PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Begging for tickets

Fishwicke
13-01-2016, 08:42 PM
If people agree with the points system let's hope we don't start a begging for tickets thread for the hearts game . My brothers and me are on different points for different reasons . I'm able to go to most away games, a share holder and season ticket holder. Brothers are season ticket holders but can't go to every away game. . We take our chances under the present system. People with required points should not be able to give their ticket to people who have not earned them. Don't know how to stop it, but await the Can anybody get me a ticket thread.

H18 SFR
13-01-2016, 08:45 PM
When do you think we should expect and announcement re the Yam tickets?

Hibbyradge
13-01-2016, 08:47 PM
The loyalty points system is thicker than blood.

Scouse Hibee
13-01-2016, 08:47 PM
If people agree with the points system let's hope we don't start a begging for tickets thread for the hearts game . My brothers and me are on different points for different reasons . I'm able to go to most away games, a share holder and season ticket holder. Brothers are season ticket holders but can't go to every away game. . We take our chances under the present system. People with required points should not be able to give their ticket to people who have not earned them. Don't know how to stop it, but await the Can anybody get me a ticket thread.

People asked for tickets before the loyalty scheme and have every right to ask for them now. Fail to see why people get hung up on this. If tickets are in high demand people will try everything they can to get one so what.

Diclonius
13-01-2016, 08:56 PM
The loyalty points system is thicker than blood.

Live by the loyalty points, die by the loyalty points.

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 08:59 PM
The same thing happens with the Scotland Supporters Club when it comes to away games,it's known as harvesting.

Every away match a percentage of people who have purchased tickets for the match are randomly selected to pick their tickets up in person at a hotel/bar in the city which the match is due to be played. If you fail to turn up you are given a warning (it may be automatic suspension now) and if you continually cancel your ticket after receiving a random pick up email you are given the hee-ho

You'll be hard pushed to find a footsoldier who hasn't benefited in some way whether it be harvesting tickets or buying tickets from a harvester, it happens and it always will happen.

I can't see Hibs going to the expense of hiring out a ticket booth or portacabin at away grounds. It's just one of these things that will happen I'm afraid

hibbysam
13-01-2016, 09:21 PM
I don't mind family or friends that can't make it, buying the ticket and then giving it to there mates or family, however what annoys me is total strangers coming on literally begging for a ticket to the game! If someone puts up that they have a spare by all means ask for it but I find it cringy watching grown men begging over a match day ticket.

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2016, 09:31 PM
If I'm not going someone can have my client reference. That way they get a ticket and I get the loyalty points to keep über fan status.

Win-win.

SunshineOnLeith
13-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Anyone got a spare ticket?

Scouse Hibee
13-01-2016, 09:41 PM
I don't mind family or friends that can't make it, buying the ticket and then giving it to there mates or family, however what annoys me is total strangers coming on literally begging for a ticket to the game! If someone puts up that they have a spare by all means ask for it but I find it cringy watching grown men begging over a match day ticket.

It's no different to walking along the street on matchdays asking complete strangers if any spares. Has the internet turned folk into ticket snobs these days,so many folk moaning about how other folk go about getting tickets.

Alex Trager
13-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Why worry?

If folk want to ask they can ask surely?

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 09:42 PM
You should only be allowed to ask on the PM board

Scouse Hibee
13-01-2016, 09:42 PM
You should only be allowed to ask on the PM board

Why?

Alex Trager
13-01-2016, 09:46 PM
How did surely get tickets before anyone else?
Loyalty points my rrs, clearly as corrupt as everything else in football.

Don't call me Shirley

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Why?

My theory is as follows;

More subscribers meaning more people will be aware of the ITK stories and lessen the risk of civil cyber war which we have seen today on the open forum
A PM subscriber is less likely to be a chancer (in no way am I saying this has been the case in days gone by) and any untoward behaviour or vandalism will be dealt with accordingly using the details provided, or dare I say it a Yam
More chance of tickets going to people who really want them, by signing up would be a sign of intent
More subscribers to the PM board meaning more funding
More funding means more chances to sponsor shirts/boots etc
More importantly more funding will mean that more money could be put towards the monthly donation to HSL and take our club forward

No, I'm not an admin, nor am I a PM subscriber and nor do I intend to sign up as I have all the super duper loyalty points I need. Just putting it out there

:greengrin

lord bunberry
13-01-2016, 09:57 PM
If I've earned enough loyalty points to get me a ticket and I want to give it to someone else, then thats my business.

