PDA

View Full Version : John Beaton

SouthMoroccoStu
17-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Would love to hear his reasoning for not giving the McGinn penalty

McGeouch got no protection at all today and I lost count at the amount of times a Falkirk player kicked the ball away in order to waste time

Another toothless refereeing performance that benefited the rangers

The SPFL at it's finest :rolleyes:

FromTheCapital
17-01-2016, 05:03 PM
A fat incompetent oaf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
17-01-2016, 05:05 PM

McGeouch got no protection at all today and I lost count at the amount of times a Falkirk player kicked the ball away in order to waste time

don't think there's much chance of that happening :greengrin

Sir David Gray
17-01-2016, 05:08 PM

You've got more chance of Barack Obama coming out and telling everyone about the latest intelligence the US has on Islamic State.

Scottie
17-01-2016, 05:09 PM

So would we all :grr:

S4uzee
17-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Rangers would've got that decision.

And when you compare it to the pen they got in the last min at Falkirk it's a joke

tamig
17-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Did we not get a penalty that never was last time there? Swings and roundabouts and all that.

Alfred E Newman
17-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Maybe got that one wrong but Beaton is by no means the worst ref in the country.

ACLeith
17-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Maybe got that one wrong but Beaton is by no means the worst ref in the country.

That's the saddest thing about this MB. Most would say he was one our better refs😮

givescotlandfreedom
17-01-2016, 05:22 PM
Did we not get a penalty that never was last time there? Swings and roundabouts and all that.

I posted on anothr thread there was a blatant push seconds before the incident where the penalty was given that night so don't feel like we got anything wrongly.
This is also the ref who gave Falkirk possession in the semi at Hampden to score the deciding goal.

Sergey
17-01-2016, 05:28 PM

Other than the penalty shout, I think the ref pretty much called every other decision correctly.

Hermit Crab
17-01-2016, 05:31 PM
I don't think it was a stonewall pen. Don't recall seeing many players claim for it. One of these that could have been given.

BoomtownHibees
17-01-2016, 05:33 PM
I don't think it was a stonewall pen. Don't recall seeing many players claim for it. One of these that could have been given.

You're at it

Stewboy
17-01-2016, 05:34 PM

Falkirk player few yards away put his hands on his head after the tackle.

HH81
17-01-2016, 05:38 PM

Not a stonewall pen? If that is not a pen then they may as well not bother with pens going forward. Watch it on tv.

wookie70
17-01-2016, 05:41 PM

I think it was one of those that is so obvious no-one feels the need to appeal The ref didn't have too many decisions to make. He made a few errors without much consequence but refs are judged on the big decisions. He got this one 100% wrong and there appeared to be nothing that could stop him making the right call barring complete incompetence or bias.

WeeRussell
17-01-2016, 05:51 PM

Don't you ever get bored of this?

Callum_62
17-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Falkirk player few yards away put his hands on his head after the tackle.

THIS

Will Vaulks reaction told its own story

flash
17-01-2016, 05:54 PM

Were you not huddled with the other 600 pointers discussing the evil empire that is HSL at the time?

PPZPOL
17-01-2016, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=Sergey;4550670]Other than the penalty shout, I think the ref pretty much called every other decision correctly.[/QUOTE

Some of the decisions given around the pitch these days are absolutely tragic. My problem is that these are given for very little, sometimes nothing, yet in the box in needs to be a GBH to get a penalty. The refs need to STOP blowing up for every single contact during the game outwith the box. It's killing the game. It takes some teams 20-30 seconds to take a free kick and the crowd just can't get going. If a few tackles are allowed to be made games will just flow better and the crowd can start to enjoy it.

Problem is that everyone has accepted this as normal and its not. Oh and by everyone I mean managers, commentators, co-commentators, players and now fans (listen to fans shout for ANYTHING now).

emerald green
17-01-2016, 06:03 PM

All the more reason why he should be getting these decisions correct.

Why do Hibs get so few of these decisions? If it had been Rangers I can't help thinking it would be given without hesitation.

hfc rd
17-01-2016, 06:04 PM

You must certainly be at it to think that wasn't a stonewall penalty. The Falkirk player virtually looks as if he has wrapped his legs round McGinn's to bring him down. Got hardly any of the ball and should have been a pen.

