PDA

View Full Version : Feruz

Iceman1875
14-01-2016, 10:18 PM
Seems his days at Hibs are numbered. After having a swatch at the Chelsea forum, it appears Swansea are interested in him on loan... Can't get a game for us but potentially going to the EPL, crazy game!

At Easter Road we play...

Scouse Hibee
14-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Seems his days at Hibs are numbered. After having a swatch at the Chelsea forum, it appears Swansea are interested in him on loan... Can't get a game for us but potentially going to the EPL, crazy game!

At Easter Road we play...

unbelievable

Forza Fred
14-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Sometimes the necessary chemistry does simply not exist between player and club.

Not just football ability that sees someone succeed in the professional game, but attitude and application too.

Sadly I think Feruz lacks the latter two qualities and his name will eventually disappear from articles naming him and professional clubs in the same articlebecause of that.

Be interesting to see where he is in three years time.

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2016, 11:59 PM
Sometimes the necessary chemistry does simply not exist between player and club.

Not just football ability that sees someone succeed in the professional game, but attitude and application too.

Sadly I think Feruz lacks the latter two qualities and his name will eventually disappear from articles naming him and professional clubs in the same articlebecause of that.

Be interesting to see where he is in three years time.

Had this conversation with my brother in law earlier. I reckon we'll have all forgotten about him, he'll be sitting in his big house playing Xbox but not football.

Diclonius
15-01-2016, 12:11 AM
We'll see Feruz back up here in a couple years at Livingston or something.

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2016, 12:20 AM
We'll see Feruz back up here in a couple years at Livingston or something.

I think he'd Jack it in rather than play down the leagues into his late 20s.

Ozyhibby
15-01-2016, 12:33 AM
I think he'd Jack it in rather than play down the leagues into his late 20s.

He'll probably have too, these young players aren't known for being careful with the cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibeemikey21
15-01-2016, 09:25 AM
He'll probably have too, these young players aren't known for being careful with the cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feruz is different in that respect. He invested wisely in a felt-covered Mercedes which he can't legally drive.

Bill Milne
15-01-2016, 09:28 AM
Sad to see a young bloke with so much talent making such an erse of his career.

CRAZYHIBBY
15-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Can't wait to see what he says to the media about his time with us.....was it not blackpool he slated saying they spend more time picking the ball out of their own net than playing football

lucky
15-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Sad to see a young bloke with so much talent making such an erse of his career.

But has he got talent? He never showed he was capable of playing in the Scottish Championship. I'll be amazed if he ends up playing regularly in the EPL or English championship

S4uzee
15-01-2016, 09:52 AM
But has he got talent? He never showed he was capable of playing in the Scottish Championship. I'll be amazed if he ends up playing regularly in the EPL or English championship

I think he has. He hardly ever played for Hibs and never started a game due to the form of our strikers.

He clearly has something and I think he'd do well given a run of games

SeanWilson
15-01-2016, 09:53 AM

to be fair the lad, he joined a solid team that you'd have to be offering something very special to break in to bar injuries, which we have been lucky with (in the kind of role he would play).... the time he had on the pitch was minimal and he looked OK. In different cirumstances, who know so a little unfair to judge him on his time with us.

EDIT: PS, he played for celtic before being signed by Chelsea, which probably alludes to some talent.

CallumLaidlaw
15-01-2016, 10:03 AM
to be fair the lad, he joined a solid team that you'd have to be offering something very special to break in to bar injuries, which we have been lucky with (in the kind of role he would play).... the time he had on the pitch was minimal and he looked OK. In different cirumstances, who know so a little unfair to judge him on his time with us.

EDIT: PS, he played for celtic before being signed by Chelsea, which probably alludes to some talent.

See to me, yes Cummings has been in form, but Malonga and Keatings have been patchy. If he was showing ANYTHING in training, surely he would have been given the chance to start at least 1 game. Dagnall got a start in his first available game.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Every loan move he has had has ranged from disappointing to utter disaster.

Every club can't be in the wrong. When Chelsea send a player on loan to the English Championship they probably hope they will perform, if you are sent to the Scottish 2nd tier I think hope becomes expectation that you will perform.

Feruz is 20 now with 9 career appearances and no senior goals. He'll need to start playing and scoring soon if he is to make it to the level he obviously apsires to play at.

SeanWilson
15-01-2016, 10:15 AM
See to me, yes Cummings has been in form, but Malonga and Keatings have been patchy. If he was showing ANYTHING in training, surely he would have been given the chance to start at least 1 game. Dagnall got a start in his first available game.

he's not a striker (that i'm aware of). He is an attacking Mid type.. could probably have taken up the Keatings role in the likes of the Rangers game if showing something, as you say.

I don't know, just cant see him having no talent...

Smartie
15-01-2016, 10:24 AM
He played quite well during his last brief cameo for us, helped us heap pressure on QoS and scrape the points when it looked unlikely.

Obviously his spell with us has been a disappointment but I wouldn't write him off yet.

