PDA

View Full Version : Abuse

Aldo
16-01-2016, 11:38 PM
This evening my family received a tirade of
Abuse from a number of yams following a discussion or a bit of banter on Twitter.

It's far to say I am up for a bit of banter however the messages I received today about what would happen to my girls was totally disgusting and well out of order. It's been reported but shows exactly what type of mindset our yam neighbours are all about.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-01-2016, 11:43 PM
They're **** mate. Best reported and ignored.

cameronw-hfc
17-01-2016, 02:40 AM
Never ever fails to surprise me anymore, really are **** :bitchy:

Nameless
17-01-2016, 06:47 AM
Aldo, the folk who hide behind their computer and abuse people are pathetic, cowardly pond life. Sadly, social media has given an outlet to these feckless morons to get the instant gratification they need from the abhorrent things they think and say. The things they say are bourne of poor education, lack of social skills and the need to feel important. They are representative of a group in society that should be pitied, as they live on Twitter or facebook, instead of the real world. They are not representative of anything else, regardless of which team they follow.

mjhibby
17-01-2016, 06:58 AM
Unfortunately they spoil most forums with their inane drivel and seemed especially obsessed with hibs and our Scottish cup history. The Scotsmen website is infested with them just waiting to post on a topic totally unrelated to their team. They are sad folk whose whole life is hertz and posting nonsense on websites and Facebook. They are to be pitied but some can get seriously out of hand.

Bristolhibby
17-01-2016, 07:04 AM
I presume it was reported to the Police and not just Twitter.

People are (rightly so) getting prosecuted for Twitter threats now.

(It's also why I never put pictures of my kids on Twitter, complete open public access).

J

green day
17-01-2016, 07:15 AM
They are sad folk whose whole life is hertz

I a completely unrepresentative poll of football fans in my work - I agree.

The jambos are like a cult to them - all well and good if they just concentrate on themselves.

I have thought for a long time that many of them are quite dangerous, their obsession with Hibs, and almost childlike stamping of the feet if anyone offers a different opinion.

Unfortunately some of them do think they can get away with anything, especially since they got away with the massive Romanov swindle / Admin with mere flesh wounds.

If you have been threatened on or off Twitter, go to the police.

JimBHibees
17-01-2016, 07:15 AM
I presume it was reported to the Police and not just Twitter.

People are (rightly so) getting prosecuted for Twitter threats now.

(It's also why I never put pictures of my kids on Twitter, complete open public access).

J

Agree definitely a matter for the police.

SouthMoroccoStu
17-01-2016, 08:15 AM
Unfortunately they spoil most forums with their inane drivel and seemed especially obsessed with hibs and our Scottish cup history. The Scotsmen website is infested with them just waiting to post on a topic totally unrelated to their team. They are sad folk whose whole life is hertz and posting nonsense on websites and Facebook. They are to be pitied but some can get seriously out of hand.

You're absolutely right

The Scotsman and Evening News article forums are a cesspool and breeding ground for their bile

I don't know any Hibees that post on it anymore

E10 Rifle
17-01-2016, 08:32 AM
The jambos are like a cult to them - all well and good if they just concentrate on themselves.

This is the crux of it - they are like a scabby dog desperately trying to mark their territory out beyond their own patch to make up for their lack of pedigree. I have one who is obsessed with whether one pub or another in Edinburgh is a 'Hearts pub'. So we came up with a simple formula to help him decide - if the pub doesn't have soap in the toilets, then it's a Hearts pub.

Aldo
17-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Looks like the responsible person has deleted the account. Been trying to find it this morning without success.

I was really surprised yesterday that the DM was removed. Not sure how they managed it but they did. Found that strange.

Mikey09
17-01-2016, 10:31 AM
I've not long made a Twitter account and can't believe the absolute tools out there. Social media can be fantastic. However it can be pretty vile and dangerous as well. You read some disgusting stuff, look at the persons account who posted it and in the header it says **** like "My wonderful kids mean everything to me." :faf:
Aye ok then mate!! Actually had a wee spat last night when some erse tweeted "so that's Hibs wi a Terrorist and a peedo (his spelling) playing up front for them!"
Asked for facts or evidence and was told to **** off ya Fenian ****. Nice eh?!

green day
17-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Looks like the responsible person has deleted the account. Been trying to find it this morning without success.

I was really surprised yesterday that the DM was removed. Not sure how they managed it but they did. Found that strange.

Seems clear that said individual is worried about the content.

But - nothing is deleted - they may not show on your device, but they are still on the twitter servers.

If you are serious about the level of threats to your family, and are minded to take it to the police, they can source it and deal with it.

If it happens again, screenshot it to make it easier to prove to the police.

Of course, if you know the person (which you may) then perhaps a quiet word would be enough??

Aldo
17-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Seems clear that said individual is worried about the content. But - nothing is deleted - they may not show on your device, but they are still on the twitter servers. If you are serious about the level of threats to your family, and are minded to take it to the police, they can source it and deal with it. If it happens again, screenshot it to make it easier to prove to the police. Of course, if you know the person (which you may) then perhaps a quiet word would be enough??

Cheers GD. Aware of the process and thanks. Was raging last night after a cracking day away (few bevvies) and rather than venting my anger on Twitter and getting myself in bother I turned to .net to vent instead.

This person will indeed suffer at some point in life and if it means a knock at the door from Jonny Law then so be it.

Edson Arantes
17-01-2016, 11:58 AM
When banter goes this far it is time to involve the police.

Bet they are not so damn brave face to face.

Aldo
17-01-2016, 12:19 PM
When banter goes this far it is time to involve the police. Bet they are not so damn brave face to face.

Indeed. They never are though those keyboard warriors.

Matters in hand thanks for the support