PDA

View Full Version : Houston calls mcginn a diver

Monts
17-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Not explicitly but all but.

It was the most blatant penalty you'll see, and the reason it wasn't given was most likely because mcginn tried to stay on his feet.

Houston is an absolute tosspot

O'Rourke3
17-01-2016, 04:25 PM
But we all have to remember that "Housty" is a classless weldt

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Frank Moon
17-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Absolutely shockin comments. He's a disgrace. McGinn was too honest if anything!

Mikey09
And people wonder why players throw themselves down under contact?! He's been fouled in the penalty area, tried to get back up to get the ball, didn't succeed so ref should then blow for the initial foul and give the pen. Shocking. As for Houston... He's an erse.

The Harp Awakes
Houston utterly lacks class. He should apologise to McGinn after he sees a replay. If John hadn't have been so honest in trying to stay on his feet the ref would have given a pen.

HibsNutter
17-01-2016, 04:28 PM
I'm sure he's just trying to get a reaction. Not arsed about him, his team WON'T finish above us.

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2016, 04:29 PM
I've been saying it for ages now - referees have created the diving culture. They won't give a penalty unless someone falls down.

SkintHibby
17-01-2016, 04:30 PM
So you expect Houston to say..."what was the ref thinking, it was a penalty all day long, what a clueless idiot, this would have given Hibs a route back into the game".....

Some right stupid comments on Hibs.net at times...

Gmack7
He's a fuin dick

BoomtownHibees
So you expect Houston to say..."what was the ref thinking, it was a penalty all day long, what a clueless idiot, this would have given Hibs a route back into the game".....

And yours is right up there with the worst

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2016, 04:31 PM

No I expected him to say yes it looked like a penalty but sometimes you get them sometimes you don't.

You're right about clueless comments being made though...

Onion
And people wonder why players throw themselves down under contact?! He's been fouled in the penalty area, tried to get back up to get the ball, didn't succeed so ref should then blow for the initial foul and give the pen. Shocking. As for Houston... He's an erse.

:top marks So when the SFA complain about players diving and exaggerating, they need to look at incidents like today and referees like Beaton. The do their trade and other referees no favours at all.

SaulGoodman
I've been saying it for ages now - referees have created the diving culture. They won't give a penalty unless someone falls down.

Attention seeking managers that like to be controversial and blame everyone but their teams own failings and a media outlet that baits them questions to get a reaction has made referees frightened to give any big decision.

easty
17-01-2016, 04:32 PM

Well, he could do. Hiddink admitted after the Chelsea game that thier equaliser was offside.

I couldn't actually care less about anything Houston says. He's a plum.

Monts

How about "it looked like it might've been a penalty", or " I didn't get a good look at it" or "the referee didn't give it and that's what matters"

Calling mcginn a diver is well over the line

SeanWilson
Bill for a new tv was nearly in the post tomorrow morning. What an absolute roaster.

greenlex
17-01-2016, 04:33 PM

Some right stupid comments on Hibs.net at times... No but the walloper could have actually called it correctly. McGinn tried to stay on his feet. Thats porobably why he never got the pen. JHow that sour faced **** can actually say he went down soft is beyond comprehension. He could have said he thought the ref called it right but he didnt he courts contiversy and is looking for a wee war of words with Stubbs. Im ****ing raging with the ********.

Onion

:greengrin

SeanWilson

What about 'I can't comment, I've not seen it again yet' ?? Guy is an absolute trumpet.

SkintHibby
17-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Personally I do not give one flying one what an opposition manager says. Its irrelevant. I only care what Stubbs says.

SaulGoodman
17-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Personally I do not give one flying one what an opposition manager says. Its irrelevant. I only care what Stubbs says.

I'd say an opposition manager blatantly calling our player a diver when we should've had a stonewall penalty that could've changed the game pretty relevant.