Fishwicke
13-01-2016, 10:12 PM
If I've earned enough loyalty points to get me a ticket and I want to give it to someone else, then thats my business.Then what's the point of the the point system?

lord bunberry
13-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Then what's the point of the the point system?
To reward my loyalty with the right to buy a ticket.

SunshineOnLeith
13-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Then what's the point of the the point system?

Why would you possibly care whether lord bunberry attends the game, or hands his ticket to someone else? Should we all post our 'uber' credentials and just let you divvy out all the tickets to those you deem worthy?

Fishwicke
13-01-2016, 10:43 PM
To reward my loyalty with the right to buy a ticket.
It's your loyalty . Not theirs. The person you pass your ticket to may not deseserve it.

lord bunberry
13-01-2016, 10:50 PM
It's your loyalty . Not theirs. The person you pass your ticket to may not deseserve it.
Surely I've earned the right to decide? It won't be happening anyway as I'll be going.
My daughter who is only five has enough points, but I won't be taking her, I will be getting a ticket and giving it to one of my mates.

Fishwicke
13-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Surely I've earned the right to decide? It won't be happening anyway as I'll be going.Then we are both going . No problem. Ggtth.

Fishwicke
13-01-2016, 11:11 PM
People asked for tickets before the loyalty scheme and have every right to ask for them now. Fail to see why people get hung up on this. If tickets are in high demand people will try everything they can to get one so what.I agree . Then what's the point of the points system.

lucky
13-01-2016, 11:33 PM
Surely I've earned the right to decide? It won't be happening anyway as I'll be going.
My daughter who is only five has enough points, but I won't be taking her, I will be getting a ticket and giving it to one of my mates.

No you've not earned the right to decide, you've earned the right to buy a ticket for yourself. It means other fans in queue lose out. The whole point of the loyalty system is that it's for fans that go to games not friends and family.

Fishwicke
13-01-2016, 11:53 PM
No you've not earned the right to decide, you've earned the right to buy a ticket for yourself. It means other fans in queue lose out. The whole point of the loyalty system is that it's for fans that go to games not friends and family.i think that's my point.

Fishwicke
14-01-2016, 12:13 AM
Anyone got a spare ticket?Exactly. No point required.

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 12:49 AM
This thread was always going to be controversial and cause issues, big padlock for this one??

marinello59
14-01-2016, 06:28 AM
Anybody fancy a flag debate to lighten the mood a bit?

Scouse Hibee
14-01-2016, 06:48 AM
No you've not earned the right to decide, you've earned the right to buy a ticket for yourself. It means other fans in queue lose out. The whole point of the loyalty system is that it's for fans that go to games not friends and family.

Haha fokk can grt a ticket and do what they like with it.

TamHibs
14-01-2016, 06:53 AM
Soooo..... Nobody got a spare reference then?..... :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Hibee87
14-01-2016, 06:58 AM
Haha fokk can grt a ticket and do what they like with it.

This is the funniest thread ive read in a long time :tee hee:

so we've now got people who cringe when other people ask for a ticket and people getting on their high horse because someome with enough points gives their ticket away? Dont you just love the hibs support sometimes

SeanWilson
14-01-2016, 07:02 AM
In what way shape or form is it cringey or offensive for fellow hibs fans to ask a favour for tickets on a hibs fans forum? Surely people asking for them are in the same boat as the others waiting in the que - ie hibs fans with not enough points in one way or another. If you don't ask you don't get in this life.

stormchild
14-01-2016, 07:11 AM
Soooo..... Nobody got a spare reference then?..... :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
Think you caused enough trouble last time! Pm me! Lol

TamHibs
14-01-2016, 07:14 AM
Think you caused enough trouble last time! Pm me! Lol

Done :greengrin

dangermouse
14-01-2016, 07:21 AM
Just to make it crystal clear, I'll be buying two tickets, one for me one for my son, and we will both be using them to go to the piggery :greengrin

lord bunberry
14-01-2016, 07:25 AM
Hibs obviously don't have a problem with it or they wouldn't allow me to buy an adult ticket with my daughters season ticket. As for the point of a loyalty system my loyalty is being rewarded by allowing me to use the ticket as I wish. I buy my daughter a season ticket and take her to away games, she isn't buying the ticket herself. What difference does it make if I buy a ticket for the hearts game and give it to her or someone else?

