PDA

View Full Version : Houston

Seveno
17-01-2016, 10:27 PM
His comments on Sportscene re McGinn were disgraceful. His attempts to brand McGinn as a serial diver are clearly meant to influence referees.

Hibs should demand an apology.

...WentToMowAnSPL
17-01-2016, 10:29 PM
From his parents? For him being conceived .... tomorrow we wake up and we are not Peter Houston, thank **** !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
17-01-2016, 10:29 PM
We'll just need to use it in our favour when that tit brings Falkirk back to ER.

PISTOL1875
17-01-2016, 10:31 PM
His comments on Sportscene re McGinn were disgraceful. His attempts to brand McGinn as a serial diver are clearly meant to influence referees.

Hibs should demand an apology.

Even McCall tried to give him the benefit of the doubt by saying that he will change his mind when he sees it again.. His judgement is horrific.. Remember this is the guy who stated that after Scotland used the 4-6-0 system , more teams would follow suite...

He is a ******g roaster of the highest level..

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Sad thing is James McD and Maybury are his management team - they'd have told him it was a pen - so in short, he's a Hertz ****

Stantons Angel
17-01-2016, 10:57 PM
the man is an absolute backside! +

He stood there in front of cameras and branded McGinn a cheat, which other referees will now pick up on. I hope he did look at that penalty call again and is ashamed of his remarks.
From where i was sitting today it was a stonewall penalty claim, the guy took the feet off of McGinn as he went to go past him in the box!

Stubbs acknowledged the dig at McGinn from Houston and he knows how stupid Houston really is!
A real BAMPOT!

Gatecrasher
17-01-2016, 11:01 PM
The guy clearly loves a wind up and get so many bites.

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2016, 11:01 PM
"Houston, we have a problem..."

"Go ahead..."

"There is a minging black hole from which a bitter sound of cracking, flatulent delusion is being constantly expelled, and it seems to be located, according to our sensors, right in Uranus."

"Aw..."

Mr White
18-01-2016, 06:47 AM

"Go ahead..."

"There is a minging black hole from which a bitter sound of cracking, flatulent delusion is being constantly expelled, and it seems to be located, according to our sensors, right in Uranus."

"Aw..."

:hilarious

MB62
18-01-2016, 07:52 AM
Liam Craig, Stephen Craigon, Chris Sutton, Michael Stewart & Stuart McColl all said it was a stonewall penalty yet this knobend accuses McGinn of diving!

Grow a pair Houston and apologise :grr:

iwasthere1972
18-01-2016, 07:56 AM
Liam Craig, Stephen Craigon, Chris Sutton, Michael Stewart & Stuart McColl all said it was a stonewall penalty yet this knobend accuses McGinn of diving!

Grow a pair Houston and apologise :grr:

It wasn't even a dive either. A blatant trip which McGinn quickly got back up on his feet from. A lot of players would have dived.

I hate Houston.

Smartie
18-01-2016, 08:02 AM
Houston's job is to win points for Falkirk, not win friends amongst the Hibs support.

I think he might have played a blinder tbh. His pissing and moaning about that last penalty might have affected the referee not giving this one, if that's the case then he's done his job.

I'd love to see this one come back and bite him on the arse again with us getting an even worse decision and I'd expect Stubbs to crank it up a notch in advance of the next game.

From our point of view though Houston is a helmet who is best ignored.

confused
18-01-2016, 08:07 AM
Houston's job is to win points for Falkirk, not win friends amongst the Hibs support.

I think he might have played a blinder tbh. His pissing and moaning about that last penalty might have affected the referee not giving this one, if that's the case then he's done his job.

I'd love to see this one come back and bite him on the arse again with us getting an even worse decision and I'd expect Stubbs to crank it up a notch in advance of the next game.

I could not agree more , the poor man is ill and as such should be pitied ,and not mocked, I can only hope that he gets a long break away from the pressure of football ,and makes a complete recovery.

