PDA

View Full Version : Malonga/Cummings/Stokes

macca70
15-01-2016, 11:20 PM
So what do we think Will be Stubbsy's striking partnership?

Doubt he will try accommodate all 3, I would reckon Cummings & Stokes.

Or will he continue with Cummings & Malonga and make Stokes fight for his place in the starting line up with him initially starting on the bench?

I suspect Cummings and Malonga will feel hard done to by being dropped to make way for Stokes.

I fear that Malonga might go in the huff if Stokes comes straight in and takes his place but with Stokes cup tied for the semi, maybe Malonga can be our League Cup hero

Jim44
15-01-2016, 11:24 PM
I don't have the slightest doubt that Stokes main pre-condition will be that he gets maximum game time. Cummings and Malonga will be the losers in game time but if it works out, then let's go for it.

Thecat23
15-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Cummings & Stokes with Malonga just in the hole. Tip of the diamond so to speak. Think all 3 would thrive in this team getting goals!

Colr
15-01-2016, 11:28 PM
Stokes won't start but he'll play

macca70
15-01-2016, 11:28 PM
I don't have the slightest doubt that Stokes main pre-condition will be that he gets maximum game time. Cummings and Malonga will be the losers in game time but if it works out, then let's go for it.

Totally agree, I think that part of his own negotiations will have been assurance that he is a 1st team starter.

Think he will score a barrow load for remainder of the season IMO it's quite a drop in standard coming down to Championship.

macca70
15-01-2016, 11:30 PM
Cummings & Stokes with Malonga just in the hole. Tip of the diamond so to speak. Think all 3 would thrive in this team getting goals!

Hope your right as would love to see all 3 start but the tip of the diamond still requires an element of tracking back to help in midfield when we don't have the ball and not convinced Malonga has the work rate for that.

B.H.F.C
15-01-2016, 11:35 PM

Don't see Cummings losing out on much game time. Best striker this year by a distance. All the others have been in and out the team a bit and struggled for consistency.

Stokes and Cummings (unless he stops scoring which I dont think he will) will play. He'll try and get one other striker in the team after that most weeks I'd think.

MagicSwirlingShip
15-01-2016, 11:52 PM
Feel a wee bit sorry for Keatings.

But he has went right off the boil recently so it will be up to him to force his way back in the team.

We are looking very strong across all areas of the pitch now. Big up Stubbsy!

truehibernian
15-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Feel a wee bit sorry for Keatings.

But he has went right off the boil recently so it will be up to him to force his way back in the team.

We are looking very strong across all areas of the pitch now. Big up Stubbsy!

Keatings is a great wee player - this'll actually be a good incentive for him. He's still got a huge part to play. Hearts should never have released him. He's going to play a big part in the run in for me.

portyhibernian
15-01-2016, 11:58 PM
How is Stokes in terms of match fitness? Think I read on here he's only played twice this season?? If that's the case I think he might start on the bench, although I would imagine he'll get on at some point.

truehibernian
16-01-2016, 12:08 AM
How is Stokes in terms of match fitness? Think I read on here he's only played twice this season?? If that's the case I think he might start on the bench, although I would imagine he'll get on at some point.

He trains regularly and has been on the bench - we are in a league with Alloa, Dumbarton, Livi, etc.......he's some of the best stats in the SPL over the last few seasons.....he'll be ready !!

Zazu62
16-01-2016, 12:09 AM
What about dagnall?

macca70
16-01-2016, 12:11 AM

Looks like he might have been getting games in the u20 development games, which would have kept his match fitness up

macca70
16-01-2016, 12:14 AM
What about dagnall?

Yeah, forgot all about him.

Not fair to judge him on his 1st game against Raith as it will take time to bed him in, especially moving to another country.

I suspect he will be a 'squad player' and be a regular on the bench as these 3 will be ahead of him in starting order.

heidtheba
16-01-2016, 12:21 AM
Totally agree, I think that part of his own negotiations will have been assurance that he is a 1st team starter.

Think he will score a barrow load for remainder of the season IMO it's quite a drop in standard coming down to Championship.

I'm not clued up on these at all so hope this doesn't sound too daft to ask those in the know...
I'm assuming we wouldn't give anything contractual saying we HAD to play him in the first team if he was not what we were looking for? Would we possibly promise Celtic he would be a first team player and then get into problems with them if we didn't or would it just be a loan termination if he wasn't up to scratch?

Not doubting he would be but interested in the 'legalities' as it were.

portyhibernian
16-01-2016, 12:28 AM
I'm not clued up on these at all so hope this doesn't sound too daft to ask those in the know...
I'm assuming we wouldn't give anything contractual saying we HAD to play him in the first team if he was not what we were looking for? Would we possibly promise Celtic he would be a first team player and then get into problems with them if we didn't or would it just be a loan termination if he wasn't up to scratch?

