PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Australian Open

Sir David Gray
15-01-2016, 11:55 AM
As always, I'm looking forward to the Australian Open starting, which begins at 12am on Monday UK time.

Andy Murray looks to have a pretty decent draw on paper. The highest seed he'll play before the quarter finals is Bernard Tomic, which won't be a problem for him. He starts against the German Alexander Zverev in round one.

As for the other Brits who have qualified, Aljaz Bedene has a tough first round tie against the 31st seed Steve Johnson and Kyle Edmund has a decent chance in his tie with Damir Dzumhur of Bosnia-Herzegovina.

World number one and defending champion Novak Djokovic plays South Korean Chung Hyeon in round one so I don't anticipate any problems for him there. Roger Federer plays Nikoloz Basilashvili and Rafael Nadal has a very interesting opening match against fellow Spaniard Fernando Verdasco.

Incidentally, Murray can't meet Djokovic or Federer until the final.

Hibee87
15-01-2016, 02:47 PM
As always, I'm looking forward to the Australian Open starting, which begins at 12am on Monday UK time.

Andy Murray looks to have a pretty decent draw on paper. The highest seed he'll play before the quarter finals is Bernard Tomic, which won't be a problem for him. He starts against the German Alexander Zverev in round one.

As for the other Brits who have qualified, Aljaz Bedene has a tough first round tie against the 31st seed Steve Johnson and Kyle Edmund has a decent chance in his tie with Damir Dzumhur of Bosnia-Herzegovina.

World number one and defending champion Novak Djokovic plays South Korean Chung Hyeon in round one so I don't anticipate any problems for him there. Roger Federer plays Nikoloz Basilashvili and Rafael Nadal has a very interesting opening match against fellow Spaniard Fernando Verdasco.

Incidentally, Murray can't meet Djokovic or Federer until the final.

Looking forward to it. Im off Monday-Wed so hoping to catch a couple of Murrays matches live :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
15-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Looking forward to it. Im off Monday-Wed so hoping to catch a couple of Murrays matches live :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to it too although I tend to just manage with the highlights package for the early rounds.

The time difference is a killer.

Sir David Gray
16-01-2016, 08:30 AM
Also a big well done to Dan Evans who has come through qualifying to make the main draw.

He now has a tough first round match against Feliciano Lopez.

PatHead
17-01-2016, 09:59 PM
What channel is it on?

Pretty Boy
18-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Some interesting news breaking today about potential match fixing in tennis and a decision to sweep it under the carpet being made.

This one's going to run and likely be a bit embarrassing for a few people.

Sir David Gray
18-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Some interesting news breaking today about potential match fixing in tennis and a decision to sweep it under the carpet being made.

This one's going to run and likely be a bit embarrassing for a few people.

This is a nightmare for the sport. They must not have enough evidence to name anyone or else you would have thought they would have by now.

Hopefully this will be fully investigated.

Sir David Gray
18-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Andy Murray begins his Australian Open campaign against Alexander Zverev and he's the second match on Margaret Court Arena meaning that he should be on around 2am UK time.

Not fantastic timing for a British audience.

jodjam
19-01-2016, 07:05 AM
Murray through. Nadal out

Treadstone
19-01-2016, 05:13 PM
Watched the Konta match. She was superb. Wobbled a bit at the end of both sets but the usually weak forehand stood up. Watson and Robson could take a lead regarding the hard work she has put in the last eighteen months.

Sir David Gray
19-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Watched the Konta match. She was superb. Wobbled a bit at the end of both sets but the usually weak forehand stood up. Watson and Robson could take a lead regarding the hard work she has put in the last eighteen months.

She's putting in some very impressive results right now and seems to have a very good attitude as well.

Good luck to her.

Great result for Murray today and he should be safe enough in his next match against Sam Groth.

Not overly surprised by Verdasco's win over Nadal either.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2016, 06:20 PM
She's putting in some very impressive results right now and seems to have a very good attitude as well.

