PDA

View Full Version : Which is the most hated team in Scotland?

SouthMoroccoStu
19-01-2016, 04:55 AM
Straw Poll (http://strawpoll.me/6566195) online

2 very obvious answers, don't make me choose :wink:

iwasthere1972
19-01-2016, 05:18 AM
Straw Poll (http://strawpoll.me/6566195) online

2 very obvious answers, don't make me choose :wink:

Can't see an update on the results. Is it just me?

linlithgowhibbie
19-01-2016, 05:59 AM
Can't see an update on the results. Is it just me?

Post your vote and it flips to the results so far.

Think it will depend upon which websites this is placed on!!:gwa:

Winston Ingram
19-01-2016, 06:11 AM
Who are 'Rangers'?

SouthMoroccoStu
19-01-2016, 06:19 AM
Dunfermline in 3rd place!

That's a surprise

Auckland Hibs
19-01-2016, 06:27 AM

That's a surprise

Strange one - always had a decent time when visiting EEP and they seem like a good local club :confused:

Fenriz
19-01-2016, 06:46 AM
No Airdrieonians or Livingston on that list, find that a bit unusual.

Have always thought of Airdrie as a sort of 'concentrated Rangers', and 'Franchise FC' are deeply unpopular with a lot of lower league supporters.

Auckland Hibs
19-01-2016, 06:56 AM
No Airdrieonians or Livingston on that list, find that a bit unusual.

Have always thought of Airdrie as a sort of 'concentrated Rangers', and 'Franchise FC' are deeply unpopular with a lot of lower league supporters.

Airdrie are in my top 5 hated clubs - horrible, horrible little club!

Too many ex Yam connections, bunch of thugs on the park and a bunch of racist hun-like supporters to match.

Saw Kevin Harper take disgusting abuse during a midweek cup game many moons ago, pretty sure he lost the plot and got red carded (fairly sure we got beat 1-0).

Only positive from that night was seeing a few of their racist / BNP casuals getting smacked in the car park afterwards.

allezsauzee
19-01-2016, 07:01 AM
The yams are proving themselves to be the 'big team' in this poll

lord bunberry
19-01-2016, 07:45 AM

That's a surprise
Falkirk are 4th. There's a big rivalry between the 2 of them, I wouldn't be surprised if this poll has appeared on their fans forums encouraging them to vote.

Nutmegged
19-01-2016, 07:53 AM
Sevco, Hearts, Airdrie, Aberdeen, St Johnstone (souless)

GreenArmyyy!
19-01-2016, 08:16 AM
Not a fan of any of the Ayrshire two, very Hunnish around those parts.

iwasthere1972
19-01-2016, 08:19 AM
Falkirk are 4th. There's a big rivalry between the 2 of them, I wouldn't be surprised if this poll has appeared on their fans forums encouraging them to vote.

:agree:

Looks like it hasn't appeared on the Dundee or Dundee Utd fans forum either.

Nutmegged
19-01-2016, 08:34 AM

I never liked Kilmarnock until that Killie fan started posting those videos, now I quite enjoy looking out for their results go see how he reacts

erin go bragh
19-01-2016, 08:48 AM
Tried to vote twice for Hearts but dont hate them , i fuuuucking despise them :devil:

GGTTH

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-01-2016, 08:48 AM
Celgers or Rantic.

PeeKay
19-01-2016, 09:13 AM
I think it depends which group of football people in Scotland you are talking about. If it's the supporters then I think it has to be Sevco, but amongst the media I think it's Hibs.

Diclonius
19-01-2016, 09:28 AM
Personally it has to be Hearts, but nationally it's going to be Rangers with Celtic close behind.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2016, 09:31 AM

Tbh I actually respect fans from through the west who don't just go along and follow Rangers or Celtic.

After the 4-2 cup tie at Rugby Park I know a few Killie fans were pretty upset about us singing 'go home ya huns' to them and pointed out they are the decent few who have chosen not to go down that route.

Fife-Hibee
19-01-2016, 09:42 AM
The Rangers and the **** it's so hard to decide !

Nutmegged
19-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Sevco running away with it

Speedy
19-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Not surprised to see Rangers miles out front.

Despite the song, no votes for Dundee

Cabbage East
19-01-2016, 10:01 AM
The most obvious poll in history. Every club in Scotland apart from Airdrie hates the huns these days.