There's something there.

CallumLaidlaw
15-01-2016, 10:24 AM
he's not a striker (that i'm aware of). He is an attacking Mid type.. could probably have taken up the Keatings role in the likes of the Rangers game if showing something, as you say.

I don't know, just cant see him having no talent...

Oh he definitely has talent. But it appears that he simply has no desire.

Alfred E Newman
15-01-2016, 04:07 PM

Has he though? Is it not the case that he is living on past reputation and based on speculation that he was going to mature into one of the brightest talents in British football. By all reports he seems to believe the hype as well. I know we have not seen much of him in a Hibs shirt but he has shown nothing of note here and if you can't hack it in the Scottish lower leagues it doesn't augur well for the future.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2016, 04:50 PM

:agree: Nail on head in my opinion, and probably as a result of the riches already obtained.

magpie1892
15-01-2016, 07:28 PM
He'll need to start playing and scoring soon if he is to make it to the level he obviously apsires to play at.

I know one of Feruz's former managers fairly well who tells me that he aspires to nothing more than ostentatious shows of his rapidly-diminshing wealth and displayed an 'appalling' attitude, 'especially in training'.

Quite a catch for someone by the sounds of things!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-01-2016, 07:34 PM
He's away, good riddance.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2016, 07:44 PM
I've know one of Feruz's former managers fairly well who tells me that he aspires to nothing more than ostentatious shows of his rapidly-diminshing wealth and displayed an 'appalling' attitude, 'especially in training'.

Quite a catch for someone by the sounds of things!

That's interesting.

I remember a good few years ago now Lennox Lewis gave an interview and was asked about Audley Harrison. His reply was along the lines that Harrison wanted the chanpagne lifestyle and riches that came with being a top heavyweight boxer but wasn't willing to put in the effort in training to reach the level needed to earn that lifestyle.

Maybe Feruz has the same issue.

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2016, 08:24 PM
:agree: Nail on head in my opinion, and probably as a result of the riches already obtained.

I think this is probably the crux of it and accounts for a lot of talented players not making it in the game. To be a probable millionaire on the strength of 9 senior games at twenty is ludicrous, and modern football is ultimately shortchanging the players -who will get to point when they look back in despair of a career unrealized- and the supporters.

To be fair to players like Feruz, if I was twenty and running around in a smart sports car, living in a luxury pad, probably ****ging everything in sight, I'd be pretty content with my comfort zone and not that inclined to push the boat out.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-01-2016, 09:49 PM
I think this is probably the crux of it and accounts for a lot of talented players not making it in the game. To be a probable millionaire on the strength of 9 senior games at twenty is ludicrous, and modern football is ultimately shortchanging the players -who will get to point when they look back in despair of a career unrealized- and the supporters.

To be fair to players like Feruz, if I was twenty and running around in a smart sports car, living in a luxury pad, probably ****ging everything in sight, I'd be pretty content with my comfort zone and not that inclined to push the boat out.

He's got a boat as well? He really is a flash *******

GreenArmyyy!
15-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Not bothered at all by this. Very much like Vas Te, may go on to better things but either wasn't interested enough or good enough whilst with us.

magpie1892
15-01-2016, 09:52 PM

Begs the question, though what he'll do when his Chelsea contract ends. Not that I could care less what he does come 2018, but it may well involve tossing off Latvian sailors for coins down the docks.

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2016, 10:01 PM
Begs the question, though what he'll do when his Chelsea contract ends. Not that I could care less what he does come 2018, but it may well involve tossing off Latvian sailors for coins down the docks.

As long as he gets LOADS of coins.

Haymaker
15-01-2016, 10:06 PM

He'll be begging wee clubs for a game with expenses paid only.

truehibernian
15-01-2016, 10:15 PM
He'll be begging wee clubs for a game with expenses paid only.

He was originally spotted playing in a night time kids football project in Sighthill, Glasgow - I met two guys who were involved in it. Lovely wee lad back then apparently who sadly, because of his young fame, attracted very undesirable hangers on.

MagicSwirlingShip
15-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Shame he never got a chance to show us his talent. But that's football! :agree:

Hope he goes on to achieve success elsewhere :Awright!:

It's actually some story that the boy hyped as the next big thing in Scottish football couldn't displace our Jason from the team, who was playing part time 2 years ago.

JASON CUMMINGS BABY :thumbsup::thumbsup:

neil7908
16-01-2016, 10:54 AM
I was really excited when I heard he signed for us and thought it was a major coup. Now I'm just not sure what to think of him. I don't think I saw enough to have the faintest idea where he will end up in a few years but I have to say if he can't break into a team playing in our league you have to wonder. He's 20 now and someone mentioned he's never scored a senior goal. Plenty of young players in the lower English or Scottish leagues who will have chalked up dozens of appearances and scored a few by his age.

I'm really interested to see where he ends up. Could be one of these players like Watmore or Vaz Te who didn't do much with us but have gone on to bigger and better things