Good luck to her.

Great result for Murray today and he should be safe enough in his next match against Sam Groth.

Not overly surprised by Verdasco's win over Nadal either.

Agree about Verdasco. I wasn't at all surprised when I saw that result. On his day he's a fine player and Nadal is not the force he was.

Sir David Gray
19-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Agree about Verdasco. I wasn't at all surprised when I saw that result. On his day he's a fine player and Nadal is not the force he was.

Being a non-seed, he was going to be a dangerous opponent for anyone that he played in the first round.

He's really in a false position of 45 in the world, he should be much higher than that. It wasn't that long ago that he nearly beat Murray at Wimbledon.

His forehand is huge when he's on his game and his serve is extremely powerful as well. I saw a bit of the match this morning as I was getting ready for work and Nadal couldn't cope with the power in his shots. He had him all over the place.

He's unlikely to challenge the top few guys but he'll maybe fancy his chances of getting into the quarter finals now.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Another great win for Murray this morning against Sam Groth - winning 6-0 6-4 6-1.

He now plays Joao Sousa in round three.

I also have to mention the retirement of Lleyton Hewitt after his straight sets defeat to David Ferrer.

I loved watching him when I was growing up, his fighting spirit and determination to win was so impressive.

He came along at the right time as he managed to win his two majors just before Roger Federer started to dominate the sport.

Unbelievable fighter on the court and he'll be a big miss.

DaveF
21-01-2016, 08:26 PM
He's unlikely to challenge the top few guys but he'll maybe fancy his chances of getting into the quarter finals now.

Beaten by Dudi Sela today\yesterday.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Beaten by Dudi Sela today\yesterday.

Typical.

Speedy
22-01-2016, 07:42 AM
Has Dimitrov had an injury?

Seems to have dropped down the rankings.

Treadstone
22-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Looking forward to watching Konta tonight. Should've beat this girl in the French last year but choked a little. This a better surface for her and better form since that defeat. Mentally a far stronger proposition too.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Has Dimitrov had an injury?

Seems to have dropped down the rankings.

Just out of form I think.

lord bunberry
22-01-2016, 09:18 PM
This Kyrgios geezer is deranged, every time I see him he loses the plot. He's quite entertaining :greengrin

Sir David Gray
22-01-2016, 09:31 PM
This Kyrgios geezer is deranged, every time I see him he loses the plot. He's quite entertaining :greengrin

He's an idiot.

Unfortunately he seems to fancy himself as being a bit of a John McEnroe figure but without the talent.

Andy Murray will be on at 8am UK time tomorrow in his match against Joao Sousa, for anyone who fancies getting up early.

Treadstone
23-01-2016, 12:19 AM
Well done Konta. Easy 6-2 6-2 served superbly. Probably Makarova next. Think it might end there but wouldn't rule her out. Muguruza probably going out too that bottom half of the draw has opened right up.

Bed now, up for Andy.

DaveF
23-01-2016, 08:31 AM
News that Murrays father in law has been taken to hospital and the game he was watching postponed. Not sure what impact if any that will have but its now 1 set all in Murrays game.

Speedy
23-01-2016, 10:13 AM
News that Murrays father in law has been taken to hospital and the game he was watching postponed. Not sure what impact if any that will have but its now 1 set all in Murrays game.

Murray through.

Ivanovic lost after going back on.

Probably should have suspended it.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Good to see that Nigel Sears appears to be ok after his health scare earlier.

Good win for Murray today although he'll be annoyed at dropping a set.

He should have a comfortable victory against Bernard Tomic in the next round.

Sir David Gray
24-01-2016, 10:15 AM
Tough match for Djokovic today eventually coming through in five sets against Gilles Simon.

He now plays Kei Nishikori in the quarter finals after he beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in straight sets.

It's going to be a late start for Roger Federer as he is on after the women's match which is currently half way through the final set.

It's already 10:15pm in Melbourne.