SaulGoodman
19-01-2016, 10:04 AM
I hate the Huns more than I hate Hearts right now and that pains me to say.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2016, 10:08 AM
I'm loathe to vote for the huns as they will wear it as a badge of honour. They love being hated.

The Harp Awakes
19-01-2016, 10:17 AM
65% so far for the currant buns. Surprised it's not higher:dunno:

BH Hibs
19-01-2016, 10:18 AM
The most obvious poll in history. Every club in Scotland apart from Airdrie hates the huns these days.

Have to say I know a fair few Airdrie fans and they hate the Huns as well.

Bostonhibby
19-01-2016, 10:18 AM
The rangers, I hate what they stand for and how they behave every bit as much as I hated the now defunct Glasgow rangers

Honourable mentions for celtc, Airdrie and their now defunct predecessors as well as the yams from Mercer on.

LancsHibs
19-01-2016, 10:20 AM
I voted for Rangers but then felt a bit regretful as it felt wrong to vote for a deceased club so went back on to vote for Celtic and Hearts but it wouldn't let me:dunno:

The Harp Awakes
19-01-2016, 10:29 AM

That's a surprise

Every Falkirk fan would have voted for the Pars and vice versa. They hate each other.

Geo_1875
19-01-2016, 10:32 AM
How can The Rangers be so hated? What have they done in 3 years to piss everybody off? There are some clubs in Scotland that haven't even played against the yet.

I hate hertz as a team, a club and as a group of fans.

LancsHibs
19-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Every Falkirk fan would have voted for the Pars and vice versa. They hate each other.

What's the reason? Dunfermlines local and historic rivalries are with Cowdenbeath and Raith Rovers, have heard about this Falkirk thing before but don't know why.

CallumLaidlaw
19-01-2016, 10:36 AM
What's the reason? Dunfermlines local and historic rivalries are with Cowdenbeath and Raith a Rovers, have heard about this Falkirk thing before but don't know why.

The story I hear from Pars fans is that after Norrie Mccathie died, the falkirk fans made hissing noises at a match.

LancsHibs
19-01-2016, 10:38 AM
How can The Rangers be so hated? What have they done in 3 years to piss everybody off? There are some clubs in Scotland that haven't even played against the yet.

I hate hertz as a team, a club and as a group of fans.

Have you met or heard their fans? they seem as bad as the fans that followed the defunct club with a similar sounding name!! They are quickly building up a reputation just as bad.

LancsHibs
19-01-2016, 10:39 AM
The story I hear from Pars fans is that after Norrie Mccathie died, the falkirk fans made hissing noises at a match.

Cheers for that, suppose you should know living where you do!

Edson Arantes
19-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Huns for me.

And no love for Airdrie.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2016, 10:52 AM
What's the reason? Dunfermlines local and historic rivalries are with Cowdenbeath and Raith Rovers, have heard about this Falkirk thing before but don't know why.

Throughout much of the 80s and early 90s Falkirk and Dunfermilne were often fighting it out near the top of the 1st division for promotion and the rivalry spawned from there.

As mentioned above the alleged Norrie McCathie incident didn't help but the rivalry was already there.

J-C
19-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Only one really hated team as far as I'm concerned and that's The Rangers, closely followed by Celtic.

ekhibee
19-01-2016, 11:01 AM

That's a surprise
Hearts are in 3rd place.

My_Wife_Camille
19-01-2016, 11:07 AM
As a self confessed bitter small minded Hobo, I hate all teams that are not Hibs. There are no teams I even have as much as a soft spot for.

At the moment my most hated teams are

1. Hearts
2. Celtic
3. Rangers
4. Aberdeen
5. Raith Rovers

Celtic only just finish above Rangers on Goal Difference. At least Rangers know they are **** but the constant denial from Celtic and the whole 'big cousin' pish just nudges them above the Huns.

