PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths celebration

munchar
15-01-2016, 09:37 PM
:rules: That's 2 games in a row now that he's patted the badge after scoring!
In the "staunch Hibby" rule book, I'm sure it says, "though shall not show allegiance to any other football team, no matter what the circumstances are!!!" One of our own? :dunno:

Shrekko
15-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Sparky has probably attended more Hibs games this season than a good chunk of our fan base.

MagicSwirlingShip
In the "staunch Hibby" rule book, I'm sure it says, "though shall not show allegiance to any other football team, no matter what the circumstances are!!!" One of our own? :dunno:

Money talks, sadly :agree:

Still loves battering them in against the Jambos though, that'll do for me :thumbsup:

linlithgowhibbie
Did he he booked for taking his strip top off.

Did he get booked at Stranraer for going into the crowd?

Greencore
15-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Time to move on and look to the future. Good player, good hibby, showing support for the team who pays for his toilet roll. Who cares.

Jonnyboy
Will there be equivalent outrage on Kerrydale Street I wonder, when Stokes does the same after scoring for Hibs? :wink:

The_Sauz
Did he he booked for taking his strip top off.

Did he get booked at Stranraer for going into the crowd?
He got booked tonight after his goal!

truehibernian
15-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Griffiths will go down in history books as a Celtic player more than a Hibs player. Not interested in him now.

Always be a Hibs fan though - that's the main thing !

Viva_Palmeiras
15-01-2016, 09:53 PM
What was the 60? Thing? His 60th? (Sorry watched the little I did with sound down)

He doesn't owe us anything. He carried us pretty much on his own for a large chunk of Pats reign getting us out of jail creating something outta nothing. He wasn't even our player. He's even got into trouble over his going along to support us and yet here we are with this thread? Astounding and disparing how fear and self loathing creeps in...

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2016, 09:57 PM
What was the 60? Thing? His 60th? (Sorry watched the little I did with sound down)

He doesn't owe us anything. He carried us pretty much on his own for a large chunk of Pats reign getting us out of jail creating something outta nothing. He wasn't even our player. He's even got into trouble over his going along to support us and yet here we are with this thread? Astounding and disparing how fear and self loathing creeps in...

50 wasn't it? For his 50th goal I think.

SeanWilson
15-01-2016, 09:59 PM

Guy gets paid a fortune to score goals for fun.... Good on him.... He can do whatever the F he wants.... Done his part for us when given the opportunity.

Bostonhibby
15-01-2016, 10:00 PM

He's a hibby, always has been, looks likely to always be. He is a professional footballer and seems to enjoy scoring in front of the fans of the team who pay his wages - I'd rather he didn't but I have no doubt about the team he supports, can't always say that:wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-01-2016, 10:03 PM
He can pat what he wants. Didn't like him kissing their badge last season though [emoji40]
I'm sure he'll be at Falkirk on Sunday. Can't question his commitment

Vini1875
15-01-2016, 10:05 PM
I just think he is a guy who creates attachments with the fans. He did the same at Dundee and remained very respectful to their fans when he scored for Hibs. The guy is a Hibby, of that there is no doubt.

Scottie
15-01-2016, 10:07 PM
Not interested in him or anything else he does. He's nothing to do with Hibs anymore.

high bee
15-01-2016, 10:10 PM
I just think he is a guy who creates attachments with the fans. He did the same at Dundee and remained very respectful to their fans when he scored for Hibs. The guy is a Hibby, of that there is no doubt.

Dundee fan I work with never shuts up about LG. He's always saying "eh, Sperky loves the Dee like."

Waxy
15-01-2016, 10:11 PM
He's a Hibby.Fact.

Carheenlea
15-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Footballers playing the game professionally can never be fans in the way the hardened supporter follows their team, but Leigh Griffiths is as close as you will get in that regard. As has already been pointed out - he will be at more Hibs games over the course of a season than many on this board. I don't watch Celtic games on telly so not really that fussed what he does when celebrating goals with them. He is still a Hibs supporter regardless.