Treadstone
25-01-2016, 09:06 AM
Well done Jo Konta. Gutsy win. This will probably make the main news bulletins and deservedly so but will serve to show how much Andy is taken for granted. Quarter finals are pretty much routine and expected and only covered in dedicated news channels and Scottish regional broadcasts.

We'll miss him when he's gone.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Murray takes a 2 set lead (6-4, 6-4) v Tomic.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Murray wins the match taking the 3rd set on a tie-break.

lord bunberry
25-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Murray wins the match taking the 3rd set on a tie-break.
He didn't look overly happy at the end

Sir David Gray
25-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Well done Jo Konta. Gutsy win. This will probably make the main news bulletins and deservedly so but will serve to show how much Andy is taken for granted. Quarter finals are pretty much routine and expected and only covered in dedicated news channels and Scottish regional broadcasts.

We'll miss him when he's gone.

Great achievement for Johanna Konta, she should be really proud of herself.

Another solid victory for Murray as well and he now plays David Ferrer in the quarter finals. It's certainly going to be by far his biggest test in the tournament so far but I would be quite confident of him getting through to the semis.

Sergey
25-01-2016, 06:00 PM
Great achievement for Johanna Konta, she should be really proud of herself.

Another solid victory for Murray as well and he now plays David Ferrer in the quarter finals. It's certainly going to be by far his biggest test in the tournament so far but I would be quite confident of him getting through to the semis.

She's as British as Zola Budd and Mo Farah.

If you can't beat them - Adopt them.

Treadstone
26-01-2016, 08:28 AM

Perpetuating the charade by staying in Eastbourne since 2005.

Treadstone
27-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Well done Konta and Murray.

Never watched but apparently a physically brutal match for Andy.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Well done Konta and Murray.

Never watched but apparently a physically brutal match for Andy.

More so for Ferrer, Murray ran him into the ground but, give him his due he never stopped trying as ever.

easty
27-01-2016, 10:30 AM

Perpetuating the charade by staying in Eastbourne since 2005.

She's no British. Sounds pretty English when she speaks, but she's Australian, she was still representing Australia about 3 and a half years ago.

Fair play to her, she's doing well and I'd happily see her go on to win it, but you cannae just choose to be British, that's no how it should work.

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2016, 10:35 AM
She's no British. Sounds pretty English when she speaks, but she's Australian, she was still representing Australia about 3 and a half years ago.

Fair play to her, she's doing well and I'd happily see her go on to win it, but you cannae just choose to be British, that's no how it should work.

Nationality is a can of worms. By your criteria, none of Wiggans, Froome, Millar or Cavendish would be riding for Britain. That's the one I always bring up, but there are many others.

Not saying you're wrong, by the way, but just pointing out the complexity of it all.

easty
27-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Nationality is a can of worms. By your criteria, none of Wiggans, Froome, Millar or Cavendish would be riding for Britain. That's the one I always bring up, but there are many others.

Not saying you're wrong, by the way, but just pointing out the complexity of it all.

I get your point, personally I couldnt be less interested in cycling though, so I don't know the details of those guys you mention.

As complex as you ever want to make the Nationality debate though, you shouldn't be able to represent two. That's just weird.

lord bunberry
27-01-2016, 11:51 AM

I think the fact that she's lived here since 2005 made her decision to switch more practical. By switching she has acces to the facilities and support that the LTA provide.

Sergey
27-01-2016, 12:03 PM

The cyclists mentioned all had British parents and qualified for a UK passport by right. This tennis player doesn't have one drop of British blood in her DNA.

I think the fact that she's lived here since 2005 made her decision to switch more practical. By switching she has acces to the facilities and support that the LTA provide.

She's no longer based in the UK - she's upped sticks and moved to Spain.

PatHead
27-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Anyone know the head to head with Murray and Raonic?

Got a feeling Murray has struggled against that big freak.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2016, 01:00 PM

3 wins each with 2 hard court wins each.

