15-01-2016, 12:58 PM
Anyone take him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
Not for me.

Hibernian Verse
Yes, as long as his wage demands can be met without stretching the budget.

Hibeesmad
15-01-2016, 12:59 PM
If he was willing to play for free again

CallumLaidlaw
15-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Nope. Already have Mcgeouch, Mcginn, Fyvie, Bartley, Henderson that are better than him.

DarrenSQH
15-01-2016, 01:00 PM
Hes going to be a coach at Hibs.

SeanWilson
15-01-2016, 01:01 PM
Nope. Already have Mcgeouch, Mcginn, Fyvie, Bartley, Henderson that are better than him.

:agree: and playing in that role, he'd be suspended/injured more than he'd play. His time has passed.

Brightside
15-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Anyone take him?

Spartans?

FromTheCapital
15-01-2016, 01:04 PM

In terms of ability, he'd be near the top of that list. Only injury hampers him.

SeanWilson
15-01-2016, 01:07 PM
In terms of ability, he'd be near the top of that list. Only injury hampers him.

Aye, 10 years ago! No way he'd get in the team ahead of any of them, to slow and cant keep his temper in.

MoscowHibs
15-01-2016, 01:07 PM
Hes going to be a coach at Hibs.

There is more chance of him driving a coach for Hibs.

Ozyhibby
15-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Na, we have a happy dressing room just now.

FromTheCapital
15-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Aye, 10 years ago! No way he'd get in the team ahead of any of them, to slow and cant keep his temper in.

Opinions mate.

I happen to disagree and think he could still do a job. In any case, I think we'd probably see him as a player/coach imo.

heretoday
15-01-2016, 01:14 PM
No thank you.

Greenworld
15-01-2016, 01:15 PM
No chance finished too slow

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2016, 01:16 PM
No we need to stop looking back and continue the way we are currently going......FORWARD.

Willis1875
15-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Will come to Hibs along with Stokes IMO

Bad Martini
15-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Nope. His time has defnitely come and gone.

:aok:

easty
15-01-2016, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't even take him back if he was willing to play for free. Was a great player back in his first spell with us, but he was crap the season we were relegated. Butcher maybe didn't use him enough, but when he was used, he didn't contribute much.

Hope he can find himself a club, but he's nowhere near good enough for us.

Dunbar Hibee
15-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Anyone take him?

Nah.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Take him in a coaching role defo but not as a player again. Constantly injured. Passed his best now!

.Sean.
15-01-2016, 01:27 PM
100%. He should've been kept in when we were relegated.

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Take him in a coaching role defo but not as a player again. Constantly injured. Passed his best now!

Is he a good coach? What badges has he got?

Winston Ingram
15-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Anyone take him?

Too right. He'd be perfect for the base of the diamond

easty
15-01-2016, 01:29 PM

Dunno if he's got badges, but I'm sure he was helping out at Edinburgh United a while back.

FromTheCapital
15-01-2016, 01:30 PM
Too right. He'd be perfect for the base of the diamond

Exactly what I thought mate.

I for one would take him ahead of Fyvie imo. I don't mind Fraser but his attributes on the ball are often poor.

Winston Ingram
15-01-2016, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't even take him back if he was willing to play for free. Was a great player back in his first spell with us, but he was crap the season we were relegated. Butcher maybe didn't use him enough, but when he was used, he didn't contribute much.

Hope he can find himself a club, but he's nowhere near good enough for us.

tbf he was excellent when he played. If he'd started the playoff 2nd leg we'd likely still be in the prem.

snooky
15-01-2016, 01:32 PM

Yep, he's missed the bus. :cb

easty
15-01-2016, 01:34 PM
tbf he was excellent when he played. If he'd started the playoff 2nd leg we'd likely still be in the prem.

No he wasn't.

As for the second leg of the playoff, he did come on, when we were only a goal down, and did nowt.

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Dunno if he's got badges, but I'm sure he was helping out at Edinburgh United a while back.

What standard is that? Was his coaching good?

DarrenSQH
15-01-2016, 01:35 PM

He met stubbs earlier this week.

He will be in the coaching set up I heard.

Fergus52
15-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Some posters need to get out of the past

He's been honking for a while now.

MagicSwirlingShip
Exactly what I thought mate.

I for one would take him ahead of Fyvie imo. I don't mind Fraser but his attributes on the ball are often poor.

Astounding post. Thomson couldn't run for a bus never mind put in half the amount work that Fyvie puts in to keep our midfield ticking over.

easty
What standard is that? Was his coaching good?

Juniors. Dunno if his coaching was good or not, I wasn't there, I just remember reading about it. They were probably better then than they are now though!