CorrieHibs
18-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Falkirk manager Peter Houston has declared Rangers the best team in the Championship after the chances of his side and those of Hibernian were damaged by their 1-1 draw on Sunday.(The Scotsman)

Get this statement all over the dressing room walls. What a welt! This guy is loving his airtime right now.

Soon as we're out this division the better. We'll not be hearing from him again for a long time.

GreenArmyyy!
18-01-2016, 11:44 AM
He is a sad, desperate nobody looking to get any advantage possible. Horrible man, I feel sorry for people that have to be in his company at any point.

Bracksy
18-01-2016, 11:52 AM

all anyone needs to know. need we say more than this.

allezsauzee
18-01-2016, 11:53 AM
My only concern is that some of the referees have these comments at the back of their mind when they are making a split second decision. Otherwise i couldn't care less about Houston he's a welt.

givescotlandfreedom
18-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Houston needs a ride

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2016, 12:00 PM
The media will see straight though this and challenge him on it. He’s been banging on about a penalty but then when a stonewaller is missed he denies it happened and calls a player a cheat.

He loses all credibility – the correct answer would’ve been “not seen it again” or “it looks like a pen, sometimes you get them sometimes you don’t”.

He's an absolute welt.

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2016, 12:06 PM

From our point of view though Houston is a helmet who is best ignored.If any referee is basing their decisions on what Peter Houston says they should be out of a job.

GreenArmyyy!
18-01-2016, 12:08 PM
Managers and players alike are reprimanded for discrediting referees and their decisions. Surely the same should go for managers doing the same to opposition players?

Argylehibby
18-01-2016, 12:16 PM
The media will see straight though this and challenge him on it. He’s been banging on about a penalty but then when a stonewaller is missed he denies it happened and calls a player a cheat.

He's an absolute welt.

Will they? Even if they do will they challenge it? I think Hibs need to make a statement and call it as it is. Something like this but hopefully better! "We are disappointed to hear the comments from the Falkirk manager about our player John McGinn after the game on Sunday. Everyone who has seen this incident can see that it was a penalty and we can only assume from the lack of a retraction that Mr. H has not seen it again. We respect the fact that he needs to do his best for FFC however if this is an attempt to influence referees in our remaining games we would respectfully suggest that the referees in Scotland are not that naive."

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Will they? Even if they do will they challenge it? I think Hibs need to make a statement and call it as it is. Something like this but hopefully better! "We are disappointed to hear the comments from the Falkirk manager about our player John McGinn after the game on Sunday. Everyone who has seen this incident can see that it was a penalty and we can only assume from the lack of a retraction that Mr. H has not seen it again. We respect the fact that he needs to do his best for FFC however if this is an attempt to influence referees in our remaining games we would respectfully suggest that the referees in Scotland are not that naive."

Good statement.

I should have said "should" instead of "will"!

Onion
18-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Apart from the McGinn statements, which are deplorable, Houston's ridiculous comments about The Rangers now going on to win the Championship are beyond contempt. They smack of someone who's delighted to have prevented Hibs challenge for the title, and declared that it is now a 1 horse race - far too prematurely. His comments are an insult to the game and to his profession, and we can only hope that Stubbs uses them to fire Hibs up for the rest of the season.

What's for sure, Falkirk will feel the wrath next time we play them.

cabbageandribs1875
18-01-2016, 12:35 PM
My only concern is that some of the referees have these comments at the back of their mind when they are making a split second decision. Otherwise i couldn't care less about Houston he's a welt.

as much as we get on the backs of referees i'm sure they probably watch live games and highlights just like football fans, even if just to watch how other referees perform, i'm confident any referee that saw this incident yesterday will agree it should have been given

but then again...

Jim44
18-01-2016, 12:40 PM
Apart from the McGinn statements, which are deplorable, Houston's ridiculous comments about The Rangers now going on to win the Championship are beyond contempt. They smack of someone who's delighted to have prevented Hibs challenge for the title, and declared that it is now a 1 horse race - far too prematurely. His comments are an insult to the game and to his profession, and we can only hope that Stubbs uses them to fire Hibs up for the rest of the season.