StevieBoyKdy
17-01-2016, 04:38 PM
So bitter in his interview it was embarrassing. Doesn't matter if it's the same boy, fact is that was a penalty he in his deluded state couldn't bring himself even to sit on a professional stance and say he didn't see it. True Jambo colours showing. Roaster

hibee_girl
17-01-2016, 04:39 PM
He also said something along the lines of it being the same player who went down easily last time we were there. So he's not only calling him cheat but also a repeat offender

bawheid
17-01-2016, 04:39 PM
Just a horrible Jambo that's not worth the blood pressure tablets.

SeanWilson
17-01-2016, 04:41 PM
I'd say an opposition manager blatantly calling our player a diver when we should've had a stonewall penalty that could've changed the game pretty relevant.

👍 We're the masters of our own downfall as we should have put them away today but this guys getting airtime with his usual classless comments is getting on my wick.

SkintHibby

Houston has no class though so whats the issue? I do t listen to guys like Houston and Warburton. I only care about what Alan Stubbs says.

SkintHibby
Just a horrible Jambo that's not worth the blood pressure tablets.

Exactly!

Hibeesmad
17-01-2016, 04:42 PM
If I had two bullets and could use them on Skacel and Houston, I'd use them both on Houston

SkintHibby
17-01-2016, 04:44 PM
They beat Rangers and thought they would beat us. They never and won't beat us at all this season.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-01-2016, 04:47 PM

No he could have said he hadn't seen it again, he could have said that he's seen them given, he could have said he would rather talk about his own team, he could have said that we got a soft penalty last time so it's evened up or he could have said that he didn't think it was a penalty. Instead he called McGinn a cheat. That's close to slander. How any Hibs fan can defend him is totally bizarre

SaulGoodman
17-01-2016, 04:47 PM
They beat Rangers and thought they would beat us. They never and won't beat us at all this season.

That's better :greengrin

Jim44
17-01-2016, 04:48 PM

Starting with your own. Don't jump to that muppets defence. He was totally out of order with his comments. Any semblance of a decent human being would have found words to deflect any question about the penalty and he could easily have fielded it without saying what he did. With Derek Adams, Victor is one of the most dispicable men to manage a team in Scotland.

Sir David Gray
17-01-2016, 04:50 PM
I think once Stubbs hears those comments, a complaint will be lodged against Falkirk FC/Peter Houston re those comments.

Absolute disgrace.

SkintHibby
17-01-2016, 04:57 PM
I think once Stubbs hears those comments, a complaint will be lodged against Falkirk FC/Peter Houston re those comments.

Absolute disgrace.

No chance. Stubbs has too much class to be bothered with pish like that.

green day
17-01-2016, 04:58 PM

Absolute disgrace.

No, but he will probably use the press conference to cover it - and hopefully the press will do a hatchet job on the tool Houston.

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2016, 04:59 PM
No chance. Stubbs has too much class to be bothered with pish like that.

I'm not sure about that!

JJP
17-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Houston owes John McGinn an apology for those accusations. Hopefully just a case of the adrenaline still pumping at the end of the game and he will later realise he was wrong to make those comments.

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2016, 05:00 PM
The Rangers get that penalty every day, absolute ****ing joke.

Houston can go and sniff himself, roaster.

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Houston owes John McGinn an apology for those accusations. Hopefully just a case of the adrenaline still pumping at the end of the game and he will later realise he was wrong to make those comments.

Can't see him doing it though - he'll gloss over it when he's doing his media stuff during the week until it's all forgotten.

That's a red card overturned and a stonewall penalty denied now for mcginn now - we need to make sure it stays in the papers until it's corrected by the refs.

Hibby 2005
17-01-2016, 05:10 PM
No he could have said he hadn't seen it again, he could have said that he's seen them given, he could have said he would rather talk about his own team, he could have said that we got a soft penalty last time so it's evened up or he could have said that he didn't think it was a penalty. Instead he called McGinn a cheat. That's close to slander. How any Hibs fan can defend him is totally bizarre

I don't think he actually used the word "cheat".