Bad Martini
19-01-2016, 11:08 AM
My own list of footballing *******s:

1) The Rangers/Rangers/Whateverthe****theyarecalledbutweallknowtoberancid
2) Celtic
3) Hearts
4) Airdrie
5) Cowdenbeath
6) Motherwell
7) Aberdeen
8) Kilmarnock

...the rest I will have either a passing dislike or relative indifference.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2016, 11:14 AM
My own list of footballing *******s:

1) The Rangers/Rangers/Whateverthe****theyarecalledbutweallknowtoberancid
2) Celtic
3) Hearts
4) Airdrie
5) Cowdenbeath
6) Motherwell
7) Aberdeen
8) Kilmarnock

...the rest I will have either a passing dislike or relative indifference.

Cowdenbeath is a great shout.

That's a club who would walk over broken glass to kiss the erse of Rangers. The video doing the round the other week of Donald Findlay and their other directors taking part in some ceremony to toast the Queen in the Ibrox boardroom before their game was utterly nauseating.

RoxburghHibs
19-01-2016, 11:25 AM
1. The Rangers
2. Hearts
3. Celtic
4. Dundee Utd
5.. everyone else

BH Hibs
19-01-2016, 11:25 AM
Throughout much of the 80s and early 90s Falkirk and Dunfermilne were often fighting it out near the top of the 1st division for promotion and the rivalry spawned from there.

As mentioned above the alleged Norrie McCathie incident didn't help but the rivalry was already there.

Im pretty sure in the 80's one team were already champions and were playing the second bottom team who needed a big win to survive and relegate the other team. So under allegations of lying down this happened and I think it was Falkirk who went up and Dunfermline went down o the old 2nd Div.

WeeRussell
19-01-2016, 11:30 AM
Almost correct top 4 in current voting - but Aberdeen need swapped for the Pars.

1. Rangers
2. Celtic
3. Hearts
4. Aberdeen

Easy.

Hibernia&Alba
19-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Across the country as a whole I think The Rangers would win the poll by miles, with Celtic second. The rest would be a long way back.

DarrenSQH
19-01-2016, 11:58 AM

That's a club who would walk over broken glass to kiss the erse of Rangers. The video doing the round the other week of Donald Findlay and their other directors taking part in some ceremony to toast the Queen in the Ibrox boardroom before their game was utterly nauseating.

Although a few big Hibees manage and play for them so not all bad.

Ringothedog
19-01-2016, 12:05 PM
At Quarter to Five on some Saturdays, Hibs top my list of most hated teams :grr:

Franck Stanton
19-01-2016, 12:05 PM
My top 5 for what it's worth is ;-

1. hearts

2. hearts

3. hearts

4. hearts

5. hearts

Diclonius
19-01-2016, 12:07 PM
1. Hearts
2. Rangers
3. Celtic

Nae bothered about anyone else, but do enjoy watching arrogant "big" European teams getting hammered (i.e. Madrid, Man Utd, Bayern etc).

Smartie
19-01-2016, 12:12 PM
At Quarter to Five on some Saturdays, Hibs top my list of most hated teams :grr:

A fair point.

Hibs have ruined more weekends and caused me more misery than any other team.

I think I'm going to vote for us, only because Fraser Fyvie isn't on the list.

'kin BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

givescotlandfreedom
19-01-2016, 12:19 PM
I'm loathe to vote for the huns as they will wear it as a badge of honour. They love being hated.

They say that but they were frothing at the mouth when nearly every club voted for Sevco to start at the bottom.

AndyM_1875
19-01-2016, 12:24 PM

Sorry but that's utter nonsense. Cowdenbeath are a wee community club that live hand to mouth and their supporters are some of the most dedicated I have ever met.

Findlay was born in Cowdenbeath, he's high profile and that's why he is Chairman.
Their 600 match attending fansfans don't live in the same world as Rangers and one walk round Central Park would demonstrate that. I've been at several Cowdenbeath games and the scores from Ibrox and Parkhead are met with complete indifference.

frazeHFC
19-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Could have picked Celtic, Hearts or Aberdeen but for me Rangers are the worthy winner!

MWHIBBIES
19-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Only thing the Huns are going to win this season.

Franck Stanton
19-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Sorry but that's utter nonsense. Cowdenbeath are a wee community club that live hand to mouth and their supporters are some of the most dedicated I have ever met.

Findlay was born in Cowdenbeath, he's high profile and that's why he is Chairman.
Their 600 match attending fansfans don't live in the same world as Rangers and one walk round Central Park would demonstrate that. I've been at several Cowdenbeath games and the scores from Ibrox and Parkhead are met with complete indifference.