Albanian Hibs
17-01-2016, 06:16 PM

You must be joking? Surely?

O'Rourke3
17-01-2016, 06:24 PM

Already been said but there was clear penalty seconds before the McGinn incident. FWIW from end we were in at the game, it looked like a clear assault on McGinn as well.

If that's not a stonewall penalty then I don't know what is.

In his interview Alan said he'd discussed it with the ref and doesn't understand his decision. Presumably he let us play an advantage, that would have been an astounding reason....

Lago
17-01-2016, 06:25 PM
It was a penalty, but having watched MOTD last night some of the refereeing down south also leaves a lot to be desired. Not that makes hibs fans feel any better, just an observation.

Hermit Crab
17-01-2016, 06:26 PM
Were you not huddled with the other 600 pointers discussing the evil empire that is HSL at the time?

No, I was at the game showing loyalty.

HH81
17-01-2016, 06:27 PM

I'd have thought with the amount of loyalty you have you would have least have known what a pen was.

Hermit Crab
17-01-2016, 06:35 PM
I'd have thought with the amount of loyalty you have you would have least have known what a pen was.

Yeah well you had the benefit of replays. I seen it once, just like the ref. So based on that I didn't think it was a penalty but if I get to see it again I may change my mind.

HH81
17-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Yeah well you had the benefit of replays. I seen it once, just like the ref. So based on that I didn't think it was a penalty but if I get to see it again I may change my mind.

Oh you will change your mind.

snooky
17-01-2016, 06:39 PM

Now that's something that I find very hard to believe - said :fibber:

Greenworld
17-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Other than the penalty shout, I think the ref pretty much called every other decision correctly.
Thats why your a total fanny credibility out the windy

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thecat23
17-01-2016, 06:41 PM
I don't like the fact he looks like a giant toddler. Freaks me out!

3pm
17-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Oh you will change your mind.

To be fair to Hermit, I was at the game and wasn't aware there was a shout for a penalty.

Hibs Class
17-01-2016, 06:47 PM

The ref was closer than you, and he is paid to see it. It was a clear pen and he copped out.

Hibs Class
17-01-2016, 06:50 PM

Maybe the incorrect sending off of McGinn in the ER game last month was the thing that evened up the pen from the first game against them. Over three matches against Falkirk, we've had game changing decisions against us in two, which arguably have cost us four points.

JimBHibees
17-01-2016, 06:52 PM

Absolute stonewaller.

stantonhibby
17-01-2016, 06:55 PM

Well that's OK then.

Carheenlea
17-01-2016, 06:58 PM

The whole stand certainly didn`t make loud claim, but from my angle I was staggered that we didn`t get it. I overheard a few fans heading out passing on text messages received notifying that it should have been a penalty, so it wasn`t clear and obvious to every Hibs fan in the ground.

cleanyman
17-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Penalty aside, I thought he had a good game.

Big decision that didn't go our way

stantonhibby
17-01-2016, 07:04 PM

Easy to give the wee decisions.

greenlex
17-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Thats why your a total fanny credibility out the windy

I must be the same as I thought that also.

LaMotta
17-01-2016, 07:13 PM

Every time ive seen Beaton he has been poor and i thought today was no exception.

Penalty decision aside....he let Falkirk players continually kick the ball away, one of which was the most blatant booking you could get. His positioning as well seems dodgy. Yet again today he got in the way of the ball and seemed oblivious to the time wasting tactics at one nil.

The goalkick he gave at the end looked like a blatant hibs corner although i havent seen it on tv.

SunshineOnLeith
17-01-2016, 07:18 PM
I thought he had a good first half, although both teams were so inept there wasn't much for him to do.