Hibee87
27-01-2016, 01:13 PM

Even record, but im sure Raonic has never beating him in a slam, of which they have played twice i think

--------
27-01-2016, 02:40 PM

I would reckon that in a pre-Olympic year a known terrorist with top athletic credentials would be allowed into any country in Western Europe no argument.

"What, you're a crack shot with a .308 Winchester rifle? You can take out an Afghani government minister at 750 metres? In you come, pal. You'll do for the rifle prone event. Here's your passport and a big bag of money. Anything else we can do for you? Sorry, there's no event for the RPG launcher...."

:devil:

Treadstone
27-01-2016, 07:46 PM
She's no longer based in the UK - she's upped sticks and moved to Spain.

Incorrect. Still resides in Eastbourne. Training base has moved to Spain.

Sergey
27-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Incorrect. Still resides in Eastbourne. Training base has moved to Spain.

Nope - her parents both live in Eastbourne, but she has moved to Spain.

She stated this at a recent press conference and has probably done this for tax reasons.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Even record, but im sure Raonic has never beating him in a slam, of which they have played twice i think

Just once - 2012 US Open and Murray won in straight sets.

Murray also went on to win the tournament so could that be a lucky omen perhaps?

Treadstone
27-01-2016, 08:02 PM
Nope - her parents both live in Eastbourne, but she has moved to Spain.

She stated this at a recent press conference and has probably done this for tax reasons.

In the earlier rounds there was a feature on her. Training base is Spain. This was last week. If you steer me towards where she says this be greatly appreciated.

marinello59
27-01-2016, 08:02 PM

You can just choose to be any nationality you like. If she feels comfortable representing Britian then it's no big deal to me.

HappyHanlon
27-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Konta's British the now but when she loses she'll be back to being an Aussie reject.

English media and press for you - shower of creeps

Sergey
27-01-2016, 08:12 PM
In the earlier rounds there was a feature on her. Training base is Spain. This was last week. If you steer me towards where she says this be greatly appreciated.

Not the interview that I read as it was in the print edition of the Sunday Times (and that's a paid-for online service), but see here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-3419104/Johanna-Konta-transformed-journeywoman-game-formidable-force.html

In 2014 she moved back to Spain and now works with Spanish coaches Esteban Carril and Jose-Manuel Garcia. Their influence is obvious in her improved second serve and a backhand which is almost now as powerful a weapon as her forehand which has always been brilliant. But also in the cries of 'vamos!' – Spanish for 'come on' – which litter her matches.

There's probably other references online but I can't be arsed looking.

As an aside - Eastbourne also boasts three football teams :greengrin

easty
27-01-2016, 08:25 PM
You can just choose to be any nationality you like. If she feels comfortable representing Britian then it's no big deal to me.

You can tell people you're whatever nationality you like, doesn't make it so.

lord bunberry
27-01-2016, 09:07 PM
You can tell people you're whatever nationality you like, doesn't make it so.
She's a British national, she took British citizenship in 2012.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2016, 09:45 PM
I'm gutted that I won't be able to watch the Federer-Djokovic semi final tomorrow morning.

It starts around 8:30am UK time and I think it could be a classic.

Federer's barely broken sweat so far, only losing one set on his way to yet another Grand Slam semi final (his 39th semi final appearance at a major in his last 51 tournaments stretching all the way back to 2003) which is just a ridiculous statistic.

Djokovic has had one real test so far against Gilles Simon in the fourth round, when he was taken to five sets. Other than that, it's been quite routine for him so far. He has to be the favourite and he's going for a sixth Australian Open title as well which would equal Roy Emerson's record.

Djokovic to win in five tight sets although I would like to see Federer get through to another Grand Slam final.

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2016, 10:29 PM
I'm gutted that I won't be able to watch the Federer-Djokovic semi final tomorrow morning.

It starts around 8:30am UK time and I think it could be a classic.