KeithTheHibby
15-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Anyone asked the question as to why he has been released? He was club captain after all.

Can only be down to him constantly being injured. Not sure why any Hibs fans would want him back considering his injuries.

We are also pretty well off midfield wise and Bartley can do the exact job KT can do only better.

Iceman1875
15-01-2016, 01:39 PM
He's a hibee. I'd take him back but not in a playing capacity as I'm not sure what he would offer that we don't already have.

At Easter Road we play...

KeithTheHibby
15-01-2016, 01:40 PM

That was almost 18 months ago. Unfortunately he isn't what we need right now.

MB62
15-01-2016, 01:44 PM
I'd take him back. I think half season tickets are still available if he fancies buying one, he can even sit beside me, I wouldn't object.

Edson Arantes
15-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Let me get this straight.

Some folk on here would take back Deeks but wouldn't even gamble on Katie?

:confused::confused:

SeanWilson
15-01-2016, 01:46 PM
He's a hibee. I'd take him back but not in a playing capacity as I'm not sure what he would offer that we don't already have.

I'm a hibee... i'm away to call Leeann for a job!

easty
15-01-2016, 01:49 PM

Who said that?

Big_Franck
15-01-2016, 01:52 PM
No chance. He was past it when we signed him the last time and he did nothing of note at Dundee. Add to that the fact he's very injury prone and I can't see Stubbs even considering it.

Dunfermline or the like will be his next move i'd think.

FromTheCapital
15-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Anyone asked the question as to why he has been released? He was club captain after all.

Can only be down to him constantly being injured. Not sure why any Hibs fans would want him back considering his injuries.

We are also pretty well off midfield wise and Bartley can do the exact job KT can do only better.

He left the club as he has been offered a move to ER as player/coach it seems.

07BigD
15-01-2016, 01:58 PM
I would like to see him signed even if just for cover/coaching as suggested

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Edson Arantes
15-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Who said that?

The folk that said no to taking Kevin back.

Lots were willing to have Derek back when he was training with us a few weeks ago.

happiehibbie
15-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Unfortunately Kevin injuries have caught up with him he said to me one day he gets injured getting out the car ! He will concentrate on coaching and his passion hunting

bigwheel
15-01-2016, 02:05 PM
Unfortunately Kevin injuries have caught up with him he said to me one day he gets injured getting out the car ! He will concentrate on coaching and his passion hunting

jeez - he is not a liberal type then....:rolleyes:

Jim44
15-01-2016, 02:06 PM
I think his playing days are over but in a coaching role, fine. Am I correct in saying that he left us the last time because he was persecuted by Butcher for speaking his mind?

lyonhibs
15-01-2016, 02:06 PM
No we need to stop looking back and continue the way we are currently going......FORWARD.

:agree::agree:

Hibs and especially Hibs fans have a perplexing fatuation with players coming back to us, years after their peak. Sometimes it works well (Riordan's 2nd spell was decent, if not as dazzling as his first) and sometimes it doesn't.

Either way, as a default mindset, thinking players we have fond memories of can still "do a job" XYZ years after they last actually did one in a Hibs strip is odd and I for one am glad that Stubbs doesn't seem to share that level of sentimentality.

Let him come in and train to get his fitness up and if his knees have magically healed and his ability remains in all its glory and he's willing to sign purely on a "pay as you play" basis then maybe. Otherwise, nope.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2016, 02:07 PM

I'd prefer to trust Stubbs judgement on both.

He clearly saw no issue with allowing Derek training facilities but ultimately didn't see enough to offer him a deal. If he has a look at Thomson and decides to take him I'll assume he has seen an attribute he thinks can be utilised, if he doesn't then he obviously doesn't feel he can contribute.

My personal opinion is that both have had their day at Hibs.

yekimevol
15-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Really like KT would like to see him back if alan wants.

SausageSurprise
15-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Not for me

Ozyhibby
15-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Every time he's been here we have had trouble in the dressing room. No thanks.

TheFamous1875
15-01-2016, 02:20 PM
I'd take him back in a coaching capacity but still have him on the books as a player simply due to his experience.

He's won leagues, he knows the club inside-out and, were it not for his Lego-knee-syndrome he'd still be an international today. He can't consistently contribute on the pitch like he used to - that was known years before he re-signed for us the second time, but he knows the club and he knows how to win leagues - having someone like that in the dressing room goes a long way.

For years, people have griped about Hibs not using all of their resources - ex-players and Hibees to boot who know the club and and the game and can pass on their wisdom. Kevin Thomson could contribute to this club greatly if we gave him a chance.