What's for sure, Falkirk will feel the wrath next time we play them.

Victor has publicly conceded defeat. If he is stupid enough to do that at this stage of the season, he is stupid and devious enough to try to manipulate results in future matches. What are his own club's supporters saying to this? If I were a Falkirk supporter, I would have him strung up to the nearest tree.

Geo_1875
18-01-2016, 12:48 PM
Victor has publicly conceded defeat. If he is stupid enough to do that at this stage of the season, he is stupid and devious enough to try to manipulate results in future matches. What are his own club's supporters saying to this? If I were a Falkirk supporter, I would have him strung up to the nearest tree.

Instead they extend his contract. They're obviously happy to have a manager who goes out not to lose games at home. **** him and **** them.

Smartie
18-01-2016, 12:50 PM
If any referee is basing their decisions on what Peter Houston says they should be out of a job.

They are making split-second decisions and will be influenced by many factors. The roar of the crowd, the theatrical reaction (or not) of the player, or even the reputation of the player and whether or not he is likely to go down easily.

It is incredibly naive to think that there might not be a small link between comments in the press and a referee's decision, especially one like this. McGinn WAS lucky to get the penalty in the first game, Houston hasn't stopped going on about it and McGinn WAS denied a stonewaller yesterday.

I agree with the premise of your statement but it isn't as black and white as that.

snooky
18-01-2016, 12:54 PM

"Go ahead..."

"Aw..."

"Eh Houston, you are the problem" :idiot:

Smartie
18-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Falkirk manager Peter Houston has declared Rangers the best team in the Championship after the chances of his side and those of Hibernian were damaged by their 1-1 draw on Sunday.(The Scotsman)

Get this statement all over the dressing room walls. What a welt! This guy is loving his airtime right now.

Soon as we're out this division the better. We'll not be hearing from him again for a long time.

Again, he's only doing his job.

Der hun are at their worst when they are at their most complacent. He's the Falkirk manager, he needs to work in Falkirk's best interests, making Rangers think they can take their foot off the gas again is in Falkirk's interests.

Maybe it is an honest opinion that he has chosen to share with the press. Or maybe they are the mind-games of a washed-up third-rate Scottish Championship gaffer that thinks he's Jose Mourinho.

Either way, he's best off ignored and not worth getting het up about.

He is, after all, a helmet.

FranckSuzy
18-01-2016, 12:58 PM

:faf: :giruy2:

Billychaotic182
18-01-2016, 01:03 PM
So did he apologise?

Thecat23
18-01-2016, 01:05 PM

I actually thought the sponsor said 'Roasters'.

bruno
18-01-2016, 01:55 PM
PETER HOUSTON OFFERS APOLOGIES TO JOHN MCGINN
Falkirk FC manager, Peter Houston would today like to retract his comments made immediately after yesterday’s game regarding Hibernian FC midfielder, John McGinn.
Speaking to the Official Website, Peter Houston said: “After reviewing the footage of the incident in hindsight John, who is an extremely talented football player, had a strong case for a penalty and fair credit to the lad for attempting to play on. At the time of making the comments I hadn’t seen the footage properly, I’ve called Alan Stubbs this morning to apologise to John for the comments that were made.”

CentreLine
18-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Falkirk FC manager, Peter Houston would today like to retract his comments made immediately after yesterday’s game regarding Hibernian FC midfielder, John McGinn.
Speaking to the Official Website, Peter Houston said: “After reviewing the footage of the incident in hindsight John, who is an extremely talented football player, had a strong case for a penalty and fair credit to the lad for attempting to play on. At the time of making the comments I hadn’t seen the footage properly, I’ve called Alan Stubbs this morning to apologise to John for the comments that were made.”

Fair play. Matter should now be closed IMHO.

Jonnyboy
18-01-2016, 02:01 PM
I'm willing to bet that Hibs contacted the Falkrk Board to voice their displeasure and that Houston has been forced by his bosses to make the apology

JimBHibees
18-01-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm willing to bet that Hibs contacted the Falkrk Board to voice their displeasure and that Houston has been forced by his bosses to make the apology

I tend to think that is spot on.