Federer's barely broken sweat so far, only losing one set on his way to yet another Grand Slam semi final (his 39th semi final appearance at a major in his last 51 tournaments stretching all the way back to 2003) which is just a ridiculous statistic.

Djokovic has had one real test so far against Gilles Simon in the fourth round, when he was taken to five sets. Other than that, it's been quite routine for him so far. He has to be the favourite and he's going for a sixth Australian Open title as well which would equal Roy Emerson's record.

Djokovic to win in five tight sets although I would like to see Federer get through to another Grand Slam final.

Has Federer got it in him to beat Djokovic? He clearly got into Murrays head when it comes to the big ones but not convinced he's done to same with Djokovic.

What's their head to head like in majors?

easty
27-01-2016, 10:35 PM
She's a British national, she took British citizenship in 2012.

So? She's not British in my opinion, you can call her what you want, makes nae difference to me.

I work with an American girl who has UK citizenship, she's not British either, nor would she claim to be.

You can claim to be a Jedi, by religion, but you're not, you're just an idiot.

You can wear blue contact lenses over your brown eyes, doesn't mean you have blue eyes.

Haymaker
27-01-2016, 11:01 PM

To be honest a fair chunk of the world have been at this sort of thing for years.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-01-2016, 07:50 AM
Djokovic off to a flier, 3-0 up in set 1 and setting a high standard so far.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-01-2016, 08:04 AM
Novak sweeps through the first set 6-1

lord bunberry
28-01-2016, 08:14 AM
So? She's not British in my opinion, you can call her what you want, makes nae difference to me.

I work with an American girl who has UK citizenship, she's not British either, nor would she claim to be.

You can wear blue contact lenses over your brown eyes, doesn't mean you have blue eyes.
I wouldn't class her as British either, but whether we like it or not legally she is, she can't claim to be anything else.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-01-2016, 08:23 AM
Djokovic 4-1 up in set 2, a simply stunning display so far, amazing stuff!

CallumLaidlaw
28-01-2016, 08:24 AM

I had never heard of her until this week, and then because she gets through a couple of rounds of tennis, she's now one of the favourites to win sports personality of the year :rolleyes:

I didnt realise just how non-british she actually was til this morning. Born and raised in Australia til 14 to Hungarian parents.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2016, 08:25 AM
Are we watching the best tennis player ever here in Djokovic? :top marks

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Set 2 to Djokovic 6-2

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Federer pumped again by Djokovic.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-01-2016, 11:42 AM
How did the last two sets go? just back from a funeral.

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2016, 08:58 PM
How did the last two sets go? just back from a funeral.

Comfortable win for Djokivic. Match reports predictably talking Federer up with comments about a "spirited fight back" when in reality he was thrashed 3-1, and lost sets 6-1, 6-3 and 6-3.

An absolute hiding.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2016, 09:05 PM
Not quite as close as I thought it might have been but I did think that Djokovic would win.

Hopefully Murray does the business in the morning. I think he will to be honest, I expect him to win fairly easily. Raonic may win a set but I don't see Murray having too many problems.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-01-2016, 08:19 AM
Raonic breaks Andy in the opening game and goes on to win the set 6-4.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2016, 08:26 AM
Andy not playing very well at all here, the other guy is not particularly good either. He needs to step it up a gear, or we might just see another of those days where he goes out to someone nowhere near as good as he is.

CallumLaidlaw
29-01-2016, 08:34 AM
Andy not playing very well at all here, the other guy is not particularly good either. He needs to step it up a gear, or we might just see another of those days where he goes out to someone nowhere near as good as he is.

I don't think he's as good as murray obviously, but I do think he's a very good player and will end up top 5 (again)

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2016, 08:52 AM
I don't think he's as good as murray obviously, but I do think he's a very good player and will end up top 5 (again)

Yes, sorry you are right, he is a good player but the top 3 have shown themselves to be a bit ahead of the rest, a step up in class.