Personally I'd also have him on the books as a player just in case (similar to what we had last season with Alan Combe if I'm not mistaken) so that he could be an influence on the squad and in the dressing room. He could pass on a lot to Fyvie, McGeouch and McGinn. It's little things like this that can be the difference between losing and winning leagues. Experience is underrated.

givescotlandfreedom
15-01-2016, 02:23 PM
No thanks.

lapsedhibee
15-01-2016, 02:52 PM
he knows how to win leagues
He 'knows how to win' EBT-doped leagues. Are we in one?
Outside of EBT-doped leagues, he 'knows how to' get relegated.

hibees 7062
15-01-2016, 03:00 PM
He asked Dundee for a 2-3 year contract

Stuarty27
15-01-2016, 03:04 PM
As much as it pains me to say but I would take him back.

I think we are short in cover in midfield

snooky
15-01-2016, 03:10 PM
He asked Dundee for a 2-3 year contract

Shirley even the softest of docs wouldn't give you a sick line for that length of time. :ill:

pacorosssco
15-01-2016, 03:16 PM
if he plays for free again he can have deal

J-C
15-01-2016, 03:55 PM
I think his playing days are over but in a coaching role, fine. Am I correct in saying that he left us the last time because he was persecuted by Butcher for speaking his mind?

Yep, he stood up to Butcher and Malpas and their bullying tactics towards the younger players, was punted to the sidelines with an excuse fro Butcher that he was injured, went head to head with Malpas during training.

hibees 7062
15-01-2016, 04:00 PM

Inside The SPFL ‏@AgentScotland 1h1 hour ago (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland/status/688010196493426688) Thomson was looking for a 2/3 year extension with Dundee, I'd imagine if they let him go he might have that offer elsewhere.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm just off to spread some broken glass over the M90 Katie.

Brooster
15-01-2016, 04:09 PM

If he hadn't feigned injury to avoid playing on the artificial surface in the first leg he may well have played in the second leg.

Hibernia&Alba
15-01-2016, 04:10 PM
No, I don't think so. Let's look ahead.

Iceman1875
15-01-2016, 04:14 PM

Hilarious [emoji849]

SlickShoes
15-01-2016, 04:18 PM
No thanks, I liked him when he was with us but i don't think he adds anything at all to our current midfield.

itslegaltender
15-01-2016, 04:19 PM
No thanks, I liked him when he was with us but i don't think he adds anything at all to our current midfield.

During that horrific relegation season, I would have tried him out as sweeper.

iwasthere1972
15-01-2016, 04:26 PM
No he wasn't.

As for the second leg of the playoff, he did come on, when we were only a goal down, and did nowt.

Thought he missed a penalty. That was a really miserable day and without slating him too much, wouldn't be good enough nowadays. So no thanks.

Craig_HFC
15-01-2016, 05:14 PM
He's a ****. He can **** off.

Golden Bear
15-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Some of the comments on this thread are all very predictable and all very sad.

MWHIBBIES
15-01-2016, 05:23 PM

Hope he can find himself a club, but he's nowhere near good enough for us.He was the best player by a distance every time he played, his performance in our 1-0 win at Partick was by far the best of any Hibs player that season.

easty
15-01-2016, 05:27 PM
He was the best player by a distance every time he played, his performance in our 1-0 win at Partick was by far the best of any Hibs player that season.

Nope

MWHIBBIES
15-01-2016, 05:28 PM
NopeYep :agree:

worcesterhibby
15-01-2016, 05:30 PM
last time he played for us he spent 98% of his energy kicking people and arguing with Refs and the other 2% moaning to anyone who would listen. No Thanks.

MWHIBBIES
15-01-2016, 05:32 PM
last time he played for us he spent 98% of his energy kicking people and arguing with Refs and the other 2% moaning to anyone who would listen. No Thanks.Except he didn't. He spend 100% (when Butcher actually played our best team) running the game in a rubbish midfield.

I was no fan of him when he first left and didn't really want him back but anyone who says we weren't a better team with him is talking absolute rubbish IMO. We might just have survived had he played every week.

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2016, 05:34 PM

:hilarious

easty
15-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Except he didn't. He spend 100% (when Butcher actually played our best team) running the game in a rubbish midfield.

I was no fan of him when he first left and didn't really want him back but anyone who says we weren't a better team with him is talking absolute rubbish IMO. We might just have survived had he played every week.

Running the game in what way? How I remember it, when he played he wasn't scoring, wasn't setting any up, and wasn't protecting a weak as **** defence. Apart from that though, I suppose he was ok.

hibee_girl
15-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Except he didn't. He spend 100% (when Butcher actually played our best team) running the game in a rubbish midfield.