Second half he lost the plot, though. Penalty decision an obvious shocker, but even discounting that the number of unnecessary freekicks he awarded in the middle of the pitch destroyed any flow the game had, it was a classic example of a ref spoiling a game by making himself the centre of attention. Half of the freekicks Falkirk were getting in the last 20 minutes, their players weren't even appealing for!

brog
17-01-2016, 07:31 PM
John McG was far too honest with the pen, as all the TV commentators agreed, they were also 100% sure it was a pen. The only thing slightly strange about the incident was that it was almost like watching a slomo replay in real time. The Falkirk player has made his challenge but at the same time JMcG has moved the ball further away from the tackle. On grass, the tackler could possibly put the brakes on, on icy artificial he clatters into John for the clearest pen you'll ever see.
Anyone trying to say it wasn't a pen, just ask one question, would it have been awarded to Sevco or Celtc!

marleyhib
17-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Was a pen from where I was sitting, you get some you don't get others. Indifferent to the refs performance today. Thought we were poor today until Henderson came on and must say I was surprised Keatings started. Bottom line we should have played better today, if we had we'd have won easy regardless of the ref.

Tricla
17-01-2016, 07:59 PM

I wasn't at the game and saw it was a pen 1st time. Didn't need a replay. Falkirk player took his legs all day long.

I don't by shares either but it was still a pen.

gaz1875
17-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Penalty aside I have no idea why Hanlon got his booking, never seemed close to the Falkirk player who threw himself to the deck...not many 50/50 decisions went our way either.

Hibs Class
17-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Penalty aside I have no idea why Hanlon got his booking, never seemed close to the Falkirk player who threw himself to the deck...not many 50/50 decisions went our way either.

I thought his booking was harsh at the time, and moreso once I saw the replay

gaz1875
17-01-2016, 08:29 PM
I thought his booking was harsh at the time, and moreso once I saw the replay

I really don't think Hanlon touched the Falkirk player....very strange descision

greenlex
17-01-2016, 08:30 PM
I really don't think Hanlon touched the Falkirk player....very strange descision

Looked like he pulled him back to me.

Ringothedog
17-01-2016, 08:41 PM

Trolling again, what a surprise.

Ringothedog
17-01-2016, 08:45 PM

Away and bile your heid , the referee was absolutely garbage and should be ashamed of his performance but of course he won't. He was happy with the result the Huns are delighted.

greenlex
17-01-2016, 08:48 PM
Away and bile your heid , the referee was absolutely garbage and should be ashamed of his performance but of course he won't. He was happy with the result the Huns are delighted.

OTT. He got most things right bar the pen however unpopular that us.

cleanyman
17-01-2016, 08:51 PM

We got a dodgy penalty last time we were there and didn't get an obvious penalty today.

Hibs didn't play well enough to win the game.

Greenworld
17-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Not according to two refs I watched the game with he will be getting grief at the meeting this week very poor they thought might get suspended for two weeks

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 09:02 PM
Not according to two refs I watched the game with he will be getting grief at the meeting this week very poor they thought might get suspended for two weeks

Never in a million years will he get suspended - jeez next time you're with them ask why Collum hasn't been suspended for a season in that case !!

StevieBoyKdy
17-01-2016, 09:04 PM
If that was that wee rodent holt falling on his erse the ref would have blown before he had thought about trying to get up.

Ringothedog
17-01-2016, 09:04 PM
We got a dodgy penalty last time we were there and didn't get an obvious penalty today.

What has a penalty from a previous game got to do with a penalty today , I will tell you..nothing, so stop talking nonsense. The facts are that today McGinn was fouled and the referee through either incompetence or being biased never gave it.

Ringothedog
17-01-2016, 09:06 PM

Sorry the referee was a disgrace and got the big decision wrong.

cleanyman
17-01-2016, 09:06 PM
What has a penalty from a previous game got to do with a penalty today , I will tell you..nothing, so stop talking nonsense. The facts are that today McGinn was fouled and the referee through either incompetence or being biased never gave it.

That's football.

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2016, 09:07 PM

He was swayed by Houston banging on about the penalty from the last time.

That and the fact that McGinn tried to stay in his feet - you need to fall down to get a penalty.

hibbysam
17-01-2016, 09:08 PM

Why do we keep listening to Houston by saying the penalty was dodgy? We were denied a stonewaller seconds before so there was nothing dodgy about it! We had to play 50 minutes, wrongly, with 10 men at home and this was as blatant a penalty as you will ever see today!