Why do they act like the bigots from castle greyskull when we play them then ? Last time I was there they were shouting "fienian Ba#####s" "tims"

etc etc all day. Guys behind the dugouts were giving Stubs a hard time all game with their vile bigoted shouts.

Hibernia&Alba
19-01-2016, 12:32 PM

I don't know about the Cowdenbeath support, due to there being so few of them, but Donald Findlay is a total Hun trumpet.

HibbyAndy
19-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Hearts

Hearts

Hearts

Disgusting horrid vile little club.

Deansy
19-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Shocked at the Hun's current score of only 65% - I genuinely believe it's more likely to be at least 80+% ??

fulshie
19-01-2016, 12:39 PM
I know this is just a bit of fun but, I personally am a Hibernian supporter and not another team hater. I don't really care too much for what other clubs do or what their supporters think or sing. I care about us and us only.:flag:

Bostonhibby
19-01-2016, 12:43 PM
Hearts are in 3rd place.
The "famous" 3rd?

You will get strongly worded letters from yammish and slated in their EEN forum if they are not first.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2016, 12:49 PM

They may be a community club and dedicated but their sectarianism was certainly audible and persistent enough to cause Pat Fenlon to comment on it after we played there.

Pete
19-01-2016, 01:00 PM
It annoys us when people consider hearts to be a good club with good morals that hasn't done anything wrong. How on earth have people been ignoring their wanton overspending?

It's therefore surprising that people are asking why Dunfermline are so disliked. Fans of Falkirk, Raith (the wee team, sound familiar?) etc...feel cheated out of results and league positions and can't stand all the sympathy the pars recently received during their financial troubles. The bottom line was that their fans weren't complaining or asking questions when the money was flowing and the good times were happening.

Pete
19-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Obviously no Sevco fans voted because Dundee United haven't received many votes.

Not sure why they are so disliked by them.

Thecat23
19-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Can't believe some think The Rangers are far worse than Hearts. Both cheats, both have vile fans but Hearts are so pig headed these days it's beyond belief.

The Hearts fans go on like their team is Man U who have won countless trophies every year for the past 20 years. Before Vlad they were bad but now it's on another level. Can't stand that disgusting excuse of a football club.

Everyone else I don't really like but them i can't stand.

AndyM_1875
19-01-2016, 01:33 PM
They may be a community club and dedicated but their sectarianism was certainly audible and persistent enough to cause Pat Fenlon to comment on it after we played there.

So a handful of zoomers shouting stupid obscenities means an entire club support is sectarian? I'll remember that next time I hear a couple off Hibs fans screaming about 'Orange this or that' next time we play Sevco Rangers..

monktonharp
19-01-2016, 02:03 PM
still nae votes for St Johnstone. that could dramatically change come the 31st Jan. 1 reason being Sevco fans and their manager upset. could be another reason too, but :confused:

Malthibby
19-01-2016, 04:19 PM

True, but at least they're supporting wee hunny teams rather than that lot up the M74.........

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Can't believe some think The Rangers are far worse than Hearts. Both cheats, both have vile fans but Hearts are so pig headed these days it's beyond belief.

The Hearts fans go on like their team is Man U who have won countless trophies every year for the past 20 years. Before Vlad they were bad but now it's on another level. Can't stand that disgusting excuse of a football club.

Kenny and the boys will like this I'm certain.

Malthibby
19-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Obviously no Sevco fans voted because Dundee United haven't received many votes.

Not sure why they are so disliked by them.
15930 :greengrin Meybes?

Thecat23
19-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Kenny and the boys will like this I'm certain.

Eh??

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 04:34 PM
So a handful of zoomers shouting stupid obscenities means an entire club support is sectarian? I'll remember that next time I hear a couple off Hibs fans screaming about 'Orange this or that' next time we play Sevco Rangers..

Or perhaps, the next time the Hibs Chairman is an openly simpering bigot working in the name of public defence, who will allow himself to be filmed singing songs glorifying the slaying of other creeds and can't wait to get back into the Ibrox boardroom to toast the Queen? I'll remember that then as well.

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Eh??

Aye. Eh? Youre good at that one!

Thecat23
19-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Aye. Eh? Youre good at that one!

What you on about? I honestly have no idea!