He really didn't run the games when he was here last, he should have considering (on paper) he was better than what we had but he didn't.

keep the faith
15-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Quick look at Dundee forums confirm fans thought they were a better team every time he played.
As experienced cover and someone for the young lads in our midfield could learn from I would def take him back as a player coach. As long as the deal was reasonable.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2016, 05:40 PM

We didn't run any games under Butcher? :confused: He had a couple of good cameo appearances, where he should have then started the next game but didn't.

I'd have played him more that season, but FFS its a big NO now.

DH1875
15-01-2016, 05:50 PM
How fit is he? Has he played many games this season?

Aldo
15-01-2016, 05:56 PM
It's a no from me!

Bleeds green
15-01-2016, 06:17 PM
He's better than Bartley his ability and tenacity is not in question its his fitness that would be, in the championship he would stick oot like a sore thumb

Winston Ingram
15-01-2016, 06:43 PM
http://thedarkblues.co.uk/topic/6103-kevin-thomson-leaves/

Dundee forum's thoughts if anyone's interested

HibbyKeith
15-01-2016, 06:54 PM
I was at the Players sponsor evening (thanks to .net) the the season we were relegated, (wish it was a better memory :greengrin)

Thomson came across really well, and when pressed about a new contract by Grant Stott he responded by saying he'd love to stay but you would need to ask the manager. Butcher didn't bat an eyelid. You could tell that there was a bit of an atmosphere between the two of them.

Thomson was one of the last player to leave that night, stopping to have chats with anyone looking to. He came across as passionate about Hibs and very professional to me, obviously as fans we don't know what they are really like around the dressing room and on the training pitch but based on my short interaction with him I could see him being a good experienced influence on the younger players in the team.

He's a leader who is not shy in mixing it a little and is vocal while playing but like others have said his fitness would be a huge concern, which is a real pity as his passing ability is unquestionable. With a full strength squad I don't see him shifting any of our current midfielders out the team, So unless he was coming in as a player/coach I would be a waste of a wage IMO.

MWHIBBIES
15-01-2016, 07:00 PM
We didn't run any games under Butcher? :confused: He had a couple of good cameo appearances, where he should have then started the next game but didn't.

I'd have played him more that season, but FFS its a big NO now.He hardly played under Butcher but that wasn't his fault, he was largely very good when he played that season, especially under Fenlon.

As I've said I was a massive critic of Thomson when he first left and didn't want him back. I thought he was shocking in the Celtic final defeat and we shouldn't have re-signed him after but I would be daft to deny he was really solid when he played in 13/14 and should have been playing every week.

I'll trust Stubbs judgement on him now but if he is still as good as his last spell we could certainly use him.

JJP
15-01-2016, 07:00 PM
There is a section of the Hibs support who seem to delight in not having anything good to say of what seems like the majority of our former players. Whenever Kevin Thomson pulled on the green and white he gave it his all. Couldn't give a flying one that he played for Rangers, he is after all a professional footballer. I have a lot of time for him and if Stubbs thinks he can add something to the team in a playing or coaching capacity then that is good enough for me. I think he would be an excellent help to our younger players in a coaching capacity.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-01-2016, 07:04 PM

Who's the Osman they are hoping to get in??

lapsedhibee
15-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Who's the Osman they are hoping to get in??

Leon's brother at Partick.

15-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Nope. His time has defnitely come and gone.

:aok:

Yea, can't understand anyone wanting him back as a player. He wouldn't get a game before McGinn, Henderson, Bartley, McGeouch etc.

WhileTheChief..
15-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Alan Preston saying strong rumours in Edinburgh that he's coming to us as player / coach.

Can't say I've heard any rumours other than on here :confused:

Winston Ingram
15-01-2016, 07:50 PM

I'd have played him more that season, but FFS its a big NO now.

He never got much game time under Butcher because he told Butcher that he wasn't happy with the idea that his main job was now to punt the ball into the corners for the remainder of that season.

matty_f
15-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Alan Preston saying strong rumours in Edinburgh that he's coming to us as player / coach.

Can't say I've heard any rumours other than on here :confused:

Surprising, because strong rumours are usually better than just rumours. :agree:

Pretty Boy
15-01-2016, 07:58 PM

Reading that it seems that when fit he was doing a job at Dundee.

Maybe his experience around the dressing room would be no bad thing? As I said above I'll trust Stubbs' judgement as he hasn't got many wrong since he arrived.

Pete
15-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Surprising, because strong rumours are usually better than just rumours. :agree:

:agree:

Without strength, rumours are simply suggestions.

Anyone can suggest anything.

Northernhibee
15-01-2016, 08:40 PM
A right whiner. No thanks.