Hibs were by far the better side today, first half both sides were poor and no surprise it was 0-0, but for 40 out of 45 second half minutes Hibs battered Falkirk, missed a great chance with Cummings, a stonewall penalty, and 3/4 good half chances that just didn't fall, as well as there keeper making 1 or 2 cracking saves!

cleanyman
17-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Why do we keep listening to Houston by saying the penalty was dodgy? We were denied a stonewaller seconds before so there was nothing dodgy about it! We had to play 50 minutes, wrongly, with 10 men at home and this was as blatant a penalty as you will ever see today!

Hibs were by far the better side today, first half both sides were poor and no surprise it was 0-0, but for 40 out of 45 second half minutes Hibs battered Falkirk, missed a great chance with Cummings, a stonewall penalty, and 3/4 good half chances that just didn't fall, as well as there keeper making 1 or 2 cracking saves!

I disagree.

Last 20 minutes yes, but before that we did nothing.

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 09:12 PM
To give Beaton a wee bit 'credit' he didn't give The Rangers a pen in our 2-1 win when Lewis clearly impeded Holt (I think) early on in the game at ER. He's not the worst ref. Hibs shouldn't have to rely on a bad ref argument in games like these.

greenlex
17-01-2016, 09:13 PM
To give Beaton a wee bit 'credit' he didn't give The Rangers a pen in our 2-1 win when Lewis clearly impeded Holt (I think) early on in the game at ER. He's not the worst ref. Hibs shouldn't have to rely on a bad ref argument in games like these.

We don't could have been two or three without the pen.

Ringothedog
17-01-2016, 09:14 PM
That's football.

Wow, great answer.....not!

Ringothedog
17-01-2016, 09:16 PM

In other words the referee is an incompetent fud who gets the big decisions wrong.

Hermit Crab

Look, we never got a penalty. Get on with it. Win some lose some.

cleanyman

FAF

We've had our fair share this season.

Blinkered.

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 09:17 PM
We don't could have been two or three without the pen.

It wasn't though Lex - to counter, Falkirk should have been 2 up first half without Oxley and a poor finish.

My point was we should have started today with high intensity and shouldn't be debating a bad ref call - in Scottish football that's a given in any game.

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 09:17 PM
In other words the referee is an incompetent fud who gets the big decisions wrong.

Welcome to Scottish football ringo !

Ringothedog
17-01-2016, 09:26 PM
FAF

We've had our fair share this season.

Blinkered.

3 penalties this season, Huns 12. Me blinkered nah, referees blinkered oh yes.

madabouthibs
17-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Reading into the Stubbs interview after the game, I wouldn't be surprised if the ref, in giving his reasoning behind said non-penalty, perhaps told Stubbs he'd made a mistake, and it should've been a penalty, especially if he'd watched a replay of it.
Good on Stubbsy for respecting the privacy of the conversation though. :agree:

Ringothedog
17-01-2016, 09:29 PM
Look, we never got a penalty. Get on with it. Win some lose some.

I will get on with it when we get the decisions given correctly, thank you.j

Ringothedog
17-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Welcome to Scottish football ringo !

Hermit Crab
17-01-2016, 09:33 PM
I will get on with it when we get the decisions given correctly, thank you.j

Nobody will ever get every decision correct, accept it.

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 09:34 PM

See, we agree really 😊

PatHead
17-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Reading into the Stubbs interview after the game, I wouldn't be surprised if the ref, in giving his reasoning behind said non-penalty, perhaps told Stubbs he'd made a mistake, and it should've been a penalty, especially if he'd watched a replay of it.
Good on Stubbsy for respecting the privacy of the conversation though. :agree:

I read it more as the ref said he didn't give it because he stayed on his feet, hence the comment about getting a reputation for staying on his feet.

emerald green
17-01-2016, 09:47 PM

We all know no referee will ever get every decision correct. But it's the number of crucial decisions they are getting wrong that needs to be looked at, and which I find hard to just meekly accept. If supporters don't say anything, we can expect more of these s*** decisions to continue.