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 04:44 PM
What you on about? I honestly have no idea!

Mistaken identity then. Getting you mixed up with that other poster who tells us about Kenny and the laughs with the other Rangers boys. Sorry.

Thecat23
19-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Mistaken identity then. Getting you mixed up with that other poster who tells us about Kenny and the laughs with the other Rangers boys. Sorry.

What is that got to do with this thread? I've pm you by the way!

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 04:55 PM
What is that got to do with this thread? I've pm you by the way!

Away and ***** with your PM nonsense. You openly have an affection for the 'lads' you've posted it on here and that's what it's got to do with this thread. If you can't understand why most Hibbies despise Huns, then you've spent too long in the company of of one and not enough of the other.

Thecat23
19-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Away and ***** with your PM nonsense. You openly have an affection for the 'lads' you've posted it on here and that's what it's got to do with this thread. If you can't understand why most Hibbies despise Huns, then you've spent too long in the company of of one and not enough of the other.

Nice response how old are you?

I despise them as well, but I find the maroon side way worse past few years.

But well done coming across a twat! 👍🏼

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Nice response how old are you?

I despise them as well, but I find the maroon side way worse past few years.

But well done coming across a twat! 

Age is in the profile boy. I count that response of yours as abuse. Do I report you now or find you and skelp your bum?

Pete
19-01-2016, 05:05 PM
15930 :greengrin Meybes?

Brilliant, forgot about that. :thumbsup:

It was the effing truth though.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Guys c'mon eh?

If there's a problem between the pair of you then resolve it privately and let's cut the abuse and accusations from this thread.

There's been enough nipping the last few days without it starting on another thread as well.

Thecat23
19-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Guys c'mon eh?

If there's a problem between the pair of you then resolve it privately and let's cut the abuse and accusations from this thread.

There's been enough nipping the last few days without it starting on another thread as well.

Spot on, hense why I pm him as I never knew there was a problem.

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Spot on, hense why I pm him as I never knew there was a problem.

And I'd prefer you didn't PM 'him'. Hense (sic), like I said. And enough said. And more than enough from you.

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 05:29 PM
By the way. In addition to hating the Huns more than ISIS and the hate that is inherent for Hertz, I also have a real dislike for Motherwell. And the way that Ross County supporters speak.

emerald green
19-01-2016, 06:00 PM
1) The Ibrox club / Hearts - I can't choose between the pair of them. Both clubs have a large percentage of arrogant bigots contained in their supports, although I accept there are some decent supporters amongst them.

I can't stand this "famous" and "big team" pish from some Hearts supporters. They are lucky they've still got a club to support. Saved by a CVA.

The Rangers - it has all been well documented what an awful sectarian policy that club operated for many years. That attitude still exists today, even though they do now sign catholic players.

2) Airdrie - dirty Airdrie. Wee Huns.

3) The Sheep.

Bostonhibby
19-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Guys c'mon eh?

:agree: At the end of the day when you are dealing with the yam and the zombies for the accolade are we not really just asking what kind of jobby you'd prefer as a pizza filling?

hibees 7062
19-01-2016, 07:06 PM

:top marks

Thecat23
19-01-2016, 07:07 PM
:agree: At the end of the day when you are dealing with the yam and the zombies for the accolade are we not really just asking what kind of jobby you'd prefer as a pizza filling?

😂😂

Liam89
19-01-2016, 07:09 PM
By the way. In addition to hating the Huns more than ISIS and the hate that is inherent for Hertz, I also have a real dislike for Motherwell. And the way that Ross County supporters speak.

I'm sure there's an ignore user feature if you really can't stand him, no idea why you've taken such a dislike to him though.

Michael
19-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Not long before we get into the top 4. Europe here we come!

Sylar
19-01-2016, 07:23 PM

You mean the Loving Cup ceremony? If so, there's quite a pleasant story behind it and it actually has bugger all to do with their usual affiliation to Queenie.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/on-your-bike-for-rangers-and-stoke/

I'm linking the older article as all other explanations I can find are on their own sites!

As for the straw poll, Celtc, The Rangers or Airdrie for me!

AndyM_1875
19-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Or perhaps, the next time the Hibs Chairman is an openly simpering bigot working in the name of public defence, who will allow himself to be filmed singing songs glorifying the slaying of other creeds and can't wait to get back into the Ibrox boardroom to toast the Queen? I'll remember that then as well.