Diclonius
15-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Sparky has probably attended more Hibs games this season than a good chunk of our fan base.

To be fair, I've forgotten about that. Hopefully he won't have any further business with Celtic after he's gone. :greengrin

GreenCastle
15-01-2016, 10:21 PM

:greengrin

Sadly this is true.

He could easily break several records playing for them.

The mad thing is that a few years ago this could and should have been Riordan but Strachan didn't play him.

LG wasn't getting a game then Delia has to play him = goals goals goals!

He surely has to play for Scotland from the start.

MagicSwirlingShip
15-01-2016, 10:29 PM
Has anyone got a copy of the Leigh Griffiths blog featuring Jocky Scott?

I've been trying to hunt it down for months but can't seem to find it anywhere. Teckle

munchar
15-01-2016, 10:35 PM

What are you going on about??

I made a lighthearted observation. I never belittled his time with us as a player or fan.

Oh, by the way, the 60 thing was a 50 thing. That was his 50th goal for them, that he foolishly got booked for.

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2016, 10:39 PM
always defended sparky...but i do wish he would tone it down a bit whilst at the mhanky mob :) got another 5 years of it too :rolleyes: until he comes to ER on loan :greengrin

snooky
15-01-2016, 11:24 PM
"Griffiths 'not for sale at any price' " - Ronnie Deila

Well, how's about a wee loan then? :whistle:

silverhibee
15-01-2016, 11:28 PM
always defended sparky...but i do wish he would tone it down a bit whilst at the mhanky mob :) got another 5 years of it too :rolleyes: until he comes to ER on loan :greengrin

Will be down South in the summer.

truehibernian
15-01-2016, 11:30 PM

Norwich ?

Jim44
15-01-2016, 11:33 PM
"Griffiths 'not for sale at any price' " - Ronnie Deila

Well, how's about a wee loan then? :whistle:

Delilah's a tw*t who wouldn't recognise a footballer if he saw one. Griffiths was not quoted until the Norwegian realised he was struggling and had to gamble with a player who should have been in his team long, long before. It's almost as if he is taking credit for discovering a talent which was under his nose all the time. Delilah is a complete nobody who will disappear from the scene when he is sacked in September.

essexhibee
15-01-2016, 11:34 PM
Guy is clearly a die in the wool hibee doesn't even need to be questioned. He is employed by celtic after all whats he meant to do show no emotion when he scores?

Hibs is in the guys blood! :agree:

munchar
15-01-2016, 11:45 PM
Guy is clearly a die in the wool hibee doesn't even need to be questioned. He is employed by celtic after all whats he meant to do show no emotion when he scores?

Hibs is in the guys blood! :agree:

A "die in the wool Hibby" wouldn't pat another teams badge, and definitely wouldn't kiss another badge.
No problem about him celebrating scoring though. Respect for his employers and supporters.
But the only badge I would salivate over is the famous cabbage.

IMO off course. :hibees

Haymaker
15-01-2016, 11:53 PM
Hopefully near me, would love to watch him bang goals in

silverhibee
15-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Norwich ?

Don't no TH, but if he continues in the form he is in then it's more than likely a EPL club will come calling for him in the summer, and celtc will invest some of the money in a up in coming player and the factory at celtc continues, they seem to sell a player each summer for big money for a player that they paid so little for.

The lad has screwed the nut through the West and he is reaping the rewards for it, which will more than likely culminate in a big move in the summer for him, which i think he will move, he has played to the fans of each club he has been at, I doubt he will have any qualms about leaving celtc in the summer, and the kids will be wearing some EPL tops. :wink::greengrin

God luck to him.

silverhibee
16-01-2016, 12:08 AM
Hopefully near me, would love to watch him bang goals in

Spurs :tee hee:

truehibernian
16-01-2016, 12:14 AM
Don't no TH, but if he continues in the form he is in then it's more than likely a EPL club will come calling for him in the summer, and celtc will invest some of the money in a up in coming player and the factory at celtc continues, they seem to sell a player each summer for big money for a player that they paid so little for.