Yet Andy does have that bad game in his locker more than the other two. :boo hoo:

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Murray takes set 2 7-5, get in there!

Pretty Boy
29-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Much better 2nd set. Hopefully gets it done in 4 now

stoneyburn hibs
29-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Is this on BBC I player or just Eurosport ?

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Looks like he's starting to turn this around. :thumbsup:

lord bunberry
29-01-2016, 09:26 AM
This is attritional stuff, I wonder if this guy will last the pace.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2016, 10:16 AM
He will need to win in 5 now. :worried:

lord bunberry
29-01-2016, 10:17 AM
He will need to win in 5 now. :worried:
That boys a machine

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2016, 10:21 AM
That boys a machine

He is playing well, but Andy is way below his best here in my opinion. Some of his returns are poor, and he's famous for his returns.

Cant see him winning this now, but he has come back before.

stoneyburn hibs
29-01-2016, 10:31 AM
Is this on BBC I player or just Eurosport ?

Anyone ?

CallumLaidlaw
29-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Anyone ?

should be on iplayer - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/tennis/35043985

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Andy breaks serve, 4-3 in the 4th now.

lord bunberry
29-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Andy breaks serve, 4-3 in the 4th now.
And holds. Just:greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
29-01-2016, 11:06 AM
should be on iplayer - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/tennis/35043985

Thanks Callum.

lord bunberry
29-01-2016, 11:10 AM
Come on Andy

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2016, 11:10 AM
wins 4th set 6-4 :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2016, 11:16 AM
Andy breaks in the 1st game of the 5th set. The other guy is clearly injured, but hey ho. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
29-01-2016, 11:24 AM
Raonic looks done here.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2016, 11:24 AM
3-0 two breaks. :greengrin

lord bunberry
29-01-2016, 11:28 AM
The fat lady is clearing her throat.

Wilson
29-01-2016, 11:34 AM
The fat lady is clearing her throat.

Bet Andy complains about the noise...

Alex Trager
29-01-2016, 11:39 AM
He's done well to get it back in the manner he has.
At work but I think the Canadian is injured?

He looks to be all but through hopefully.
Come on Andy.

Alex Trager
29-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Murrays killing him as a club atm

patch1875
29-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Thought he was lucky didn't see him winning it before the injury.

Can't really see past Djokovic on Sunday unfortunately.

Pretty Boy
29-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Finalists for Britain in the men's singles, men's doubles, men's wheelchair single and men's wheelchair doubles as well as, to avoid an argument, a lady who has come through the British system, reaching the semi finals.

Not a bad tournament and it could get better.

Danderhall Hibs
29-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Thought he was lucky didn't see him winning it before the injury.

Can't really see past Djokovic on Sunday unfortunately.

Was it an injury or is the guy just not as fit as the elite yet?

lord bunberry
29-01-2016, 04:45 PM
I think he was genuinely injured. He moves well for such a big guy, but it must leave him more susceptible to lower body injuries. I think he's already had a few operations in his career.

Sir David Gray
29-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Fantastic tournament for Scottish tennis with Andy Murray getting to the men's singles final, Jamie Murray reaching the men's doubles final and Gordon Reid reaching the men's wheelchair singles and doubles finals.

Good luck to all three of them over the next couple of days. :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-01-2016, 08:09 PM

Exactly, remember the same sort of thing used to happen to Murray so he just pushed himself even harder in the gym and look at the condition he is in now.

leither17
29-01-2016, 11:45 PM
Tuned into bbc this morning expecting to see the semi final while I was at work and they weren't covering it when did they lose that?

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2016, 07:57 AM
Not sure how long it'll last but, Kerber has made an excellent start, 3-1 in set 1.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2016, 08:23 AM
1st set to Kerber 6-4.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2016, 09:36 AM
Kerber goes 5-2 ahead in set 3.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2016, 10:16 AM
Kerber wins the title, what a tremendous performance.