Thecat23
18-01-2016, 02:03 PM

He's still a twat. No doubt forced to make this comment by Falkirk.

Kato
18-01-2016, 02:04 PM

Bet he had that giveaway "I'm a total and absolute roaster" look as he apologised, i.e. clenched teeth/everything.

JimBHibees
18-01-2016, 02:08 PM
He's still a twat. No doubt forced to make this comment by Falkirk.

Agree if anything the fact he has now apologised shows him as even more of a roaster for making the comments in the first place.

monktonharp
18-01-2016, 02:08 PM
all anyone needs to know. need we say more than this. I feel a good song coming on.....na na na na

Thecat23
18-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Agree if anything the fact he has now apologised shows him as even more of a roaster for making the comments in the first place.

Exactly. The man really needs to sort himself out! He hates Hibs with a passion, but at least be professional and respectful to clubs no matter who they are.

Stevie Reid
18-01-2016, 02:16 PM
I thoroughly dislike the guy but I'm happy with his apology - there's not much else he can do really.

Not getting the penalty hurt way more than what he had to say about it.

Geo_1875
18-01-2016, 02:18 PM
There's maybe a case for post-match interviews not to be held in the tunnel 5 minutes after the whistle is blown. Managers should be given time to cool down and possibly review contentious incidents before having a microphone stuck in their face in front of a national audience.

snooky
18-01-2016, 02:23 PM

:agree: Yep. End of.

s.a.m
18-01-2016, 02:26 PM
There's maybe a case for post-match interviews not to be held in the tunnel 5 minutes after the whistle is blown. Managers should be given time to cool down and possibly review contentious incidents before having a microphone stuck in their face in front of a national audience.

I agree. Interviewing someone whose head is about to explode with outrage makes for colourful telly, but it's not useful or fair. Having said that, Houston should be mature and intelligent enough to avoid making accusations against other football professionals when he hasn't had a chance to look at the incident...

Kato
18-01-2016, 02:44 PM
If a manager can't keep his head together enough in a post match interview without chucking contentious comments about they aren't very good at managing.

Geo_1875
18-01-2016, 02:50 PM
If a manager can't keep his head together enough in a post match interview without chucking contentious comments about they aren't very good at managing.

Like Mourinho and Ferguson?

Jim44
18-01-2016, 02:52 PM

Yes, this particular issue is now resolved. However, Houston still remains a tw*t of the first order.

Lago
18-01-2016, 02:53 PM
:top marks

CRAZYHIBBY
18-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Yup he's apologised. ..only sticking up for his side at the end of the day. ..case closed

greenlex
18-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Let's face it he knew what he was doing. As it's been pointed out Hibs will have no doubt been in touch with Falkirk about his comments. Irrespective if his retraction he has manged the seeds of doubt in future refs minds. Job done.

brog
18-01-2016, 03:15 PM

Quite possibly John, it was obvious that AS was extremely upset re the comments but unlike Houston he chose his words carefully. Anyway, regardless of the motivation he's apologised & I give him grudging respect for that.

Kato
18-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Like Mourinho and Ferguson?

Those two were experts at aiming and timing their barbs I doubt what they said was ever hot-headed and was in fact carefully measured - Houston is merely lashing out at a Hibs player and has been made to look like a tool.

Hibby70
18-01-2016, 03:27 PM

I just laughed out loud on the train. Cheers for making me look like a numpty.

iwasthere1972
18-01-2016, 03:35 PM

Maybe he should have had a look at the footage before coming out in public and slating McGinn for diving and insisting that it was not a penalty.

He can stick his apology where the sun don't shine. He has some agenda with Hibs and always does his best to wind us up after each and every game we have with Falkirk.

Stick it. :giruy2:

lord bunberry
18-01-2016, 03:38 PM
He's apologised and that's the matter done with, however he's still an utter tool and I hope we give his team a hiding in the next game.