WoreTheGreen
15-01-2016, 08:42 PM

Not first aid

tamig
15-01-2016, 09:06 PM
There is a section of the Hibs support who seem to delight in not having anything good to say of what seems like the majority of our former players. Whenever Kevin Thomson pulled on the green and white he gave it his all. Couldn't give a flying one that he played for Rangers, he is after all a professional footballer. I have a lot of time for him and if Stubbs thinks he can add something to the team in a playing or coaching capacity then that is good enough for me. I think he would be an excellent help to our younger players in a coaching capacity.
Well said bud.

SMAXXA
15-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Might just find him back at Easter Road

cmcd
15-01-2016, 09:32 PM

Rubbish Have no idea where you get this trash from KT was the guy who got the team going in the second half of the Falkirk semi

Winston Ingram
15-01-2016, 09:33 PM

That's just utter pish

cmcd
15-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Not first aid

Kevin has his badges

MagicSwirlingShip
15-01-2016, 09:38 PM

Good enough for me!

Definitely won't be first choice but could provide good cover for Fyvie and Big Marv and his experience will come in handy in the run in!

In Stubbsy we trust!

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-01-2016, 09:46 PM
I'm in the minority obv but I'd take him back. Not entirely sure why, but I would

eastmainsmsh
15-01-2016, 09:47 PM
All for it bring mcginn on and as a player

Cheshire Hibby
15-01-2016, 09:53 PM
No thanks. Don't want to go back to troubled times.

truehibernian
15-01-2016, 09:58 PM
Delighted to have him back - will be a fantastic addition to the squad, club and the players will love him.

happiehibbie
15-01-2016, 10:01 PM
Thomson is a Hibs fan his son is a Hibs fan he was gutted absolutely gutted he missed the penalty. He told me when he went on he was asked to hoof the ball and waste time. He feels he can't go back to ER TO EVEN WATCH A GAME he does not feel welcome very sad

Craig_HFC
15-01-2016, 10:18 PM
Don't like him at all. Tidy passer of the ball but slows the game down far far too much imo which is exactly the opposite of what we need.

I'll also never forgive him for the way he treated the Club with utter disdain just before he walked along the M8 barefoot across broken glass to sign for the club formerly known as Rangers.

People can say that he didn't write the column and it was all Keith Jackson's fault... Pish. The column had Katie's name on it so it was his overall responsibility what was in the column. He was captain of Hibs at the time and it was completely disrespectful towards the Club.

truehibernian
15-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Thomson is a Hibs fan his son is a Hibs fan he was gutted absolutely gutted he missed the penalty. He told me when he went on he was asked to hoof the ball and waste time. He feels he can't go back to ER TO EVEN WATCH A GAME he does not feel welcome very sad

Always welcome for me - top player, top lad, was easily led as most at that age are when pound signs are waved.

I'm glad he's back !

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2016, 10:42 PM

There is also a section of the Hibs support that can't seem to grasp that you can't keep turning back the clock when it comes to ex players. This club is moving forward and progressing under the current management, the romance of taking back ex players who are well past their best is a ridiculous notion and best left to the fiction of comic books.

Shrekko
15-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Dundee fans seem almost unanimous that he was their top midfielder when he played.

If he is getting a coaching position I hardly think having a guy of his ability to fill in when needed is a negative! We're not expecting him to turn back the clock but he can still be a useful player.

My recollection is that his team mates loved him last time he was here.

HibsNutter
15-01-2016, 10:56 PM
It's easy to say 'don't go back, had his time etc' but let's look at it at it from a different angle.

This is a guy who was captain of one of the better Premier League sides, and judging from Twitter their fans seemed devastated that he was released today. The reason he was realised, I'm guessing, is because of his niggling injury problems - and their reluctance to pay him when they know he'll miss a few games, he was probably on a high wage compared to other Dundee players - although, he's still played in over half of their games since he signed for them.

We know he has ability, we've seen it before and he'd be more than comfortable playing at this level when called upon. He'll add experience to an otherwise inexperienced midfield, no, he isn't going to play every game (he wouldn't be able to, anyway). His experienced head could help in the run in if we need to bring someone on to calm the tempo of a game, for example. All in all I feel we should make a move for him, he won't demand much in wages, especially if we offer him a chance to start his coaching career with a role within the club in coming seasons, and he would be a very handy option to have in the meantime.

Bleeds green
15-01-2016, 11:07 PM
I mind the last time we signed him back it was the same reaction on .net yet whenever he played or the fans forced butcher into giving him a chance he always got a fantastic reception from ER crowd!