Salt N Sauzee
14-01-2016, 07:26 AM

you're at it :faf:

ronaldo7
14-01-2016, 07:36 AM
Hibs obviously don't have a problem with it or they wouldn't allow me to buy an adult ticket with my daughters season ticket. As for the point of a loyalty system my loyalty is being rewarded by allowing me to use the ticket as I wish. I buy my daughter a season ticket and take her to away games, she isn't buying the ticket herself. What difference does it make if I buy a ticket for the hearts game and give it to her or someone else?

:agree: Soon you'll have to attend a meeting with the Points committee to guarantee you're Uber enough to do what you want with your tickets.:greengrin

If someone wants to ask for spare tickets then crack on guys/girls.:aok:

SeanWilson
14-01-2016, 07:44 AM
:agree: Soon you'll have to attend a meeting with the Points committee to guarantee you're Uber enough to do what you want with your tickets.:greengrin

If someone wants to ask for spare tickets then crack on guys/girls.:aok:

Now that i've been given permission.... I need one client ref for the SJ semi if anyone could help :greengrin

bigwheel
14-01-2016, 07:46 AM
I'm looking forward to the "someone has used my client reference to get a ticket for themselves" thread....

hibeesboii
14-01-2016, 07:49 AM
I don't have enough points for a ticket (work/travel) but if anyone wasn't needing one, I would take it off them and enjoy a friendly pint with them 😜👍

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2016, 07:52 AM
If anyone has a spare, can i be the first to beg for it please, pretty please.

Have i begged enough here, i'm willing to do much more if needed?

Hibee87
14-01-2016, 08:14 AM
If anyone has a spare, can i be the first to beg for it please, pretty please.

Have i begged enough here, i'm willing to do much more if needed?

Stop it, the cringe factor has reached new hights now :greengrin

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 08:28 AM
There's likely to be thousands of ineligible fans looking for tickets for this game, not just on this site. You'll be lucky if 5% of them manage to get a ticket because demand will be so high.

Bostonhibby
14-01-2016, 08:31 AM
When I was at the Yam match at ER last season I bought a pie and chose to give it to my mate who was attending his first home game that season, I realise now that someone more deserving could have got this pie, I thought I better get it out there now in case it has some impact on the loyalty situation or my chances of getting my hands on a League cup final ticket when we get there.

What makes it worse is he is a tight sod so I doubt I could retrieve the position by getting him to either give me the price of the pie back, or another pie in place of it.

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Stop it, the cringe factor has reached new hights now :greengrin

I'm willing to take it much lower. :wink:

Septimus
14-01-2016, 08:48 AM
I have a parrot who can say GGTTH. Can he please have a ticket?

PS he does not grovel very well.

Hibs90
14-01-2016, 08:54 AM

If I don't get one I'l be asking for spares whether you like it or not. I'll even sit in the home end if I have to :wink:

bod
14-01-2016, 08:56 AM
If I'm not going someone can have my client reference. That way they get a ticket and I get the loyalty points to keep über fan status.

Win-win.

what happens when the next game you fancy going to, the chap has used it before you ?

Scouse Hibee
14-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Here's my client ref if anyone needs it 7062

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 09:05 AM
If I don't get one I'l be asking for spares whether you like it or not. I'll even sit in the home end if I have to :wink:

No chance you'll get a ticket in the home end.

southern hibby
14-01-2016, 09:09 AM

How have you managed to get my bank account PIN number. Now I'll have to transfer all my money into a building society. Lol

GGTTH

SunshineOnLeith
14-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Exactly. No point required.

No points required? Excellent!

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2016, 09:33 AM
No points required? Excellent!

:greengrin

H18 SFR
14-01-2016, 03:25 PM

That is genuinely my PIN number. I honestly thought I was being quite clever with that one. Back to the drawing board.

HiBremian
14-01-2016, 03:35 PM
That is genuinely my PIN number. I honestly thought I was being quite clever with that one. Back to the drawing board.

Try mixing the numbers up into numerical order, 0267, so you can easily remember your PIN :doh:

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2016, 03:47 PM

Change it to something like 1875, nobody would ever guess random numbers like these.

Pete
14-01-2016, 05:04 PM
So do I post here when I'm begging for tickets or is this thread only for people to complain about people begging for tickets?

P.s. I do things for loyalty points.

Arch Stanton
14-01-2016, 05:26 PM
Just buy the ticket and sell it on ebay - apparently you can make millions doing that! :greengrin