Onion
18-01-2016, 03:44 PM

Reads like a spoof apology written by someone in Hibs.net, with their tounge in their cheek. Hollow words from one of the most despicable men in football.

The authorities should now hammer Houston for questioning the referees decision

iwasthere1972
18-01-2016, 04:10 PM
He could take a leaf out my book. I never once when returning home from a hard day's work in the office, accuse 'er indoors of sitting on her bum all day and not doing the chores until I had checked the home CCTV. :wink:

He's a roaster.

Dan Sarf
18-01-2016, 04:14 PM

May I also retract my comments made immediately after Peter Huston's post match interview? At the time of making the comments I had seen the footage properly and so should have been far more abusive than just describing Peter Houston as a sneaky, charmless old fud.

Onion
18-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Now that even the Obnoxious Houston has accepted it was a stonewall pen, when will we get Beaton's apology ?

Onion
18-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Quite possibly John, it was obvious that AS was extremely upset re the comments but unlike Houston he chose his words carefully. Anyway, regardless of the motivation he's apologised & I give him grudging respect for that.

You're overly generous. Houston will have been told by the Falkirk Board to apologise as his comments made his club look ridiculous. Unless Houston said these words on camera, should just assume they were drafted by a wee PR lassie and signed off by someone else.

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Yes, I know passions get aroused, but I'm going to swim against the tide and say 'good on Peter Houston.' It would have been easy to shrug it off and ignore it until the heat -such as it is- died down. But whatever his motives, I'm going to charitable and say Houston showed a bit of class, apologising both publicly, and privately to Hibs through Stubbs.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Yes, I know passions get aroused, but I'm going to swim against the tide and say 'good on Peter Houston.' It would have been easy to shrug it off and ignore it until the heat -such as it is- died down. But whatever his motives, I'm going to charitable and say Houston showed a bit of class, apologising both publicly, and privately to Hibs through Stubbs.

Obviously like yourself Bob, i'm never wrong. So to admit that you have made a right ricket like he has, would i'd imagine take a lot of guts to do.

As i said though, i'm only guessing?

Smartie
18-01-2016, 05:06 PM

I agree.

Fair play to him, matter closed.

I'd still love it if we got an eye-wateringly bad one to pip them to the title though (whilst The Rangers are docked 25 points and fail to make the play-offs).

Pete
18-01-2016, 05:09 PM
Fair do's. No hard feelings. :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
18-01-2016, 05:13 PM
I agree.

Fair play to him, matter closed.

I'd still love it if we got an eye-wateringly bad one to pip them to the title though (whilst The Rangers are docked 25 points and fail to make the play-offs).

Far from it.. This welt Houston with his post match comments has planted a seed in every refs mind that John McGinn likes to fall over when he's in the box..

Smartie
18-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Far from it.. This welt Houston with his post match comments has planted a seed in every refs mind that John McGinn likes to fall over when he's in the box..

And the reality has planted a seed in their minds that he might just be an honest player who tries to stay on his feet even when he'd been fouled in the box.

What happens when he goes down under minimal impact in any future big game?

Sometimes you need to draw a line under things - Houston's done the decent thing, he's apologised.

Let's just let it go, we've got bigger things to worry about than this.

Franck Stanton
Hope Stubs told him to stick his apology and to think before opening his large mouth in future. Twat of a human being.

Sir David Gray
His comments yesterday were completely out of order, he's now realised that and been big enough to apologise.

Not much more he could have done once the comments had been made.

I just hope McGinn's reputation isn't tarnished over this.

Jack Hackett
18-01-2016, 05:21 PM

I have no doubt that referees watch games on tv/browse the internet/read newspapers. Beaton, and probably every other ref, will be well aware that he made a right mess of the incident and will be following the story closely. They will not have failed to notice, and it was commented on at the time, that McGinn tried to stay on his feet and was up immediately. Add to this Houstons very public apology, whether forced or not, and any seeds that have been planted will be positive ones from JMcG perspective imo

JJP
18-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Fair play to him for apologising to McGinn. Was the right thing to do.