CapitalGreen
15-01-2016, 11:23 PM
Don't like him at all. Tidy passer of the ball but slows the game down far far too much imo which is exactly the opposite of what we need.

I'll also never forgive him for the way he treated the Club with utter disdain just before he walked along the M8 barefoot across broken glass to sign for the club formerly known as Rangers.

People can say that he didn't write the column and it was all Keith Jackson's fault... Pish. The column had Katie's name on it so it was his overall responsibility what was in the column. He was captain of Hibs at the time and it was completely disrespectful towards the Club.

To be fair, he'd struggle to slow our game down anymore than it is now.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2016, 11:25 PM
If this was a player that hadn't played for us before this place would be in uproar at the mere suggestion of signing him, citing his age,injury record and appearance rate. If Carlsberg made romantic supporters, they would support Hibernian. Move on FFS.

truehibernian
15-01-2016, 11:30 PM
If this was a player that hadn't played for us before this place would be in uproar at the mere suggestion of signing him, citing his age,injury record and appearance rate. If Carlsberg made romantic supporters, they would support Hibernian. Move on FFS.

Why ?? He's a great addition for a number of reasons - coming to a club that's as upbeat as when Kevin was at Hibs with Mowbray.

And the rabbit still hasn't popped his head out the warren yet either !

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2016, 11:33 PM
Why ?? He's a great addition for a number of reasons - coming to a club that's as upbeat as when Kevin was at Hibs with Mowbray.

And the rabbit still hasn't popped his head out the warren yet either !

My erse, if you want Hibs to go backwards pal dream on.....I don't.

Tinribs
15-01-2016, 11:43 PM

Nah man, the issue some of us have is the crappy way he and others went about bashing their own managers. Brian Clough, who i would hope you approve of? Said that was the very worst thing that ever happened to him in football. That was after the Leeds players went over his head.

Billy Bremner was an erse when he did that to Clough.

truehibernian
15-01-2016, 11:50 PM
My erse, if you want Hibs to go backwards pal dream on.....I don't.

Nope, guarantee with Kevin on board we'll continue progressing with momentum - can I ask, do you trust Alan Stubbs judgement Scouse ? I

Carheenlea
16-01-2016, 12:10 AM

:hmmm: Interesting. (Unless I`m getting you mixed up with another poster who appeared to be close to KT in some way)

QMU-1875
16-01-2016, 12:18 AM
If Stubbs thinks it's the right thing to do then I think we as a fan base should back him. I would never boo someone pulling on a hibs top, KT wouldn't even come close to being booed from me. In the relegation season he was clearly arguing back with Butcher and standing up to him, something I think he should take some credit for. I'd be very confident that he would be an asset as a coach at the club and if he was ever to pull on a strip to play (which given the reaction on Dundee's fans forum) you can be sure he will give it his all. Reading that post about how he feels he can't step foot back in Easter Road despite him and his son supporting the club is quite sad. Best of luck what ever he decides to do.

ehf
16-01-2016, 12:29 AM
I mind the last time we signed him back it was the same reaction on .net yet whenever he played or the fans forced butcher into giving him a chance he always got a fantastic reception from ER crowd!

:agree: he figured Butcher and Malpas out straight away and stood up to their bullying. Would be delighted to have him back.

snooky
16-01-2016, 12:38 AM
If Stubbs thinks it's the right thing to do then I think we as a fan base should back him. I would never boo someone pulling on a hibs top, KT wouldn't even come close to being booed from me. In the relegation season he was clearly arguing back with Butcher and standing up to him, something I think he should take some credit for. I'd be very confident that he would be an asset as a coach at the club and if he was ever to pull on a strip to play (which given the reaction on Dundee's fans forum) you can be sure he will give it his all. Reading that post about how he feels he can't step foot back in Easter Road despite him and his son supporting the club is quite sad. Best of luck what ever he decides to do.

Yes, it is sad but let's be fair, a lot of it is his own doing.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall him making any apology or disclaimer for the comments he made in his DR column.
FWIW, Sparky, Deek, Russel, Whittaker, etc can walk into ER and be welcomed even though they too were sucked along the M8.

'You reap what you sow' comes to mind.

truehibernian
16-01-2016, 12:46 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall him making any apology or disclaimer for the comments he made in his DR column.
FWIW, Sparky, Deek, Russel, Whittaker, etc can walk into ER and be welcomed even though they too were sucked along the M8.

What's your line of work ? You been offered to increase your wage x 5 and turned it down in your early 20's ? Latapy made a complete erse of himself by the way (if you knew the full story) - Brown handed in a transfer request too - he's still seen as a 'legend' - bizarre !

Welcome back Kevin - a right good Hibee, end of !

