PDA

View Full Version : Penalties

KDY Hibs
17-01-2016, 05:51 PM
This season The rangers have been awarded 12 league penalties, the rest of the teams in the league has been awarded 16 combined. Incredible

Keith_M
17-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Just out of interest, how many are Hearts on so far?

Some teams seem to know how to persuade the Ref to get what they want.

easty
17-01-2016, 05:54 PM
How many of Rangers pens shouldn't have been pens?

Sammy7nil
17-01-2016, 05:56 PM

All of them imho of course :aok:

KDY Hibs
17-01-2016, 06:00 PM
Just out of interest, how many are Hearts on so far?

Some teams seem to know how to persuade the Ref to get what they want.

easty
17-01-2016, 06:02 PM
All of them imho of course :aok:

:greengrin good point

Joe6-2
17-01-2016, 06:29 PM
This season The rangers have been awarded 12 league penalties, the rest of the teams in the league has been awarded 16 combined. Incredible

I can't believe that, I am so surprised 🙄

HiBremian
17-01-2016, 06:31 PM
This season The rangers have been awarded 12 league penalties, the rest of the teams in the league has been awarded 16 combined. Inevitable

Fixed that for you :greengrin

churchie16
17-01-2016, 06:33 PM
If that was rangers tonight that's a pen incredible decision not to give it.

danhibees1875
17-01-2016, 06:48 PM

This.

We were unfortunate not to get one today. But rangers attack at pace and are just more likely to get a penalty. I think we got a lucky one v falkirk last time out, were fortunate not to concede ones against raith and rangers (Stevenson took someone's legs away early at ER ) in the subsequent 2 games.

Let's not look for excuses. Rangers are consistent and we don't kick into gear until it looks like we might not win a game.

Sir David Gray
17-01-2016, 06:54 PM
This.

We were unfortunate not to get one today. But rangers attack at pace and are just more likely to get a penalty. I think we got a lucky one v falkirk last time out, were fortunate not to concede ones against raith and rangers (Stevenson took someone's legs away early at ER ) in the subsequent 2 games.

Let's not look for excuses. Rangers are consistent and we don't kick into gear until it looks like we might not win a game.

I kind of get this but for almost half of the league's penalty awards, thus far, to have been awarded to one team is astonishing.

danhibees1875
17-01-2016, 06:57 PM
I kind of get this but for almost half of the league's penalty awards, thus far, to have been awarded to one team is astonishing.
Yeah, I get what you mean. But there is a real gulf in class between the top 3 and the rest of the league (the points don't lie) and rangers in particular must spend more time in the opposition box than any team (they score for fun most games).

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

brog
17-01-2016, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=danhibees1875;4550887]Yeah, I get what you mean. But there is a real gulf in class between the top 3 and the rest of the league (the points don't lie) and rangers in particular must spend more time in the opposition box than any team (they score for fun most games).

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk[/QUOT

You know, way back in the late 60's, IIRC, the OF went a whole season without conceding a pen in the league. The arguments advanced then were much the same as your's now. They then played about 8 European games & again IIRC they conceded about 6 pens! I'm not rubbishing your comments but trust me, no Scottish ref is ever going to get into trouble for awarding one of the uglies a pen! That is by far the biggest factor in the decision making process, albeit it may not be a conscious decision!

PatHead
17-01-2016, 07:51 PM
This.

The big difference is how many penalties have The Rangers been denied compared to all the other teams combined in the league? You have named one but I seem to remember early in the season we were getting denied one every week.

danhibees1875
17-01-2016, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=danhibees1875;4550887]Yeah, I get what you mean. But there is a real gulf in class between the top 3 and the rest of the league (the points don't lie) and rangers in particular must spend more time in the opposition box than any team (they score for fun most games).

