PDA

View Full Version : Classy Rangers/Sevco unsettling St johnstone's O Halloran.

doddsy
17-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Noted Rangers/Sevco are showing their class when doing their usual unsettling of a player at another club. First put in a derisory offer, up it a bit then through the unbiased media ahem cough splutter state they will not be held to ransom. What a classy club eh. Their usual how dare that club not sell to us ra peepul, how dare they not sell to us for a nominal fee whit we decide. The St Johnstone fans are getting a taste of the Rangers/Sevco class in how to do buisness, sell tae us or we'll unsettle your player. Reminder of the Scott Allen scenario.

Struth must be spinning in his grave at how these classless peepul are going about their bully boy tactics. Hope St Johnstone don't give in.

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 09:59 PM
They should stay 'classy', he's a threat to us - hope they continue to unsettle him. We've a final to get to.

Don't ever expect The Rangers to be classy - will never happen.

Pretty Boy
17-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Be quite amusing to see Rangers with Liam Kelly on their bench and Rob Kiernan and Michael O'Halloran starting for them.

Bill Struth will be turning in his grave.

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Be quite amusing to see Rangers with Liam Kelly on their bench and Rob Kiernan and Michael O'Halloran starting for them.

Bill Struth will be turning in his grave.

If they actually 'knew their history' then they'd acknowledge that when the four founders formed them there was Catholics up until the 30's PB - sadly none of them dare look at their history (old club)

doddsy
17-01-2016, 10:03 PM
They should stay 'classy', he's a threat to us - hope they continue to unsettle him. We've a final to get to.

Don't ever expect The Rangers to be classy - will never happen.

I'd rather we did'nt get to any final if it meant hoping Rangers unsettle a player of another club, that's never been the Hibs way.

Mikey09
17-01-2016, 10:04 PM
I gather with his omission from there squad yesterday he has told St Johnstone he wants to go. But you're right with the way those tools act when it comes to buying players. They have no morals whatsoever.

JJP
17-01-2016, 10:05 PM
****my club. The ****miest.

doddsy
17-01-2016, 10:08 PM
I gather with his omission from there squad yesterday he has told St Johnstone he wants to go. But you're right with the way those tools act when it comes to buying players. They have no morals whatsoever.

:thumbsup:

Spot on.

greenlex
17-01-2016, 10:11 PM
Does O'Halloran still have a relative at Celtic?

PISTOL1875
17-01-2016, 10:13 PM
If they actually 'knew their history' then they'd acknowledge that when the four founders formed them there was Catholics up until the 30's PB - sadly none of them dare look at their history (old club)

Exactly.. The brothers Moses (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_McNeil) and Peter McNeil (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_McNeil) were catholics..

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 10:13 PM
I'd rather we did'nt get to any final if it meant hoping Rangers unsettle a player of another club, that's never been the Hibs way.

Doddsy, I want Hibs to make the final - the moral high ground argument is for others - if Saints are weaker, superb !

doddsy
17-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Doddsy, I want Hibs to make the final - the moral high ground argument is for others - if Saints are weaker, superb !

The moral high ground is for everyone to take. I understand you're a diehard hibby like me and we all have our own opinions, mine is that I would not thank anyone for unsettling another player of another team even if it weakened the team we next played against. No thank you. The Scottish game needs morals and cleaned up at all levels. i sympathise with St Johstone who are being bullied by Rangers/Sevco and some media into selling one of their best players at a price they think is below market value. No thank you, that is my opinion. Buisness by clubs should be respectful and not done through the media of which I think is corrupt.

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2016, 09:16 AM
What kind of lunacy us this?

Off to the rugby with you...

Wilson
18-01-2016, 09:36 AM

Agree. It should always be about the players we have and the performances we put in. I want our team to achieve without fear of any club or their players. We've got decent players and we've beaten decent teams. We'll get to the final if we're good enough. Rangers can GTF.

brog
18-01-2016, 09:43 AM
They've done exactly the same with Diagouraga at Brentford. Mind you, having watched him on Friday night I hope they waste money on him. 19 appearances this season, 0 goals, 0 assists but 6 yellow cards. He must be their replacement for Scotty! :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
18-01-2016, 09:45 AM
They've done exactly the same with the boy at Brentford too. Poor bid put in - rejected - player puts in transfer request which is turned down. Looks like they are gonna get both players tho. They really are a disgusting club. But it is rather funny seeing them scramble arounf with £150k offers yet still think they're a massive club.

erin go bragh
18-01-2016, 10:06 AM

One of the Orcs was texting me saying O'Hallaron was at Ipox on Sat ( for talks ) horrible ****my club .

GGTTH

Spike Mandela
18-01-2016, 10:26 AM
St Johnstone are a well run club with good financial probity. I am certain they won't sell to Sevco unless they get a deal they are happy with and assurances of money upfront.