Killiehibbie
18-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Houston needs a rideRide himself.

Libby Hibby
18-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Fair do's Peter Houston, anyone can act like an arse, not many will apologise for it.

Eyrie
18-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Houston hasn't apologised - he's just been told by his board that a PR fluff piece will be issued in his name and he'd better back it up by phoning Stubbs. For proof, the wording is too articulate for someone who struggles with the mental effort of grunting twice.

Golden Bear
18-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Houston, I still have a problem.

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2016, 08:35 PM
The guy always sticks the boot in after a game against Hibs, just because he is factually wrong this time and has likely been made to apologize doesn't mean he isn't still a massive ****er.

Bostonhibby
18-01-2016, 09:13 PM
He's a maroon balloon

greenlex
18-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Dempster: Oi Falkirk get you dick of a manager to apologise publicly
Falkirk: naw
Dempster: if you don't well take it further and get him and your club in soapy.
Falkirk: aye aw right.

PISTOL1875
18-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Peter Houston a fat Het7z welt who will NEVER miss the opportunity to plunge the knife into Hibs.. He has apologised and so what ?? Do you think it is heartfelt ??

If he had looked at the footage before passing comment then none of this would've been blown out of proportion like it has done.. The apology is fake and has only came about because he is looking like a fud and Falkirk are looking bad as well..

Any Hibs fan who is happy to accept and move on from him more or less implying John McGinn is a cheat needs to have a serious look at themselves..

Smartie
18-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Peter Houston a fat Het7z welt who will NEVER miss the opportunity to plunge the knife into Hibs.. He has apologised and so what ?? Do you think it is heartfelt ??

If he had looked at the footage before passing comment then none of this would've been blown out of proportion like it has done.. The apology is fake and has only came about because he is looking like a fud and Falkirk are looking bad as well..

Any Hibs fan who is happy to accept and move on from him more or less implying John McGinn is a cheat needs to have a serious look at themselves..

I'd rather not stoop to the level of the bitter wee fud.

We've got semi-finals, derbies, title challenges and impressive signings to concern ourselves with, I've not got enough ****s to give to be giving one about what that clown said before apologising about it when he realised he was wrong - whether he realised this for himself or was forced to realise by others.

If that means I need to take a serious look at myself then so be it.

eastterrace
18-01-2016, 09:38 PM
If you read it he never says it was a penalty he says John had a strong case for one so he kinda admitted it. Big hearts twat

PISTOL1875
18-01-2016, 09:39 PM
I'd rather not stoop to the level of the bitter wee fud.

We've got semi-finals, derbies, title challenges and impressive signings to concern ourselves with, I've not got enough f***ks to give to be giving one about what that clown said before apologising about it when he realised he was wrong - whether he realised this for himself or was forced to realise by others.

If that means I need to take a serious look at myself then so be it.

That last line sums up everything tha'ts wrong with the Hibs support and wholely as a club.. Instead of dealing with this welt , we roll over accept the pitiful apology and are quite happy for us to be pissed on again...

Smartie
18-01-2016, 09:40 PM
That last line sums up everything tha'ts wrong with the Hibs support and wholely as a club.. Instead of dealing with this welt , we roll over accept the pitiful apology and are quite happy for us to be pissed on again...

What do you suggest we do about it?

PISTOL1875
18-01-2016, 09:43 PM
What do you suggest we do about it?

The board should make a statement saying that Hibs as a club are not happy about his comments and take great offence to the fact that without looking at video footage , comments were made implying that JMcG cheated..

The board surely have now learnt that the silence after the fans treatment at Ibrox at Xmas was a mistake and they have to act...

Smartie
18-01-2016, 10:02 PM
The board should make a statement saying that Hibs as a club are not happy about his comments and take great offence to the fact that without looking at video footage , comments were made implying that JMcG cheated..

The board surely have now learnt that the silence after the fans treatment at Ibrox at Xmas was a mistake and they have to act...

I agree with you 100% about Ibrox. All clubs should be making a fuss about the treatment away fans receive at Ibrox.

