PDA

View Full Version : How do you think we would do if we met Falkirk in the playoffs?

GlasgowHibee
17-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Serious question, even though we are definitely still in with a shout of winning the league.

I personally think that Falkirk are a very organised yam-like unit, which is no surprise considering that muppet Houston is manager, and they would definitely fancy their chances against us.

We will definitely need our players to be on the very top of their games, unlike the past 2 occasions we've met.

Real tough one to call, hopefully they have a blip against the 4th place side and don't end up making it through to play us :D

Forthview
17-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Serious question, even though we are definitely still in with a shout of winning the league.

I personally think that Falkirk are a very organised yam-like unit, which is no surprise considering that muppet Houston is manager, and they would definitely fancy their chances against us.

We will definitely need our players to be on the very top of their games, unlike the past 2 occasions we've met.

Real tough one to call, hopefully they have a blip against the 4th place side and don't end up making it through to play us :D

I'd say today's game was a dress rehearsal for the 1st leg of the play off.
Just my realistic opinion.

erin go bragh
17-01-2016, 06:40 PM
Be tight but fancy us to win over two legs .

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
17-01-2016, 06:41 PM
The last 2 games suggest it would be a tough game that would go to the wire. I think that at the minute that's realistic.

Tbh I don't think Rangers would fancy playing them over 2 legs either.

CL0762
17-01-2016, 06:41 PM
They haven't beaten us this season despite being a goal up in 2 of the games.

I can't see them beating us in a play off.

Frankly, I'm still of the belief we can this league and won't be thinking about play offs until we cannot win the championship.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-01-2016, 06:48 PM
We would beat them.

Alex Trager
17-01-2016, 06:50 PM

Frankly, I'm still of the belief we can this league and won't be thinking about play offs until we cannot win the championship.

This 100%

oneone73
17-01-2016, 06:50 PM

This.

Ozyhibby
17-01-2016, 06:51 PM
We are a better team but I'd rather avoid the play offs as football is so unpredictable.
Vaulks is an excellent player and I hope someone make them an offer they can't refuse in the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2016, 06:51 PM

:agree: and they've had the benefit of us losing McGinn for 50 mins and a stonewall penalty denied as well.

Hibs Class
17-01-2016, 06:53 PM
They would start the 180 minutes with ten men behind the ball and would aim for penalties. They'd hit us on the break and maybe get lucky, if we manage to get a goal it would open up and we'd win comfortably. The longer we don't score the more likely they will.

familyman
17-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Well I tried to start a thread seems it has not happened,so here we go.If we turn up for 90minutes not the too familiar :flag: 45,we will win the play off against anyone..that is all simple really.
We have the players but do we have the mindset?

B.H.F.C
17-01-2016, 06:57 PM
We'd be absolutely fine if we got after them like we did in the last 20 minutes today.

Stevie Reid
17-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Who knows? We practically owned Rangers in the league last year but lost to them over two legs.

rcarter1
17-01-2016, 07:01 PM
If we have Stokes and he makes a big difference to our effectiveness, then I would be really confident. The current team I also believe could take these guys over two legs. My concern at the moment is we don't often start games well, and then only have a go toward the end. Two legs could be to our advantage. Title or no, I think we are in good shape to be promoted through the play offs, as the SPL team won't be world beaters.

H18 SFR
17-01-2016, 07:03 PM
I genuinely believe that it is as close to a 50/50 match as you will get. I don't think any team deserves to go into the matches as favourite.

jacomo
17-01-2016, 07:09 PM

:agree:

DH1875
17-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Given that it's over 2 legs we'd beat them.

JJP
17-01-2016, 07:13 PM
We would win. There is no alternative. This club can not spend another year out of the top league.

hfc rd
17-01-2016, 07:13 PM
If we have Stokes and he makes a big difference to our effectiveness, then I would be really confident. The current team I also believe could take these guys over two legs. My concern at the moment is we don't often start games well, and then only have a go toward the end. Two legs could be to our advantage. Title or no, I think we are in good shape to be promoted through the play offs, as the SPL team won't be world beaters.

I agree

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 07:16 PM
We'll beat them (and The Rangers) if we play with some width and intensity. Today we were at our best getting wide into the channels but with players supporting. Far too often first half Lewis and Darren got the ball on their flank and had no one outside them - the play continually came inside into traffic.

We need to use width and have players who are comfortable playing wide.

Jim44
17-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here. There will only be a Hibs Falkirk playoff tie if we get second place or if we or Falkirk manage to beat the fourth placed team and that's not guaranteed. So there are quite a few imponderables.

Pete
17-01-2016, 07:27 PM
I think we'd scrape through and actually find it easier against a Hamilton or Partick in the final.

GreenLake
17-01-2016, 07:31 PM
We could beat them twice but I doubt they could beat us once without a great deal of help from a ref.

