PDA

View Full Version : Shef Wed v Leeds Ref......unbelievable.

Frazerbob
16-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Anyone watching?

Shef Wed making a sub before a Leeds free kick. Ref blows to let Leeds take the free kick and they score and the ref gives it. Turns out the player going off hadn't quite left the pitch and the sub hadn't come on, the 4th official calls the ref across. Goal chopped off and free kick retaken. The sub who came on then clears a certain goal off the line from the retake. Absolutely mental.

cabbageandribs1875
16-01-2016, 01:24 PM
to be fair the referee shouldn't have allowed the FK to be taken until the substitution had taken place, the sheff wed boy was only just past the centre circle on his rather long walk off

Frazerbob
16-01-2016, 01:30 PM
to be fair the referee shouldn't have allowed the FK to be taken until the substitution had taken place, the sheff wed boy was only just past the centre circle on his rather long walk off

Absolutely but you clearly hear his whistle to allow the free kick to be taken and he then clearly gives the goal. Are you allowed to reverse decisions like that? The ref's had an absolute nightmare.

O'Rourke3
16-01-2016, 01:37 PM
No idea of the score but if the defending team are going to make time-wasting substitutions defending a draw or a narrow lead and knowing the ref add's 30 secs for the change and they waste 60 trudging off- more refs that get the game going again the better for me. In the home game against Queens, we had a free kick yet the ref waited for the sub to take up position. Ball should be in play the second the sub steps on to the pitch.

Andy74
16-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Right decision in the end. The mistake was blowing to start play when the boy being subbed hadn't gone off yet.

He has realised after the goal was given so fair century then to take it back.

I don't think it was the sub that cleared off the line but it was a guy who possibly should have been sent off shortly before.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2016, 01:46 PM
I saw it and laughed, some of our refereeing is poor but it does happen all over the world not just Scotland.

And to be honest here, its only Leeds, not liked them for a long time. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
16-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Absolutely but you clearly hear his whistle to allow the free kick to be taken and he then clearly gives the goal. Are you allowed to reverse decisions like that? The ref's had an absolute nightmare.

and so did silvestri :agree:

No idea of the score but if the defending team are going to make time-wasting substitutions defending a draw or a narrow lead and knowing the ref add's 30 secs for the change and they waste 60 trudging off- more refs that get the game going again the better for me. In the home game against Queens, we had a free kick yet the ref waited for the sub to take up position. Ball should be in play the second the sub steps on to the pitch.

Leeds GK 2 Leeds 0

StevieT
16-01-2016, 02:11 PM

The referee can change his mind on any decision so long as the game hasn't restarted. Once restarted you cannot go back.

--------
16-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Wouldn't have happened in Revie's day.

Once the Don had bought a referee, that referee did exactly what the Don told him to do.

Or else.

Disallow a goal for DLU? Never!

MKHIBEE
16-01-2016, 04:43 PM
And to be honest here, its only Leeds, not liked them for a long time. :greengrin

I dislike them even more with Steve Evans in charge