PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who isn't going just now

PatHead
15-01-2016, 11:25 PM
We have all had our reasons to stop going and got out of the habit over the last few years. Since the Leeann revolution started things have improved dramatically. This signing shows the board are backing the manager and that HSL and individual shareholders have made a difference to getting the club back where we belong. We still need more fans on the terracing though.

If you haven't come for a while come back and join us in the stands. You might even enjoy it.

Come on and see what is going on. What else can they do to bring you back?

:gwa:

Thecat23
15-01-2016, 11:44 PM
Well said.

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2016, 11:49 PM
win on sunday and hopefully at least another 1,000 on the gate v St.mirren a week tomorrow

PatHead
16-01-2016, 12:03 AM
win on sunday and hopefully at least another 1,000 on the gate v St.mirren a week tomorrow

Hope so. Need all the support we can get.

monktonharp
16-01-2016, 01:16 AM
win on sunday and hopefully at least another 1,000 on the gate v St.mirren a week tomorrow:agree:a win would do wonders for increasing the crowd against the buddies. especially if we pack out our end, with it being televised, and the obvious bonus would be Stokes wearing a Hibs strip on Sunday,or the next week.

SanFranHibs
16-01-2016, 02:06 AM
If i was there i would definitely be going.

Club is trying its best.

:flag:

Dashing Bob S
16-01-2016, 02:32 AM
I'm going back. I'm sold.

Ozyhibby
16-01-2016, 02:57 AM
And sign up for HSL while your at it.
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
16-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Hope so. Need all the support we can get.

:agree:a win would do wonders for increasing the crowd against the buddies. especially if we pack out our end, with it being televised, and the obvious bonus would be Stokes wearing a Hibs strip on Sunday,or the next week.

8,911 attendance when we last played st.mirren at ER at the end of september, i'm sure everyone will be hoping for at least a 10,000+ gate this time around :agree:

Jack
16-01-2016, 10:33 AM
We have all had our reasons to stop going and got out of the habit over the last few years. Since the Leeann revolution started things have improved dramatically. This signing shows the board are backing the manager and that HSL and individual shareholders have made a difference to getting the club back where we belong. We still need more fans on the terracing though.

If you haven't come for a while come back and join us in the stands. You might even enjoy it.

:gwa:

It's often said that winning matches will bring the fans back and I said it too.

We went on a massive winning run and still it's only 1, one, defeat in something like 18 games and the fans aren't flocking back.

I think that may have been because of too many close run things in a league where we should, as a club that's run like a top club and charges the same as top clubs, weren't knocking them in for fun in this league. Folk weren't impressed.

Hopefully Stokes will make the difference.

There's no doubt also the next few weeks will be shuge.

The right results in the cups, racking up goals in the league might bring wanderers back home :-)

Lucius Apuleius
16-01-2016, 10:50 AM
I'll be back permanent when I get a blue badge. Till then I have to suffer!

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Very tempted now. :agree:

HibsNutter
16-01-2016, 11:23 AM
A win against second placed Falkirk might convince a few people, a defeat however would kill the buzz for the time being and would put a few people off. Vital we win for more than just three points.

Ged
16-01-2016, 11:24 AM
Definitely. If you can afford it and you're available then it's time to come back.

jingler1954
16-01-2016, 11:25 AM

:gwa:I'd love for us to get bigger crowds than the Gorgie mob and shut them up about big team wee team. GGTTH

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-01-2016, 11:27 AM
If the criteria for the missing numbers is that we need to be in the SPL then there can't be any real expectation that anything we do in the Championship, other than get out of it, will change that.

Lucius Apuleius
16-01-2016, 06:29 PM
I'd love for us to get bigger crowds than the Gorgie mob and shut them up about big team wee team. GGTTH

Being above them in the league would shut them up quicker.

Dibben
16-01-2016, 06:33 PM
I'm getting a ST with my wee lad next season. Hoping details are announced fairly soon!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Well said. Lets back them, they deserve it. Put it this way, if you're not coming to games you are missing out.

Ronniekirk
16-01-2016, 07:02 PM
If the criteria for the missing numbers is that we need to be in the SPL then there can't be any real expectation that anything we do in the Championship, other than get out of it, will change that.

I think we have shifted a reasonable amount of half season tickets and if we can keep the title race nip and tuck then we we could see another small increase ( apart from cup games against teams in the league above us or later stages of cups )
Fall further behind Rangers and we will plateau till play offs

But one thing is for sure the Board have backed Stubbs to the best of their ability and they can't do anymore at this stage i. It is now down to fans to decide if they are prepared to come back on board now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dalianwanda
16-01-2016, 07:09 PM

Finally.....Done :thumbsup:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-01-2016, 07:11 PM

Done, cheers :aok:

theonlywayisup
16-01-2016, 07:21 PM
Well I'm not going back until:

The team starts winning
I start to see some good exciting play
Players show me that they want it, they will put their bodies on the line for Hibernian FC
We have a manager who doesn't talk a load of rubbish
A board who support our aspirations to be one of the best in Scotland

Oh wait...................