Sir David Gray
17-01-2016, 05:23 PM

You're right he didn't.

But it was certainly implied.

ancient hibee
17-01-2016, 05:25 PM
You're right he didn't.

But it was certainly implied.

He did what most managers would do-kept in with the ref and planted the idea that an opposition player dives.

ALF TUPPER
17-01-2016, 05:25 PM
The man is an ar$e. Don't let him get to you. 😊

givescotlandfreedom
17-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Houston shown up to be a fud by the Falkirk boy interviewed at full time who praised McGinn and our players for not claiming for a decision.

Famous Fiver
17-01-2016, 05:28 PM
Openly calling McGinn a cheat is at worst slander and at best bringing the game into disrepute.

Either way, actionable. Over to you SPFL and Hibs.

Oh, I forgot we have got two fan reps on the board who, just like the sectarian behaviour at Ibrox will deafen us with their silence on the incident.

Nutmegged
17-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Classless thing to do, accusing a player of cheating when he was clearly fouled is wrong, he should be up before the beaks

Amit
17-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Openly calling McGinn a cheat is at worst slander and at best bringing the game into disrepute.

Oh, I forgot we have got two fan reps on the board who, just like the sectarian behaviour at Ibrox will deafen us with their silence on the incident.

A bit harsh, no? The Club are aware of the numerous feedback from Hibs supporters with respect to the concerns over their safety at ibrox. As far the chants at Jason are concerned SPFL delegates are there to note/report on matters.

ancient hibee
17-01-2016, 05:36 PM

Good time to run down the board-not as if they're trying their best for the club.

marinello59
17-01-2016, 05:37 PM

Geezus. Why don't you put yourself forward for fans rep then so we can throw unjustified crap at you?

BoomtownHibees
17-01-2016, 05:39 PM
A bit harsh, no? The Club are aware of the numerous feedback from Hibs supporters with respect to the concerns over their safety at ibrox. As far the chants at Jason are concerned SPFL delegates are there to note/report on matters.

A wee statement might have helped Amit

emerald green
17-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Houston's hatred of Hibs oozes out of his every pore.

Really s*** comments considering McGinn didn't go down screaming for a penalty. If it had been one of his players he would have been slagging the referee for not giving it. That's who should be getting the criticism - the referee. Not John McGinn.

Stevie Reid
17-01-2016, 05:42 PM
It's just gotten much worse: -

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35338898

BoomtownHibees
17-01-2016, 05:43 PM
It's just gotten much worse: -

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35338898

That was his radio interview

Amit
17-01-2016, 05:43 PM
A wee statement might have helped Amit

All the information we've collected is valuable and will help in ensuring the safety of our supporters at games. Nobody should attend a game feeling they are in an unsafe situation.

[emoji106]

hibee_girl
17-01-2016, 05:45 PM
I wonder what side Sportscene will take tonight.

SON OF PADDY
If I had two bullets and could use them on Skacel and Houston, I'd use them both on Houston

Sorry but that's not HIBS class at all.😞😞😞

BoomtownHibees
All the information we've collected is valuable and will help in ensuring the safety of our supporters at games. Nobody should attend a game feeling they are in an unsafe situation.

[emoji106]

A statement from the club about how its fans were treated a day or 2 after the game may have helped. Budge across the other side of town was very quick at condemning the other lot and that's what I expected of Hibs at the time. Anything now is worthless

Stevie Reid
That was his radio interview

Apologies, thought the thread was to do with his BT interview. Disgraceful comments.

BoomtownHibees
17-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Apologies, thought the thread was to do with his BT interview. Disgraceful comments.

I haven't heard the BT interview. Was it similar to this?

Amit
17-01-2016, 05:47 PM
A statement from the club about how its fans were treated a day or 2 after the game may have helped. Budge across the other side of town was very quick at condemning the other lot and that's what I expected of Hibs at the time. Anything now is worthless

Noted. Thanks.

