PDA

View Full Version : Taking our real "golden generation" to the match

Viva_Palmeiras
16-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Not long moved into our place. Lovely bloke over the road is in his 80s. He finds it difficult to get around and the few times we've spoken he's talked about the Hibs and saw the famous 5 play but he's not been in years. He actually suggested we take in a game and I'm up for that but...

He can't walk far so it'll need to be west stand lower methinks plus having read the thread about one of our own (Tommy Preston) struggling to walk to the game I wondered what the best plan is?

Obv as I'm not a relative I don't have a blue badge (don't think it's transferrable) but even if we got a taxi I'm wondering how close we'd get. I really need to be with him all the time I don't think dropping him off and parking up then returning myself is an option.

Thoughts/experiences much appreciated.

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2016, 08:30 PM
A taxi can drop you right outside the famous five turnstiles,you can't get any closer. After the game is more difficult unless you manage to go straight into behind the goals lounge and wait until crowds have cleared so taxi can get you in same place. Based on that I would go in FF and not the West with him. I done something similar with my Father in Law who was infirm.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Grand thanks for the advice what time would you recommend rocking up 2:20-2:30?

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Grand thanks for the advice what time would you recommend rocking up 2:20-2:30?

Certainly no earlier, you can get a taxi to there no problem before the game so not too early especially on a bitterly cold day.

villager
16-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Recommend delaying a visit until March/April because of the very cold weather.

heid the baw
16-01-2016, 09:20 PM
If he has a blue badge, then as long as he is with you, it's all good

Hibee87
16-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Few times ive spoke to guys who do the disabled parking they seem like no guys. I'm sure if you park on the St flair street hill and explain to them they would have no problem

P.s what a nice thing to do

Joe6-2
16-01-2016, 09:59 PM
Not long moved into our place. Lovely bloke over the road is in his 80s. He finds it difficult to get around and the few times we've spoken he's talked about the Hibs and saw the famous 5 play but he's not been in years. He actually suggested we take in a game and I'm up for that but...

He can't walk far so it'll need to be west stand lower methinks plus having read the thread about one of our own (Tommy Preston) struggling to walk to the game I wondered what the best plan is?

Obv as I'm not a relative I don't have a blue badge (don't think it's transferrable) but even if we got a taxi I'm wondering how close we'd get. I really need to be with him all the time I don't think dropping him off and parking up then returning myself is an option.

Thoughts/experiences much appreciated.

Well done mate, really nice of you!

Pretty Boy
16-01-2016, 10:06 PM
I took my Grandad last season who hadn't been in a while due to mobility issues.

We chose the FF upper because it has a lift to get you up there. He got dropped off outside the entrance to BTG about 2.30 and I took him up the lift located in there. Sat in the 4th row of the upper tier which meant minimal steps, took our time post game beforw going down the lift and he got picked up about 20-25 mins after full time.

No bother and once the weather improves and it warms up he plans to get along again this season.