Lago
18-01-2016, 10:36 AM
I keep reading on here that rangers are broke, yet they are still managing to find money to buy players. Something doesnt add up.

Dan Sarf
18-01-2016, 10:37 AM
I keep reading on here that rangers are broke, yet they are still managing to find money to buy players. Something doesnt add up.

Their accounts?

jacomo
18-01-2016, 10:39 AM
They've done exactly the same with the boy at Brentford too. Poor bid put in - rejected - player puts in transfer request which is turned down. Looks like they are gonna get both players tho. They really are a disgusting club. But it is rather funny seeing them scramble arounf with £150k offers yet still think they're a massive club.

Not very respectful are they?

Lago
18-01-2016, 10:39 AM
:greengrin
Their accounts?

brog
18-01-2016, 03:22 PM
St Johnstone are a well run club with good financial probity. I am certain they won't sell to Sevco unless they get a deal they are happy with and assurances of money upfront.

They are but I'm not sure the current Chairman is as strong a person as his Dad, the previous Chairman Geoff Brown. If I was them I would want every penny up front & nothing would be signed until the cheque had cleared!

ancient hibee
18-01-2016, 06:25 PM
The moral high ground is for everyone to take. I understand you're a diehard hibby like me and we all have our own opinions, mine is that I would not thank anyone for unsettling another player of another team even if it weakened the team we next played against. No thank you. The Scottish game needs morals and cleaned up at all levels. i sympathise with St Johstone who are being bullied by Rangers/Sevco and some media into selling one of their best players at a price they think is below market value. No thank you, that is my opinion. Buisness by clubs should be respectful and not done through the media of which I think is corrupt.

Do you really think Thomson didn't know he was coming here when he told Dundee he couldn't play anymore?

magpie1892
18-01-2016, 10:13 PM
5088 have done another 'Scott Allan'.

First bid: £122,000
Second bid: £150,000 (reverts to bid one if promotion not achieved)

Third communication from hunbox: '£200,000, and that's it' ('we will not be held to ransom'?)

St Johnstone: we want £500,000 for the player (plus a couple of your duds - plenty to choose from..?)

The difference between £200,000 and £500,000 is, as any fule no, £300,000 - a mere 1% of the 'over investment' trumpeted by the potless King? Surely time to ante up, Dave. I may not have a wine cellar, but I reckon I've more in my 1983 Post Office book than you have in liquid assets.

monktonharp
18-01-2016, 11:00 PM
do the books add up, at Mc Dermott Park?. they are living on low attendances, if you look at that. currently 3 clubs in that league that will give them a fairly decent away fans boost. ?

chinaman
19-01-2016, 07:02 AM
Nothing the vile hun does shocks me anymore,
Scotlands cowardly media will never slag them off. Bigots together,forever.

Greenworld
19-01-2016, 07:19 AM
do the books add up, at Mc Dermott Park?. they are living on low attendances, if you look at that. currently 3 clubs in that league that will give them a fairly decent away fans boost. ?
I fairly sure I read they run debt free the have a been run well for years

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Moulin Yarns
19-01-2016, 07:57 AM

Lots of additional income at McDiarmid Park. The lights are on at the artificial pitch most nights. Circus at leas a couple of times a year, Jehovah Witness gathering each year, car boot sale ever week, conferences and funeral teas. All compensate for the low crowds.

Nutmegged
19-01-2016, 08:02 AM

This is a very Hibs like response and one I believe that has saw the horrible neighbours lord it over us, its high time we start taking any advantage we find ourselves with, as long as its not Hibs acting the way Rangers do then all we can do is take advantage when sutuations come our way, you can bet your Ass St Johnstone would have no hessitation in doing us over if roles were reversed.

I can't help but feel all this faux-morality is misplaced.

lucky
19-01-2016, 08:08 AM
This is a win win for Hibs. Saints best player unsettled and Rangers unable to buy a decent player. The longer this goes on the better. Hibs are not in a position to care whether St Johnston are treated poorly, we've a cup final to get to and promotion to achieve. I could not care if that means both teams end up with smallpox and suffer.

doddsy
19-01-2016, 09:44 AM
This is a very Hibs like response and one I believe that has saw the horrible neighbours lord it over us, its high time we start taking any advantage we find ourselves with, as long as its not Hibs acting the way Rangers do then all we can do is take advantage when sutuations come our way, you can bet your Ass St Johnstone would have no hessitation in doing us over if roles were reversed.

I can't help but feel all this faux-morality is misplaced.

As I said everyone is entitled to their opinion. I really appreciate the Hibs way in that we have a moral high ground. I like the way we do buisness with a normal quiet dignity and respectful approach. It sets the benchmark. I would HATE for us to have a 'no-one likes us we don't care' mentality like Sevco 5088. We should care that other clubs with a normal honest reputation and I put St Johnstone in that bracket are not hounded by Sevco and their friends in the Media to blag their best players at a pittance. Look at the bigger picture.