PDA

View Full Version : falkirk match tactics

familyman
17-01-2016, 03:57 PM
Keep saying this,I wonder why this Hibs team so often only plays 45 mins..far too often ..not good enough we pay for 90 mins after all.
Can we learn at long last to go for it from first whistle?
Why on earth was Henderson not on from the start??

Aldo
17-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Falkirk set out not to get beaten today (and they did that) I honestly think we made them look good in the first half and at their goal....

However once the goal went in Houston tried to shut up shop with 5 across the middle.

We were the masters of our own downfall until we changed it a brought Henderson on.

Stonewall pen denied and a bit more composure in front of goal from Cummings and we would of won.

Only one team wanted victory after that. Us.

I also would suggest that an artificial surface should not be used. Looked like a few sloped about once it started getting colder.

ekhibee
17-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Keep saying this,I wonder why this Hibs team so often only plays 45 mins..far too often ..not good enough we pay for 90 mins after all.
Can we learn at long last to go for it from first whistle?
Why on earth was Henderson not on from the start??
The first half was poor. I actually felt we deserved to go behind considering how poor we were up till then, but after that we totally dominated it and should have won the game. I've never seen a more obvious penalty not given by the way. Houston was talking absolute nonsense about the penalty on Sportsound, trying to blame McGinn for going down too easily. Only him and the ref thought it wasn't a penalty.

SkintHibby
17-01-2016, 04:21 PM
Boring. Falkirk are trying to get promoted and have every right to play any tactics they like. Its up to the opposition to come up with a plan to beat them.

Enjoyed the second half. Great entertainment.

sixtwo
17-01-2016, 04:23 PM
433 did not work at all. No movement from front 3 as they were getting in each other's way. Keatings had a stinker and Stubbs should have been ruthless and made a change after 30 mins.
2 points dropped to a well organised but inferior side!!! Gutted.

Col2
17-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Has to be a system that has Henderson, McGinn and McGeoch in midfield and Stokes and Cummings starting as well.

Keatings has been lost for weeks and Fyvie has been inconsistent. I love Malonga in his day but he can be a passenger as well.

Bostonhibby
17-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Falkirk were a hard working but one dimensional / boring side who are not afraid of being overly physical, especially when the ref lets them away with it, witness the constant hacking down of McGeouch. They are like a poorer version of the yam who on this sort of showing today will simply march hob nail booted over us in the cup game unless we have a decent ref and are in a position to make and take more chances.

greenlex
17-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Nothing wrong with the tactics. Unlucky not to get the thee points. Cagey first half but lets remember Falkirk have only been beaten once at home all season and had only conceeded three goals there in the process up till today. Now its beaten once and conceeded four.

tamig
17-01-2016, 05:19 PM
433 did not work at all. No movement from front 3 as they were getting in each other's way. Keatings had a stinker and Stubbs should have been ruthless and made a change after 30 mins.
2 points dropped to a well organised but inferior side!!! Gutted.

We didn't play 433 though. It was a midfield diamond.

sixtwo
17-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Nothing wrong with the tactics. Unlucky not to get the thee points. Cagey first half but lets remember Falkirk have only been beaten once at home all season and had only conceeded three goals there in the process up till today. Now its beaten once and conceeded four.

Nothing wrong the tactics?? We were 433 for an hour and we were rubbish. We changed to 442 and were far more dynamic and by far the better team. First half tactics were wrong!!

BoomtownHibees
17-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Nothing wrong the tactics?? We were 433 for an hour and we were rubbish. We changed to 442 and were far more dynamic and by far the better team. First half tactics were wrong!!

The tactics were the same. All that changed was Henderson replacing Keatings. It was never 433

1987kev
17-01-2016, 05:29 PM
First hour we played to many long balls. Once we started to play football we were much better but we still lack pace in the team.

sixtwo
17-01-2016, 05:30 PM
It was. Keatings was up front. I was ****ing there and watched it with my own eyes. He was getting in the way of Cummings and malonga and his touch was shocking. He was horrible today and he was definitely up front. Stubbs even said it was a 433 pre match.

BoomtownHibees
17-01-2016, 05:32 PM
It was. Keatings was up front. I was ****ing there and watched it with my own eyes. He was getting in the way of Cummings and malonga and his touch was shocking. He was horrible today and he was definitely up front. Stubbs even said it was a 433 pre match.

Keatings was playing at the tip of the midfield diamond, like he has in a number of other games.

I'm glad you watched it with your own eyes rather than someone else's

sixtwo
17-01-2016, 05:36 PM
A lot of people only watched it on TV and could not see that keatings played as a forward today.

BoomtownHibees
17-01-2016, 05:38 PM
A lot of people only watched it on TV and could not see that keatings played as a forward today.

Well I sat and watched it with my own eyes and there's no way he was playing up front. No matter where he was meant to be playing, he was pish

wookie70
17-01-2016, 05:43 PM

I watched on TV and he looked like he played up front to me. Either that or he was the tip of the diamond and was making no effort to chase down the Falkirk players.

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2016, 05:45 PM
Played them off the park for all but 5 minutes, if Jason scores his chance then this thread doesn't exist.

Hibby Bairn
17-01-2016, 05:52 PM
I watched on TV and he looked like he played up front to me. Either that or he was the tip of the diamond and was making no effort to chase down the Falkirk players.

Tip and not working hard enough at any point in the game.