01-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Diane's pool hall was jumping before the match and it was only £2.50 a pint. The doors were closed post match after instruction from the police 

Yup, we had a great time in Dianes before the game.... Cheap as chips as well.....

Had gone to Marco's but after standing in que for 20 mins, gave up and went there, glad we did.