Simplistic.
But he's a colourful character is old Donald. :wink: it's amazing what a gut full of booze will do, not that it's an excuse for such rank stupid behaviour but having met him briefly I rather liked him. We shared a common athiest viewpoint but politics was a stretch too far, me being an old leftie. He also reckons Rangers are a new club and "don't exist" any more.

But if I ever find myself accused of murder i know who I'll want as my Defence counsel, after all if he could get a bad ******* like Paul Ferris off then I'll be no bother.

WhileTheChief..
19-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Ross County for me. No rational reason.

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm sure there's an ignore user feature if you really can't stand him, no idea why you've taken such a dislike to him though.

There is that feature and all the while, even though you've no idea, you've weighed in 2 hours late quoting a post unrelated to said 'dislike'. Unhelpful really, and not conducive to my continued dislike for:
1) Huns
2) Hertz
3) Motherwell
4) The way Ross County fans speak.

Sprouleflyer
19-01-2016, 07:46 PM
We're 5th! Who on earth would hate us???

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Simplistic.
But he's a colourful character is old Donald. :wink: it's amazing what a gut full of booze will do, not that it's an excuse for such rank stupid behaviour but having met him briefly I rather liked him. We shared a common athiest viewpoint but politics was a stretch too far, me being an old leftie. He also reckons Rangers are a new club and "don't exist" any more.

But if I ever find myself accused of murder i know who I'll want as my Defence counsel, after all if he could get a bad ******* like Paul Ferris off then I'll be no bother.

Oh well. Pick your friends I suppose. I find that simplistic. I also find the man despicable. And he neither sounds, or looks, like an 'atheist'.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2016, 08:09 PM

Another good thing to come out of Rangers demise is they absolutely hate us now. They always disliked us but now they really despise us.

I'd imagine we aren't popular with Hearts or Aberdeen either.

lord bunberry
19-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Hearts every time for me

cam75
19-01-2016, 08:14 PM
I never liked Kilmarnock until that Killie fan started posting those videos, now I quite enjoy looking out for their results go see how he reacts

What videos I must have missed them ?
GGTTH

Killiehibbie
19-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Hearts every time for me
Used to be the same for me but since living through here it's the huns old before now new.

AndyM_1875
19-01-2016, 08:28 PM
Oh well. Pick your friends I suppose. I find that simplistic. I also find the man despicable. And he neither sounds, or looks, like an 'atheist'.

I had my pre-conceptions and gave him a fair hearing and I was wrong. He was amusing and intelligent.

By the way, what is an athiest meant to sound or look like?
We don't all walk around shaking our heads incredulous at religious nonsense, clutching our copy of Dawkins whilst quietly sneering at the Bible thumpers.

One Day
19-01-2016, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=emerald green;4553471]1) The Ibrox club / Hearts - I can't choose between the pair of them. Both clubs have a large percentage of arrogant bigots contained in their supports, although I accept there are some decent supporters amongst them.

I can't stand this "famous" and "big team" pish from some Hearts supporters. They are lucky they've still got a club to support. Saved by a CVA.

Where exactly, and when, did the "famous" nonsense start. did one Jambo decide, "I know I'll think I'll start calling is the famous? now they are all at it. Maybe we should decide to call ourselves something like " The Majestic.

Answers on a post card

Eyrie
19-01-2016, 08:55 PM

I was surprised that we don't have 400,000 votes.

In the end Sevco edged Celtc for me, but tomorrow it could well be the other way round. Hearts are a very close runner up though (sound familiar?)

Stax
19-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Yams edge it over the Huns for me now purely for their delusions of grandeur. The money they've *****ed (not theirs to spend) over the years, in all honesty we and everyone else outwith the now deceased old firm should have been no where near them and what have they achieved? Beat Gretna on penalties and us at one of the biggest downturns in our history, nothing else. The "Big team" banter just makes my toes curl and I actually feel sorry for them as its so purile and obviously self loathing. On the news when they were queuing for tickets the other night a guy ages with me and with his (young) son was giving it the 5-1 for the cameras. Therin lies the difference, l just thought, F***** hell mate, your nearly 50 and your holding your hands up like your in the playground.
Closely followed by Sevco, and 3rd Motherwell, for no other reason than Tam Cowan is a Yam sympathising roaster. :greengrin

monktonharp
20-01-2016, 12:06 AM
You mean the Loving Cup ceremony? If so, there's quite a pleasant story behind it and it actually has bugger all to do with their usual affiliation to Queenie.