Famous Fiver
17-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Apologies to fan reps for my post.

It was made in frustration but I really think Hibs should defend our player to the utmost.

Stevie Reid
17-01-2016, 05:48 PM

In the BT one he 'just' said that it wasn't a pen and McGinn went down too easily. BBC is far, far worse.

hibee_girl
17-01-2016, 05:49 PM

Pretty much, he was going on about how it wasn't a penalty, how the same player as last time went down far too easily. Kept saying going down too easily again just to make it clear that he thought McGinn was always at it.

Broken Gnome
17-01-2016, 05:49 PM
To be as objectionable as possible, at first it possibly looked as if McGinn's realised he was overrunning it and went looking for the defender's legs.

Then the replay makes that, or any other belief it wasn't a penalty, a nonsense.

Stevie Reid
17-01-2016, 05:51 PM
To be as objectionable as possible, at first it possibly looked as if McGinnis released he was overrunning it and went looking for the defender's legs.

Then the replay makes that, or any other belief it wasn't a penalty, a nonsense.

He tried his best to stay on his feet, but the height of the Falkirk player's feet eventually brought him down. No need for a defender's feet to be that high when he's gone to ground to block a shot - he realised that he'd over committed and been done by JM and followed through with a foul.

Easy decision for the referee.

Amit
17-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Apologies to fan reps for my post.

It was made in frustration but I really think Hibs should defend our player to the utmost.

No worries. We all care about the Club and want the best.

We are pushing in the same direction.

GGTTH

[emoji172]

emerald green
17-01-2016, 05:54 PM
He tried his best to stay on his feet, but the height of the Falkirk player's feet eventually brought him down. No need for a defender's feet to be that high when he's gone to ground to block a shot - he realised that he'd over committed and been done by JM and followed through with a foul.

Easy decision for the referee.

Only if you are wearing a light blue jersey it seems. Wonder why?

Jones28
17-01-2016, 06:00 PM
Sorry but that's not HIBS class at all.😞😞😞

Houston isn't deserving of anything like Hibs class

lucky
17-01-2016, 06:28 PM

We all know the club are aware, everyone at the game or saw the match on TV are aware of it. The question is what are you doing about it?

SON OF PADDY
17-01-2016, 06:33 PM

I was talking about the bullets !!
Definitely not HIBS class , End off.😱😱😱😱

Amit
17-01-2016, 06:33 PM
We all know the club are aware, everyone at the game or saw the match on TV are aware of it. The question is what are you doing about it?

Hi Lucky,

I collected feedback from numerous supporters (through face-to-face discussions, social media, emails, forums) that was to be passed to the Club. All of which will also be included in my Board Report at the end of the month.

Cheers,

Amit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SON OF PADDY
17-01-2016, 06:54 PM

I was talking about the bullets !!
Definitely not HIBS class , End off.😱😱😱😱

lucky
17-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Hi Lucky,

I collected feedback from numerous supporters (through face-to-face discussions, social media, emails, forums) that was to be passed to the Club. All of which will also be included in my Board Report at the end of the month.

Cheers,

Amit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Hibs as a club we have done nothing but talk to ourselves. Sorry but as a club that clearly is not good enough.

brog
17-01-2016, 07:17 PM
What a great tongue in cheek comment from AS & a great riposte to Houston's ludicrous comments. I paraphrase, " John's got to be careful he doesn't earn himself a reputation as someone who tries to stay on his feet"!
Now that's Hibs Class! Well done Alan Stubbs! :thumbsup:

The_Horde
17-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Peter Houston is the biggest roaster ever. A bitter creep who hates hibs and everything about us. A classless oaf who will never amount to anything.

brog
17-01-2016, 07:20 PM
What a great tongue in cheek comment from AS & a great riposte to Houston's ludicrous comments. I paraphrase, " John's got to be careful he doesn't earn himself a reputation as someone who tries to stay on his feet"!
Now that's Hibs Class! Well done Alan Stubbs! :thumbsup:

Actual quote was " John's got to be careful, he's getting himself a reputation for being too honest"! Superb!