All clubs, from time to time, are on the end of terrible decisions. Some more than others though it seems to me. Maybe I'm looking at things through the green tinted glasses, but Hibs seem to be on the wrong end of these crucial decisions far more often than we are on the right end.

Eyrie
17-01-2016, 10:15 PM
The penalty decision was the inevitable result of the amount of simulation in the game. Players throw themselves to the ground at the slightest hint of contact and expect to be given a foul.

In this case McGinn made the "mistake" of trying to stay on his feet rather than screaming in agony as he plunged to the turf, which would confuse a good referee, never mind a Scottish one.

Sir David Gray
17-01-2016, 10:24 PM
My view of anything at The Falkirk Stadium is horrendous so I'm really only seeing it now for the first time, despite being at the match. How a professional referee cannot see that that was a penalty actually defies belief.

kaimendhibs
18-01-2016, 06:46 AM
I genuinely can't believe anyone is defending that oaf today. Shocking decision at the penalty, gave fouls for the whinging crowds reactions and let them kick the ball away at every opportunity.

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2016, 07:05 AM

Hibs didn't play well enough to win the game.No we didn't, we had a stonewaller not given then as well. The clown just made up for it by giving us one 3 seconds later.

confused
18-01-2016, 08:11 AM
A fat incompetent oaf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember , even the above have feelings !

JimBHibees
18-01-2016, 08:15 AM

Refuse to give him credit he was awful in the semi final including intercepting play twice also and wasnt particularly great in the play off game at ER where Rangers reffed the game. Yesterday Sibbald clearly kicked the ball away twice with a cosy little chat rather than the yellow card which should certainly have happened when it happened twice. The penalty decision was I am afraid an absolute shocker to miss given he was 6 yards away. Unacceptable bearing in mind the importance of it.

Also remember this clown turned the game at Ibrox when we were outplaying them in the Petrofac when he sent off Handling for at best a yellow challenge. Also gave the highly dubious goal against Albion Rovers at Ibrox, bit of a pattern emerging.

matty_f
18-01-2016, 08:17 AM
Surprised that folk are pointing to a penalty decision at Easter Road that The Rangers didn't get - the referee called that one spot on. Was never a penalty, and tv pictures showed the ref and linesman got it bang on.

Greenworld
18-01-2016, 08:17 AM
The penalty decision was the inevitable result of the amount of simulation in the game. Players throw themselves to the ground at the slightest hint of contact and expect to be given a foul.

In this case McGinn made the "mistake" of trying to stay on his feet rather than screaming in agony as he plunged to the turf, which would confuse a good referee, never mind a Scottish one.
Cant disagree about simulation however this was an easy decision to make.
A clear cut penalty no doubt should exist im afraid the REF had a howler and played to the crowd... ( homer)

JimBHibees
18-01-2016, 08:18 AM

Agree entirely but any referee at any level of football would be disappointed (I hope) at missing that. Many decisions are 50/50 that was a 100% stonewaller.

HH81
18-01-2016, 08:29 AM
HC have you seen it yet? Changed your mind?

Carheenlea
18-01-2016, 08:55 AM
Often when you get a strong penalty claim in front of that club's big support, the referee can be convinced he is making the correct call if the whole stand is on it's feet claiming for the spot kick. The fact the whole stand didn't shows it wasn't immediately obvious to us, but it is not really much of an excuse to be fair for John Beaton's error of judgement as he was in a good position to view the offence.

Onion
18-01-2016, 09:12 AM
The league will not be decided on one decision or ref's performance, but when the league is as tight as it is, individual decisions like these will be enough to decide the champions.

12 penalties for The Rangers is utterly ridiculous, irrespective of their perceived "direct approach". Is there any other team in the UK with more ?

brog
18-01-2016, 10:01 AM
I despair of Hibs Net sometimes. Last season Celtc had a shocking decision given against them & they called for everything except a judicial inquiry over the penalty they didn't get. A season earlier we had if anything 2 worse decisions given against us when playing our rivals. LG's goal, clearly well over the line & Jordon's goal at PBS, about 3 yards onside but disallowed. Those 2 decisions arguably cost us staying up. Now we have a stonewaller of a pen not given & Hibs fans come on here to say, well we could have conceded one vs Sevco or, we got a soft one last time. Those same fans will then complain that our team lacks the mental will & strength to triumph in the big games!
Seriously, can you imagine any poster on an OF or Yams site defending the ref in these circumstances? The team on the field & the fans in the stand need to be professional & forthright in ensuring we receive fair treatment. Not cheating, not howling for everything but not sitting on our hands while ludicrous decisions go against us! Rant over, support our team!

matty_f
18-01-2016, 10:11 AM
I despair of Hibs Net sometimes. Last season Celtc had a shocking decision given against them & they called for everything except a judicial inquiry over the penalty they didn't get. A season earlier we had if anything 2 worse decisions given against us when playing our rivals. LG's goal, clearly well over the line & Jordon's goal at PBS, about 3 yards onside but disallowed. Those 2 decisions arguably cost us staying up. Now we have a stonewaller of a pen not given & Hibs fans come on here to say, well we could have conceded one vs Sevco or, we got a soft one last time. Those same fans will then complain that our team lacks the mental will & strength to triumph in the big games!
Seriously, can you imagine any poster on an OF or Yams site defending the ref in these circumstances? The team on the field & the fans in the stand need to be professional & forthright in ensuring we receive fair treatment. Not cheating, not howling for everything but not sitting on our hands while ludicrous decisions go against us! Rant over, support our team!

Brilliant post. :agree:

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Seriously, can you imagine any poster on an OF or Yams site defending the ref in these circumstances? The team on the field & the fans in the stand need to be professional & forthright in ensuring we receive fair treatment. Not cheating, not howling for everything but not sitting on our hands while ludicrous decisions go against us! Rant over, support our team!They were in different seasons. Other than that though I agree.

Bad Martini
18-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Seriously!

Some folk believe because we got a soft penalty in the past, that in some way should be evened out by the referee yesterday getting it 100% wrong.

Stubbs clearly felt aggrieved. Anyone who seen the penalty claim from mulitple angles will be hard pushed to convince anyone who has also seen it from more than one angle that it was not a stonewaller. It was. Not "hibs.net" fact - real fact based on the fact a player was brought down in the box, the ball was gone and it was a ****ing lunge!!!! FACT!!

If you dont see that as a stonewaller and in this case, a game changer, you need to forget specsavers and get a nurological assessment....as for the impact that would make at this point in the season........couple of points more to us, **** all to our nearest rival and breathing right back down the necks of rangers.

It was a penalty. It was crucial. It could have made the difference and we could have had 2 more points and falkirk one less. Moreover, it SHOULD have been given....

ENDOF

kaimendhibs
18-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Seriously!

Some folk believe because we got a soft penalty in the past, that in some way should be evened out by the referee yesterday getting it 100% wrong.

Stubbs clearly felt aggrieved. Anyone who seen the penalty claim from mulitple angles will be hard pushed to convince anyone who has also seen it from more than one angle that it was not a stonewaller. It was. Not "hibs.net" fact - real fact based on the fact a player was brought down in the box, the ball was gone and it was a ****ing lunge!!!! FACT!!

If you dont see that as a stonewaller and in this case, a game changer, you need to forget specsavers and get a nurological assessment....as for the impact that would make at this point in the season........couple of points more to us, **** all to our nearest rival and breathing right back down the necks of rangers.

It was a penalty. It was crucial. It could have made the difference and we could have had 2 more points and falkirk one less. Moreover, it SHOULD have been given....

ENDOF
10/10

Thecat23
18-01-2016, 12:32 PM

Spot on Brog.

CmoantheHibs
18-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Loved this post.Spot on.

emerald green
18-01-2016, 03:23 PM

:top marksSpot on, especially the bit in bold.

ancient hibee
18-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Don't think the refs decision was the worst mistake on Saturday.

Others

1 Cummings allowing goalie to save

2 Malonga header-open goal

3 Stubbs wrong team

4 Yet another half paced strolling first half.

Hermit Crab
18-01-2016, 06:34 PM
HC have you seen it yet? Changed your mind?

