PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings v Falkirk

KWJ
17-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Oxley - 7. No chance with goal but dealt with everything else well and was always looking to distribute quickly which lead to at least 1 good opportunity.

Stevenson - 6. Well involved and did more right than wrong but still gave it away a lot.

Hanlon - 6. Solid at the back but too many slack passes.

Fontaine - 6. Similar to Hanlon and could maybe have done a bit better at the goal.

McGregor - 8. MotM for me. Decent going forward and at the back, great hit that led to goal.

Fyvie - 6. Never hid and done some good things but a fair few errors too.

McGeouch - 7. Like fyvie, but made more happen although not enough. All over the pitch.

Mcginn - 7. Bad first half, better 2nd and drew what shouldve been a pen. Want more from him though.

Keatings - 4. Poor performance and lucky to last as long as he did.

Malonga - 6. Not at his best.

Cummings - 7. Got the goal but shouldve had at least one more.
Subs

Henderson - 8. Made a big difference linking midfield to attack.

Dagnell - 7. Looked decent and brought Cummings into game. Showed urgency.

H18 SFR
17-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Keatings is a weird one, he struggled to make an impact today.

The guys sitting next to me suggested that he is unhappy as he wants to play as an out and out striker (please don't shoot the messenger).

LaMotta
17-01-2016, 08:18 PM

The guys sitting next to me suggested that he is unhappy as he wants to play as an out and out striker (please don't shoot the messenger).

He looked lost at ibrox and has been surprisingly poor since. Not good timing for him with the arrival of stokes and dagnall.

rcarter1
17-01-2016, 08:23 PM

He has openly admitted to his confidence being dented (Evening News last week I think?). For me, probably shouldn't be playing if we have other options. Hope he regains his vim however, as he has talent for sure.

SherbetFountain
17-01-2016, 08:27 PM
He looked lost at ibrox and has been surprisingly poor since. Not good timing for him with the arrival of stokes and dagnall.

Thought he was poor in the two home games prior to ibrox! Looks completely lost in that position - shouldn't be playing at the tip of the diamond!

KDY Hibs
17-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Mcgeouch was motm for me

marleyhib
17-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Mcgeough stood out, Keatings for the wrong reasons, thought Stevenson played well - did a great roadrunner impression to make a great tackle at one point. No one else deserved better than pass marks.

The Harp Awakes
17-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Yep, McGeouch MOM by a mile. The Falkirk players took turns booting him up and down the pitch all game. Great wee player.

Vault Boy
17-01-2016, 10:51 PM
McGeough, McGregor, Stevenson and Henderson all had good games IMO. Hibs in general improved at the latter part of the game but these 4 impressed me all the time they were on the pitch.

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 10:57 PM
Just wondering others thoughts (and I love big Dom) - we had equalised and made a sub, Dom hobbled off as if he was injured - for me, to get a psychological edge, and to show intent, you should be running off and showing you want to win the game - Dom's body language and time he took to leave the field annoyed me big time.

Maybe just me - but urgency needs to be entrenched at ER.

J-C
17-01-2016, 11:02 PM
Thought he was poor in the two home games prior to ibrox! Looks completely lost in that position - shouldn't be playing at the tip of the diamond!

You have to wonder why Stubbs has continued to play him out of position knowing that he's struggled there week in week out.

Boyle89
18-01-2016, 12:32 AM
Dylan oxley and Cummings pass marks. Everyone else was below par today. Too slow and slack passes. Keatings total passenger from the start should've been hooked earlier. Henderson did really well when he came on.

Johnny_Leith
18-01-2016, 05:53 AM

To be fair, he was very good against Dundee Utd, Saint Mirren away he scored a hattrick playing in that role. He has good movement and an eye for a pass, also a goal threat I see why he's being asked to play there however I've not been in Scotland since November so I can't comment on his recent form, stay on the bench required as a wee kick starter?

erin go bragh
18-01-2016, 09:24 AM
You have to wonder why Stubbs has continued to play him out of position knowing that he's struggled there week in week out.
He must be impressing Stubbs during the week at training . But on his last few showings he has been murder .

GGTTH