I'm linking the older article as all other explanations I can find are on their own sites!

As for the straw poll, Celtc, The Rangers or Airdrie for me!just watched the link, and thanks. however it actually gies me the dry boak, the very thought of toasting some monarch on a throne. which throne is this alleged monarch actually oan,by the way?The Rangers, by a country or American mile, which ever is the longest!

Iggy Pope
20-01-2016, 12:06 AM
I had my pre-conceptions and gave him a fair hearing and I was wrong. He was amusing and intelligent.

By the way, what is an athiest meant to sound or look like?
We don't all walk around shaking our heads incredulous at religious nonsense, clutching our copy of Dawkins whilst quietly sneering at the Bible thumpers.

But a bible thumper is exactly what Donald Findlay looks like to me. That's my point. Couldn't look more like one if he was asking you to mind your bonce on the way out of the wee doors.
(PS Iggy's no really the Pope BTW)

Nutmegged
20-01-2016, 12:33 AM

Its an absolutely horrendous little ritual that screams funny handshakes, if thats your thing then good luck to you but even better luck trying to talk people around on the bonkers idea on this site

Iggy Pope
20-01-2016, 12:53 AM

Everton have a wee loving cup too eh? Hmmm.

Sylar
20-01-2016, 09:00 AM
just watched the link, and thanks. however it actually gies me the dry boak, the very thought of toasting some monarch on a throne. which throne is this alleged monarch actually oan,by the way?The Rangers, by a country or American mile, which ever is the longest!

As someone who doesn't have much time for the Royal family, I do indeed agree :greengrin

Its an absolutely horrendous little ritual that screams funny handshakes, if thats your thing then good luck to you but even better luck trying to talk people around on the bonkers idea on this site

Not my thing at all, simply pointing out that as a long-standing ceremony, the director of every single club who visits Ibrox for the first game after New Year (probably including ours on a couple of occasions) takes part in this and to use it as some stick to beat a small club like Cowdenbeath with is pretty poor.

The origin of the ceremony is also a matter of pure circumstance that Rangers hold the Cup in the first place. Stoke simply requested to play the Scottish champions at the time and that was Rangers - it could easily have been Aberdeen or Celtc (who finished 2nd/3rd that year respectively) that ultimately ended up possessing it. Granted, other clubs might have declined or allowed the tradition to slip over the years but that's another story. The SFA also own a Loving Cup that sits in the Hampden trophy room.

Everton have a wee loving cup too eh? Hmmm.

22 English clubs own one of them?

GordonHFC
20-01-2016, 09:36 AM
All I can say is, does this question even need to be asked?

sadtom
20-01-2016, 01:03 PM
I have always despised derhun the most.

In fact, because i hate them so much, it stops me voting for hating hawrts the most!!!
This makes me hate them even more. :furious:

Aladdin Sane
27-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Going to be the The Rangers every day of the week for me. A contemptible club that has caused misery to anyone in it's path. Ask the Manchester police, and the innocent civilian populace up and down the country who've had the misfortune to be caught in their path. They died in 2012 but they are trying to make a comeback. This new Diet Hun outfit are no great shakes though. Like when you've given the school bully a right good kicking, and he tries to come back fighting at a later date, but everyone laughs cos they know what he's all about and they're no longer intimidated by him.

Surprised so many people here voting for the pinkoids. They're a gift to have as your local rivals. Endless hours of mirth. And you kind of have to respect them as they're a small club that's won hee haw basically ever, yet their fans seem fairly loyal - although absolutely demented beyond belief. They remind me of that guy in The Inbetweeners (Jay?) that's always going on about the stuff he's done. Total preposterous, risible, cock and bull that everyone just switches off and s******s 'Aye right pal'

Oo to be a.......

Sammy7nil
27-01-2016, 06:19 PM

400,000 Hearts fans :greengrin

KWJ
27-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Aye, the question isn't who do you hate most it's which is hated most.

So the answer is Zombie Rangers or Sellick.