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk[/QUOT

You know, way back in the late 60's, IIRC, the OF went a whole season without conceding a pen in the league. The arguments advanced then were much the same as your's now. They then played about 8 European games & again IIRC they conceded about 6 pens! I'm not rubbishing your comments but trust me, no Scottish ref is ever going to get into trouble for awarding one of the uglies a pen! That is by far the biggest factor in the decision making process, albeit it may not be a conscious decision!
Does that prove anything? Other than showing how superior teams win more penalties. Barca will win penalties against the OF who will in turn win penalties against Livingston.

What's our penalties ratio this year and last? I'd imagine we've got a lot more than we've conceded. (I can hardly remember ever conceding a penalty actually... )

danhibees1875
17-01-2016, 08:06 PM
The big difference is how many penalties have The Rangers been denied compared to all the other teams combined in the league? You have named one but I seem to remember early in the season we were getting denied one every week.
I've no idea tbh. Unless they're playing against us I have no idea what goes on in their games.

Captain Trips
17-01-2016, 08:07 PM
When did Rangers sign that guy with the double barrelled surname Martyn Waghorn Pen?

Nutmegged
18-01-2016, 12:50 AM
When did Rangers sign that guy with the double barrelled surname Martyn Waghorn Pen?

He's Kris Boyd Pen and Nacho Novo Pen's brother...long line of the Pen family have lined up at a team residing at Greyskull

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2016, 02:10 AM
This.

Let's not look for excuses. Rangers are consistent and we don't kick into gear until it looks like we might not win a game.We didn't, the incident before it was an absolute stonewaller. Even if all the Rangers penalties have been penalties it is still a joke because we've had plenty of clear pens not given. Boyle against Morton and McGinn today 2 obvious examples.

Callum_62
18-01-2016, 02:42 AM
[QUOTE=brog;4550998]
Does that prove anything? Other than showing how superior teams win more penalties. Barca will win penalties against the OF who will in turn win penalties against Livingston.

Barcelona had 7 penalties in La Liga in the whole of 14/15 season.

Rangers have had 12 in the league and we are halfway through the season

Ryan69
18-01-2016, 04:44 AM
[QUOTE=danhibees1875;4550864]This.

We were unfortunate not to get one today. But rangers attack at pace and are just more likely to get a penalty.

I can never buy into that smokescreen.
Why do teams like Man City,Bayern,Barca,Celtic etc etc not have nearly as many penalties then?

It's strange how many stonewallers we have not had...and soft penalties The Rangers have been given.

BoomtownHibees
18-01-2016, 05:57 AM

What's our penalties ratio this year and last? I'd imagine we've got a lot more than we've conceded. (I can hardly remember ever conceding a penalty actually... )

If that's true how come Dundee Utd are 2nd top for penalties in the Premiership?

Speedy
18-01-2016, 07:40 AM
Barcelona had 7 penalties in La Liga in the whole of 14/15 season.

Rangers have had 12 in the league and we are halfway through the season

I heard last week that Ronaldo has missed 7 penalties for Real Madrid but scored 64.

That's nuts.

matty_f
18-01-2016, 07:46 AM

:agree: Nobody is saying that The Rangers' penalties have not been merited (at least most of them), but how many times have they not got one that they should have?

The one at ER with Lewis was never a penalty. TV pictures showed the ref got that one right.

JimBHibees
18-01-2016, 02:05 PM
This.

Did you see the one Rangers got at Falkirk? Fathorn has been booked more than once for diving so they go down rather easily in the box and the refs are happy to oblige.

JimBHibees
18-01-2016, 02:06 PM

:not worth :agree:

brog
18-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Sevco currently have 11% more points than us & have been awarded 300% more penalties! Fact! :greengrin

Forza Fred
18-01-2016, 03:17 PM
Sevco currently have 11% more points than us & have been awarded 300% more penalties! Fact! :greengrin

Nearly half the population of Scotland/Australia is below average intelligence!

Fact!

Kato
18-01-2016, 03:22 PM
I remember in the 70's when Rangers (RIP) were the epitome of a defensive side, barely ever got into the oppositions' box but still managed to win more penalties than most.

The Rangers have no doubt inherited what Old School journos called "The Charisma", The Charisma showing that like giving them penalties more than they like getting their windows tanned in.