Carheenlea
16-01-2016, 12:47 AM

The Daily Record column was written by a journalist following a brief weekly phone call. KT would have been well enough paid for his 5 minutes on the phone alright, but I don`t think embellished stories in The Daily Record were anything that Hibs fans really needed to get too worked up about.

QMU-1875
16-01-2016, 12:59 AM

I'm sure whilst at Middlesborough he said in an interview that the journalist took his words totally out of context... Could be wrong however.

QMU-1875
16-01-2016, 01:08 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/saturday-interview-kevin-thomson-i-would-ve-loved-to-have-come-away-from-hibs-a-hero-1-820352 quotes in here, states that he never actually said the thing about the M8.

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2016, 01:47 AM

'You reap what you sow' comes to mind.Griffiths isn't welcome as far as I'm concerned, just another horrible Celtic player now.

truehibernian
16-01-2016, 01:48 AM
Griffiths isn't welcome as far as I'm concerned, just another horrible Celtic player now.

Oh shoosh

marleyhib
16-01-2016, 01:52 AM
Dundee fans seem to rate him highly. I think we're missing someone who can dictate a game from midfield. If he's fit which is the worry with his injury record, then I'd be delighted to see him back. Class player on his day.

I'll trust Stubbs judgement on this one.

sleeping giant
16-01-2016, 04:05 AM
Oh shoosh

I agree with the poster.
Rubbing the badge ? Bolt Griffiths

Vault Boy
16-01-2016, 04:19 AM
Would be very happy to see KT back at Hibs, particularly in a role that means his wage isn't going purely towards game time. Having him in a position where he can play when fit (still class and would stroll this league IMO), but be at no loss even if he can't play first team games is perfect.

Centre Hawf
16-01-2016, 04:31 AM
No thanks. Kevin's times up and anyone who thinks he's better than Fyvie are lying to themselves. Yes he was a fantastic player in his day and maybe his second spell wasn't as successful due to reasons that wasn't down to his body/ability. But now there is absolutely no danger he would improve this squad. Let someone like Rangers make the mistake of gambling on him again, wouldn't be surprised to see it happen as they need a holding midfielder.

MrSmith
16-01-2016, 04:48 AM
I've said this a few times on here so, here goes again. My buddy worked beside Kevin's sister at standard life, she told my buddy that Kevin never said anything if the sort that was written in the daily record and was affronted by it! You don't need to look far to find liars and shysters who make up stories in that particular rag however, guilty by association huh!

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2016, 05:13 AM
I've said this a few times on here so, here goes again. My buddy worked beside Kevin's sister at standard life, she told my buddy that Kevin never said anything if the sort that was written in the daily record and was affronted by it! You don't need to look far to find liars and shysters who make up stories in that particular rag however, guilty by association huh!Obviously it was a long time ago and I'm well over it but I don't understand why he didn't make a quick statement at the time saying it was rubbish and that he didn't say it?

Libby Hibby
16-01-2016, 06:06 AM
I said it to my Dad against Raith that we could do with an 'auld heed' around the side, someone that could provide leadership, experience and guidance to the young lads like McGinn, Henderson and Cummings.

At times, we do seem to panic in the box, snatch at things, play the easy pass when we could take a player on.

If KT does sign, he could certainly encourage the team in right way and provide a platform for the side to flourish. I think if he does return, it will be more for his influence and knowledge of the game to pass on and coach opposed to signing to be a 1st team regular.

Absolutely perfect addition to the club as a whole and someone like him, I have felt, we have needed around the place.

Well done Stubbs and Hibs...again.

GGTTH

WhileTheChief..
16-01-2016, 09:21 AM
^^^

Excellent post, saved me the bother.

Greenworld
16-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Dundee fans are as suprised as us..injury has plagued his spell there 38 games over the two seasons but they say when he did play and fit he was very good

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Aldo
16-01-2016, 09:57 AM
Griffiths isn't welcome as far as I'm concerned, just another horrible Celtic player now.

Really. Easily the best player in Scotland right now and scoring for fun. If Griffiths wanted to come back to ER right now and we could afford him I would welcome him back with open arms. Simple as that.

I do however respect your decision however cannot fathom it out!

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Really. Easily the best player in Scotland right now and scoring for fun. If Griffiths wanted to come back to ER right now and we could afford him I would welcome him back with open arms. Simple as that.

I do however respect your decision however cannot fathom it out!Obviously I'd take him back as a player but I don't think of him as some die hard who can walk into Easter Road and deserves some warm welcome. As I said just another guy who played for us and joined that **** when they offered big money.