Danderhall Hibs
30-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Murray wins the doubles. Only a 3 set match though?

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 07:14 AM
Not long to go now. C'mon Andy

3pm
31-01-2016, 07:21 AM
is it on normal tv?

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 07:29 AM
is it on normal tv?

Eurosport.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 07:52 AM
Murray broken in his 1st service game, with a double fault no less, after having a break point in Djokovic's.

2-0 1st set.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 08:00 AM
Broken again. 4-0 down now.

He keeps playing like this it will be a short morning of tennis.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 08:14 AM
1st set to Djokovic. 6-1 in 30 minutes.

easty
31-01-2016, 08:26 AM
Eurosport.

cheers PB...I've been sitting watching it on a pretty crappy stream online. I didnt realise it was on Eurosport! Got it on now :aok:

Just need Djokovic to drop his game a bit now.:greengrin

bigwheel
31-01-2016, 08:52 AM
is it just me, or does anyone else find watching Murray at Tennis much more nerve wracking than watching Hibs??

easty
31-01-2016, 08:57 AM
too many mistakes

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 08:58 AM
Broken again in a game immediately after he had a chance to break himself.

It's more even now but Djokovic is taking his chances, Murray isn't.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Break back despite a speculative challenge from Djokovic.

easty
31-01-2016, 09:11 AM
has to hold his serve here

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Huge hold there.

Murray on top at the moment. He looks every bit the player Djokovic is now, just needs to take his chances and cut out the silly unforced errors.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 09:27 AM
Sake man.

Threw that game away.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 09:33 AM
And another break point goes begging for Murray and he has a mountain to climb at 2 sets down.

Seen it all before.

Aldo
31-01-2016, 09:41 AM
And another break point goes begging for Murray and he has a mountain to climb at 2 sets down. Seen it all before.

Yip. Match will be won in 3 sets IMHO. No way back!

I'm_cabbaged
31-01-2016, 09:43 AM
Djokovic is a ****ing machine, I'm going on a gluten free diet 💪

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Yip. Match will be won in 3 sets IMHO. No way back!

He's chucked it before when 2-0 down. Almost packs up.

Djokovic and Federer have beat him before he gets in court. He needs to add a psychologist to his team ASAP.

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Djokovic is a ****ing machine, I'm going on a gluten free diet 💪

Is that a euphemism? Wonder if Sergey's ever investigated him?

I'm_cabbaged
31-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Is that a euphemism? Wonder if Sergey's ever investigated him?

😀

I'm_cabbaged
31-01-2016, 09:50 AM
He's chucked it before when 2-0 down. Almost packs up.

Djokovic and Federer have beat him before he gets in court. He needs to add a psychologist to his team ASAP.

Yep, 40 love up and loses the set. No danger Djokovic wouldn't have seen that out.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Break back for Murray in the 3rd. C'mom to **** Andy get it going.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 10:30 AM
3rd set goes the tiebreak.

Murray battling away well.

easty
31-01-2016, 10:33 AM
2 double faults in the tie-break, that's very very poor

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 10:33 AM
Playing like a muppet here. 2 double faults and it looks all over.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 10:37 AM
All over. Had his chance in the 2nd set and didn't take it. Rallied well in the 3rd then fell apart in the tiebreak.

patch1875
31-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Always going to be a tall order, the mans a machine.

lord bunberry
31-01-2016, 10:42 AM
I know it's stating the obvious, but Murray has to be disappointed with that. He had so many unforced errors that Djokovic didn't have to play that well.

BroxburnHibee
31-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Always going to be a tall order, the mans a machine.

A suspiciously well oiled machine :greengrin

NorthHibees
31-01-2016, 11:09 AM
Djokovic is a machine but unfortunately he did not have to play well today to beat Murray.Murray made to many unforced errors.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2016, 01:10 PM
After the way Novak won his semi I couldnae see it being any other set score. It must be soul destroying for Andy to know how good he is but still be a distance behind Djokovic.