There's only so much I want to hear from Hibs getting involved in public spats though. I suspect words were had behind the scenes that helped bring about today's apology and I think that quietly is quite a good way for us to go about most of our business.

Managers are entitled to have a whine and moan when things go against them, as it was for Houston after the previous match. He was out of order and totally overstepped the mark on Sunday though and it was right that he apologise for it. If the authorities want to take it up with him then I think that is reasonable, I just don't think it helps our cause for us to keep banging on about it now that the game is over.

Put it this way - if there was anyone today that could have been helping advance the Stokes deal that was wasting their time spending much time with this then I'd be annoyed.

PISTOL1875
18-01-2016, 10:15 PM
I agree with you 100% about Ibrox. All clubs should be making a fuss about the treatment away fans receive at Ibrox.

There's only so much I want to hear from Hibs getting involved in public spats though. I suspect words were had behind the scenes that helped bring about today's apology and I think that quietly is quite a good way for us to go about most of our business.

Managers are entitled to have a whine and moan when things go against them, as it was for Houston after the previous match. He was out of order and totally overstepped the mark on Sunday though and it was right that he apologise for it. If the authorities want to take it up with him then I think that is reasonable, I just don't think it helps our cause for us to keep banging on about it now that the game is over.

Put it this way - if there was anyone today that could have been helping advance the Stokes deal that was wasting their time spending much time with this then I'd be annoyed.

You are missing the point though , I agree that managers are entitled to have a moan when things go against them , BUT in this instance it didn't go against Falkirk did it ?? Falkirk were the ones who weren't denied a penalty were they ???

Houston's comments were out of order and the club should highlight it in the public domain.. if this had been over the road then Miss Budge would've been all over this like a rash..

Smartie
18-01-2016, 10:25 PM
You are missing the point though , I agree that managers are entitled to have a moan when things go against them , BUT in this instance it didn't go against Falkirk did it ?? Falkirk were the ones who weren't denied a penalty were they ???

Houston's comments were out of order and the club should highlight it in the public domain.. if this had been over the road then Miss Budge would've been all over this like a rash..

I meant after the previous game. We've heard a lot from Houston over the past few months but nothing that was unacceptable until yesterday - when he was totally out of order.

We'll need to agree to disagree - you would like Hibs to make more of this and pursue a public spat over this - I'm happy to see it all die down, I don't know what we have to gain.

I'm not sure I agree with the all that is wrong with the "Hibs as a support and wholly as a club" line either. I think Hibs are doing infinitely better as a support and as a club than we have for years.

But, as I say, I get the feeling we're going to need to agree to disagree on this one.

PISTOL1875
18-01-2016, 10:37 PM
I meant after the previous game. We've heard a lot from Houston over the past few months but nothing that was unacceptable until yesterday - when he was totally out of order.

We'll need to agree to disagree - you would like Hibs to make more of this and pursue a public spat over this - I'm happy to see it all die down, I don't know what we have to gain.

I'm not sure I agree with the all that is wrong with the "Hibs as a support and wholly as a club" line either. I think Hibs are doing infinitely better as a support and as a club than we have for years.

But, as I say, I get the feeling we're going to need to agree to disagree on this one.

Hibs for as long as I can remember to have their tummies tickled and just accept all the crap that's been thrown at them..

This , however is a chance to show the fans that the mentality of the club and more importantly the board have changed.. The failure to make a statement after Ibrox was a mistake and hopefully they have learned from that.. A release in the press saying that the club are unhappy with PH's comments will show people that the club are serious and will not be pushed about...

Not In The Know
18-01-2016, 10:38 PM
Has Houston not got a suspended punishment for criticising refs / after match comments hanging over him? I think he's just covering his Jambo arse.

HoboHarry
19-01-2016, 12:47 AM
Houston needs a ride

So do I.

😜

SteveHFC
19-01-2016, 12:51 AM
So do I.