Yes, I know Petrie and Farmer are still there...........

But everything else is in place, so what shouldn't I go back?

TBH I never left, Hibernian is in the blood and my boys would never let me give up on them GGTTH

lord bunberry
16-01-2016, 07:56 PM
I'll be back permanent when I get a blue badge. Till then I have to suffer!
Have you tried parking in lochend gardens? As long as you don't leave it too late you can normally get a space no problem. Most people park up on the grass on the left hand side and its five minutes to the ground. I understand that might still be too far, but it's something to consider.

Ozyhibby
16-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Finally.....Done :thumbsup:

Brilliant.

Ozyhibby
16-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Done, cheers :aok:

Great news. It's making a massive difference. I don't know the exact figures but it's probably putting about £25k a month into Alan Stubbs budget already. That's massive in Scottish Football.

lyonhibs
16-01-2016, 08:25 PM
I'd ****ing love to be going. Have a great day tomorrow hibees!!!

monktonharp
16-01-2016, 08:34 PM
But one thing is for sure the Board have backed Stubbs to the best of their ability and they can't do anymore at this stage i. It is now down to fans to decide if they are prepared to come back on board now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]there is no doubt that the board have backed our present manager, who has the drive to get where he wants. his initial target being to get us out of this league, and where he goes after , don't know. the set up at ER is now perfect, everything in place. all that's needed is a final push to get us back where we do belong, and winning the odd trophy.

lord bunberry
16-01-2016, 08:39 PM

:agree: It's put up or shut up time. What happened in the past is gone now, we need to embrace the new dawn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkthere is no doubt that the board have backed our present manager, who has the drive to get where he wants. his initial target being to get us out of this league, and where he goes after , don't know. the set up at ER is now perfect, everything in place. all that's needed is a final push to get us back where we do belong, and winning the odd trophy.[/QUOTE]

California-Hibs
16-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Id love to be there again, you guys able to go are so so lucky. 'Distance makes the heart grow stronger' oh how true that's been for 4 years now. Miss attending the games terribly!!

PatHead
16-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Id love to be there again, you guys able to go are so so lucky. 'Distance makes the heart grow stronger' oh how true that's been for 4 years now. Miss attending the games terribly!!

Well come home then and stop swanning around in that California place! :greengrin

You could be here in the freezing conditions with more snow.

California-Hibs
16-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Well come home then and stop swanning around in that California place! :greengrin

You could be here in the freezing conditions with more snow.

Problem is the heats turned me into a big pansey :greengrin ....So I have to stay :na na:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-01-2016, 09:14 PM
I get that some people can't afford it etc but it's the STF and Petrie excuses that annoy me. Especially when Leeann is the one pulling the strings.

Green Man
16-01-2016, 11:30 PM
I haven't been this season, mainly because of childcare and the Mrs working, but I'm itching to get back. My 5 year old boy has been asking to go back as well. Looking at going to Livi away and Alloa home.

Golden Bear
16-01-2016, 11:45 PM
I get that some people can't afford it etc but it's the STF and Petrie excuses that annoy me. Especially when Leeann is the one pulling the strings.

Yip. That's a really lame one which only applies to a certain poster and a few of his mates. Hit the ignore button on that one.

PatHead
16-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Yip. That's a really lame one which only applies to a certain poster and a few of his mates. Hit the ignore button on that one.

Don't think there are too many of them these days.

Simply fans who got disillusioned, have got out the habit and are not coming nowadays. Also young families are needed. The next generation are vital to our future.

B.H.F.C
17-01-2016, 12:11 AM
Stubbs said in his Hibs TV interview that he feels the support is building.

Another sold out away end tomorrow after taking 3.5k to Kirkcaldy shows that. We got up over 10k Hibs fans at the home game against Raith a few weeks ago which was an improvement on what we've seen most of the season. Granted you sometimes get more for festive fixtures but definitely something to build on with half season tickets now valid.

To keep it building we need to keep this title race properly alive so dropping any points tomorrow isn't an option.

Lucius Apuleius
17-01-2016, 07:31 AM
Have you tried parking in lochend gardens? As long as you don't leave it too late you can normally get a space no problem. Most people park up on the grass on the left hand side and its five minutes to the ground. I understand that might still be too far, but it's something to consider.

Thanks mate. I'll have a look on Google Earth. That's the other side of the stadium I think?

Geo_1875
17-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Problem is the heats turned me into a big pansey :greengrin ....So I have to stay :na na:

Yeah, blame the heat

Golden Bear
17-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Don't think there are too many of them these days.

Simply fans who got disillusioned, have got out the habit and are not coming nowadays. Also young families are needed. The next generation are vital to our future.

:agree:

100% correct.

Hermit Crab
17-01-2016, 11:00 AM
I'm getting a ST with my wee lad next season. Hoping details are announced fairly soon!

Won't be announced until we know what division we are going to be playing in...