No I have not seen it again yet.

Ringothedog
18-01-2016, 09:21 PM

Others

3 Stubbs wrong team

The thread is about the poor decisions made by the referee not mistakes made by our coach or players.

PS the game was Sunday not Saturday (;

Spike Mandela
18-01-2016, 09:26 PM

Others

3 Stubbs wrong team

All of the above we can be assured were honest mistakes...........the ref's I an not 100% convinced.

Andy74
18-01-2016, 09:27 PM

Others

3 Stubbs wrong team

When did Malonga have an open goal?

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2016, 09:48 PM
When did Malonga have an open goal?He didn't.

hibbysam
18-01-2016, 09:51 PM
When did Malonga have an open goal?

Could only be when he had a header near the back post, you know, the one where there was no pace on the cross, up against a centre half, strongly challenged and about 10 yards out beyond the back post! Can't believe he missed either! The mind boggles at some peoples stupidity!

brog
19-01-2016, 08:57 AM

Others

3 Stubbs wrong team

AH, I often enjoy your posts but I find it hard to match your version of events with what I saw on Sunday. IMO the only error a Hibs player could have made which would have equalled Beaton's would have been if Jason had missed the goal he scored! More pertinently there's already several threads with in excess of 30 pages dissecting & analysing our performance. Why come on a thread about the Ref & take the opportunity to put the boot into our team again? Now that even Houston has recanted I hope you're not Beaton's only supporter in claiming he got the decision right!

ancient hibee
19-01-2016, 01:20 PM
AH, I often enjoy your posts but I find it hard to match your version of events with what I saw on Sunday. IMO the only error a Hibs player could have made which would have equalled Beaton's would have been if Jason had missed the goal he scored! More pertinently there's already several threads with in excess of 30 pages dissecting & analysing our performance. Why come on a thread about the Ref & take the opportunity to put the boot into our team again? Now that even Houston has recanted I hope you're not Beaton's only supporter in claiming he got the decision right!

Merely pointing out that the referee made a very bad mistake but there were lots of others and his mistake wasn't necessarily the one that cost us the game.Not aware I'm in the habit of putting the boot into the team.All comment is fair if sincerely held -even the poster above who thinks I'm stupid:greengrin

Geo_1875
19-01-2016, 01:31 PM

I agree wholeheartedly that the club should stand up to the injustices and we should support them. However, remember prior to the 2012 cup final our chairman did say that we didn't want CT in charge. What did we get? A great big **** you from the SFA and a great big ****ing over from CT. To add insult to injury they gave him our first game the following season. We'll get SFA from the SFA while they are based in the 19th century.

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 02:45 PM
I agree wholeheartedly that the club should stand up to the injustices and we should support them. However, remember prior to the 2012 cup final our chairman did say that we didn't want CT in charge. What did we get? A great big **** you from the SFA and a great big ****ing over from CT. To add insult to injury they gave him our first game the following season. We'll get SFA from the SFA while they are based in the 19th century.

Broq appeared to be referencing the support rather than the club. And we should all kick up **** at every opportunity. Where the club though, failed in 2012, IMHO, was by not continuing the displeasure after Thomson was appointed and continuing it after the event. And every time he came in our midst thereafter. BTW, If we were all in the 19th Century you can bet your bollox Hibernian would be causing uproar. Thomson and his entourage would have been chased out the ground fearing for their lives. And may never have come back.

The noise coming out of Easter Road about that decision (and other decisions) at Falkirk on Sunday should be deafening. And it should get the support of everyone on here. It shouldn't be some of our own getting their post count up by sniping about how soft we are. Especially if they can't be arsed turning up.
We were cheated.

brog
19-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Merely pointing out that the referee made a very bad mistake but there were lots of others and his mistake wasn't necessarily the one that cost us the game.Not aware I'm in the habit of putting the boot into the team.All comment is fair if sincerely held -even the poster above who thinks I'm stupid:greengrin

Well you actually said the ref's mistake was not the worst & provided 4 examples which inferred they were all worse than the ref's howler. Hopefully by now you've had a rethink re those comments.