So do i. :duck:

mjhibby
19-01-2016, 03:04 AM
While his apology is totally the right thing to do he should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute. Imagine As had said waghorn was a diver. He'd have been cited before the hibs bus was back at er. He is a 100% dick and a loathsome character who actually has done a really good job at Falkirk but spoils it with his totally unacceptable behaviour. God knows how As keeps his cool beside that clown. It was so blatant a penalty as to be ridiculous it wasn't given.

PISTOL1875
19-01-2016, 12:57 PM
While his apology is totally the right thing to do he should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute. Imagine As had said waghorn was a diver. He'd have been cited before the hibs bus was back at er. He is a 100% dick and a loathsome character who actually has done a really good job at Falkirk but spoils it with his totally unacceptable behaviour. God knows how As keeps his cool beside that clown. It was so blatant a penalty as to be ridiculous it wasn't given.

Of course he should be and Hibs should be pushing that matter..

hibees 7062
19-01-2016, 01:09 PM
So do i. :duck:
http://www.brite-tech.com/lin/images/hooker-logo.gif

maturehibby
19-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Why nothing from the PFA -they should instigate action from the SPL to investigate Houstons claims/comments

Baader
19-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Twat of the highest order. Why, if he admittedly "hadn't seen the footage properly," did he maintain it was definitely not a penalty and voice an opinion on McGinn going down easily? This guy is a complete joke.

Deansy
19-01-2016, 10:23 PM
The prick made his statement on live-tv - now let the prick RETRACT\APOLOGISE on live-tv !!

HappyHibby93
19-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Twat of the highest order. Why, if he admittedly "hadn't seen the footage properly," did he maintain it was definitely not a penalty and voice an opinion on McGinn going down easily? This guy is a complete joke.

This. :agree:

Absolutely spot on.....

:flag:

GreenLake
19-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Houston is a blowhard. Beaton is incompetent.

jacomo
20-01-2016, 11:18 AM

Brilliant.

'You're getting nothing from me, Houston!'

HappyHanlon
20-01-2016, 11:42 AM
The guy hates us so the apology means nowt IMO.

The same guy who claimed he didn't know why Skacel chose 51 at Dundee Utd.

Fud then, fud now

jacomo
20-01-2016, 04:30 PM
The guy hates us so the apology means nowt IMO.

The same guy who claimed he didn't know why Skacel chose 51 at Dundee Utd.

Fud then, fud now

That has to be one of the most pathetic ideas ever put into action at a club, made worse by the pathetic denial by the manager. At least own up to your silly wee snarks, pal.

As for Dundee Utd, why didn't someone question it? Their new signing wanted an unusual shirt number which referenced a score line in a game he played for a rival club? F*** off.

Clearly, playing against Hibs was the pinnacle of that guy's career.

Deansy
20-01-2016, 04:34 PM

He made his 'statement' (Dig) right after they showed him a replay of the penalty, smug git was smiling - he knew what he was doing !

Stevie Reid
21-01-2016, 12:14 PM
St. Johnstone contact Falkirk about a pre-contract for Blair Alston. Wonder if a deal may be done to take him now (though can't really see Saints spending the money): -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35372388

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35372388)

O'Rourke3
21-01-2016, 01:25 PM
St. Johnstone contact Falkirk about a pre-contract for Blair Alston. Wonder if a deal may be done to take him now (though can't really see Saints spending the money): -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35372388

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35372388)
Using the money from the O'Halloran deal. Can you still get the deosit back from juice bottles?

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Jack Hackett
21-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Using the money from the O'Halloran deal. Can you still get the deosit back from juice bottles?

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Sadly, no http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-33985022 :boo hoo:

Cod Boy
21-01-2016, 09:13 PM
I think Alston would be cup tied even if he did sign before next Saturday.

Stevie Reid
21-01-2016, 09:40 PM

Good point! Though I was more thinking about Falkirk being weakened in the league.

Cod Boy
21-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Good point! Though I was more thinking about Falkirk being weakened in the league.

Also a good point sell him lol

Sir David Gray
21-01-2016, 09:53 PM

Alston would indeed be cup tied if he moves to St Johnstone this season.