The lad has screwed the nut through the West and he is reaping the rewards for it, which will more than likely culminate in a big move in the summer for him, which i think he will move, he has played to the fans of each club he has been at, I doubt he will have any qualms about leaving celtc in the summer, and the kids will be wearing some EPL tops. :wink::greengrin

God luck to him.

He's like Deek SH....a homebird - love the pair of them. I wish Derek had gone down south sooner but regards Leigh I actually think he's a more complete player for both sides of the border (sorry bud, my opinion).

Leigh is like a Scottish Shane Long - you know my thoughts on Deek - natural talent hasn't graced ER since he left - but Leigh is the more rounded player in these times.

I wish Leigh would go down south - I think right now he'd smash it !

Haymaker
16-01-2016, 12:27 AM
Spurs :tee hee:

I would literally chunder everytime I saw him in that filthy shirt.

Boyle89
16-01-2016, 12:31 AM
51 in 86 for Celtic. If he keeps going at that rate he will chase down a few records I imagine. Had a rate of a goal every other game for us, which is some achievement given how poor we were at the time.

Forza Fred
16-01-2016, 02:38 AM
Not interested in him or anything else he does. He's nothing to do with Hibs anymore.

After witnessing his efforts FOR us in the past, and knowing he is a Hibs supporter, I'll always be interested in him.

sleeping giant
16-01-2016, 02:50 AM

I couldnt care less.
Would you pat he celtic badge ?

Piss of Griffiths

sleeping giant
16-01-2016, 02:52 AM
After witnessing his efforts FOR us in the past, and knowing he is a Hibs supporter, I'll always be interested in him.

Forza , you have posted here for many many years and i always enjoy your opinion as an overseas fan , but FFS man. Would you pat the celtic badge ?

Unforgivable in my opinion and yes i am 44 :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2016, 03:01 AM
Sparky has probably attended more Hibs games this season than a good chunk of our fan base.So has Petrie, doesn't really mean anything.

Griffiths can GTF.

Phil MaGlass
16-01-2016, 08:16 AM
I think he is patting the badge to tell the unwashed that he is 100% playing for them and has the clubs interests first. Don't see a problem myself.

trev the hat
16-01-2016, 08:36 AM
A "die in the wool Hibby" wouldn't pat another teams badge, and definitely wouldn't kiss another badge.
No problem about him celebrating scoring though. Respect for his employers and supporters.
But the only badge I would salivate over is the famous cabbage.

IMO off course. :hibees

You've been playin 🤔

Liam89
16-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Who cares what he does, he's clearly a hibs fan that's showing emotion whilst doing his job - if that really bothers you then stop checking up on what he's doing.

munchar
16-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Who cares what he does, he's clearly a hibs fan that's showing emotion whilst doing his job - if that really bothers you then stop checking up on what he's doing.

Wasn't "checking up". Seen goals on sky sports news. And he can do whatever he wants. None of my business. Personally, the only badge i would pat/kiss is the team I support! But that's just my opinion.

anon1875
16-01-2016, 11:28 PM
I'd rather it be celtic than any other team in that league.

DH1875
17-01-2016, 12:24 AM
I'd rather it be celtic than any other team in that league.

Celtic, nuff said.

GreenLake
17-01-2016, 12:31 AM
I would literally chunder everytime I saw him in that filthy shirt.

Just like the Hibs away shirt.

Haymaker
17-01-2016, 12:38 AM
Just like the Hibs away shirt.

no it isn't! It is a filthy rag!

proud_and_green
17-01-2016, 01:44 AM

Jeez, did you not get your favourite dinner tonight....?