Aldo
16-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Obviously I'd take him back as a player but I don't think of him as some die hard who can walk into Easter Road and deserves some warm welcome. As I said just another guy who played for us and joined that **** when they offered big money.

I think both you and I know (and as others have alluded) that if a team comes in and quadruples your wages and pays the going rate for you then you'd be off ski.

I do see your point and let's face it there is little to no loyalty in any sport these days.

007 Mickey Weir
16-01-2016, 10:07 AM
Sparky would be welcome back in an instant. Brilliant player. Huge Hibs fan that loves us. But he does have a career to consider and a fairly large family ( hehee) to provide for. Celtic will have told him he needs to show more commitment to them while wearing there strip. Hence the 50 goals top and over celebration. People need a reality check at times. If someone offered you £10k a week. But now and then you would have to celebrate in another teams top. Would you take it??

Hibernia&Alba
16-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Sparky would be welcome back in an instant. Brilliant player. Huge Hibs fan that loves us. But he does have a career to consider and a fairly large family ( hehee) to provide for. Celtic will have told him he needs to show more commitment to them while wearing there strip. Hence the 50 goals top and over celebration. People need a reality check at times. If someone offered you £10k a week. But now and then you would have to celebrate in another teams top. Would you take it??

I'd suck them off too, if it was part of the deal. Not the maroonics, though, nor their cousins in Govan. Never. I have my self-respect :greengrin

Golden Bear
16-01-2016, 10:20 AM
I've said this a few times on here so, here goes again. My buddy worked beside Kevin's sister at standard life, she told my buddy that Kevin never said anything if the sort that was written in the daily record and was affronted by it! You don't need to look far to find liars and shysters who make up stories in that particular rag however, guilty by association huh!

:agree:

It's simply a case that actual facts need to be overlooked and should never get in the way of an argument. And we all know that the Daily Record is of course a shining example of journalistic excellence.

AlbertK86
16-01-2016, 10:21 AM
Kevin Thomson will be a good coach and good influence. The more Hibs supporters we have involved influencing our team the better.

He will undoubtedly help get the boys fired up for a certain game at *********** on 7/2

Think he will only be be cover for midfield if we hit an injury crisis. If fit he can still bring a lot to the game with his passing ability.

Our style under Stubbs would suit KT but I'm pretty sure I he will get limited time on the pitch

Pretty sure Stubbsy has already shown us he knows what he's doing so I'm gonna trust him again.

If KT IS signing ...welcome back

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2016, 10:21 AM
Nope, guarantee with Kevin on board we'll continue progressing with momentum - can I ask, do you trust Alan Stubbs judgement Scouse ? I

Good question,I sometimes question his judgement when it comes to tactics and substitutions. I would also question them if he decided to bring back KT which I doubt he would anyway.

neil7908
16-01-2016, 10:35 AM
I was very sceptical (and probably not totally convinced yet) but having read the comments from the Dundee supporters forum they are overall very pretty positive about his contribution to them. Most seem gutted he's leaving, albeit with numerous references to his fitness and presumed high wages. Bear in mind these are folk watching him week in, week out, not basing their opinions on performances from a couple of years ago in a rubbish Hibs team.

We have a lot of cover in that area of the park but if he's on tiny wages or pay as you play with coaching included then I suppose if Stubbs is happy then so am I.

Given they haven't played together so presumably no personal connection, I can only guess if he does sign it's because Stubbs has heard good things about him.

snooky
16-01-2016, 12:08 PM
Obviously it was a long time ago and I'm well over it but I don't understand why he didn't make a quick statement at the time saying it was rubbish and that he didn't say it?

Thank you, MWH. That was the point I was trying to make.
If the press had misquoted me, (given the harm that KT's 'quotes' have done) I would issue a statement to put the record (oh the irony) straight.

BTW, good luck to KT in his new role at ER. :Awright!:

Shrekko
16-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Although KT has already set the record straight we still get this notion time and time again that he was required to make a public statement at the time!!

Some folk live in dreamland if they think players need to spend their time correcting the hyperbolic nonsense that appears in the tabloids. Seeing as he was by then a Rangers player was he really going to have as his first priority a PR to protect the feelings of Hibs fans on a matter that was beyond his control? I'm sure that'd go down well with his employers at the time!

snooky
16-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Although KT has already set the record straight we still get this notion time and time again that he was required to make a public statement at the time!!

Some folk live in dreamland if they think players need to spend their time correcting the hyperbolic nonsense that appears in the tabloids. Seeing as he was by then a Rangers player was he really going to have as his first priority a PR to protect the feelings of Hibs fans on a matter that was beyond his control? I'm sure that'd go down well with his employers at the time!

Having a good time nevertheless ...... :greengrin