PDA

View Full Version : Goals

Ozyhibby
17-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Still not scoring enough goals. Stubbs needs to show he knows how to change that because it's been the case since he got here.
Stokes replacing Malonga should help as he is a far better player but we also need more from our midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tricla
17-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Still not scoring enough goals. Stubbs needs to show he knows how to change that because it's been the case since he got here.
Stokes replacing Malonga should help as he is a far better player but we also need more from our midfield.

Stokes to replace keatings imo.

James hasn't showed up the last few games unfortunately.

1987kev
17-01-2016, 04:20 PM
We don't shoot enough specially the midfielders it was a pen on mcginn but he should b having a dig before the foul.

Boyle89
17-01-2016, 04:23 PM
We don't shoot enough specially the midfielders it was a pen on mcginn but he should b having a dig before the foul.

He had a couple of chances to shoot but didn't. On the other end of the spectrum you have Jason who shoots every chance he gets and he scores. Not a dig at mcginn but the more you shoot the more you score.

Broken Gnome
17-01-2016, 04:24 PM
It's Henderson for Keatings and Stokes for Malonga based on today.

McGeough, McGinn and Bartley/Fyvie, depending on the opposition. Keatings not having the same success he had a few months back when playing deeper, and Stokes would seem a more likely and consistent matchwinner than Dom. Could probably benefit as well from having a basic two upfront rather than forwards dropping deeper.

shamo9
17-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Stokes will help but we do need more goals from midfield. McGinn and Henderson are more than capable of getting a decent number in this league.

SaulGoodman
17-01-2016, 04:29 PM

McGeough, McGinn and Bartley/Fyvie, depending on the opposition. Keatings not having the same success he had a few months back when playing deeper, and Stokes would seem a more likely and consistent matchwinner than Dom. Could probably benefit as well from having a basic two upfront rather than forwards dropping deeper.

Exactly this.

There's no point playing a striker at the tip of the diamond in midfield with the system we play. Henderson must play there.

HibsNutter
17-01-2016, 04:32 PM
Henderson in behind Stokes and Cummings against St. Mirren. Alternatively McGinn in behind with Henderson on the right.

spudhib
17-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Henderson in behind Stokes and Cummings against St. Mirren. Alternatively McGinn in behind with Henderson on the right.

Agree,no way malonga or keatings can complain about losing their place after recent performances.

B.H.F.C
17-01-2016, 05:01 PM

Agree with the first bit there. Keatings hasn't contributed at all lately and was terrible. Dom isn't consistent enough and 6 goals this season is nowhere near good enough. Stokes will be straight in the team next week.

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Isn't Stubbs fault that the ref doesn't give clear penalty and Cummings misses a great chance.

Dropping Malonga would be extremely stupid, has to be Keatings.

wookie70
17-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Agree,no way malonga or keatings can complain about losing their place after recent performances. Malonga had scored 3 in 4 games before today and was very good against Raith in the Cup. If Stokes scores 3 in 4 I will be delighted.

ballengeich
17-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Our midfield need to get score more. Falkirk's goal was the type we don't get because our midfield don't get into the opposition penalty area often enough or quickly enough. The front two are too often isolated against four defenders plus their midfield.

B.H.F.C
17-01-2016, 05:09 PM
Malonga had scored 3 in 4 games before today and was very good against Raith in the Cup. If Stokes scores 3 in 4 I will be delighted.

Stokes will finish the season with more goals for us than Malonga.

When Malonga is good he is really good, but it's not often enough for me. 3 in 4 is fair enough and I didn't have a problem with him starting today at all. But it was another game where he didn't contribute much for me.

emerald green
17-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Isn't Stubbs fault that the ref doesn't give clear penalty and Cummings misses a great chance.

Dropping Malonga would be extremely stupid, has to be Keatings.

:agree: Also, Stokes isn't necessarily a better player than Malonga. He is a different type of player.

In any event, the same 11 will never start for a whole season. That's ridiculous. It's up to the head coach to use the whole squad over the course of a season.

ancient hibee
17-01-2016, 05:13 PM
Malonga should play where Keatings played behind Stokes and Cummings.McGinn should be rested and the remainder of the midfield as today.

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Mark Oxley was my man of the match - two top saves at 0-0 and solid.

Henderson changed things and gave impetus - why we waited until 70 minutes to press and pressurise only Stubbs can answer. Woeful woeful start and first half - unacceptable.

ancient hibee
17-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Starting like that against Saints and Hearts could lead to two totally embarrassing scorelines.

dchibs
17-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Mark Oxley was my man of the match - two top saves at 0-0 and solid.

Henderson changed things and gave impetus - why we waited until 70 minutes to press and pressurise only Stubbs can answer. Woeful woeful start and first half - unacceptable.
this for me why do we have to wait untill we lose a goal to have some zip in our play is beyond me,

Stevie Reid
17-01-2016, 05:35 PM
To be fair, we have three strikers in Cummings, Malonga and Keatings who have excellent scoring records in this division. At the moment that isn't enough, so we've now signed a player who has an excellent scoring record in the SPL.

Ozyhibby
17-01-2016, 05:41 PM
:agree: Also, Stokes isn't necessarily a better player than Malonga. He is a different type of player.

In any event, the same 11 will never start for a whole season. That's ridiculous. It's up to the head coach to use the whole squad over the course of a season.

Stokes and Malonga are the same age. I would argue that's Stokes achievements in the game dwarf Malongas.
Fact is we need more goals than Dom is providing.

emerald green
17-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Stokes and Malonga are the same age. I would argue that's Stokes achievements in the game dwarf Malongas.
Fact is we need more goals than Dom is providing.

I agree with the bit in bold, but that doesn't mean Malonga should just be discarded. He's a good player, capable of scoring and creating goals for others around him.

What Hibs need is more goals from all over the team. Midfield and defenders too. Not just from Malonga.

Keith_M
17-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Perhaps the formation favoured by Stubbs is the thing that doesn't work.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's had Hibs playing well on occasions but when have we seen Hibs steamroller teams, like some other clubs seem to manage?

Hibby Bairn
17-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Stokes and Cummings up front. No question. Henderson always instead of Keatings. Both him and Malonga total passengers today.

LeithMike
17-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Perhaps the formation favoured by Stubbs is the thing that doesn't work.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's had Hibs playing well on occasions but when have we seen Hibs steamroller teams, like some other clubs seem to manage?
Have to agree. Really dislike how narrow Hibs play in the forward areas and playing on the left has taken a lot from McGinn's game. McGeouch has shown he can run the game picking up the ball from the defence as a holding midfielder and Hibs improved tenfold both last week and this week when he went inside. Get McGinn in beside him with Henderson wide. Fyvie to the bench for me but we probably lack another natural wide midfielder.

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Stokes and Cummings up front. No question. Henderson always instead of Keatings. Both him and Malonga total passengers today.:faf:

Hibby Bairn
17-01-2016, 06:12 PM
:faf:

Something amusing you?

Lago
17-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Stokes and Cummings up front. No question. Henderson always instead of Keatings. Both him and Malonga total passengers today.

Your right, Malonga floated around today from left to right and really contributed nothing worth while.