Not doubting he would be but interested in the 'legalities' as it were.

I think things like that would be more of a gentleman's agreement rather than something written into the contract??

heidtheba
16-01-2016, 12:39 AM
I think things like that would be more of a gentleman's agreement rather than something written into the contract??

Great - ty!

sleeping giant
16-01-2016, 03:21 AM
If he's fit , I would love to start with all 3. I wo

Libby Hibby
16-01-2016, 05:17 AM
What about dagnall?

Everything I have heard has been positive. An ex pro said it was a proper coup that we had signed him.

But what Stubbs has now is options. Others may disagree but we were too reliant on Cummings, now we have 5 strikers with the 3 mentioned, Keatings and Dagnall to choose from which gives Stubbs 5 strikers who will contribute.

It didn't work out for them but replacing Feruz and Anier with Stokes and Dagnall releases the burden on JC a bit but will also provide real, proper competition for the strikers which can only be good for the side as a whole.

Really excited about what is going on at ER just now.

California-Hibs
16-01-2016, 05:33 AM
Enjoy folks, we're gonna now hand out some heavy score lines!

Cocaine&Caviar
16-01-2016, 07:37 AM
When is Insall due back?

hibsbollah
16-01-2016, 07:40 AM
They can play at being Neymar/Suarez/Messi at drills at EM.

Who gets to be wee Lionel? Or is that McGinn? :dunno:

Aldo
16-01-2016, 07:53 AM
A formation of 4 3 2 1
With Cummings and Stokes playing in behind Dom (I think he is a must as he can hold onto the ball and runs the channels well), leaving Stokes and Cummings the space to thrive.

Back 4 picks itself IMHO with McGinn & Dylan also certs to start.

Hibeesforever
16-01-2016, 08:08 AM
Tremendous signing, provided Stokes is a team player of course. Winning teams are good dressing rooms. We have a treble of fronts to win silverware, so confident this will go well. Focus now on Falkirk, beat them and the Rangers will be next in our sights. I would play as many strikers as possible.

lord bunberry
16-01-2016, 08:12 AM
I only have to think about a front 3 of Malonga, Cummings and Stokes and I'm nursing a semi.

AlbertK86
16-01-2016, 09:26 AM

Agree. When Dom dropped into the tip of the diamond last week we started to play better and he got himself far more involved

Aldo
16-01-2016, 09:28 AM
Agree. When Dom dropped into the tip of the diamond last week we started to play better and he got himself far more involved

Agreed however I think Stokes would also be very good in there.

Hibernia&Alba
16-01-2016, 09:30 AM
I only have to think about a front 3 of Malonga, Cummings and Stokes and I'm nursing a semi.

:greengrin

Aye, lots of options and competition for places up front.

stoneyburn hibs
16-01-2016, 09:31 AM
Agreed however I think Stokes would also be very good in there.

Not for me, Stokes has to be up top.

neil7908
16-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Against most sides in this league we should be starting with 3 forwards - Cummings, Stokes and Malonga for me. It's then up to Boyle, Dagnall and Keatings to work there way into the team

Billy Whizz
16-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Plenty of games coming up to use all the front men. Got 3 midweek games coming up, as well as a possible cup replay

E10 Rifle
16-01-2016, 10:07 AM

Personally I think Dagnall would work better than Malonga in the hole (as suggested). I remember him as being a far better team player up front than I've seen from Malonga and would bring the other two into the game a bit more, but whatever way you cut it it looks pretty exciting.

KeithTheHibby
16-01-2016, 12:04 PM
I think tomorrow we will see a line up like this...

Oxley

Gray (if fit) or McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGeogh
McGinn
Bartley
Henderson

Cummings
Malonga

Fyvie and Stokes on the bench. This is one of our toughest games of the season so I can't see Keatings starting hence the 4-4-2.

Very confident of a win either way.

iainm1875
17-01-2016, 07:13 AM
So what do we think Will be Stubbsy's striking partnership?

Doubt he will try accommodate all 3, I would reckon Cummings & Stokes.

Or will he continue with Cummings & Malonga and make Stokes fight for his place in the starting line up with him initially starting on the bench?

I suspect Cummings and Malonga will feel hard done to by being dropped to make way for Stokes.

I fear that Malonga might go in the huff if Stokes comes straight in and takes his place but with Stokes cup tied for the semi, maybe Malonga can be our League Cup hero

According to Wikipedia, Stokes has not played in either cup competition.

JimBHibees
17-01-2016, 07:20 AM
According to Wikipedia, Stokes has not played in either cup competition.

He was on the bench in their league cup game v Raith which I think rules him out even though he didn't get on the pitch.

McKenzie
17-01-2016, 12:24 PM
I salivate at the thought of Jason Stokesy and Dom up front together. I would be confident of handing a few doings out with them up top