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-01-2016, 07:48 PM

You don't have to use the word if you are suggesting it. "John is going to end up with a reputation, he went down too easy last time and he's done the same today". That suggests he cheated

JJP
17-01-2016, 08:00 PM
You don't have to use the word if you are suggesting it. "John is going to end up with a reputation, he went down too easy last time and he's done the same today". That suggests he cheated

I suppose the good thing is that the game was screened on TV for everyone to see. No one who saw the incident could ever take Houston's claims seriously.

Ronniekirk
17-01-2016, 08:05 PM

He llinked the two incidents ,and was clearly not bothered that he hadn't seen this incident properly therefor was happy to imply that as it was the same player it wasn't. Penalty .
Instead of calling him. Diver he should of called him a Hurdler ,as that's what he had to do to try and stay on his feet .it he hadn't done that he would of had the pins taken from him and it would of been a clearer penalty As it was McGinn tried to do the decent thing and stay on his feet but couldn't ,and then got up as quick as he could .
Let's hope when he reviews it in the cold light of day he makes another statement making it clear it was a penalty and praising McGinn for not making a meal of it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-01-2016, 08:11 PM
He llinked the two incidents ,and was clearly not bothered that he hadn't seen this incident properly therefor was happy to imply that as it was the same player it wasn't. Penalty .
Instead of calling him. Diver he should of called him a Hurdler ,as that's what he had to do to try and stay on his feet .it he hadn't done that he would of had the pins taken from him and it would of been a clearer penalty As it was McGinn tried to do the decent thing and stay on his feet but couldn't ,and then got up as quick as he could .
Let's hope when he reviews it in the cold light of day he makes another statement making it clear it was a penalty and praising McGinn for not making a meal of it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what anyone with a modicum of class would do. I would say there is zero chance of Houston doing that.

Let's wait until the next time McGinn is brought down in the box and see if we get a penalty. Comments like this stick with referees, regardless of how ridiculous they are

weecounty hibby
17-01-2016, 09:08 PM
How many times in the run up to the game today did that total fud mention the penalty we got in the 1st game against them. Hey presto, penalty of the stonewall variety not given for us. Job done for him. He has already started with the McGinn being a diver line that he will co tinue up till the next game against them. No matter how pish that is it sticks and gets into refs heads. He is a ****my hearts prick of the highest order who should be pulled up for what he is saying about McGinn

staunchhibby
17-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Houston should be done for bringing the game into disrepute.Others have been charged for less.

Eyrie
17-01-2016, 09:57 PM
Houston is clearly trying to get McGinn a reputation as a diver and therefore attempting to influence future referees when McGinn is fouled, whether in the box or not. Stubbs has countered that superbly by pointing out that McGinn is too honest.

Houston is Yam class.

Geo_1875
18-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Houston is clearly trying to get McGinn a reputation as a diver and therefore attempting to influence future referees when McGinn is fouled, whether in the box or not. Stubbs has countered that superbly by pointing out that McGinn is too honest.

Houston is a Yam, no class.

Sorted that.

JimBHibees
18-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Houston should be done for bringing the game into disrepute.Others have been charged for less.

Agree totally he should be clearly pulled up for this and Hibs should be putting in a complaint also.

lord bunberry
18-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Agree totally he should be clearly pulled up for this and Hibs should be putting in a complaint also.
We won't complain, we'll gather the thoughts of fans and do **** all as usual.

cabbageandribs1875
18-01-2016, 09:29 AM

Absolutely, houston is a classless fool of a man

We won't complain, we'll gather the thoughts of fans and **** all as usual.

this, all of it :agree: