PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson

Callum_62
17-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Absolute quality

Why Keatings would ever start infront of him is anyones guess

California-Hibs
17-01-2016, 04:58 PM
Was superb when he came on. Needs to start next week after that performance.

17-01-2016, 04:58 PM
No idea why he is not getting a starting place. He changed the game when he came on and we actually looked like we could get something.

Lee Marvin
17-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Been one of our best players all season.

Cost us 2 points not starting today

CorrieHibs
Hendo was terrific when he came on changed the game. Keatings was a passenger yet again.

S4uzee
Keatings going to really struggle to get a game now

Big_Franck
17-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Henderson was very good when he came on but the reason he didn't start is because he's had a few games in the role Keatings was playing and he wasn't great. Henderson should start next week though.

givescotlandfreedom
17-01-2016, 05:02 PM
He did very well today and led our fightback.

DH1875
17-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Boy should be starting every week.

dmc1875
17-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Said in the other thread. I'm a big fan of Keatings but he needs to play as a striker. There is no point playing him deeper it's like playing with ten men. It has been like that for weeks now.

Henderson to start please or drop Malonga back and start stokes and Cummings.

dmc1875
17-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Henderson was very good when he came on but the reason he didn't start is because he's had a few games in the role Keatings was playing and he wasn't great. Henderson should start next week though.

Keatings has been anonymous for five weeks now in that role. Needs changed. It was painfully obvious and the proof is the Change as soon as he came off

HibsNutter
17-01-2016, 05:08 PM
Think he's been off the boil lately but needs to start after that. As for Keatings, been unimpressed for a while.

Peevemor
17-01-2016, 05:09 PM
Said in the other thread. I'm a big fan of Keatings but he needs to play as a striker. There is no point playing him deeper it's like playing with ten men. It has been like that for weeks now.

Agree 100%

Smartie
17-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Henderson has changed 2 games in 2 weeks when he's come on.

Should certainly start next week.

Mikey09
17-01-2016, 05:21 PM

Spot on mate. I really like Keatings but same as you, as a Striker. That's his position. Off topic I liked the look of Dagnall today in the short time he was on. Worked hard, decent touch. Intersting now as it will be Cummings, Dom, Keatings, Stokes and Dagnall fighting for starts!

SkintHibby
17-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Spot on mate. I really like Keatings but same as you, as a Striker. That's his position. Off topic I liked the look of Dagnall today in the short time he was on. Worked hard, decent touch. Intersting now as it will be Cummings, Dom, Keatings, Stokes and Dagnall fighting for starts!

Dagnall looked the biz when he came on and was impressed what Sutton said about him (considering he has seen more of the English game than most of us have over the last few years).

bingo70
17-01-2016, 05:25 PM

In his two games in that position he scored 5 goals, I don't understand why he was ever taken out of that position.

Henderson is inconsistent and regularly poor when he starts.

In hindsight it never worked but I completely understand Stubbs thinking, imo people are being very selective with their memories here

Callum_62
17-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Henderson is inconsistent and regularly poor when he starts.

In hindsight it never worked but I completely understand Stubbs thinking, imo people are being very selective with their memories here

:confused:

he probably our most creative player

Total disagree with Stubbs thinking - Keatings has contributed absolutely hee haw in about a month.....and today was probably his worst performance of the lot....id love to see stats on how often he kept possession

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Must admit I've not been that impressed by him and wasn't even concerned he didn't start.

Having said that we were a different team after he came on today. Hope he kicks on come here.

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Maybe fitness is a reason, looked very tired at times when he was playing every week. Was good when he came on and will hopefully start next week.

cabbageandribs1875
17-01-2016, 06:10 PM
the laddies still only 19 years old, still developing physically, get a few steak pies down the thrapple :)

greenlex
17-01-2016, 06:11 PM
He had a virus a few weeks ago and he has struggled since. Maybe thats why he is only getting 45 mins. He certainly changed the games the last two weeks. If fit he must start.

Scottie
17-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Must admit I've not been that impressed by him and wasn't even concerned he didn't start.

Having said that we were a different team after he came on today. Hope he kicks on come here.
This.

Always seem's to run out of gas toward's the end of a game when starting.

JJP
17-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Brought a hunger and urgency that was desperately missing from our play previous to his introduction.

J-C
17-01-2016, 06:17 PM
I thought he was beginning to look tired and maybe Stubbs noticed too, a wee rest this past week or two seems to have revived him, very good when he came on today, changed the game.

ancient hibee
17-01-2016, 06:17 PM
I've always thought that Keatings would get goals playing behind a front two but was very disappointed in his apparent lack of effort today.He actually walked around in midfield,persistently lost the ball and rarely made any attempt to get it back.Very poor.

Roxyhibee
17-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Said it before after first seeing him, Liam Henderson is a very high quality player and I love watching him in a Hibs jersey.

In case it has slipped the notice of a few saying he was running out of gas in recent games it's worth reminding again that the boy is still recovering from a pretty bad virus..

He's still only 19, got a couple of years of physical development to go, and yes, doesn't always make the right decision every time, but he is a superb footballer, mentally tough, with great vision - definite future Scotland player.

Nutmegged
17-01-2016, 06:47 PM
The lad is top quality, can be inconsistent but thats why he's here on loan, his vision and creativity is unrivalled in this Division IMO

yekimevol
17-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Absolute quality

Why Keatings would ever start infront of him is anyones guess

I half agree with you mate, I would have dropped Malonga and played henderson instead.

truehibernian
17-01-2016, 08:51 PM
I've always thought that Keatings would get goals playing behind a front two but was very disappointed in his apparent lack of effort today.He actually walked around in midfield,persistently lost the ball and rarely made any attempt to get it back.Very poor.

If you're not a midfielder and get asked to play there it can be difficult. Dom's lethargy didn't aid the cause today either. Too often we also played lofted balls forward first half or rushed passes - for me Keatings should have been sticking left and giving Lewis an option when we got final third. Proper width was non existent first half.

gaz1875
17-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Henderson played well when he came on today but as has been pointed out earlier he has struggled the last few matches he has started, possibly the rest has done him good...Keating's although being played slightly out of position is struggling to even control a pass or hit the ball clean, he had a half chance at the start which he totally scuffed, AS seems to be persevering with him for now which is detrimental to the teams performances.

Diclonius
17-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Would start Stokes for Keatings and Henderson for McGinn next week - McGinn needs a rest.

Golden Bear
17-01-2016, 09:16 PM
Keatings looked as though he'd been introduced to a football for the first time today but you don't become a bad player overnight. Every player has his ups and downs and hopefully he'll recover his form soon.

Leith Mo
17-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Might be wrong this time around so don't shoot me down on one wrong call if that's how it goes! Only saying what I've been told is in the talks. He's one of our own! 2 year deal. Before yous all get on my case I don't claim to be "ITK" only saying what I've heard and if I'm wrong then so be it.

Stuarty27
17-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Keatings looked as though he'd been introduced to a football for the first time today but you don't become a bad player overnight. Every player has his ups and downs and hopefully he'll recover his form soon.

I have no issue with someone not playing well but someone who is clearly hiding and not trying is not good enough.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Comfortable with both feet. Sign of a player that.

Ged
17-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Might be wrong this time around so don't shoot me down on one wrong call if that's how it goes! Only saying what I've been told is in the talks. He's one of our own! 2 year deal. Before yous all get on my case I don't claim to be "ITK" only saying what I've heard and if I'm wrong then so be it.

Henderson?

Pedantic_Hibee
17-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Henderson?

For his sake I hope not. Celtic would not sell him at all.

PatHead
17-01-2016, 09:43 PM
I have no issue with someone not playing well but someone who is clearly hiding and not trying is not good enough.

Totally uncalled for....

Andy74
17-01-2016, 10:53 PM
I half agree with you mate, I would have dropped Malonga and played henderson instead.

It would have been ridiculous to drop Malonga. He was brilliant last week and has been scoring in recent weeks.

IWasThere2016
17-01-2016, 10:58 PM
I can see us signing Henderson permanently.

J-C
17-01-2016, 11:03 PM

I would doubt it, highly rated at Parkhead.

Unseen work
17-01-2016, 11:03 PM
That's the sort of performance I expect from him

alot better today and took the game to the opposition

hibeemikey21
17-01-2016, 11:05 PM

So was Dylan

J-C
17-01-2016, 11:19 PM
So was Dylan

Couple of year between them and Dylan was punted every year on loan, think he got peed off waiting for his chance, at the moment Henderson is still young but if he gets overlooked too often he'll start thinking like Dylan and want a move away to get game time.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-01-2016, 11:52 PM

Celtic fan who I know well said Celtic have high hopes for him but think he might struggle to make the grade there. They think his younger brother will be better.

FWIW, I'd take him here on a permanent in a heartbeat. There loss would be our gain IMO.

Nutmegged
18-01-2016, 02:04 AM
Thats just someone's wishful thinking mate, he's only 19, he'll have plenty of opportunity to make it at Celtic before he leaves, he isn't "one of our own" as such either, his Granda is/was a Hibby but he himself is a Celtic fan, he'll believe he is good enough, Celtic themselves gave him a Five Year contract the day they loaned him out to us so don't be fooled into thinking they don't believe in him.

GreenLake
18-01-2016, 02:11 AM

I hope you are right.

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2016, 03:21 AM
I half agree with you mate, I would have dropped Malonga and played henderson instead.Ibrox showed why that is a horrible idea, Keatings/Cummings doesn't work.

J-C
18-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Celtic fan who I know well said Celtic have high hopes for him but think he might struggle to make the grade there. They think his younger brother will be better.

FWIW, I'd take him here on a permanent in a heartbeat. There loss would be our gain IMO.

Don't get me wrong I'd snap him up asap, I just thought he was very highly rated there and one for their future, if this isn't to be the case, try and sign him I say.

JimBHibees
18-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Ibrox showed why that is a horrible idea, Keatings/Cummings doesn't work.

I think it very much depends on who the opposition is. Think they played together v Livingston at home and we created loads of chances. At Ibrox we had much less of the ball and the service they got was very poor IMO. I think it is as simple as Keatings form has dipped, time for a few weeks on the bench possibly making an impact late in games.

JimBHibees
18-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Thats just someone's wishful thinking mate, he's only 19, he'll have plenty of opportunity to make it at Celtic before he leaves, he isn't "one of our own" as such either, his Granda is/was a Hibby but he himself is a Celtic fan, he'll believe he is good enough, Celtic themselves gave him a Five Year contract the day they loaned him out to us so don't be fooled into thinking they don't believe in him.

Agree they have just given him a long contract so absolutely no rush for them or him to move permanently. Maybe in a year or so's time if his status at Celtic hasnt changed.

allezsauzee
18-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Liam is a very good player and I'd like to see him in the team every week however I think we have recognise that he's only 19 and we have to be careful not to burn him out. It might well be that Stubbsie has agreed this with Celtic also.

GreenPJ
18-01-2016, 10:58 AM
Liam is a very good player and I'd like to see him in the team every week however I think we have recognise that he's only 19 and we have to be careful not to burn him out. It might well be that Stubbsie has agreed this with Celtic also.

All of our main midfielders (with the exception of Bartley and Thomson) are young and have had limited game time over the last 2 years - I think we are seeing a bit of fatigue in all of them which is why the performances have dropped a little over the last 4/5 weeks.

Spike Mandela
18-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Liam may have had a virus recently but I have felt you struggle to get 90mins out of him ever since he came here. Faded badly in games he has started so far imo.

Might be a stamina issue which I am sure can be improved, maybe has improved?