Ronster117
17-01-2016, 07:33 PM
With AS adding to this very good squad, we would win easily over 2 legs.... But as we are going to win the league it's not going to matter:gwa:

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2016, 07:51 PM
To be honest I thought falkirk would beat us, said so much to a mate. IMO theres not enough tempo or urgency in our play, and that again IMO is why were not scoring enough so I would gues we would struggle against Falkirk over 2 games and heaven forbid if it came to penalties. W need to up our pace.

Hibby_G
17-01-2016, 08:54 PM
Dosent matter we will win the league :thumbsup::gwa::hibees:flag:

CRAZYHIBBY
17-01-2016, 08:57 PM
We would win

greenlex
17-01-2016, 08:58 PM
No reason to think we wouldn't win but let's not kid ourselves it would be easy. Tough two legs that could be an absolute lottery.

Hermit Crab
17-01-2016, 09:06 PM
With AS adding to this very good squad, we would win easily over 2 legs.... But as we are going to win the league it's not going to matter:gwa:

Its just a shame his team selection leaves a lot to be desired.

Ringothedog
17-01-2016, 09:11 PM
The last 4 games we have won 2 drawn 2 scored 6 and conceded 2, we would beat them in the playoffs but not going to happen,we will win league.

California-Hibs
17-01-2016, 09:53 PM
It's over 2 legs. We'd win.

Unseen work
17-01-2016, 10:00 PM
We are due them a hiding.

PatHead
17-01-2016, 10:04 PM
They haven't beaten us in 4 attempts. They are little more than a very organised, disciplined side who make it difficult for us to break them down.

munchar
17-01-2016, 10:18 PM

I think our best 11 will beat Falkirk & 2nd bottom SPL team comfortably over 2 games if we play well.

emerald green
17-01-2016, 10:22 PM
How many people thought Hibs would lose the final play-off against Hamilton Accies, especially going into the second leg 2-0 up? Who honestly thought Motherwell would beat The Rangers 6-1 over two legs last season? The play-offs are a lottery.

Who knows how teams will be still performing come May 2016, what players might be carrying injuries, and which team has the desire and winning mentality?

Hopefully, Hibs strength in depth of squad will give us the advantage over Falkirk, should it come to a play-off.

PatHead
17-01-2016, 10:26 PM
How many people thought Hibs would lose the final play-off against Hamilton Accies, especially going into the second leg 2-0 up? Who honestly thought Motherwell would beat The Rangers 6-1 over two legs last season? The play-offs are a lottery.

Who knows how teams will be still performing come May 2016, what players might be carrying injuries, and which team has the desire and winning mentality?

Hopefully, Hibs strength in depth of squad will give us the advantage over Falkirk, should it come to a play-off.

We will also have a Scottish Cup final around that time. :greengrin

emerald green
17-01-2016, 10:31 PM
We will also have a Scottish Cup final around that time. :greengrin

You just never know. :aok: But I would happily forego any cup final in exchange for Hibs beating the Ibrox club to the Championship. To me, that would be a far greater achievement.

PatHead
17-01-2016, 10:38 PM
You just never know. :aok: But I would happily forego any cup final in exchange for Hibs beating the Ibrox club to the Championship. To me, that would be a far greater achievement.
I'm greedy. I want both.

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 10:39 PM
I'm greedy. I want both.

Agreed - Hibs treble

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2016, 11:06 PM
Falkirk 0, Hibs 1. (Stokes)

Hibs 2, Falkirk 1. (Cummings, Hanlon)

(Agg 3-1)

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2016, 06:23 AM
I really think we'd win, haven't been impressed by them at all in the 3 games this season and their thin squad will be tired after so many games, especially if they finished 3rd and have to play 4th over 2 legs. Their tactic against us is head down pray we miss chances and they score their one chance, our 3-0 win there last season shows what happens if we take an early one.

3-1 on agg sounds about right, I'm more worried about the SPL team but we'd have a huge crowd and confidence on our side.

Onion
18-01-2016, 06:44 AM
All comes down to the players / team attitude and big refereeing decisions. Against the Bairns at ER, we were dominant and the much better side until McGinn got sent off. Yesterday, we were dominant in the last 30 mins when we had to raise our game and should have won it (pen & JC sitter).

A play off against Falkirk will be determined by Hibs attitude & performance, not Falkirk's - so who knows what the outcome would be.

iwasthere1972
18-01-2016, 08:10 AM
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here. There will only be a Hibs Falkirk playoff tie if we get second place or if we or Falkirk manage to beat the fourth placed team and that's not guaranteed. So there are quite a few imponderables.

I really can't see Falkirk beating us to second place, that's if we don't leapfrog the Rangers, especially with the imminent announcement regarding Stokes. We've struggled for most of the season to see off teams early on in games but this could be rectified with Stokes on board.

Hope Falkirk now go on a crappy run. They deserve it with that clown at the helm.